Pip
RealGunner
LeSwagg James
79 posters

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down

DMzema Returned - Page 7 Empty Re: DMzema Returned

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:'If Benzema was the one scoring Madrid's penalties, he would have EXACTLY the same number of goals in 2014 as Cristiano'

Shocked

Isn't this under the assumption that Ronaldo didn't take any penalties?

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:56 pm

yeah it is...

but here's the thing, Benz very very rarely has taken and free kicks in his career.  He was mostly with Juninho at Lyon and then Ronaldo at Madrid.  He only took FKs 1 year when Juninho left at Lyon before joining Madrid.  Granted, he was very good at them.  I recall him scoring 4 goals from free kicks (not PKs)

Here's one:

He takes them with France too at times now also and he's been unlucky:

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Benz has 28 goals and 20 assists in CY 2014 with Madrid and 7 goals/4 assists with France.  All from open play except for 1 PK with France.

CR had 50 goals i think.

I wouldn't be surprised if CR took 22 PKs for Madrid tbh.  We get a ton of PKs.  One every other match just on feeling...

Btw, Benz is an awful PK taker since he never takes them.  I think he's missed 2 out of the last 3 for France.  He was 1 for 2 in the WC and missed one in the friendly against Sweden i think.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:43 pm

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:51 am

https://twitter.com/InfostradaLive/status/550252714954067969

Interesting stat. Benz is the player who won the most games (in which he played) in 2014 with 51 for both club and country.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Isco-esque stuff from the Cat Molenation Molenation Molenation
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Unreal.

He hasn't been scoring much. What's the reason for that?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Bale is back, so Benzema steps back in midfield more to get the ball moving.

when he was playing upfront with CR, and supported by Isco and James, he was scoring more.

tiredness comes into it as well, and benzema is admittedly a streaky player too..
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:23 pm

If Bale makes a couple of easy 2 meter side passes, Benz has 2 goals in the last 3. Instead, he ran into the keeper once and missed another... all you can do as a striker is get into proper scoring positions. If your guys don't pass you the ball, you can't score.

And what Nick said.

Playing well though. I don't see a drop off in his quality.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:07 am

How benzema isnt reals best player is beyond me. Oh, i forgot, he doesn't score 50 goals a season.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:34 am

In the first half of the last match, Ronaldo lost the ball 15 times in like 20 minutes in the first half. couldn't even pass the ball like a proper football player. how can people call that the best player in the world is a big question for me.

oh i forgot, he scores goals.... while being crap in every single aspect of the game.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:06 pm

Sometimes I wonder why you show up only when Ronaldo has a bad game hmm
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Mamad wrote:In the first half of the last match, Ronaldo lost the ball 15 times in like 20 minutes in the first half. couldn't even pass the ball like a proper football player. how can people call that the best player in the world is a big question for me.

oh i forgot, he scores goals.... while being crap in every single aspect of the game.

TBF, if you take CR for what he is, a GS then he is fine. If you start comparing him to any of the other greats, he falls short because his game is so limited. The sad thing is that goals today mean you are a GOAT. Pogba is getting more recognition for his volleys than his actual mf play. The americanisation of the sport is almost complete.

inb4 CR is the most complete player in football history
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:50 pm

jibers wrote:
Mamad wrote:In the first half of the last match, Ronaldo lost the ball 15 times in like 20 minutes in the first half. couldn't even pass the ball like a proper football player. how can people call that the best player in the world is a big question for me.

TBF, if you take CR for what he is, a GS then he is fine. If you start comparing him to any of the other greats, he falls short because his game is so limited. The sad thing is that goals today mean you are a GOAT. Pogba is getting more recognition for his volleys than his actual mf play. The americanisation of the sport is almost complete.

He was the best player in the world when he was playing as a winger and not a goalscorer so had to rely on the other aspects of his game and then he reinvented himself as a goalscorer and returned to be the best player ever and the best goalscorer ever as he has more goals than appearances with Madrid, is going to surpass Raul's record in his sixth season, will overtake Messi's records for La Liga and Champions.

CR is the most complete player in football history.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Katy Perry wrote:
jibers wrote:

He was the best player in the world when he was playing as a winger and not a goalscorer so had to rely on the other aspects of his game and then he reinvented himself as a goalscorer and returned to be the best player ever and the best goalscorer ever as he has more goals than appearances with Madrid, is going to surpass Raul's record in his sixth season, will overtake Messi's records for La Liga and Champions.

CR is the most complete player in football history.

When was the last time CR was a 'winger'? He stopped being a winger between 07 and 08.

Now I am certain you are just troll. I really don't know why I responded. Good job, you baited me. 8/10 trolling effort. You are arguably the most complete troll in GL history.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:01 pm

I was just playing your game, saying that he's the most complete player in football history is just as inaccurate as saying that his game is limited and that he can't be compared to the other greats.

And I'm not a troll, I have never trolled in my 528 messages I posted here, abd my warning level has always remained 100%, which can't be said for you. You're more troll than I am.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:01 pm

529*
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Katy Perry wrote:I was just playing your game, saying that he's the most complete player in football history is just as inaccurate as saying that his game is limited and that he can't be compared to the other greats.

And I'm not a troll, I have never trolled in my 528 messages I posted here, abd my warning level has always remained 100%, which can't be said for you. You're more troll than I am.

You are under the assumption that my % was deducted for trolling. That's why you are complete. You tether on the boundaries. I can learn from you. Top lel.

Either way his game IS limited and  most people that know anything about football can see that. Cruijff, Pele, Dieguito all could score but they all could create and could see the whole field. CR simply doesn't have that sort of creativity. That's not a slight on him, it is what it is. He usually contributes nothing outside of goals.

Edit: I got baited again :facepalm:

KP Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:52 pm

Obviously I was kidding when I said he's the most complete player ever, he's not as complete as the guys you mentioned. However it's not right to say that his game is limited and he can't offer nothing besides goals as he was already the best player in the planet before he moved to Madrid and became a goalscorer and was playing as a Winger/SS for United.

And since his move at Madrid and his transition as a pure goalscorer he has more goals than apps, he's going to reach Raul's all time record for Madrid despite playing 10 seasons less than him, he's going to reach Messi's all time record for la Liga despite playing 5 seasons less than him, he's there for the all time record in the CL, and is the all time goalscorer for Portugal. Hence he's the best goalscorer ever, or at least one of the best. Hence, since goals are a key part of the game, he has to be considered amongst the greats.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Ronaldo can't contribute anywhere else outside of scoring, and just doesn't have creativity, yet leads La Liga in assists, and is behind only Suarez and Rodriguez in passes that lead to shots on goal per game. scratch
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:07 pm

that's a false stat...  passes that lead to shots on goal are called "key passes".  On Madrid, he averages 2 as does Benzema.  James is at 2,4 and Kroos is at 2,2.  Bale is off the pace at 1,3.  You also need to factor in passes attempted where Ronaldo gets 37,2; Benz gets 27,3; James gets 51,5; Kroos gets 71,8 and Bale gets 28,4.

Suarez is at 2,2 key passes on 32,3 passes per game.

Things are getting a little watered down at Madrid nowadays because you have two 10s playing at CM... so the creative opportunities for the forwards have dropped.  When Modric was playing, those were significantly higher.

Ronaldo does lead La Liga in assists with 9 followed by Benz, Messi, Koke and Denis all with 8. Overall for Madrid, Benz and Ronaldo both have 12 to lead the club.

You can get the stats here:  http://www.whoscored.com/.  They use Opta for their numbers.

I do agree that Ronaldo does a lot more than just score goals this season... he's become a lot more of a team player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:19 pm

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/4/Seasons/5435/Stages/11363/PlayerStatistics/Spain-La-Liga-2014-2015

Go to 'offensive' and 'key passes' and Ronaldo has 2.4 per game which has him only behind Suarez and James, like I said.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:29 pm

I was talking CL and La Liga combined since whoscored offers both in terms of key passes...  They're the two biggest competitions and CL is more important for Barca and Madrid.  You can't just isolate La Liga to say one player is the best at anything...  You have to look at all the big competitions.

for CL:  http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/250/Tournaments/12/Seasons/4333/Stages/11564/PlayerStatistics/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2014-2015

CL is better competition anyhow.  You always have 2 competitive teams per group and usually no more than 1 scrub (if any).  So you can't really stat pad unlike league play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Except Real's CL group is only 6 games and it was full of scrubs, the only decent team was Basilea. Ludogoretz are scrubs and Liverpool only became good when they got knocked out of CL and started playing 3-4-2-1, in the CL they were bad and stole Ludogoretz's EL spot due to a Javi Manquilo dive.

And CR7 played those CL games only to score because they were meaningless and against scrubs and wanted to regain the top scorer's CL place took by Messi and didn't play his usual complete and all-around and unselfish game as it's shown by leading La Liga's assist and third place as key passes after 20 games.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Liverpool and Basil are not scrubs... they may not be elite; but they are at the same level as the Sevilla, Valencia and Villareal's of the world. Ludogretz was not an easy team either tbh. In la liga however, after Villareal who is 6th, the teams are all well below the teams in Madrid's CL pool.

That's the beauty of CL... and that's why teams like City and Juve have struggled so much in recent years. There's no such thing as a gimme.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next