Art Morte
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Liverpool v Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool v Swansea

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:21 pm

El Cujo wrote:Sakho you clown.

Henderson you beauty.

Someone will have to tell me how much better Sakho is than all our other defenders again, and that Rodgers can't organize a defence. FFS.

You do realize that Bony was Skrtel's man and he left him completely unmarked, and Sakho basically did his best to cover up for Martin's f up. Did amazing to win the areal battle vs. him, sadly no one tracked Siggy to fully clear the ball.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Sakho was great.

Can and Sakho work fantastically well for us in this 3 at the back formation.

Skrtel is suspended for the Leicester game. I would hate to see Lovren back. Hopefully Kolo plays.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Sakho was great.

Can and Sakho work fantastically well for us in this 3 at the back formation.

Skrtel is suspended for the Leicester game. I would hate to see Lovren back. Hopefully Kolo plays.

I really love Can's balls and runs he makes from deep. He's an absolute unit.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Can bring such calmness and composure to the backline as well. He never panics. Brings almost an Agger affect to the backline both on the ball and off it. Calms Skrtel down for one Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Can is a magnificent beast. Smile

Loving the swagger the team has been playing with of late. Really it just took some time to find the right spot for players, and for them to get comfortable with eachother. Can at the back is a monster, and I would like to see Can - Lovren - Sakho to be honest because Skrtel for my money is worse than Lovren and Lovren hasn't even been close to his best for us yet. I find Skrtel a liability every game -- he has no place in a team that Rodgers wants to play with his philosophy IMO.

That said great performance today. Coutinho has been absolutely cracking and our best player by far since he got re-inserted to the line-up. If he can keep up this consistency he deserves to be talked about among the best players in the league.

Imagine getting another legit striker, and adding Sturridge to how we've been playing of late. With a decent keeper to the mix, and Gerrard as an impact sub we will easily reach top 4.

YNWA
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:36 am

If we had a proper defense and could play with a back 4 imagine what can could do for us in that DM role, not only would protect the defense, but can move forward as well.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:08 am

#Believe #WeGoAgain

Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:45 am

I still think leaving Sakho in space like that on the left is an accident waiting to happen because he's not the safest with his ball handling... when you play a 343 or 352, you're asking 3 players to handle the ball in the back. If the midfield was good, then it's not such a worry because the defenders wouldn't need to deal with the ball so much. But given that the midfield is suspect, you're asking for trouble.

Good game by Liverpool. The shape looked good for once... all 11 players playing a tactically disciplined game. That's what happens when you take out the 2-3 players that are ruining your shape all season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:57 am

^ Sakho does look incredibly clumsy on the ball at times, but at the same time it kinda looks like he knows what he's doing and gets most of the things right with it, it's funny to watch, really, at least when you're leading with a couple of goals x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:01 am

Emre Can starting over the flop. Proud

I wish we could vs Monk every week. We'd win the league. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:02 am

Man Sakho is like the show stopper with clumsy tricks!!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:06 am

Built like an elephant, but has moves like a giraffe. ;D
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:22 am

When he made that backheel pass in the game, it looked so funny, I was like, did I just see that?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:52 am

sportsczy wrote:I still think leaving Sakho in space like that on the left is an accident waiting to happen because he's not the safest with his ball handling...  when you play a 343 or 352, you're asking 3 players to handle the ball in the back.  If the midfield was good, then it's not such a worry because the defenders wouldn't need to deal with the ball so much.  But given that the midfield is suspect, you're asking for trouble.  

Good game by Liverpool.  The shape looked good for once...  all 11 players playing a tactically disciplined game.   That's what happens when you take out the 2-3 players that are ruining your shape all season.

The midfield isn't suspect when Gerrard isn't in it to be honest. Sakho is also fine on the ball it's his headers that worry me. He seems to always put them back into play but on the opposition foot. The only defender we have right now that worries me on the actual ball is Skrtel because he's a donkey.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:05 am

Yet the "donkey" is twice the player of your love child in Lovren. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:12 am

Art Morte wrote:Fair play to Shelvey for not celebrating.

Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:00 am

Also re-watching the lead up to the Sakho header that caused a goal it's pretty clear how lost Skrtel is on defence. At the time I was just annoyed that Sakho's header fell right to Sigs, but realistically he was already covering for Skrtel and had to make the challenge or Bony had a free goal. If you watch all of our games this year the number of mistakes that Skrtel makes is absolutely shocking -- especially when you consider he's supposed to be our veteran defenceman.

Hopefully Lovren comes into form soon because, IMO, there's no place for Skrtel on this team.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:09 am

What "form" are you talking about? This is Lovren's level. Every single person that actually watched him play will tell you that. But you continue to read whoscored and his average of 8.4278 rating from last season.

The guy can't get a game over a 34 year old Kolo (who's not good enough but STILL outperforms a 20m signing) and a 20 year old kid that's not even a CB and you STILL consider him... decent? I don't understand. He's inferior to Skrtel. Or he'd be playing.

Oh, and inb4 "Skrtel lovechild" shit. Keep disregarding the fact that I've stated time and time that Martin wasn't good enough to be a consistent starter to make yourself feel better about yourself.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:25 am

I realize you're still insulted by my accusing you of using FM/Whoscored so much that you bring it up in every conversation, but it does get a bit repetitive. I know you don't actually talk to any Southampton fans (or maybe anyone outside of this forum tbqh) but collectively they thought he was fantastic last season along with most pundits (a simple search for articles could help you out, but I know how you like to keep to your agendas).

Rodgers must have bought Lovren, and got that price, from whoscored ratings also.

No, the reality is that he was class last season. He is having trouble adjusting to the team just like some others have had, but just like Rodgers has coached and worked with those other players he will work with Lovren and get him back into form. He has the physical tools, and he can actually play with the ball which is something that will help a lot with a back 3. Toure has actually been quite good this season too, better than Skrtel (who has been directly, or indirectly, responsible for more goals against us than even the out of form Lovren), but you'd know that if you actually watched Liverpool.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:35 am

Meh. It's 1am. And in all honesty, you ain't worth my time.

End of the day, Lovren is a flop. He might have the physical tools but he has no "mental" tools; but yeah, he was sooooooooo great for Soton I guess it doesn't matter. Maybe we should sign Wanyama in January to cover him. We'd still conceded another 50 odd goals in the league, but maybe Lovren will look great to you and other "pundits".  

Like I said, Skrtel isn't good enough either. But he's still A LOT better than your mate. Anyway. Nice chat. Have a happy new year, and good night~
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:48 am

Art Morte wrote:When he made that backheel pass in the game, it looked so funny, I was like, did I just see that?
I gasped every time he touched the ball to start the 2nd half... and then my wife, who is unfortunately a Liverpool fan for some obscure reason (probably a negotiation ploy for later), mentioned to me that the crowd were gasping/groaning like me too Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:36 am

I wonder how long El Cujo keeps arguing with Red Albert Laughing
Also, Sakho needs to play regularly for us so that he grows in confidence. He just needs that mental calmness, there is nothing wrong with his ability on the ball imo. Sakho is god damn fighter, we need someone like him.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Red Alert wrote:Emre Can starting over the flop. Proud

Bet Wenger and LvG are saying the same. They got tactically dismantled and destroyed by Monk.

Not to mention Pellegrini needed an offside goal to beat Monk at Etihad.

carry on Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:38 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Emre Can starting over the flop. Proud

Bet Wenger and LvG are saying the same. They got tactically dismantled and destroyed by Monk.

Not to mention Pellegrini needed an offside goal to beat Monk at Etihad.

carry on Laughing

He steals points over our rivals and bends over towards Rodgers. Great manager. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3