Hapless_Hans
McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
MaraVilla
62 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

CL R16: Barcelona FC vs Manchester City - Page 3 Empty Re: CL R16: Barcelona FC vs Manchester City

Post by B-Mac Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:41 pm

1 PL supporter (Gil)
1 Bundesliga supporter (Hans)
1 Lique 1 Supporter (farfan)

are the ones giving city the edge but apparently it's all PREM FACES and mule league supporters rofl Laughing Proud

why bother reading let's just make assumptions rofl

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

CL R16: Barcelona FC vs Manchester City - Page 3 Empty Re: CL R16: Barcelona FC vs Manchester City

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:54 pm

I am a PREM FACE and Mule League supporter though hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:01 pm

i read the post brah, anyway i know how this usually ends, just putting it out there early no worries... next season the prem is stronger and will dominate all across europe Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:05 pm

well we should be back in Europe so you are probably right :coffee:

minnows like Liverpool will be back where they belong
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:11 pm

normally i would take a dig at manu, but since pool is pool... I agree Thumbs up
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:29 pm

B-Mac wrote:well we should be back in Europe so you are probably right :coffee:

Well lets hope you can qualify first.

Even mediocre teams can enjoy good periods of form once in a while so lets hope your team can be fortunate enough to sustain that form.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:01 pm

S wrote:
B-Mac wrote:well we should be back in Europe so you are probably right :coffee:

Well lets hope you can qualify first.

Even mediocre teams can enjoy good periods of form once in a while so lets hope your team can be fortunate enough to sustain that form.

S pls give up your desperation for United to suddenly become QPR

we are where we are with half the squad injured all season Laughing

have played all the top teams and only dropped points to City
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:15 pm

and Chelsea
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:28 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:and Chelsea

i guess i should of said lost rather then dropped points

but true we drew chelsea
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:29 pm

I know what you meant but I like to be obnoxious
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:51 pm

hmm Pellegrini either bury's himself here or he buries me.

What to do? hmm

Barca to win. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:32 pm

Barca to edge it, just. Won't be as convincing as last year though. City getting an experience of the tie, and playing at the Camp Nou, will be of benefit to them.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:52 am

Really fun thread.

Non-United supports on GL: Interesting Tie - City got a chance anything can happen.

United Fans on GL: Vince McMahon "You've got, No chance, No chance in hell"   Laughing  

Fußball: Bring back Tata Proud

I never gave 2 sh!ts when United were in the CL. Funny how Izzy, Red, and Company come out of the wood works to take shots at City.

My take on the Tie:  If Aguero is fit we have a chance to win the tie. Will definitely be closer score wise than the 4-1 last year. I'm thinking 4-3 agg City or Barca on away goals.

Hopefully we get a better ref this time. Non-existent penalties and disallowed goals. Hopefully from a major League (Ger/Italy/France) this time. Not some amateur who is out of his depth.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:49 am

nasir6371 wrote:Really fun thread.

Non-United supports on GL: Interesting Tie - City got a chance anything can happen.

United Fans on GL: Vince McMahon "You've got, No chance, No chance in hell"   Laughing  

Fußball: Bring back Tata Proud

I never gave 2 sh!ts when United were in the CL. Funny how Izzy, Red, and Company come out of the wood works to take shots at City.

My take on the Tie:  If Aguero is fit we have a chance to win the tie. Will definitely be closer score wise than the 4-1 last year. I'm thinking 4-3 agg City or Barca on away goals.

Hopefully we get a better ref this time. Non-existent penalties and disallowed goals. Hopefully from a major League (Ger/Italy/France) this time. Not some amateur who is out of his depth.

Now, now, let's not be telling porkie pies. Every City fan is obsessed with United, it's part of your DNA.

And FYI, Izzy is a Palace/RM fan.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:32 am

City don't know how to play over 2 legs. They just don't have the CL experience, tactically and mentally.
They blitzkrieg their opponents in the premier league through sheer passing speed and skill, but they won't be able to replicate that in a 2 legged affair, especially against a team who will control the ball more than them. 180 minutes is a LOT of football, and barca understand that better than City do.

They do have the right elements to defeat barca, but I'm afraid this will be too big a task for them. The 2nd leg is also at the camp nou.

Anyway it's too soon to speak about this in depth because Feb is still far away so things can change a lot until then.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:34 am

Meh.

Barcelona have Lionel "that lil sh1t" Messi. Against a team that is coached by Pellegrini who balls and tactical nuance tends to shrink in accordance to the importance of matches in Europe, Messilona is gonna have a real edge.

I don't mind seeing Barcelona go out but City has no tangible history of showing they can step against these level of teams. As for the matches against Bayern, both were lost on the last group stage day with Bayern already qualified.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Wonder what tactical masterstroke Pellegrini has in store.

Last year he played 2 LBs against a Nerman who was playing RW rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:54 pm

nasir6371 wrote:

Aguero was shite against Barcelona last season, though. Just standing by the CB 40-50 yards from goal, not trying to make himself available in any way. It was like City playing with 10 men when Aguero had no interest to be involved if it wasn't in and around Barcelona's box. He has to improve a lot from his last season's showing against Barcelona.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Clearly you have never seen Agüero play Barça in la liga art...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:58 pm

True dat. Why?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Hoeness told the story how he went to Argentine to scout Aguero in April 2006, yet Aguero, after leaning against a fence while his teammates warmed up, never touched the ball the first half, then scored a penalty as his only action before the game was called off as the referee had icecubes thrown at him.
After that Hoeness made an offer of 5m € instead the demanded 16m, and says they "laughed at him".
So he sent our then coach Magath too to Argentine to check on Aguero again, who called Hoeness and said "Never again make me waste my spare time like that, it's to precious to fly half way around the world to watch a player who just stands there and doesn't run".
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Art Morte wrote:True dat. Why?
He has a history of turning up when playing against Barca and creating "surprise" results, especially at the Calderon.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Was awful last year though. His most memorable moment was getting the ball taken away by Messi.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:25 am

How fast time changes! Few months back it looked like it would be an even tie!
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:01 am

Now that Messi usually starts game from the right wing and Dani Alves who is playing for a new contract is looking like a beast once more, this looks like a very intimidating right wing attack. Who of City going to stop all those attacks? Clichy? Kolarov? Laughing Laughing
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 am

Calma. Agüero got this.

Also: reported.

junkyard wrote:Now that Messi usually starts game from the right wing and Dani Alves who is playing for a new contract is looking like a beast once more, this looks like a very intimidating right wing attack. Who of City going to stop all those attacks? Clichy? Kolarov? Laughing Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next