Casciavit
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
Forza
dostoevsky
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

AC Milan vs Inter: Derby della Madonnina Empty AC Milan vs Inter: Derby della Madonnina

Post by dostoevsky Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:33 am

As we head into the first Milan derby of the season, most of the talk has surrounded the dismissal of Walter Mazzari and the return of Roberto Mancini, which Inter no doubt hope will not simply help to stabilise their season but provide them with the necessary boost to take home this season's bragging rights. Mancini's arrival will see Inter abandon their four man backline, with the tactician preparing his side to deploy a 4-3-1-2. Vidic is expected to drop to the bench.

Medel and Bonera are suspended for the game, whilst Abate and De Jong are injury doubts, though Montolivo may make his first squad since fracturing his leg.

Both sides desperately need to start picking up three points on a regular basis in order to keep pace with Napoli and Lazio in the fight for the Champions League and head to heads such as these may well end up deciding the final standings come the end of the season. Form is often thrown out the door in such games, however with both sides playing such inconsistent football, neither side has much momentum coming into the fixture. We're going to need to play with far more calm on the ball if we're going to get anything other than a set piece past Inter. We've lacked any sense of fluency in the final third for the past month and despite Medel's absence, this is always a very physical game in the middle of the park. We can not afford to give the ball away cheaply under pressure as has happened far too often this season and which has cost us dear against Palermo, Sampdoria and others. As always though, it's our defending that the result will rest upon. We've continually made avoidable mistakes and invited unnecessary pressure, however such games usually inspire great concentration from our players, so a clean sheet is certainly a possibility. I personally see the game being a low scoring affair, I'd be surprised to see either side get two goals.

I'll discuss a preferred line-up once the squads are confirmed, however the key issues are likely to resolve around our fullback positions if Abate is not fit to start, our midfield composition should De Jong not be available and the never-ending story of Menez and Torres. At the very least however, we can all take comfort knowing that whoever is selected, Bonera won't be on the pitch.

Forza Milan.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

AC Milan vs Inter: Derby della Madonnina Empty Re: AC Milan vs Inter: Derby della Madonnina

Post by Forza Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:43 am

We must do everything possible to settle our line-up. We should have a preferred XI and everyone else is simply a fill-in or a sub. We're over a quarter through the season and I get a sense that the only decided position is Diego Lopez in goal. Inzaghi still doesn't know who are his best centre-backs, full-backs, midfielders, wide-forwards and striker.

IMO, our best XI is:
SES - Menez - Honda
Monty - NDJ - Poli
MDS - Rami - Alex - Abate
Lopez

However, given the injury clouds over Monty and Abate, we MUST play van Ginkel or even Muntari before Essien AND we must play Armero over Mexes in the WB role. Thankfully Bonera is suspended or we would be doomed to certain failure after Pippo inevitably slots him in at LB instead of our newly purchased natural LB who is orders of magnitude better than Bonera in that position.

If Inzaghi starts with Poli in a WB role again I would move one step closer to the anti-Pippo camp. I've said it before, but the fundamental problem with a good team on paper that is not getting results is often that players are forced to play out of position. This is inexcusable, even for a relatively new coach.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

AC Milan vs Inter: Derby della Madonnina Empty Re: AC Milan vs Inter: Derby della Madonnina

Post by dostoevsky Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:59 am

I don't quite agree with the sentiment that it's absolutely necessary to have a definite first eleven, it's merely that whilst some sides are unsure of their best side because they're struggling to include everyone worthy, we're struggling to decide which particular buffoons to exclude. Laughing

You need a strong stable core to build from, that I agree however. Certain issues have been out of Pippo's hands though. Montolivo's absence has hurt our midfield considerably and Pippo has attempted to adapt to a loss of midfield control by playing a more reactive game, however obviously more could have been down to augment our game plan. Given that we've had injuries at the back and even concerns over the fitness of Menez and Torres, whilst he's also had to learn where Bonaventura best functions, it's not particularly surprising that we've had a great deal of turmoil in the line up.

I'd argue that Inzaghi has shown a deal of consistency in his line-up when his fullbacks have been fit. Issues such as seeing Bonera at the back have only arisen due to uncertainty over who should be the immediate reserve, not starter. Poli and De Jong have regularly started when physically fit, as has Honda. There's been a degree of turmoil, but no more than other sides going through similar issues. You can see the same selection issues at work at Arsenal and United just to name two clubs who have also had to work in new signings whilst dealing with injuries in defence.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:05 am

Oh, our 1st XI could definitely be more settled than it is. I forgive Pippo for making a mistake once, but not the same mistake twice. Bonera, Mexes & Zapata shoudn't see the field. Essien and victory are incompatible. SES should be a locked-in starter and  Menez has no business out on the wing.

If we're taking any lessons from clubs on playing people out of position, I want Pep's book on Lahm, not Wenger and Van Gaal's anthology of front third failure.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:43 am

Alex is out, which means we'll probably see Mexes or Zapata partnering up with Rami
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:50 pm

If we play Zapata we will lose, there's no doubt about it

However, if they play Zapata we will win.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Forza Milanese club.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:52 pm

Tom rofl

Proud

Also I'd rather see Mexes than Zapata next to Rami. They'll both pick up yellow cards, but Mexes' foul is more likely to do permanent damage to the recipient. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:52 pm

@Milanello 7m7 minutes ago
Inzaghi: "The replacement for Alex? I have many alternatives: Zaccardo, Albertazzi, Armero and Zapata."

