Karim Benzema Mk 2

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by Bankz on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Benzema has been made Madrids 4th captain.. Laughing This guy must have flos sex tapes or some nudes of Zidane ffs!!!!!! lmao

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by sportsczy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:32 pm

At Real Madrid, seniority is the only driver for captaincy. The captain is the longest standing regular, the co-captain is the second longest standing regular, etc. Benzema is 4th after Ramos and Marcelo... and tied with Ronaldo.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 15203
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by Doc on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 pm

Well, Madrid have this policy of granting "captaincy" based on seniority. Benzema has been here as long as Ronaldo so it makes sense going with that policy. Ramos is captain, Marcelo is vice captain, Ronaldo is 3rd in line (I think) and now Benzema.

Sigh.

_________________
avatar
Doc
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9348
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by Bankz on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:38 pm

yeah, I know. it's just that it seems odd and a little funny knowing benzemas personality and the fact that the guy just keeps on rocking and climbing to the top of the Madrid food chain regardless of how much haterade we all drink Laughing if I ever saw a gangsta like the Kariminal benchzema
avatar
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2739
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by titosantill on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:23 am

3rd and 4th capt. means little, just means they'll wear the armband when the first two are not available, and they'll do media sessions during things like xmas dinners. guti wore the armband a bunch of times and was a perennial bench guy. its not necessarily a food chain when you think of the big name skippers we've let go
avatar
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2954
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by RealGunner on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 pm

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 74461
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by halamadrid2 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:14 pm

He just figured that out today Laughing
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18361
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:35 pm

Benz lost his will to be great a long time ago lol, he is just happy to be CR number 1 henchman and since his numbers look good and he is winning trophies there are no second guessing. I’m sure he thinks of himself as a great, I remember young benzema was ambitious thinking of winning the CL and now he is just a loser

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 23930
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by M99 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:53 am


_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 25670
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 94

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by Luca on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 am

Om Arvind, Genius Tactician wrote:Let’s start with the more obvious stuff first: 4 tackles.


Luca
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 9193
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by iftikhar on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:47 am

For the welfare of all concerned, this guy should be shipped to China/ME/USA.
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 6994
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:37 pm

Chad, Chad, where are you!
avatar
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2661
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by BarcaLearning on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Very Happy I thought only Real fans hated Benzema, but it seems like everyone here does Very Happy Not too sure why apart jumping on the bandwagon as often it seems.

Strikers definitely shouldnt be judged on just scoring goals/finishing obviously, as some have mentioned, his all round game and impact is also important. Randomly think of a player perhaps would be Dwight Yorke, probably not known for his goals or finishing, but his all round game and ability to bring others into play and create chances makes him a top striker, at least not a scrub like everyone is saying Benzema is Very Happy

Still remember back at LYon he was very different though, probably hes needed to adjust his game to suit Ronaldo over the years, or just naturally evolved his game, etc.

Anyway I get it, wont take it too seriously but just find it wrong Benzema always gets so much stick here.

Who the hell is Chad Razz
avatar
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4141
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:15 pm

@BarcaLearning wrote:Very Happy I thought only Real fans hated Benzema, but it seems like everyone here does Very Happy Not too sure why apart jumping on the bandwagon as often it seems.

Strikers definitely shouldnt be judged on just scoring goals/finishing obviously, as some have mentioned, his all round game and impact is also important. Randomly think of a player perhaps would be Dwight Yorke, probably not known for his goals or finishing, but his all round game and ability to bring others into play and create chances makes him a top striker, at least not a scrub like everyone is saying Benzema is Very Happy

Still remember back at LYon he was very different though, probably hes needed to adjust his game to suit Ronaldo over the years, or just naturally evolved his game, etc.

Anyway I get it, wont take it too seriously but just find it wrong Benzema always gets so much stick here.

Who the hell is Chad Razz


Dude, no. Just no. Strikers SHOULD be judged on their goals, that's their job. There's positions like center midfield if you want to be judged on link up play, etc, whatever. Your post is absolutely clueless, benzema has been missing monster amounts of chances that even a pub player would put away. That's pitiful

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6118
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by titosantill on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:09 am

lol, you know what's funny, when i hear about this "all round" game that benzema supposedly possesses, it makes it sound like he is delivering defense splitting through passes or making that play he made against atleti week in week out.....which isn't the case. his best attribute has been, there's a counter, ball gets played to him, he does a one touch pass to bale, runs forward, bale gives it to back to benzema, benzema plays it to an overlapping carvajal, carvajal tees it for cristiano....and i don't think you need exceptional g.o.a.t-like talent to do that

other than the above 1-2, flick on pass scenario his next best asset has been getting out of cristiano's way, which once again, i don't think you need exceptional talent to do. i won't have had a problem if he wasn't missing easy chances. i think selflessness has made him lukewarm in front of goal. i hope zidane has him practicing, we really need goals this season, seeing as we are thin up front should injuries occur
avatar
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2954
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by BarcaLearning on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:30 am

Well, we are assess differently. So whether a striker is to be judged solely on goals, I'll just leave that argument only. I'll just mention another name though, Mandzukic, is he a scrub?

Whether Benzema is a top or even good striker or not though, as titosantill mentioned, he makes the things he does look easy, but put another lesser striker and it just wont work out the same, the link breaks down. There are also many strikers who miss tons of chances... ok not as bad as Benzema, but doesnt mean they are that bad also.

Just the opposite extreme I can think of too some strikers who almost just can finish and doesnt have much other strengths in their game, like Robbie Fowler I used to be a fan of, so deadly and accurate scoring, but his all round game lacked. I think its gotta do with the evolution of the game also where strikers nowadays have to do much more than in the past to just be in the box to finish and score.
avatar
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4141
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by rincon on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:39 am

The Mandzukic example works against you since he isn't actually good enough as a striker to be the striker for a team like Juve or Madrid. His all around play is great, and his defensive contribution is miles ahead of Benzema (or anyone else) but that is still not enough to have him be our main man up front.

Its why we play him on the wing and have Higuain and Dybala center.
avatar
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8290
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:04 am

@rincon wrote:The Mandzukic example works against you since he isn't actually good enough as a striker to be the striker for a team like Juve or Madrid. His all around play is great, and his defensive contribution is miles ahead of Benzema (or anyone else) but that is still not enough to have him be our main man up front.

Its why we play him on the wing and have Higuain and Dybala center.


Mandzukic was the main striker for Jupp's 12/13 Bayern but he's not good enough for your Beta team? Right.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 20045
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by Nivash on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:07 am

@FennecFox7 wrote:
Dude, no. Just no. Strikers SHOULD be judged on their goals, that's their job. There's positions like center midfield if you want to be judged on link up play, etc, whatever. Your post is absolutely clueless, benzema has been missing monster amounts of chances that even a pub player would put away. That's pitiful


In that vein, CR, as a winger, should not be judged on/applauded for his goalscoring contribution. The modern game has moved beyond set roles for positions, especially when you consider the team approach to things, where players need to perform a role based on the team's needs rather than the position's definition. At Madrid, CR is the goal threat, and needs players around him to support that

Nivash
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 178
Join date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by rincon on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:10 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@rincon wrote:The Mandzukic example works against you since he isn't actually good enough as a striker to be the striker for a team like Juve or Madrid. His all around play is great, and his defensive contribution is miles ahead of Benzema (or anyone else) but that is still not enough to have him be our main man up front.

Its why we play him on the wing and have Higuain and Dybala center.


Mandzukic was the main striker for Jupp's 12/13 Bayern but he's not good enough for your Beta team? Right.


Yet he was sold. I guess you are right though, since Mandzukic left your team keeps getting embarrassed in europe, while my Mandzukic-containing team does much better. I guess we found the reason why Bayern has been irrelevant for the last 5 years.
avatar
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8290
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by Luca on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:50 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@rincon wrote:The Mandzukic example works against you since he isn't actually good enough as a striker to be the striker for a team like Juve or Madrid. His all around play is great, and his defensive contribution is miles ahead of Benzema (or anyone else) but that is still not enough to have him be our main man up front.

Its why we play him on the wing and have Higuain and Dybala center.


Mandzukic was the main striker for Jupp's 12/13 Bayern but he's not good enough for your Beta team? Right.


Its 2017 bruv, might as well be another life time

But Mandzukic is still immense. He's just unable to displace Higuain who is better, ain't nothing wrong there. Two different types of players and lately, Higuain has been worse to start the season

Luca
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 9193
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by BarcaLearning on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:10 pm

The few posts above though is what I mean, the striker position have become much more than in the past, for some of the top teams, the striker is required to do so many things to be effective.
avatar
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4141
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by Doc on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:32 pm

A striker, above all things, needs to score goals. There are no two ways about it, once those goals dry up, he starts to lose his purpose. Sure, Mandi changed his game to suit Juve and it has worked but I am positively sure, if he were racking up the goals like Dzeko or Icardi, he and Higuain would have been competing with each other.

_________________
avatar
Doc
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9348
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by futbol_bill on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 pm

You mean Benz standing around doing little, not contributing to defense or simply playing invisible are the hallmarks of his all round game and impact?

This stated contributing to buildup and making plays is so far off! He makes literally 5 decent plays a year.
avatar
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2661
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by sportsczy on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:24 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:You mean Benz standing around doing little, not contributing to defense or simply playing invisible are the hallmarks of his all round game and impact?

This stated contributing to buildup and making plays is so far off! He makes literally 5 decent plays a year.

That's more than Bale :coffee:

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 15203
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by futbol_bill on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Take your pick, they are equally bad in my book.

But in Bale’s defense, when he does play his 10 or so games a year, he does help out with defense!
avatar
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2661
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Karim Benzema Mk 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum