Walter Mazzarri sacked . Roberto Mancini returns to Inter .

+15
Tomwin Lannister
Dante
urbaNRoots
Vibe
DeviAngel
Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
McAgger
M99
Forza
zizzle
Kaladin
junkyard
Robespierre
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Walter Mazzarri sacked . Roberto Mancini returns to Inter . - Page 2 Empty Re: Walter Mazzarri sacked . Roberto Mancini returns to Inter .

Post by DeviAngel Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 4:54

We'll have to wait and see If I am right or not. I'll never count those scudetti as success as in that time Inter had no competition, he was even to lose hsi scudetto to twice weaker Roma. But I'll give him benefit of the doubt.

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Walter Mazzarri sacked . Roberto Mancini returns to Inter . - Page 2 Empty Re: Walter Mazzarri sacked . Roberto Mancini returns to Inter .

Post by Dante Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 5:01

Art Morte wrote:
Dante wrote:
Vibe wrote:Mancini is far better than Ranieri,let's be real here.

I would name him in the top 10 managers in the world ATM,and I'm pleased with this signing.

Oh , definitely agreed. It's unfair to even compare Mancini with Ranieri . I see yet again what a coach Ranieri is , he manages Greece these days . Easiest euro group of all , 1 point so far. Many have given up on the next Euro already Laughing

Losing to the Faroe Islands at home now eco smile

Mancini is a bit lucky to get the Inter job, imo, but maybe he'll do well.

We were lucky we lost just 0-1 , the Faroe Islands players had to wake up early tomorrow morning to go to their jobs hmm
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 5:11

Red Alert wrote::facepalm:

Frosties !

Spoiler:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 5:12

DeviAngel wrote:We'll have to wait and see If I am right or not. I'll never count those scudetti as success as in that time Inter had no competition, he was even to lose hsi scudetto to twice weaker Roma. But I'll give him benefit of the doubt.

yes, of course when Inter wins it is because no competition , while when Juve wins it is for record , it is not important if it was against Napoli of Mazzarri .
in 2007 Milan won Champions League  destroying the Manchester Utd with Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez for 3-0 , maybe it was not so weak  as team.
, in those 2 years Roma with prime De Rossi (wtf the best Serie A DM ) , prime Totti (wtf) , prime Pizarro (wtf all liked Fiorentina these years ) prime Vucinic ( wtf the Juventus " top player " )   prime Spalletti (wtf the sexy football) etc  maybe it was not so weak.
Juventus had the top scorer Serie A  2007 2008 ( Del Piero)  , Trezeguet and it was a legit team under Ranieri. and I won't say about that Fiorentina  4th in Serie A 2008 , it was the last Italian club close to win Uefa Cup..
yes, it was better the Fiorentina last year I suppose...

Simply Inter was the best team on paper, as Juve was best team on paper in last 2 years, but this doesn't mean to win against nothing. Otherwise it counts for all the leagues won by best team on paper. And it happens so often recenltly.

Mancini won also a Premier League with Manchester City , the best league in the world. It is nothing . I won't say what he did with Lazio 2002-2004 (great football and results with scrub players , Corradi-Lopez . He played amusing football first years) because it'd boring.

Basically if Allegri manages Juventus , Mancini can coaches Inter. He showed even more in career. The problems are others.

Last edited by Robespierre on Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 5:19; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 5:19

Robespierre wrote:

Frosties !

Spoiler:

Laughing

Seriously though, Mancini? :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 5:28

Red Alert wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

Frosties !

Spoiler:

Laughing

Seriously though, Mancini? :facepalm:

Walter Mazzarri is the Italian Roy Hodgson.

Now .... if you 'd have Roy Hodgson , you 'd be disposed to accept the return of an old coach legend even if not in his prime anymore.
The fans hate the current manager ( Hodgson / Mazzarri) , the results are bad and you care  even for relegation battle , there is depression  among fans also because the club has a difficult economic situation  ( other analogy ) ,  the clubs knows it and so it  can't permitt  even an empty stadium   ,  the old glory   would give again enthusiasm because loved, he' d come back orderliness... yes the results would be inconsistent because the team  is not great but it is a  functional route for a  reconstruction .... waiting better times

Dalglish
hmm

Mancini
hmm

I can't wait to win the League Cup too.   Mancini won it 6 times in career. Included his first  2 years to Inter.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 5:46

Robespierre wrote: you 'd be disposed to accept the return of an old coach legend even if not in his prime anymore.r.

What is his "prime" exactly?

His only relevant today because he had nobody to rival him in the league ffs. Everyone relevant was playing in the Serie B. He didn't even win his first title at Inter on the pitch...

He almost bottled his second win too, had a 10+ lead on everyone, injury to Zlatan, Roma came back into it because Mancini was so good without Ibra, that he needed to be saved by Ibra once he returned from injury at the very end of the season iirc.

He was a flop in the CL, he still is a flop in the CL.

He only won the title at City because his team cost 500m+ and United practically bottled it, and even then he needed Dzeko / Aguero to save him in the last 2 mins to win it where he vsing QPR with 10 men ffs.

His essentially the Italian David Moyes. Or well, a Suarez-less Brendan Rodgers. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 6:15

Red Alert wrote:
Robespierre wrote: you 'd be disposed to accept the return of an old coach legend even if not in his prime anymore.r.

What is his "prime" exactly?

His only relevant today because he had nobody to rival him in the league ffs. Everyone relevant was playing in the Serie B. He didn't even win his first title at Inter on the pitch...

He almost bottled his second win too, had a 10+ lead on everyone, injury to Zlatan, Roma came back into it because Mancini was so good without Ibra, that he needed to be saved by Ibra once he returned from injury at the very end of the season iirc.

He was a flop in the CL, he still is a flop in the CL.

He only won the title at City because his team cost 500m+ and United practically bottled it, and even then he needed Dzeko / Aguero to save him in the last 2 mins to win it where he vsing QPR with 10 men ffs.

His essentially the Italian David Moyes. Or well, a Suarez-less Brendan Rodgers. Laughing

prime = vertex

about " no rivals " I said all above.  I am not used to write the things twice. No rivals the Milan who destroyed United 2007 , the Roma with De Rossi , Totti , Pizarro in their prime , the Juve with top scorer,  the Fiorentina who was better than this Fiorentina , but all fell in love for this Fiorentina lol

the Italian David Moyes Laughing
Why would be he worse than Allegri?
Basically Mancini pays the anthipathy on him and I understand it because I don't love too .. but some things lol

Many don't know Mancini.

Mancini wins a Coppa Italia with Fiorentina who is going in bankrupt (and it will be so ) , he goes in SS Lazio.
Lazio is another club close to go bankrupt ( now I don't know if he jinxes considering our situation lol ) , it plays with partnership Corradi- Claudio Lopez, basically the worst Lazio partnership ever on paper  .  
Lazio plays a fantastic football  in 2002-2003   with no money for his awful economic situation ( basically Lazio won't go bankrupt as Fiorentina because it will be saved by Romanian politicians ....... Lotito will buy Lazio in following years) , scrub players, and it gets the 3rd place He will reach also the Uefa Cup semi-final in 2003 losing against Mourinho (Porto manager  at that time ) for 4-1 but anyway it will be the only  his relevant result in Europe ( totally agree about the fact he is crap in Europe).
In 2003-2004 he will play another league very good although the Lazio situation and it wiill win the Coppa Italia against Juventus.

Then he goes to Inter. He builds some bricks for that Inter of next years.
He settles Cambiasso as starter , when it was Edgar Davis at the beginning and there is not need to specify what was Cambiasso, he settled Julio Cesar as GK ( at that time unkown) , he wanted to sign Maicon from Monaco, he wanted to do same thing for Tourè ... he played beautiful football first years, then he decided for a pragmatism Capello-esque
In Inter he won , it began from first year with a Coppa Italia .
He won with Manchester City. Manchester City costed much , but it costs much also this year. They are not first in league . Also United signed players in that year, De Gea , Ashley Young  etc weren't free agents.
He won in last minute, so ? He had to walk in Premier League? Impossible to do it with Ferguson .
I think it 's difficult not recognize his merits to City.
He could make better. In football you can always make better .. But it easier to make worse. It is never easy to win a league. If you are bottler, you can't do it.

His main defects are European , although Pellegrini is getting worse results than him in UCL ffs
But infact I don't say it for City, but for his Inter experience . Wasted a potential UCL semi-final against Villareal , Inter was an excellent team in 2007 with some players in t heir prime as Crespo and he was kocked out by Valencia for a double tie but with no shots on target in return ... He was knocked also the following year in second round as you will remind... yes , he is crap in Europe.

but he is legit in leagues. Regardless of victories. But I say him because I know him from Lazio 2002. I am informed.

Anyway maybe you overrate this Inter. It is not a top team anymore tbh. We must not win the Scudetto.
It is not our target.  
We must trying to reach the UCL qualification and it is not easy.  

but RA if you say  Mancini is the Italian Moyes tbh I laugh but no problems , you give me hope , we must not win , unkown concept to Scottish ,  but we must get UCL place and Moyes is enough to arrive above Benitez (although RB " had a 10+ lead  " also him , I suppose) in league as it is happened. Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 7:01

Robespierre wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:We'll have to wait and see If I am right or not. I'll never count those scudetti as success as in that time Inter had no competition, he was even to lose hsi scudetto to twice weaker Roma. But I'll give him benefit of the doubt.

yes, of course when Inter wins it is because no competition , while when Juve wins it is for record , it is not important if it was against Napoli of Mazzarri .
in 2007 Milan won Champions League  destroying the Manchester Utd with Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez for 3-0 , maybe it was not so weak  as team.
, in those 2 years Roma with prime De Rossi (wtf the best Serie A DM ) , prime Totti (wtf) , prime Pizarro (wtf all liked Fiorentina these years ) prime Vucinic ( wtf the Juventus " top player " )   prime Spalletti (wtf the sexy football) etc  maybe it was not so weak.
Juventus had the top scorer Serie A  2007 2008 ( Del Piero)  , Trezeguet and it was a legit team under Ranieri. and I won't say about that Fiorentina  4th in Serie A 2008 , it was the last Italian club close to win Uefa Cup..
yes,  it was better the Fiorentina last year I suppose...

Simply Inter was the best team on paper, as Juve was best team on paper in last 2 years, but this doesn't mean to win against nothing. Otherwise it counts for all the leagues won by best team on paper. And it happens so often recenltly.

Mancini won also a Premier League with Manchester City , the best league in the world. It is nothing . I won't say what he did with Lazio 2002-2004 (great football and results with scrub players , Corradi-Lopez . He played amusing football first years) because it'd boring.

Basically if Allegri manages Juventus , Mancini can coaches Inter. He showed even more in career. The problems are others.

Time will tell, I stand by what I said. I never rated him as top class manager. And I don't see the need to get Juve involved but hey if that's what you wanna do do it I don't mind, I never said that Juve had competition under Conte except for the first year.

The problems are that man always loses control of the locker room and star players turn against him. But if you want that in Inter who am I to judge.

I don't care what Allegri did in the past I only care what he is doing with Juve and he is amazing so far and so far he proves he is good enough, he proved with scrub teams like Cagliari and Sassuolo, sure Mancini won in England but how much he spent?

All I want to say Mancini is a good manager nothing more. I don't like comparing managers its stupid as it depends on many many things and situations and there is luck and money involved as always. Time will tell

You'll be the first one who'll want him out Robes, I'll just watch and wait. And tbh Allegri is better than Mancini for me not because he is manager of Juve but for all other reasons.

P.S. I see that you like him but no need to get so defensive.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 7:22

@robes:

Sorry, I'll go with the Italian Redknapp then. Again, I'm not talking about his time at Fiorentina and Lazio, he did well there. He did well at Inter too, to be fair, but again, he had no competition.

AC Milan in 2007 was great, but they were an ageing squad who were focusing on Europe, Serie A was always the second priority for Carlo then. And it worked out for them to be fair, they won the CL defeating us sadly. And you won the league from a court room that year.

As for Roma, like I said, you had a 10+ lead over them. THen you guys fell apart after Ibra got an injury. That says more about Zlatan's quality than Mancini's managerial ability.

It's not at all impossible to "walk the league" with Fergie in the league with the amount he spent. Mourinho did it quite easily. Mancini flopped in every big game in the league with the best team in the country. He eventually got saved by Aguero by the end of it. The season afterwards proved his managerial quality. Flopped in the market, and well, he paid with it losing his job given he didn't buy anyone great and couldn't deal with injuries to key players. Although he got like 25m compensation out of it, so it wasn't all bad for him I guess. rofl Pellegrini is doing no better, mind. Won't be surprised if City have a new manager in next 2 years anyway.

As for you whole RB point, his last season at Liverpool was pretty much caught up fighting to keep the club alive with the whole G+H scandal. Would gladly bring him back in a heartbeat. Mancini has no chance of finishing above Benitez. If that was your point, not sure had a long day so I'm out of it.