AC Milan vs Inter: Derby della Madonnina 1050
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Did he just say Armero?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:58 am

Armero rofl He might originally have been thinking of playing Rami at fullback, so he would come in to shift Adil back into the centre possibly, it's the only way that would make sense to my mind.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:09 am

Mexes was conspicuous by his absence in that list.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:26 am

Likely because he was already in Inzaghi's expected line-up.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:42 am

I'm fairly sure we're going to lose today. Most teams with a new coach almost always win there first game. Players are usually more excited and show more intensity to impress the new coach.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:55 am

The stadium is sold out for the derby, let's hope we see a game worthy of the atmosphere. Whilst Cas has a good point about the motivation provided by the arrival of a new coach, there can be no excuses in a derby for failing to match the intensity of the opposition. What Inzaghi stated when he first arrived should be the basis of each and every match. We can be outplayed but we should never lose because of a lack of effort.

AC Milan Squad: Abbiati, Agazzi, Diego Lopez, Albertazzi, Armero, De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Zaccardo, Zapata, Essien, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Saponara, Van Ginkel, Bonaventura, El Shaarawy, Honda, Menez, Niang, Pazzini, Torres

Abate and De Jong have failed to recover in time however Montolivo is included for the first time in six months. On the basis of the above squad, I'd like to see us employ the following line-up.

Lopez
De Sciglio---Mexes---Rami---Armero
Poli---Van Ginkel---Bonaventura
Honda---Dontevencare---El Shaarawy

What we'll probably end up seeing:

Agazzi
Rami---Mexes---Zapata---Zaccardo
Poli---Essien---Muntari
Honda---Torres---Menez

Inter Squad: Handanovic, Carrizo, Berni; Juan Jesus, Andreolli, Campagnaro, Vidic, Dodò, Ranocchia, D'Ambrosio, Donkor, Nagatomo; Kovacic, Guarin, Kuzmanovic, Obi, Krhin, Hernanes, M'Vila; Osvaldo, Palacio, Icardi, Bonazzoli

Jonathon is injured however Inter have regained D'Ambrosio, Campagnaro, Nagatomo and M'Vila.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:35 pm

Reading reports Inzaghi will be fielding a double pivot consisting of Essien and Muntari in midfield while the attack will be composed of SES, Bonaventura, Menez and Torres with Honda taking a place on the bench

I don't even know what to feel anymore.. That midfield is suicidal.. I just pray I don't kill someone watching that crappy midfield
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:43 pm

uzonero wrote:Reading reports Inzaghi will be fielding a double pivot consisting of Essien and Muntari in midfield while the attack will be composed of SES, Bonaventura, Menez and Torres with Honda taking a place on the bench

I don't even know what to feel anymore.. That midfield is suicidal.. I just pray I don't kill someone watching that crappy midfield

Please tell me these are satirical reports...

This is almost as bad as Dosto's gag lineup pale
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Milan: Diego Lopez; Rami, Zapata, Mexes, De Sciglio; Essien, Muntari; Bonaventura, Menez, El Shaarawy; Torres

Milan bench: Agazzi, Abbiati, Saponara, Honda, Pazzini, Albertazzi, Poli, Montolivo, Niang, Van Ginkel, Armero, Zaccardo

Inter: Handanovic; Nagatomo, Ranocchia, Juan Jesus, Dodò; Guarin, Kuzmanovic, Obi; Kovacic; Icardi, Palacio

Inter bench: Carrizo, Berni, Andreolli, Osvaldo, Campagnaro, Vidic, D'Ambrosio, Krhin, Donkor, Hernanes, M'Vila, Bonazzoli
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Why the bleep is Honda on the bench? and Van Ginkel? Sorry but I refuse to watch this game now and hope you lose Smile.

A midfield of Muntari and Essien lmfao you deserve it.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Inzaghi's clueless.

Rami RB? Mexes captain? Essien Muntari pivot? No Honda? Torres starting?

What the bloody *bleep*

We're going to get raped. The only way I see us getting a tie is if Obi or Kuzmanovic (Laughing) screw Inter up.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:11 pm

Abramovich wrote:Why the bleep is Honda on the bench? and Van Ginkel? Sorry but I refuse to watch this game now and hope you lose Smile.

A midfield of Muntari and Essien lmfao you deserve it.

Agreed. What a disgrace :facepalm:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:30 pm

This is embarrassing...wouldn't blame fans for walking out when the lineups are announced.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:40 pm

I know the midfield is disgusting but let's not ignore the worst part

Rami as a *bleep* full back rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Casciavit wrote:Milan: Diego Lopez; Rami, Zapata, Mexes, De Sciglio; Essien, Muntari; Bonaventura, Menez, El Shaarawy; Torres

Milan bench: Agazzi, Abbiati, Saponara, Honda, Pazzini, Albertazzi, Poli, Montolivo, Niang, Van Ginkel, Armero, Zaccardo

Inter: Handanovic; Nagatomo, Ranocchia, Juan Jesus, Dodò; Guarin, Kuzmanovic, Obi; Kovacic; Icardi, Palacio

Inter bench: Carrizo, Berni, Andreolli, Osvaldo, Campagnaro, Vidic, D'Ambrosio, Krhin, Donkor, Hernanes, M'Vila, Bonazzoli

My excitement for the match just went down the drain.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't even
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next