rwo power
Casciavit
Curtinho
McAgger
halamadrid2
30 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CL R16| Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: CL R16| Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:01 am

izzy wrote:
salmano9 wrote:Juve 2-1 win over Dortmund in Torino
1-0 Leverkuson win over ATM at home...
Those two weren't really surprising.
That.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

CL R16| Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: CL R16| Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:03 am

VivaStPauli wrote:That being said, they are, of course, Neverkusen and will get dismantled in Madrid in the return leg, sadly.
Well, as long as they get dismantled 2:1 or 3:2 or 4:3 I wouldn't mind. And even a 1:0 would probably be cool as one thing that Bernd Leno is really good in is saving penalties.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:09 am

Schmidt Proud Glad to see Atleti put in their place even if the game was rather horrid to watch from a neutral perspective. The tie's far from over though, despite Atleti's failure to get an away goal.

VivaStPauli wrote:Yeah apparently Schmidt told the assistant to kindly take a seat, except he yelled it in angry German.

I don't know why I find this sentence so hilarious. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:37 pm

for the return leg, Godin, Tiago and probably Siqueira will also miss the game. I dont know if they have adequate and quality replacements to cope up with their absence. They will surey miss Godin imo, he was immense yesterday also. So i will say it will be all about Leverkusen players having balls to handle the pressure at Caledron and if they can they will progress.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Can see Leverkusen kicking out Atletico(hopefully)

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:04 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:for the return leg, Godin, Tiago and probably Siqueira will also miss the game. I dont know if they have adequate and quality replacements to cope up with their absence. They will surey miss Godin imo, he was immense yesterday also. So i will say it will be all about Leverkusen players having balls to handle the pressure at Caledron and if they can they will progress.

Godin is by far their best defender so he's a massive miss. The other two are easily replaceable and you have to question whether they should play to begin with.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:08 pm

If Leverkusen play as calmly, composed, and clever (and at times mildly cynical) as they did in the first leg, they'll go through.

Can see them activate headless chicken mode, though.
60-40 in Leverkusens favor IMHO.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:40 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAUk0w2UsAAea-N.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAUkzhuUIAA7O13.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Atleti's front 3 is pretty tasty, could do some damage with that on fifa
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:47 pm

in that defense, I dont trust anyone except Leno :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:06 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:in that defense, I dont trust anyone except Leno :coffee:

Agree, those are four sadness-inducing names.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Actually hoping Leverkusen win this. Not cause I want them to but because I need a La Liga focused Atletico to drop some Barca points.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:13 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:in that defense, I dont trust anyone except Leno :coffee:

Agree, those are four sadness-inducing names.

I am still going to support Neverkusen with every ounce of bloody sweat dripping off my face Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Let's go Leverkusen!!

Wendell is quite good, actually, and Papadapoulos if healthy is also great. The other three though...yikes. Luckily they have a very good, industrious midfield that can shield the back four, and enough pace and creativity up front to mask some of their deficiencies by keeping the opponent honest.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:Actually hoping Leverkusen win this. Not cause I want them to but because I need a La Liga focused Atletico to drop some Barca points.

lol wouldn't Atleti doing bad in La Liga mean Valencia get to finish above them Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:08 am

Pos leverkusen. Get your crap together and score a goal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:19 am

Conflicted in this one. On the one hand: "Go GOAT Liga!" On the other hand the possibility of facing Leverkusen in the next round instead of Atletico. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:23 am

Fußball wrote:Conflicted in this one. On the one hand: "Go GOAT Liga!" On the other hand the possibility of facing Leverkusen in the next round instead of Atletico. Laughing

quoted to activate jinx
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:28 am

I dont who d f is doing english commentary on Sky Sports for this game, they are so stupid, idiots saying all the good things about Atletico and saying Leverkusen are getting physical Laughing then what are Atletico doing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:30 am

I had to chuckle at the irony of permanent Atletico diving, then Rolfes just punches someone in the face and the refs think it's just another dive.

It's not right, but it kind of feels like it might be.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:31 am

Real will give Rolfes a medal for elbowing Garcia in the face and getting away with it Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:32 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Real will give Rolfes a medal for elbowing Garcia in the face and getting away with it Laughing

I already sent him a gift hamper. It was the most beautiful thing I saw all day. God bless Ruffles...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:33 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I dont who d f is doing english commentary on Sky Sports for this game, they are so stupid, idiots saying all the good things about Atletico and saying Leverkusen are getting physical Laughing then what are Atletico doing

I watched a sky stream too, got so pissed off with the cocommentator I switched to a German one with Marcel Reif, then got so pissed off with Marcel Reif I tried a Spanish one Laughing

The Spanish one broke down now I'm back with English sky and that absolute moron of a cocommentator. Neutral
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:41 am

I can bear Rief Laughing I just cant !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:42 am

tbh, watching German commentary for CL games involving German teams is irritating for me

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:42 am

This game is a chitfest.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum