Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 14 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:44 am

The Black Sheep wrote:Maybe not to you, Art. But not everyone is a fan, so open that mind up just a little bit. Banter, trolling, whatever you want to call it - I know some people weren't big fans. Again I can't speak for the majority, but neither can you.

Trolling and banter aren't quite the same to me, I think there's very very little actual trolling on here nowadays. But banter and all sorts of tongue-in-cheek posting is encouraged by a) low activity, as serious, lengthy posts may not feel worth it, and b) the fact that pretty much everyone here "knows" each other really well by now.

Maybe also: c) club sections tend to be where people talk more seriously about their club. But we don't have enough active members to keep the club sections alive, apart from a couple.

For me, activity is the only problem here.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 14 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Agreed. I caught myself a few posts ago and realized trolling is the word I was looking for.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Funny how none of the admins/mods are joining in on this discussion.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:23 pm

El Gunner wrote:Funny how none of the admins/mods are joining in on this discussion.

In fairness only Red and RG are active posters of the admins and i know for a fact both of them are busy.

Also what is there to say? we all know the problems, it's repeated ground at this point.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:35 pm

The situation is simple. Ratio of posters leaving is much higher than new active posters joining.

Posters leave in EVERY forum. Honestly GL is a rare case where we have posters staying for five years and more. The only difference is in other forums new posters actually join and stay active.

It is clear that this forum will never ever be advertised or marketed. Maybe its because too much effort required. I have accepted this. We all have to accept that this place will soon be dead.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Yep, although i don't think it will be soon. Depends what your definition of soon is i suppose.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:10 pm

El Gunner wrote:Funny how none of the admins/mods are joining in on this discussion.
Well, what shall I say? I'm always posting stuff in outside topics to add some variety, but obviously no one is interested in such, so it is not as if I haven't noticed anything ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yep, although i don't think it will be soon. Depends what your definition of soon is i suppose.

Depends also on your definition of 'dead', some people from highly active forums would take a look at this place and define it as 'dead' already.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

In fairness only Red and RG are active posters of the admins and i know for a fact both of them are busy.

Also what is there to say? we all know the problems, it's repeated ground at this point.

El Gunner wrote:If we're serious about growing again then we definitely need new blood, and then we as a group will have to all come together in a thread and discuss this very seriously, not just leave it hanging in the air.

It starts at the top.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yep, although i don't think it will be soon. Depends what your definition of soon is i suppose.

Depends also on your definition of 'dead', some people from highly active forums would take a look at this place and define it as 'dead' already.

True.

I wouldn't define the general section and hub sections as dead personally, there is still active threads every day.

To me dead is posting on a subject and coming back the next day and seeing absolutely no replies.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:18 pm

The big question is, and one I haven't seen a definite answer to, are we going to do anything or just let it slide?

And this really isn't one for the mods & admins (or maybe RWO and Tom could show some cleavage?), it's for everyone to say their piece.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:26 pm

We are going to tune in everyday and post.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:32 pm

this is a year where all the most supported team except Barca are being bad .. Chelsea in the worst Abramovich year ( fought even for relegation some months) , Arsenal fans NEVER been so intolerant towards Wenger, United fans feel worse than under Moyes, Real aren't having a worthy year, Liverpool were bad, Milan meh (I'd say even us, if we aren't 3 on this forum . nay 2 Laughing ) . The performances of your club are a relevant factor to entice you to write the Ā posts.It's not easy to write about football or about how much your club is shite in Ā certain moments. This doesn't mean you should stop to write of course..

Anyway , for me also the only problem is the inactivity here.

Never been annoyed for " banters" , not even seemed excessive for me.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:18 pm

Mods and admins aren't stepping in much imo because it's quite right to let the posters of the forum discuss amongst themselves the issues of this forum.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Robespierre wrote:this is a year where all the most supported team except Barca are being bad .. Chelsea in the worst Abramovich year ( fought even for relegation some months) , Arsenal fans NEVER been so intolerant towards Wenger, United fans feel worse than under Moyes, Real aren't having a worthy year, Liverpool were bad, Milan meh (I'd say even us, if we aren't 3 on this forum . nay 2 Laughing ) . The performances of your club are a relevant factor to entice you to write the Ā posts.It's not easy to write about football or about how much your club is shite in Ā certain moments. This doesn't mean you should stop to write of course..

Anyway , for me also the only problem is the inactivity here.

Never been annoyed for " banters" , not even seemed excessive for me.

The trolling has been really bad in the past Razz Like I stated in a previous post, if there's anything that's gotten better on here, it's the banter/trolling. It's more light-hearted, nowadays, and I wouldn't really categorize any of the current members as trolls.. just occasional attention wh-res, something I'm also guilty of being sometimes. I don't post a lot in the general section, but I can't remember the last time someone went out of their way to hijack a thread to such an extent that a constructive discussion that was actually going somewhere, turned into complete banter.

I'm definitely a fan of banter, but there have been times in the past when there were more trolls fighting for peoples' attention, than there were people willing to discuss football. It's during those times that you just want to put all of the try-hard trolls and their fanboys in a room and have them wear each other out Razz I honestly wouldn't complain if Cyberman had still been around. That guy cracked me up on several occasions. I wouldn't want all of the trolls back, though. Might as well make this a Youtube channel, if they do.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:03 pm

CBarca wrote:Mods and admins aren't stepping in much imo because it's quite right to let the posters of the forum discuss amongst themselves the issues of this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:11 am

Plus it's not the admins' and mods' job to bring new people in, their job is to moderate the people who are in.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:38 am

Mole, there are a lot of topics in the hub I would consider dead if we are judging by your standards. I often post in there and have to wait a day (sometimes days) to get a response. You guys do a really good job of keeping certain threads consistent, but is argue a majority are not that active.

The hub used to be one of the most Poppin' places in the forum. Maybe I'll experiment musing in that bad boy and see what kind of response the thread gets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:08 pm

The banter argument again Laughing

Nobody wants to come home from a 10 hour shift and unwind by coming on to GL and having an in depth 2 hour long discussion about x managers footballing philosophy ffs if 'banter' was off the table GL would be dead in 2 Weeks tops guaranteed.

Like it's been pointed out the banter free clean debate section is deader than Chris Benoit.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:The banter argument again Laughing

Nobody wants to come home from a 10 hour shift and unwind by coming on to GL and having an in depth 2 hour long discussion about x managers footballing philosophy ffs if 'banter' was off the table GL would be dead in 2 Weeks tops guaranteed.

Like it's been pointed out the banter free clean debate section is deader than Chris Benoit.

rofl

Acting as if Ben-wah is dead Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Tom giving up on the angle already Sad

He's coming back at WM to help Shane imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Benoit's dead brahs believe it

But that doesn't mean he's not undead
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:58 pm

Can't wait for the deadman vs deadman feud tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:24 pm

guys stop the banter you're ruining GL (:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:13 pm

I have no problem with the 'banter' aspect. It worked for this forum. However as I said earlier in the thread, keeping things serious is probably a better idea in terms of longevity.

Personally, I always get bored of everything I do after a while. I'm usually really dedicated, even obsessed to a point in everything I do, which is why I was super active at one point. However after I've had my fill and the novelty wears off, I start losing interest and sometimes abandon the activity altogether. Maybe that's the case for a lot of people?

Whatever the case, proactivity is the best solution here. Sitting back and doing nothing isn't going to help. Me? I would basically give the forum a makeover and start a new era. Start promoting the heck out of the forum etc. Use the clean debate section rules for the new general section. A complete transformation of the forum would most definitely entice me.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Honestly the best idea for this forum is to remove chat so more gets discussed in threads. Plus Goal.com was way better because we didn't have chat.

TBH I'd make a La Liga section instead of a Barca + Madrid for better discussions. The Barca posters on this forum are the best posters. Madrid are the worst. They can even each other out drinking
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next