Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
dostoevsky
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
38 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München - Page 5 Empty Re: CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München

Post by salmano9 Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:42 am

RealGunner wrote:Higuain is the only reason why Messi didn't win the WC.

Argentina reached the final by accident FFS. They couldn't win Iran legitly...

salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München - Page 5 Empty Re: CL R16: Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Bayern München

Post by rwo power Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:12 am

jibers wrote:That defensive record has more to do with Bayerns possession and Neuer sweeping up to be honest but I get your point.
You know what I really find funny is that people don't rate Manuel Neuer, "because be plays behind the best defense evar". And now people don't rate the best defense evar because they have Manuel Neuer to clean up behind them?

People, please make up your mind! (Although actually I prefer the idea of Manuel Neuer being the bestest evar who bails out Bayern and Germany all the time Razz)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:16 am

salmano9 wrote:Argentina reached the final by accident FFS. They couldn't win Iran legitly...
They were pretty close to losing out against Switzerland, too. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Meh, Germany almost got done in by Algeria, and only drew Ghana, while Brazil got the ref to carry them through the early matches. Knockouts are hardly ever all that fair.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:55 pm

guest_07 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Luckily Argentina for some baffling reason took Lavezzi off because they were getting constant joy with the whole back 4 out of place.
Worse call than taking Riquelme off in 2006...

are you sure?

take out riquelme in that 2006 qf before full time vs germany is equal to:
1) take out maradona in 1986 wc qf vs england
2) take out kempes in 1978 wc final vs holland
3) take out messi in 2010 cl qf vs arsenal at camp nou

Yes I'm sure. Lavezzi was by far our most dangerous player the entire first half in a WC final. Supposedly he asked Sabella to take him off at HT but I don't believe this, because he had 15 minutes of rest. If he was so tired he should have played until the 60th mark or before being subbed out. Meanwhile Aguero came in who was clearly not match fit and unable to run. We were playing with a player less the rest of the match.

While the Riquelme sub was bad, it was in a circumstance where we were already winning and we were trying to park the bus, which while not the correct call at least has some rationale in it (Riquelme's weak point has always been defensive contribution). Not in the highest stage when we were trying to chase the game.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:04 pm

salmano9 wrote:

are you talking about the team that were bus parking and playing for draw the first 2 games in a hope that they would miraculously win the final game and move next round??? :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
guest_07 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Worse call than taking Riquelme off in 2006...

are you sure?

take out riquelme in that 2006 qf before full time vs germany is equal to:
1) take out maradona in 1986 wc qf vs england
2) take out kempes in 1978 wc final vs holland
3) take out messi in 2010 cl qf vs arsenal at camp nou

Yes I'm sure. Lavezzi was by far our most dangerous player the entire first half in a WC final. Supposedly he asked Sabella to take him off at HT but I don't believe this, because he had 15 minutes of rest. If he was so tired he should have played until the 60th mark or before being subbed out. Meanwhile Aguero came in who was clearly not match fit and unable to run. We were playing with a player less the rest of the match.

While the Riquelme sub was bad, it was in a circumstance where we were already winning and we were trying to park the bus, which while not the correct call at least has some rationale in it (Riquelme's weak point has always been defensive contribution). Not in the highest stage when we were trying to chase the game.

want to play defensive when had a 1-0 lead vs germany as host & argentina was not italy, i call that as a suicide attempt

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm not saying it was a good call, only that benching Lavezzi was the worse call.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:52 pm

neuro11 wrote:
salmano9 wrote:

are you talking about the team that were bus parking and playing for draw the first 2 games in a hope that they would miraculously win the final game and move next round??? :coffee:

Chelsea style Smile Thats a tactic, to park the bus... Thats what most asian teams would do tbh. And as rwo said, they almost lost to the swiss... Holland deserved to be in the final, cuz they had the most convincing results and play. Germany were of course, a power horse.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Don't know if it's just one of those days, but all of a sudden I'm firmly convinced that we will go out to Shakhtar next week because my opening post was too long and wannabe witty.

Discuss.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:32 pm

You can't undo the GL jinx that easily Hansen :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:33 pm

I didn't make any post about Borussia M'gladbach vs Sevilla in the EL and they went out, so I wouldn't say a long OP needs to be a bad omen.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:41 pm

lmao, Bayern are going to roflstomp Shakhtar, it'll be a routine 5-0 win
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:13 pm

I've got a very bad feeling abut this. And sadly my feelings about Bayern games tend to be right.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:24 pm

please go Hapless  Laughing . Bayern going to put atleast 3 past Shakhtar
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Stop it.

Shakhtar is no Rayo Vallecano, you know, we've shown them a way through this and they know what to do now.

I'm nervous as hell.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Shakhtar got this.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Neuer Rafinha Boateng Badstuber Schweinsteiger Alaba Robben Götze Ribery Müller Lewandowski pls.

No funny business ffs.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:45 pm

You're going to play like 3 fullbacks at the back again, then have Mitchel Weiser be the lone striker while Pep experiments with a 3-7-1 system without a goalkeeper, probably.

That idiot will make anything challenging. Isn't things being exciting fun?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I've got a very bad feeling abut this. And sadly my feelings about Bayern games tend to be right.

your feelings about Bayern tend to be right ? Laughing

just like they were very right last year when you predicted that Bayern would steamroll Real ? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:10 pm

It'll be a white-wash, similar to the tie against Basel a couple of years ago. Expecting 7 goals at the minimum.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:14 pm

farfan wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I've got a very bad feeling abut this. And sadly my feelings about Bayern games tend to be right.

your feelings about Bayern tend to be right ? Laughing

just like they were very right last year when you predicted that Bayern would steamroll Real ? Laughing

then I was overcompensating for the bad feeling I had by trying over the top trash talk.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:42 pm

If we're not careful we will end up losing this one, or even score drawing :facepalm:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:07 pm

Exactly. Biggest game of the season.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:09 pm

easy win. 4:0 at half time
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Lahm surprisingly part of the squad.
Has only been training for 2 days after 4 months out hmm

ffs Pep I said NO FUNNY BUSINESS
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next