The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by RealGunner on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:37 am

http://i.imgur.com/dJDxbvh.jpg


Thread to discuss everything related to comic book films in here. Please avoid posting in the other Movie thread


Last edited by RealGunner on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:48 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 72858
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Freeza on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:44 am

Suicide Squad is probably my most anticipated movie of all these films except BvS.
One major character left to be cast is Amanda Waller, fat bossy black brick house of a scary woman.
There is three women in the running for the role: Oprah, Viola Davis and Victoria Spencer.
Who'd you guys want for the Amanda Waller role?

I would really want Viola Davis, since I feel she's a better actress than Oprah, even though both great. But she can also pull off the role without drawing to much attention away from the suicide squad. Oprah of course can reach out to a wider audience.. well because she's freaking Oprah, the most famous powerful and famous woman in the world.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 14013
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by RealGunner on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:46 am

Thanks for that M99. Gonna update the OP with that pic and delete your post. Leaving this as a reference.


Last edited by RealGunner on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 72858
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Dante on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:49 am

I am so excited to read Sony is considering giving Spiderman back to Marvel . Nothing set in stone as i read .. but since they just can't seem to make it right and everybody wants Spiderman back to Marvel . I think they will finally give in.

If it happens , it's unfortunate Marvel would be forced to look elsewhere for a Spiderman rather keep Garfield , because he really was good and would at least have been considered as Spiderman otherwise. Like others elsewhere say , it didn't have to be the 60s geek , the modern geek worked just fine for a lot of people.

I want this to happen badly , lots of people myself included have been waiting for this shift since Spiderman 3 . Let it be , plisez Proud

Who would you like to play Spiderman , if Marvel gets him ?


Last edited by Dante on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5447
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:52 am

@RealGunner wrote:Thanks for that M99. Gonna update the OP with that pic and delete your post



_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 56389
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by RealGunner on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:53 am

Leaving that post so people do know it was him hmm

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 72858
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:55 am


_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 56389
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Freeza on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:58 am

@Dante wrote:I am so excited to read Sony is considering giving Spiderman back to Marvel . Nothing set in stone as i read .. but since they just can't seem to make it right and everybody wants Spiderman back to Marvel . I think they will finally give in.

If it happens , it's unfortunate Marvel would be forced to look elsewhere for a Spiderman rather keep Garfield , because he really was good and would at least have been considered as Spiderman otherwise. Like others elsewhere say , it didn't have to be the 60s geek , the modern geek worked just fine for a lot of people.

I want this to happen badly , lots of people myself included have been waiting for this shift since Spiderman 3 . Let it be , plisez Proud

Who would you like to play Spiderman , if Marvel gets him ?


I would love a new Spider-man tbh. But this time I would actually like something which both versions lacked earlier. Which was a truly believable teenager, age wise and mentality wise. As much as I love Andrew Garfield, I didn't really bye the whole teenage story because he was like 30.

I would like someone in the 17-21 range, which could be a success. Just look at how Kickass handled it, where Aaron Johnson was 19 when filming. This is still to this day the most believable teenage superhero story.

My frontrunner would be Tye Sheridan from Mud and Joe, he's 18 at the moment, but looks really young, so it could work in the near future. His acting talent at that age is off the charts and a matter of time before he gets huge roles.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 14013
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Dante on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:04 am

well i won't disagree that Sheridan isn't a good actor for his age , though i haven't really seen him anywhere other than Mud , but he doesn't even remotely feel like Spiderman , seems too young? Defo agreed on Kickass , i enjoyed these movies a lot .

I quite like how you put it and i would like to see a Spidy movie with someone young enough , like somewhere 19 , early 20s at most.

It's obvious they will have to recast the character obviously. They want to keep their distance regardless of Garfield and any other actor's value , keeping anything from the previous verse won't allow for that.

Still not sure who i would preffer for Marvel's Spiderman. FFS just saying it gets me excited , what news Proud

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5447
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by M99 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:05 am

Meh I'm not too excited on Spiderman coming to the MCU now. Apparently the Civil War script is locked and if MCU do get Spiderman he will have a cameo/minor role as Chadwick Boseman has already signed as Black Panther who will play the role MCU wanted for Spiderman.

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 25067
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 94

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by M99 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:09 am

The could do what DC is doing with Batman on BVS and cast an actor on his 20s. Establish that Spiderman was operating on New York for a few years but retired around the time of The Avengers (to explain why New York's hero was nowhere near alien invasion of New York) and is currently a 20something old married to Mary Jane, possibly has a daughter which is why he retired or he retired due to something traumatic happening (Gwen Stacy's death/Harry's death/whatever).

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 25067
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 94

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Freeza on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:16 am

@Dante wrote:well i won't disagree that Sheridan isn't a good actor for his age , though i haven't really seen him anywhere other than Mud , but he doesn't even remotely feel like Spiderman , seems too young? Defo agreed on Kickass , i enjoyed these movies a lot .

I quite like how you put it and i would like to see a Spidy movie with someone young enough , like somewhere 19 , early 20s at most.

It's obvious they will have to recast the character obviously. They want to keep their distance regardless of Garfield and any other actor's value , keeping anything from the previous verse won't allow for that.

Still not sure who i would preffer for Marvel's Spiderman. FFS just saying it gets me excited , what news Proud


Well he's been in three movie so far

The Tree of Life
Mud
Joe

Someone must think he's special hmm

PP:

TS:

The look is good enough imo.

@M69
I don't know if you could entirely skip the teenage part of Peter Parker, would skip a very integral part of his character. The whole point of him was to make a superhero for tweens to look up to.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 14013
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Dante on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:18 am

Is Ben Affleck in BvS supposed to be in his 20s Laughing

i thought he was supposed to be in his 40s Laughing

I also like your opinion M99 , would certainly spice things up . But Marvel seemed to want to go the teenager road , according to reports at least.

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5447
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Freeza on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:20 am

@Dante wrote:Is Ben Affleck in BvS supposed to be in his 20s Laughing

i thought he was supposed to be in his 40s Laughing

I also like your opinion M99 , would certainly spice things up . But Marvel seemed to want to go the teenager road , according to reports at least.


Pretty sure he meant do what like they did by casting an established hero like Ben Affleck is going to be. And make Spiderman established. Not in 20s Laughing

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 14013
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by M99 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:24 am

@Dante wrote:Is Ben Affleck in BvS supposed to be in his 20s Laughing

i thought he was supposed to be in his 40s Laughing

I also like your opinion M99 , would certainly spice things up . But Marvel seemed to want to go the teenager road , according to reports at least.


He is in his 40s, Batman has been operating in Gotham for 17 years in DC's new cinematic universe. That's what I meant, establish that Peter was operating as Spiderman for 5 to 7 years before he retired and is now in his mid 20s.

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 25067
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 94

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Dante on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:25 am

@Freeza wrote:
@Dante wrote:well i won't disagree that Sheridan isn't a good actor for his age , though i haven't really seen him anywhere other than Mud , but he doesn't even remotely feel like Spiderman , seems too young? Defo agreed on Kickass , i enjoyed these movies a lot .

I quite like how you put it and i would like to see a Spidy movie with someone young enough , like somewhere 19 , early 20s at most.

It's obvious they will have to recast the character obviously. They want to keep their distance regardless of Garfield and any other actor's value , keeping anything from the previous verse won't allow for that.

Still not sure who i would preffer for Marvel's Spiderman. FFS just saying it gets me excited , what news Proud


Well he's been in three movie so far

The Tree of Life
Mud
Joe

Someone must think he's special hmm

PP:

TS:

The look is good enough imo.

@M69
I don't know if you could entirely skip the teenage part of Peter Parker, would skip a very integral part of his character. The whole point of him was to make a superhero for tweens to look up to.


well , the looks ain't what will mainly define the role anyway . And in theory , if Marvel gets to make the character , by then Sheridan won't pass for so totes young either , he'll be like 20-21 hmm

I'd like someone to really nail the humour though. Do you think he can pull this through? Playing in good movies is one thing , from there getting to be Spiderman is a crazy step for such a young actor , admitedly quality for his age and career so far.

Maybe someone with a tad of ridiculous in him like Alfie Allen , though he doesn't even pass for a teenager , so no obviously Laughing

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5447
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Dante on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:29 am

@M99 wrote:
@Dante wrote:Is Ben Affleck in BvS supposed to be in his 20s Laughing

i thought he was supposed to be in his 40s Laughing

I also like your opinion M99 , would certainly spice things up . But Marvel seemed to want to go the teenager road , according to reports at least.


He is in his 40s, Batman has been operating in Gotham for 17 years in DC's new cinematic universe. That's what I meant, establish that Peter was operating as Spiderman for 5 to 7 years before he retired and is now in his mid 20s.


oh my bad , ok . Yeah i knew i had read he's in his 40s , just mixed things up. btw. Still hate that costume , don't care what nerds say , it's shite .

CANT THEY JUST COPY BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT COSTUME , FFS Evil or Very Mad

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5447
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Freeza on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:29 am

I can't see anyone else pulling it off imho. But it's so hard because they have to be so young. Much like that Ray Fisher dude they got for Cyborg, the new Spider-Man either has to be a baby face or an unknown risk. Tye Sheridan is the only one out there that is both young and established quality. I think he has shown he can pull off some humour but Spider-Man is a hard task for anyone.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 14013
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Dante on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:36 am

I see. Well you certainly made me slightly change my mind . It's not that there are too many alternatives either , if Marvel wants it to comes to that , young and quality .

As for Cyborg .. well that character isn't particularly known , they can take such a risk. But as you say , Spiderman will be a hard task for everyone , Spiderman is recognised universaly in the top 3 with Batman and Superman as the most famous comics super heroes .

Spiderman deserves some good movies ffs . I am pretty sure if they give it to Marvel , they will give the character justice . Look at what they did with Ironman and the Guardians. Spiderman? It will be so awesome .

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5447
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by M99 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:49 am

@Dante wrote:
@M99 wrote:
@Dante wrote:Is Ben Affleck in BvS supposed to be in his 20s Laughing

i thought he was supposed to be in his 40s Laughing

I also like your opinion M99 , would certainly spice things up . But Marvel seemed to want to go the teenager road , according to reports at least.


He is in his 40s, Batman has been operating in Gotham for 17 years in DC's new cinematic universe. That's what I meant, establish that Peter was operating as Spiderman for 5 to 7 years before he retired and is now in his mid 20s.


oh my bad , ok . Yeah i knew i had read he's in his 40s , just mixed things up. btw. Still hate that costume , don't care what nerds say , it's shite .

CANT THEY JUST COPY BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT COSTUME , FFS Evil or Very Mad


Batman will have two costumes. The traditional batsuit and a special anti-Superman suit loaded with kryptonite and missiles. I think the one showed in the pics and comic con teaser is the latter.

On BVS, rumors say that Jim Gordon is dead and Jena Malone is actually Barbara Gordon (Oracle/Batgirl), not Carrie Kelly (Robin) hmm

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 25067
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 94

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Dante on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:59 am

so the Batman Dark Knight Returns costume is the one fully loaded with kryptonite and all?

That's just more good news. At least i have new found hype for the other costume. Jim Gordon , though an iconic character , could still be 'kept out' i guess , been so well casted in Nolan's verse by Gary Oldman i don't even want to see another one as of now . I do hope it's Barbara.

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5447
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Don't call me James on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:02 am

Yo Freeza calm down with the Sheridan hype.

Logan Lerman is the obvious choice for the casting. Amazing actor, perfect age wise.

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 28121
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by El Gunner on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:13 am

Nobody will match Toby Maguire imo.
Spider-Man 1 is one of my all-time classics. :coffee:

_________________
avatar
El Gunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 10884
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Valkyrja on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:59 pm

@Don't call me James wrote:Yo Freeza calm down with the Sheridan hype.

Logan Lerman is the obvious choice for the casting. Amazing actor, perfect age wise.


I like him, but I don't know if he can top Andrew. The guy was born to play Spidey imo.

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9813
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Don't call me James on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:46 pm

Am I the only who didn't buy the garbage hype with Garfield?

Didn't even like his Spider Man films. Thought he was a shit actor. As far as I'm concerned Maguire is the one to top.

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 28121
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum