In Hindsight, how would you spend your teams summer budget?

+6
urbaNRoots
Great Leader Sprucenuce
MaraVilla
dostoevsky
Art Morte
Kick
10 posters

Go down

In Hindsight, how would you spend your teams summer budget? Empty In Hindsight, how would you spend your teams summer budget?

Post by Kick Sat 22 Nov - 23:54

The rules:
Keep the transfers realistic and for realistic prices. If a player transferred to a club and you feel that player would have preferred your club, please have at least the same price as they transferred for.
Do not exceed the money your club actually spent, even if they have more funds available.
budget can be added to by selling players, so keep that realistic too.

I wouldn't do much different for Chelsea, Although, I would have inquired about a Khedira/ Ramires swap.

Lets hear it for your clubs.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

In Hindsight, how would you spend your teams summer budget? Empty Re: In Hindsight, how would you spend your teams summer budget?

Post by Art Morte Sun 23 Nov - 1:01

Art Morte wrote:My list:

Can. Easy to say now, I wouldn't have been aware of how good he is, but hindsight helping was the point here. So, yeah, I would have signed Emre.

According to rumours, Shaqiri seemed possible, so I would have tried to get him rather than spend £20m on Markovic.

Might have tried to get Song as competition / rotation for Gerrard. Should have been easy to get as West Ham got him on loan. West Ham's Enner Valencia also impressed me at the World Cup and I think a pacey forward like him, with a nose for goal, would have suited our style better than Balotelli or Lambert. Either him or Remy, but if our medical department thought Remy was a risk, I'm happy to listen to their professional opinion and leave Remy out.

Given how bad Lovren has been, in hindsight I would have rather kept - and played - Agger. I also kinda like Caulker, so would not have minded him, either.

Moreno has done OK, so I'd take him and Balotelli for £16m is still a good attacking option to have as long as you don't play him as a lone striker, Brendan, so I would take him, too.

Can £10m
Moreno £12m
Balotelli £16m
Shaqiri £25-30m
Song (loan)
Enner Valencia £12m
Agger / Caulker (free) / £10m

~ £90m

I hindsight, I think that would have been better - and still realistic - than

Can 10m
Moreno 12m
Balotelli 16m
Markovic 20m
Lallana 25m
Lovren 20m :facepalm:
Lambert 4m

~ £105m

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

In Hindsight, how would you spend your teams summer budget? Empty Re: In Hindsight, how would you spend your teams summer budget?

Post by dostoevsky Sun 23 Nov - 1:10

This will be difficult given that I'm pretty sure we recorded a profit. rofl
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun 23 Nov - 1:27

not buying an injured verm...........................................................................................
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 23 Nov - 2:07

What we bought was fine it was who we didn't buy which was the issue Laughing

Well that and we sold two of our better players because Pardew is a major klutz.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 23 Nov - 2:49

I'd sign Alexis, Chambers, Ospina and Welbeck too like Wenger did, but I'd try to get someone better than Debuchy for RB, Juanfran if possible or Lichtsteiner who are not only better but would cost less too which would be used for a DM.

And I'd keep Vermaelen if I knew I wasn't getting another CB, sell Podolski, Flamini and Campbell if need be to sign Morgan Schneiderlin.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 23 Nov - 4:56

Art, you bid for Shaqiri but we refused to sell. That's official. So there was nothing to be done about that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun 23 Nov - 5:20

Where do I begin? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 23 Nov - 5:25

Hapless_Hans wrote:Art, you bid for Shaqiri but we refused to sell. That's official. So there was nothing to be done about that.

Well, in that case I would have liked us battle harder for Sanchez with Arsenal or Griezmann with Atletico. Or go for someone like Draxler or Son Heung-min or even Isco (perhaps unrealistic). In hindsight, I would have taken even Ben Arfa or Valbuena before Markovic, because we needed our summer signings to hit the ground running. They haven't and we're paying the price.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun 23 Nov - 6:40

Fußball wrote:Where do I begin? Laughing

desense.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 23 Nov - 6:49

Art Morte wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Art, you bid for Shaqiri but we refused to sell. That's official. So there was nothing to be done about that.

Well, in that case I would have liked us battle harder for Sanchez with Arsenal or Griezmann with Atletico. Or go for someone like Draxler or Son Heung-min or even Isco (perhaps unrealistic). In hindsight, I would have taken even Ben Arfa or Valbuena before Markovic, because we needed our summer signings to hit the ground running. They haven't and we're paying the price.

well, but it's hard to judge how hard you did battle and what power you had to do better.
I agree though, the fact you let Suarez leave to Barca yet Arsenal get Alexis for half the price you got for Suarez is very frustrating.
Afaik though you had no power to keep Suarez (?) and Alexis insisted on going to Arsenal although you wanted him.. that's a bitch. It all went against you.

Draxler would've cost 30m pounds and it's likely right now everyone would be up in arms about how he's failed to make an impact and how you spent most of your transfer money for an unfinished player etc pp lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun 23 Nov - 6:55

urbaNRoots wrote:I'd sign Alexis, Chambers, Ospina and Welbeck too like Wenger did, but I'd try to get someone better than Debuchy for RB, Juanfran if possible or Lichtsteiner who are not only better but would cost less too which would be used for a DM.

And I'd keep Vermaelen if I knew I wasn't getting another CB, sell Podolski, Flamini and Campbell if need be to sign Morgan Schneiderlin.

More or less co-sign (though I am satisfied with Debuchy).

Letting permacrocked Vermaelen go for a good young CB might be even better (in addition to Chambers), though.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 23 Nov - 15:13

dostoevsky wrote:This will be difficult given that I'm pretty sure we recorded a profit. rofl

You're a super moderator, I am sure you can manage Wink
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum