Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 21 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Onyx Sun May 28, 2017 5:48 pm

M99 wrote:
Onyx wrote:Just went through the banned thread and picked out some names. Never seen so much star power in a stable. :bow:

Wigglesworth
Giancarlo
Brigate Rossonere
I-no
xcx
ijomer
Highburied
Idrisozet
BillionMillion
cyberman
Clockwork Orange

Who the f is ijomer

Also wigglesworth and Clockwork Orange are blatantly still here lol

Was an upper midcard heel in the RM section. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 21 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Lucifer Tue May 30, 2017 4:49 pm

I was very confused and stressed last week, decided not to return for long time for personal reasons but couldn't help it. Felt like I came to home, not kidding. There's something about this place. Long live GL Molenation

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 30, 2017 5:27 pm

what's going on Lucy? Why are you very confused and stressed, and how do you connect this with visiting GL or not?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue May 30, 2017 6:06 pm

It's related to career decision, something that was supposed to be good thing is turning out to be not so good. Made up my mind now though.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:05 am

I've been finding myself posting more...could be that I'm feeling a bit isoloated while on vacation. However activity is definitely down and seems to be trending that way.

I know we discussed this maybe a year ago and perhaps life has just caught up with us as members. Long work days and just a feeling of not enough time to come around for a chat.

Do any of you foresee a future where activity starts trending up? Are our "glory days" behind us? Think I'm just having a reminiscent day. As mentioned in earlier posts, this place meant a lot to me years ago. I had so many genuine interactions which certainly allowed for growth and crossed paths with truly special people.

Some I'm still in touch with and for me, that means a lot. I'm from a big city and I'm used to people having superficial relationships or moving on when there is nothing more for them to gain from said relationship.

Guess I just wanted to thank the admins, moderators, staff and members for making this place what it was/is. Communities are special to me and we certainly cultivated something beautiful for many years. I mean our old home was taken away from us and we still managed to relocate + find refuge here Smile

I love you all ♥️

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:40 am

I completely forgotten goal.com even existed it's been so far removed from my football news outlets. I just visited the site realizing I've never gone to the site on this laptop I brought 3 years ago.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:55 pm

@Dom, like I've said before, we could always plan and execute a smart marketing scheme.

But that would take actual deliberation and dedication.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:10 pm

We can always migrate to Discord, which is what most online communities do these days, as its very mobile friendly and all your servers are centralized, this mock GL server took me 2 mins to make:

https://imgur.com/a/cPqUi
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Or we could merge with another in-decline forum, Mad Man style.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:49 pm

I welcome any proposed change/what ever we can do to increase activity. The Discord idea sounds interesting but do other people join these random Discord channels or will ir be the same only without those who can't bother to migrate there?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Imagine merging with a forum and telling the new members they have to be Team Pep (peptards) or Anti-Pep, and giving them lineups for GLrumble within the upcoming year Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:00 pm

It's no coincidence this thread is mostly bumped during NT breaks
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:22 pm

That might have been a thing of the past...however I have realized this lack of activity since I began posting here and there a few months back.

Also, my focus is more towards the hub (off topic section) and has been for a long while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Kaladin wrote:We can always migrate to Discord, which is what most online communities do these days, as its very mobile friendly and all your servers are centralized, this mock GL server took me 2 mins to make:

https://imgur.com/a/cPqUi

Yeah, the rise of things like Discord (which I use, it's great) and Reddit are the reason traditional forums are dying IMO. Only forums that had a substantial userbase prior to those are still around and even those have suffered massive drops in activity, from my experience. Sucks but GL in its current form will just suffer a slow death until it's just Unique arguing with bots that have exotic sounding usernames. I think it'll be good to have an official Discord or something for the future though, if the forums do ever disappear randomly it would suck to lose contact with a lot of people that post here.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Why would the forum disappear randomly though? Yeah, they did before but that was under goal.com so we had no real ownership. Now RG is our overlord.

A discord might not be a bad idea, but it's one that the forum as a whole should decide on...if you start a discord "just in case", people are just going to split time between here and there which suits no one.

Agreed that Reddit, discord and other similar things are definitely the reason though. I would also say that forums which have primarily older audiences (lurk a bit on a college basketball forum during college bball season here and there, people there from what I can tell are all 40+ year old white men who don't know what reddit is) are immune.

So...maybe we just all need to make it until we're 40? Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:33 pm

CBarca wrote:Why would the forum disappear randomly though? Yeah, they did before but that was under goal.com so we had no real ownership. Now RG is our overlord.

Can't be the only one concerned with RG's current trajectory with gambling. Only a matter of time until he takes out a loan from the black market and ends up as Pig feed or sold into sex slavery when he can't pay it back IMO.

CBarca wrote:

A discord might not be a bad idea, but it's one that the forum as a whole should decide on...if you start a discord "just in case", people are just going to split time between here and there which suits no one.

This is also a good point though and something I've seen happen in other online communities.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:35 pm

rofl rofl rofl

Now that you mention it...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:34 pm

CBarca wrote:Why would the forum disappear randomly though? Yeah, they did before but that was under goal.com so we had no real ownership. Now RG is our overlord.

Agreed that Reddit, discord and other similar things are definitely the reason though. I would also say that forums which have primarily older audiences (lurk a bit on a college basketball forum during college bball season here and there, people there from what I can tell are all 40+ year old white men who don't know what reddit is) are immune.

So...maybe we just all need to make it until we're 40? Laughing

Yea we've already lost RedO to that.
BC is next.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:00 am

I think by disappear he was referring to the members showy dropping off - hence this place essentially being unique arguing with bots Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:03 am

The Black Sheep wrote:I think by disappear he was referring to the members showy dropping off - hence this place essentially being unique arguing with bots Laughing
I get more sense out of the bots that I do most of you lot tbh. Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:06 am

Think that says more about you than us...

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 am

The Black Sheep wrote:Think that says more about you than us...
I know your name is black sheep but please don’t be like a lot of guys on here and follow them. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:11 am

I won’t name names but a few guys have left the forum because they were a bit of a pussy tbh. They couldn’t hack anyone disagreeing with them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:18 am

I changed my name because overtime I began to feel like a Black Sheep around these parts...

I have nothing against you personally, however you seem to change "facts" as you see fit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:40 am

The Black Sheep wrote:I changed my name because overtime I began to feel like a Black Sheep around these parts...

I have nothing against you personally, however you seem to change "facts" as you see fit.
everyone has something against me personally because I say what I think and not what I think people want to hear. People took a dislike to me when I bad mouthed religion and Islam in particular. But I think it’s always better to say what you think and deal with the consequences after. I do find it hilarious when people call me a racist bigot for criticising Islam. Do you not see the irony there Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:57 am

Stay on topic 😴
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next