izzy
Jay29
RealGunner
silver
VendettaRed07
22 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Official WOB thread.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official WOB thread.

Post by Sri Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:48 pm

It's awesome how this guys comes out from under his rock when ever things are not going well. And people actually feed off his hands like pigeons. I can't even bring myself to laugh at this any more.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 pm

I'd be a lot more willing to agree with Usmanov if he, like Sri said, didn't come out of hiding whenever we're going through bad times.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Are things EVER going well?

The expectations this club (including the fans) have allowed this club to fall to is laughable.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:08 pm

izzy wrote:Are things EVER going well?

The expectations this club (including the fans) have allowed this club to fall to is laughable.

Erm, well he'd look a lot less sneaky if he didn't come out with some grand statement about the desperate affairs of the club everytime we suffered a big loss.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:09 pm

izzy wrote:Are things EVER going well?

Well, first things must go bad and then somehow Wenger turns things around, then finally things go decent for a while Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:12 pm

MJ wrote:Erm, well he'd look a lot less sneaky if he didn't come out with some grand statement about the desperate affairs of the club everytime we suffered a big loss.

It's a power play. Laughing

El Gunner wrote:
Well, first things must go bad and then somehow Wenger turns things around, then finally things go decent for a while Laughing

Decent?
Who are you guys? Arsenal or Spurs?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:16 pm

izzy wrote:
MJ wrote:Erm, well he'd look a lot less sneaky if he didn't come out with some grand statement about the desperate affairs of the club everytime we suffered a big loss.

El Gunner wrote:

Decent?
Who are you guys? Arsenal or Spurs?

Unfortunately, that's just how far we've fallen these last 6-8 years.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 pm

El Gunner wrote:Unfortunately, that's just how far we've fallen these last 6-8 years.

That's unacceptable.

I'm gonna dig through some of the pre-season posts here and see how many of you actually believed you would compete this year.
You were right to have those expectations and now you guys are settling for 4th.... AGAIN.

It's ridiculous what has happened to this club.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Why is Satan Kroenke so silent?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:29 pm

izzy wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Unfortunately, that's just how far we've fallen these last 6-8 years.

That's unacceptable.

I'm gonna dig through some of the pre-season posts here and see how many of you actually believed you would compete this year.
You were right to have those expectations and now you guys are settling for 4th.... AGAIN.

It's ridiculous what has happened to this club.

You wont find anyone here who thought we would compete. We all knew this would happen after the window closed and no CB and DM.

Only Wenger didnot see this coming.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Silence is golden where ignorance is bliss.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:You wont find anyone here who thought we would compete. We all knew this would happen after the window closed and no CB and DM.

You guys beg to differ...... :coffee:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36268-the-season-ahead

Most of you guys say struggling for 4th would be a huge disappointment, now some of you are settling for it.

I hate seeing what Arsenal have become.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:41 pm

izzy wrote:

Would help if people understood that it was powerplay.

Instead, many Arsenal fans are like pigeons. It's rather easy to feed them any kind of shit off your hands, more so when they are starved.

To clarify: I am not defending Wenger or any one else in any of my posts here so far in this thread. I am as pissed as the next gooner. But I pride myself if having some rationality and self-esteem and not eating the load of shit shovelled by sleazeballs like Usmanov every time there is an opportunity to create divisions among the fans.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:48 pm

izzy wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:You wont find anyone here who thought we would compete. We all knew this would happen after the window closed and no CB and DM.

You guys beg to differ...... :coffee:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36268-the-season-ahead

Most of you guys say struggling for 4th would be a huge disappointment, now some of you are settling for it.

People are pissed BECAUSE they are disappointed to be in a race for fourth AGAIN. Rightly so. It was palatable when we were in financial hot waters. After having money, and spending it on some positions, the way the season has kicked off and the lack of desire to go the extra mile to fix glaring issues in the squad - that's whats a *bleep* mess.

When Alexis signed, there was a general positive sentiment. WOB went into hiding. Usmanov didn't have shit to say. Then AW and the board went and *bleep* shit up by sitting on their frikking tight asses and letting Sagna, Vermalen and Jenkinson leave and signing only Debuchy and Chambers. Add to that, there was no defensive midfielder signed. I don't think anyone buys the BS that there was nobody available. There are atleast 10 players who will be an upgrade on Arteta/Flamini.

And if that was insufficient, AW went and changed the system. Why try to fix something that isn't broken? In the search for something better, he messed up the entire chemistry and balance that was built last year. From being among the better defences in the league to THIS.

What else? Injuries. Post WC injuries. I wonder why nobody saw that coming. I wonder why all that money spent on satellite tracking of player fatigues did SHIT to forecast the injuries. It screams of poor squad management. And THAT is why people have to now settle for fourth place race - AGAIN.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:53 pm

What I don't get about sri and Jay saying we're feeding off Usmanov's hand is that when things are going well, as you are saying, he doesn't have something to say...well how can a person say something bad about the manager or the club when things are going well? If he was to come out and say something negative in times when things are going well then he would look absurd.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:21 pm

El Gunner wrote:What I don't get about sri and Jay saying we're feeding off Usmanov's hand is that when things are going well, as you are saying, he doesn't have something to say...well how can a person say something bad about the manager or the club when things are going well? If he was to come out and say something negative in times when things are going well then he would look absurd.

Exectly, plus he didn't really say anything bad.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:40 pm

His statements are released within 24 hours of disaster. Don't know how in-your-face his agenda has to be but I'd like to see him not prey on emotions when the wound is that fresh. It's so obvious that he's trying to curry fans' favor, power play or not. It's not classy.

And what's wrong with speaking when things are going well? As a majority shareholder, he does have the right to talk about the club whenever he wants and not just 43 minutes after demoralizing losses.

izzy wrote:

m8 pls.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:48 pm

We have been shit for a year and Wenger has lost it, how long do you want to wait before someone with some power comes out and put Wenger in his place? Its good that we are hearing something from someone in the inside the club.

Maybe if the board had allowed him to have say in the club maybe things would have been different.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Yes. The club would be run different. And there would be a whole bunch of people who call us an oil club. Not to mention the questions over where and how he made his wealth. And many a fan, including myself, would have stopped supporting the club for selling its soul.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:56 pm

Really appreciating Izzy's perspective here, looking back at our posts back then, you can see how much our ambitions change from pre-season to end of season. Was fun to read Jay's last update in the opening post rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Tell that to the fans in London who pay the highest ticket prices so the Angel owner Stan gets richer, and takes more money out of the club.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Both Kroenke and Usmanov are crap owners - both have their faults and Usmanov becoming owner will not change anything really. You're delusional if you believe Usmanov will decrease ticket prices, invest his own money on transfers, not take money out of the club, that he will sack Wenger when it is needed etc...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:17 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Both Kroenke and Usmanov are crap owners - both have their faults and Usmanov becoming owner will not change anything really. You're delusional if you believe Usmanov will decrease ticket prices, invest his own money on transfers, not take money out of the club, that he will sack Wenger when it is needed etc...

I agree,Arsenal needs better owner and we can see how ruthless Stan is. I am just happy Usmanov is calling them out and maybe putting some pressure on Wenger to change. Getting rid of Wenger wont solve much as long as Satan and Donkey running Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:01 pm

srigooner wrote:It's awesome how this guys comes out from under his rock when ever things are not going well. And people actually feed off his hands like pigeons. I can't even bring myself to laugh at this any more.

Actually it is rather easy to understand why it is that we only hear from him when things are going poor.
It is when the press want to hear from him. So they search him out to get his point of view. Since he is a partial owner of the team he is allowed an opinion.

The more nefarious portion of the season to me is how is is that Stan can continue to sit back not having anything to say? Where is is that our buddy Gazidis disappeared to? How come the entire Arsenal board go into hiding when things start to go bad. They going to sit back and wait for some miraculous 4th place trophy or possibly some little cup to come out of hiding again?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:06 pm

srigooner wrote:Silence is golden where ignorance is bliss.

Or,
Stan is ok with mediocrity look at the rest of his professional franchises. As long as there is no depreciation in his asset he is fine. As long as he knows that he will be able to sell at a profit he will not do anything.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:57 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Both Kroenke and Usmanov are crap owners - both have their faults and Usmanov becoming owner will not change anything really. You're delusional if you believe Usmanov will decrease ticket prices, invest his own money on transfers, not take money out of the club, that he will sack Wenger when it is needed etc...

Word. Exactly my point.

6unner wrote:
srigooner wrote:Silence is golden where ignorance is bliss.

Or,
Stan is ok with mediocrity look at the rest of his professional franchises. As long as there is no depreciation in his asset he is fine. As long as he knows that he will be able to sell at a profit he will not do anything.

I talk of the ignorance of fans who think Usmanov is a knight in a shining armour. Where have I defended Kroenke? I hate him as an owner. But he is still a lesser evil.

And everything depreciates. An asset won't depreciate if you keep adding value to it. Which means there has to be success - for a football club, that is trophies.

Also, as a business researcher, I find it amusing how people assume that the institutional and business environment of one franchise in one sport in one country are equally applicable for any other franchise in another sport in another country, just because they share ownership and possibly management styles. I could write a journal article on this, but where ignorance is bliss................. you know.

To reiterate - I find both owners disgusting. I find the way Wenger runs this club to be unappealing. I already wrote down my woes earlier in the thread. Without making a lengthy discourse, I just see an appalling lack of rationality and esteem when we have this now-annual Usmanov-inspired load of bollocks.

The press don't have to seek him out. He has enough money to make an article appear on the first page of every English daily in circulation. Oh and that is how journalism works today, by the way. Papers need to sell. News channels need their TRPs. Websites need their clicks. And what better way than to ignite well oiled fuses. The fact that Goal.com is still a widely visited website should tell you that story all too well.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next