Not overrating Inter at all by the way, just don't think Mancini is the man to take over. So yeah, backing the sacking just not the appointment of Mancini. Overrated manager.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 7:30

Red Alert wrote:@robes:

Sorry, I'll go with the Italian Redknapp then. Again, I'm not talking about his time at Fiorentina and Lazio, he did well there. He did well at Inter too, to be fair, but again, he had no competition.

AC Milan in 2007 was great, but they were an ageing squad who were focusing on Europe, Serie A was always the second priority for Carlo then. And it worked out for them to be fair, they won the CL defeating us sadly. And you won the league from a court room that year.

As for Roma, like I said, you had a 10+ lead over them. THen you guys fell apart after Ibra got an injury. That says more about Zlatan's quality than Mancini's managerial ability.

It's not at all impossible to "walk the league" with Fergie in the league with the amount he spent. Mourinho did it quite easily. Mancini flopped in every big game in the league with the best team in the country. He eventually got saved by Aguero by the end of it. The season afterwards proved his managerial quality. Flopped in the market, and well, he paid with it losing his job given he didn't buy anyone great and couldn't deal with injuries to key players. Although he got like 25m compensation out of it, so it wasn't all bad for him I guess. rofl Pellegrini is doing no better, mind. Won't be surprised if City have a new manager in next 2 years anyway.

As for you whole RB point, his last season at Liverpool was pretty much caught up fighting to keep the club alive with the whole G+H scandal. Would gladly bring him back in a heartbeat. Mancini has no chance of finishing above Benitez. If that was your point, not sure had a long day so I'm out of it.

Not overrating Inter at all by the way, just don't think Mancini is the man to take over. So yeah, backing the sacking just not the appointment of Mancini. Overrated manager.

Thank You ! cheers
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 9:00

Mancini was saved by Ibra...
Mancini was saved by Aguero...
Rodgers was saved by Suarez...
Ancelotti was saved by Ronaldo...
Guardiola was saved by Messi...
Mourinho was saved by Milito...

Basically a manager needed one of his own players to win games for him, what a shocker.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 12:44

urbaNRoots wrote:Mancini was saved by Ibra...

Basically a manager needed one of his own players to win games for him, what a shocker.

Allegri was also saved by Ibrahimovic , later by Ses... always the same , beaten-up argument , wherever you look basically. As if coaches focus their game on their best player their success counts for less , or i don't know how else to define this whole thing . What is a coach supposed to do , neglect to optimise his team to suit his best players ? For what reason ? To claim what exactly. Because that's what it is about. If their best players don't play like their best players , these coaches would simply lose their jobs , it's not so hard to figure out how naive this argument is really.

I've seen this argument all my life everywhere in football , it only shows poor judgemennt , or simply dislike for said manager. There really is no other explanation for this. We are not talking about managers who never won here. We talk about managers who won and then for some reasons they did not . "they were carried" .. nonsense. A good reason their best player at the time was their best player at the time , involves the coach himself.

As for the argument on Mancini . Yeah , i fully agree with Robespiere here. He brings solid arguments on what he says and he's not defensive really , he simply goes in depth to explain why he says what he says . There's a difference .You can disagree of course , but i don't see the same kind of arguments from the other side .

For instance , the argument about Milan in 2007 from RA . It's easy to say this in hindsight . But let me enlighten you about this , we didn't begin the season with any of that in mind . First of all i understand Ancelotti . Untill it was absolutely clear we had zero chance of winning Serie A , only then he made it a training ground for the CL . We begun that season with the intention of getting as many points as humanly possible , mostly because of the deduction of points after Calciopoli , also because one of our direct rivals were relegated to Serie B (Laughing).

An ageing Milan put aside Serie A to focus on the Champions League ? If we could never win Serie A that season like it's being said , it would never be possible to win the CL like we did . The same stands true now and will continue to be so . We were actually capable of winning Serie A and it wasn't untill we actually lost it that we focused with heavy intent on the CL . I still remember Ambrosini's banner(put the league in your a**, something like that lol) after our CL win , Inter winning Serie A that season did matter , because Milan was one of the favourites to win it. Instead we won the CL , oh well Proud

However , Inter apart from being consistent , also had better depth in the league , plus the deduction of points made things extremely hard for Milan back then. We basically focused solely on the CL when Inter got out of it and only then ; it meant they would give everything to win Serie A and this effectively made our chances , almost dead as they were , obsolete . If not for the deduction and Mancini's incompetence in Europe , you never know how things might have went. Just because they went this way , doesn't mean Mancini and Inter were alone in the league.

In fact , although we had Kaka on crazy form and the quality of the team was high , even though it was just about 13-14 players at best.. putting our last hopes of making the next CL on winning the 2007 edition , was extremely risky even for that Milan. We never really stopped caring about the league , we just made the CL our absolute priority when it became evident we would not win Serie A in any case . Meaning , just a game before CL matches , Ancelotti would rest certain players or try things that he would use in the CL. After said CL game was over , Carlo would still play almost the same set of players in the coming league match , no matter what. Most of the time between the transition things didn't go well.

And to put the icing on the cake , our coach was Ancelotti . This way or the other , intentionaly or otherwise , he has a weird relationship with the league and to an extent yes , we did focus on the CL in the 2nd half of the season. But in the beginnings of that season , we never really had an absolute goal the CL , like the previous seasons. We aimed as high as possible obviously , but it wasn't expected of Milan to reach the final. Many agreed the league mattered more that season because of the deduction , put aside how things turned out.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 13:25

@DeviAngel

he proved with scrub teams like Cagliari and Sassuolo, sure Mancini won in England but how much he spent?

As I said you , in career MAncini was not just the manager who coached top teams as Inter or City, he proved good also in a scrub Fiorentina (it will relegate in following year) and  expecially in a scrub Lazio

He got 3rd place and 5th place/Coppa Italia with the worst Lazio of 20 years and playing a great football ( the best football by his team ... he changed during years) .
After Mancini went away to Inter the Lazio got 10th and 16th place

. "I never rated him as top class manager."

And who said the contrary? hmm
I never rated Mancini as a top class manager not even his in prime.
He had to get great results in Europe for this  consideration.
It is not enough to win the leagues with a top team... but he is good , and expecially he is better than Mazzarri , this is enough

Mazzarri was so scrub that we are 9th with a calendar very very easy , we must play still with Milan,Roma,Lazio and Juve.
Also for this I can't rate well our job made by Mancini immediately, but surely it is enough to rate how much crap was Mazzarri. They are 2 different levels, although it is not difficult

@RedAlert

but for example that Roma was not inferior to this Roma so praised.
That Roma had players in his prime ( expecially De Rossi tbh . He was so GOAT in that period so as to be compared to Gerrard)  and infact it got 2 times in a row the CL quarter of finals.  Won at Bernabeu.
Then yes it lost 7-1 against United (after winning the 1st leg though ) but it doesn't delete the route.
I am curious to see if this Roma will get similar results in Europe.

It's not at all impossible to "walk the league" with Fergie in the league with the amount he spent. Mourinho did it quite easily.

Yes , in  20 years ONLY Mourinho did it.
But we are talking about Mourinho.
Do you think I  compare Mancini to Mourinho?

They are 2 different levels.
But there is not just the black and the white. I don't rate Mancini a "top class manager" too , but it doesn't mean he is not good
And expecially for our current dimension
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 13:28

urbaNRoots wrote:Mancini was saved by Ibra...

Laughing Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat 15 Nov 2014 - 14:17

Robespierre wrote:@DeviAngel

he proved with scrub teams like Cagliari and Sassuolo, sure Mancini won in England but how much he spent?

As I said you , in career MAncini was not just the manager who coached top teams as Inter or City, he proved good also in a scrub Fiorentina (it will relegate in following year) and  expecially in a scrub Lazio

He got 3rd place and 5th place/Coppa Italia with the worst Lazio of 20 years and playing a great football ( the best football by his team ... he changed during years) .
After Mancini went away to Inter the Lazio got 10th and 16th place

. "I never rated him as top class manager."

And who said the contrary? hmm
I never rated Mancini as a top class manager not even his in prime.
He had to get great results in Europe for this  consideration.
It is not enough to win the leagues with a top team... but he is good , and expecially he is better than Mazzarri , this is enough

Mazzarri was so scrub that we are 9th with a calendar very very easy , we must play still with Milan,Roma,Lazio and Juve.
Also for this I can't rate well our job made by Mancini immediately, but surely it is enough to rate how much crap was Mazzarri. They are 2 different levels, although it is not difficult

I was telling my side of the story. I don't like comparing managers as I said. And I agree that Mazzari is shit Laughing

Lol he was even favorite to takes us over instead of Conte If I remember well.

About that England part I still think he had enormous luck but ... as I said billion times Time will tell
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next