Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Ozil rofl

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Roberto Firmino - Page 8 Empty Re: Roberto Firmino

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:51 pm

@Moal

Being exceptional at one aspect of the game doesn't really make you better than someone else.

Yes his vision, passing and creativity is way better than Firmino's. But Firmino is no slouch in that department.

And Firmino's all around game is better than Ozil's. He's a better finisher. Better off the ball. Better movement. Stronger physically. Better defender, tackler, presser.

So yes it comes down to preference. I said these players are on par with each other. If you prefer Ozil over Firmino good for you, you are not wrong. Just like I'm not wrong in saying I prefer Firmino to Ozil.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:01 pm

Only on GL you would read Coutinho or Firmino are better than Ozil or anywhere near him.

Can't believe what I am reading.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:05 pm

For one moment I thought I was reading one of those RAWK parody threads but no Curtinho, McAgger and Red Alert somehow managed to outjerk themselves. Unreal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Saying you prefer him is fine, i just objectively don't think they are on the same level.

But in any case it doesn't really matter tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Firmino has better movement than Ozil Laughing

Ozil's game is all about his off-the-ball movement. That's what makes him great more so than his world-class technique and passing. Firmino and Cou are good et al but out of their comfort zone while in the same sentence with a special talent such as the German playmaker.

Last edited by Valkyrja on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Ozil and Sanchez are manufactured stars because at one point they were at Madrid and Barca, their actually quality on the pitch leaves a lot to be desired. They are not head and shoulders above anybody as FIFA games would have you believe.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Firmino has better movement than Ozil Laughing

Ozil's game is all about his off-the-ball movement. That's what makes him great more so than his world-class technique and passing. Firmino and Cou are good et al but out of their comfort zone while in the same sentence with a special talent such as the German playmaker.

Aye that's true, his off the ball movement is literally world class. Very few are better from that sense. It's why he's always in acres of space.

Don't call me James wrote:Ozil and Sanchez are manufactured stars because at one point they were at Madrid and Barca, their actually quality on the pitch leaves a lot to be desired. They are not head and shoulders above anybody as FIFA games would have you believe.

You are entitled to your opinion but to say they are manufactured is absolutely nonsense.

Especially Ozil who was one of the best players in the league last season and was fantastic just last weekend lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Sanchez and Ozil have proven themselves as big players in 3 of the big leagues but they are manufactured stars Thumbs up
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Ozil and Sanchez are manufactured stars because at one point they were at Madrid and Barca, their actually quality on the pitch leaves a lot to be desired. They are not head and shoulders above anybody as FIFA games would have you believe.

You are entitled to your opinion but to say they are manufactured is absolutely nonsense.

Especially Ozil who was one of the best players in the league last season and was fantastic just last weekend lol.

Obviously they are great players. But they are definitely manufactured to be viewed as more than they are. Their output on the field has never warranted the Suarez, Muller, Nerman, Lewa, Bale etc treatment.

I don't disagree that Ozil, Coutinho, Firmino, and Sanchez are among the best players in the league. Goes to tell you about the real quality of the league and why the CL struggles continue.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Payet is better than Firmino AND Ozil lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:34 pm

We had a great example of someone on GL figuring out exactly how massively manufactured Ozil was. When Arsenal signed Ozil, ElGee's reaction was goat. He thought they were getting some superstar caliber player because that's what has been shoved down our throats by fifa, adidas, and nike before that, etc. But then, when he actually watched him on the pitch for Arsenal and realized, while Ozil is still a great player, he's been massively overrated to make us believe he's Suarez level superstar.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t34738-all-about-mesut-ozil
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:51 pm

Ozil is the greatest AM in the world and has been for a couple years rofl

Firmino became relevant last year/this year
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Did McAgs just embed a Firmino assist against some poverty 3rd division english team as proof of Firmino's creativity and passing?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Not to have a dig here but if ozil was a super star like people are saying why is a playing for 4th spot in the premier league year after year.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:13 pm

CBarca wrote:Did McAgs just embed a Firmino assist against some poverty 3rd division english team as proof of Firmino's creativity and passing?

Firmino has 40+ assists in the last 3 years. Did you expect me to post million of different links of every pass he's ever made?

I said "Ozil's vision, passing and creativity is way better than Firmino's. But Firmino is no slouch in that department."

Getting 40+ assists in that time span is definitely no slouch in the department.

This post of yours is shit. You are trying to appear as if you unearthed some great conspiracy against me, like I'm trying to make Firmino look like the goat. Just read my comment, everything was explained in it.

Last edited by Don't call me James on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Curtinho wrote:

Ozil is more creative but Firmino brings a better overall game and is a bigger goal threat.

You can say that about a lot of players compared to Ozil but it doesn't mean they are better. He just happens to be so exceptional at what he does.

Yeah but the gulf in creativity between Ozil and Firmino is not so great that it overcomes what Firmino brings to the game. Keep in mind he was doing similar things creatively to Ozil in the Bundesliga for a few years before he came to Liverpool. Watch any Liverpool game and if you focus just on Firmino it's really amazing how many dangerous passes he creates, or the movement he makes that causes havoc among the defence even if he doesn't get the ball, or make the last pass. He's often the guy that unlocks the defence and there are a lot of times where he'll make an incisive pass that others don't pick up on that they really should have.

For me he's easily the best player on the team and the most consistent, too. Even when he's not producing.

CBarca wrote:Ozil is the greatest AM in the world and has been for a couple years rofl

Firmino became relevant last year/this year

What? You mean after 2 seasons in a row where he was among probably the top 3 players in the BuLi and easily outproduced Ozil? Oki doke.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:17 pm

He's a passenger, its farcical that some people acknowledge him as a core addition to the WC14 side. He's a lazy, 60 min, diagonal pass merchant, to the point that Boateng called him out on it this Euros. Got a crap mentality to boot as well, especially with how he left Madrid, recall some Madrid fans were lamenting his departure even. In the end, he will never surmount to the peak, people will lay the blame on how he didn't get any world class players (lel as if that stopped Payet) or mishaps or whatnot, but in my book, he will always be a B+ player, a nice player to have in your side, but thats all
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Am I seriously reading that Firmino and Coutinho are better than Ozil and Sanchez rofl rofl rofl

A couple of goals from Origi and he will surpass Zlatan I'm sure.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:30 pm

Coutinho isn't, but in what way have Sanchez and Ozil separated themselves from Firmino? It's like you guys had never even heard of him before he moved to Liverpool, and played essentially half a season there last year.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:31 pm

M99 wrote:Am I seriously reading that Firmino and Coutinho are better than Ozil and Sanchez

No, because obviously you can't read.

Nobody here has said Firmino and Coutinho are BETTER than Ozil and Sanchez.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Ok please just stahp.

These guys don't even have the same roles and positions to merit these comparisons for heavens' sake

Can't believe I just read through all of this. I am really desperate to kill time till KO.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:38 pm

The 'best AM in the world for years' playing for perennial 4th placed runner ups rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
CBarca wrote:Did McAgs just embed a Firmino assist against some poverty 3rd division english team as proof of Firmino's creativity and passing?

Firmino has 40+ assists in the last 3 years. Did you expect me to post million of different links of every pass he's ever made?

I said "Ozil's vision, passing and creativity is way better than Firmino's. But Firmino is no slouch in that department."

Getting 40+ assists in that time span is definitely no slouch in the department.

This post of yours is shit. You are trying to appear as if you unearthed some great conspiracy against me, like I'm trying to make Firmino look like the goat. Just read my comment, everything was explained in it.

No, I'm just saying that if you're going to make a post about Firmino's creativity and passing, don't show an assist that Moreno could have done vs that opposition. That's like me hyping Lamela, saying he's no slouch in the passing department and then embedding his three assists vs Gillingham. Or I could have posted his game winning assist to Eriksen for the game winner at City.

Unique Laughing and Payet is a failure because West Ham finished 6th (or 5th I don't recall)? Arsenal finished second last year and Ozil was the second best in the EPL only after Mahrez (no shame in that considering what Leicester did).

Ozil has been the best AM in the EPL since he came here. Anyone who has watched him can see that. Only competition is probably David Silva.

That's all I'm going to say, I regret getting involved in such a delusional and asinine discussion
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:42 pm

ES wrote:The 'best AM in the world for years' playing for perennial 4th placed runner ups rofl

You play a midfield of Bonaventura-Montoleader-Cuckold

Roberto Firmino - Page 8 LVmT6O9
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:43 pm

Ok so Coutinho and Firmino are on par with Ozil and Sanchez.

Yeah, still ridiculous.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next