Art Morte
Fahim89
mr-r34
Red Alert
McAgger
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

We should NOT extend Gerrard... - Page 2 Empty Re: We should NOT extend Gerrard...

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Rumors going over Twitter that there might be announcement from either Gerrard or LFC that he would not extend and leave this summer!!!!

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

We should NOT extend Gerrard... - Page 2 Empty Re: We should NOT extend Gerrard...

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Di Marzio wrote:Los Angeles Galaxy make offer for Liverpool’s Gerrard

This is just too much for me to take Sad Sad Sad Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:43 pm

This rumors no matter weak or strong they are, i just cannot take them! This man for me is Liverpool and to see him retire would have been tolerable but for him to leave Sad Sad . . . . F*** off FSG!!!!!! Clubber Clubber Clubber
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 18s19 seconds ago
Steven Gerrard is set to announce that he will leave Liverpool at the end of this season. MLS is his most likely destination.

THAT's IT IM DONE FU** OFF FSG JUST GET THE F*** OFF THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FILTHY ***********************************
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:59 pm

I guess some of us are happy now . . or else this thread would never would have opened. . .

And here i am a grown man crying like a baby at 4am!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Fahim89 wrote:I guess some of us are happy now . . or else this thread would never would have opened. . .

Don't you dare say that to me Fahim. Don't you dare say it. I am just as heart broken and teared up as you are upon hearing this news. Darkness of realization has set in and it feels like a part of me has died.

I only created this thread because logic dictates on all fronts that Stevie is a liability as a footballer to our beloved Liverpool TODAY and is detrimental to our immediate present and future. This decision is a new chapter and a CORRECT one at that. We can finally move on and celebrate him in our glorious history as we've done so many other greats.

No player is above the club. I love my club above every single person and this decision is an end of an are as well as the beginning of something new, something we needed.

But don't you dare say that I am happy about this because I dared to speak the unspeakable. Do you not want the best for the club? No one is happy about this, not even neutrals. When this finally becomes official my whole world will fall apart and a part of me will be dead forever.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Yes my friend i as much as you do want the best for this club. But mark my words this decision is good. . . . but not for us or this club atleast not at this time . . but good for Stevie because he needed to move on to still be regarded and play regularly.

But for us we won't have the leader we would need in our most troubled time. Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:57 pm

Now we and the club face the biggest question in last 2 decades . . . how to replace Steven Gerrard!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:44 pm

Im gonna tell stories to young LFC teens about the days of the majestic man. I started watching football because of this guy, Devastated.

But as of now, The club moves forward and Henderson comes back at CM.

I love you Gerrard, But better management would have made you last another 3 years in the red shirt.

Please dont take this the wrong way.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:48 pm

mr-r34 wrote:First goal, did you watch the first goal, Gerrard was the biggest passenger, it looked like he didn't give a fuarkk.

I downloaded highlights and made a GIF for you, watch Gerrard, watch the guy.

Walking the whole *bleep* time, how the *bleep* was Lucas at fault in the goal and Gerrard gets away scotch free.

We should NOT extend Gerrard... - Page 2 AjnhY4E

Sorry for derailing the thread and interrupting. But that goal has nothing to do with Gerrard IMO. At no point he was at fault(in that gif at least). Lucas, Sakho and to a very minimal point, Toure are at the most fault for it. Or the system which you guys were using because the defensive structure seems a bit too casual.

1) Nugent breaks free of Lucas who was man marking him or marking that zone(not sure which system liverpool deploys). Lucas doesn't bother getting close to him after the 1-2. And Lucas doesn't bother tracking him back into the space vacated by Sakho who went to the left flank

2) Sakho doesn't get close enough to the flank man and does a half assed attempt at the cross coming in. Then Sakho doesn't come back to LCB area quick enough, specially when no 18(i think) already came back to cover the left flank.

3) Now there is a massive gap betwen both LCB and the CB(toure). Toure leaves his area to go towards LCB where there is space. But remembers no one is back covering him. He is in two minds. Sakho meanwhile is far too late to see Nugent and Nugent is just quicker than him to react.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:12 am

Hank you comepletely got it right.

Rodgers ruined Gerrard. Mishandled the end of his career. Under right management this thread wouldn't have had to be created and Stevie wouldn't have had to finish his career somewhere else.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:20 am

Don't call me James wrote:Hank you comepletely got it right.

Rodgers ruined Gerrard. Mishandled the end of his career. Under right management this thread wouldn't have had to be created and Stevie wouldn't have had to finish his career somewhere else.

Completely disagree, i think Rodgers extended Gerrard's Career. Let's be real he wouldn't be making much top teams in the PL these days yet he has a constant starting role with us, playing him deep has allowed him to still stay with us for a bit loner..

I agree with you on the overall situation, it was a sad day that had to come.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:50 am

There is nothing wrong with playing him deep.

Rodgers had 3-4 windows to phase him out and he couldn't.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:51 am

No way if Gerrard plays 30-60 minutes ONCE a week he can bring a lot to a team. Kind of like Lampard is adding a lot to City at the moment with a bit part role.

But Rodgers didn't have the balls to drop him or give him a lesser role. For godsake he played him 90 minutes 6 times every 2 weeks. Just terrible mismanagement.

Gerrard could have stayed CAM and box to box CM and give 30-60 minutes once a week easily. Because Rodgers was playing him so much non-stop he had to change his position deeper to be able to start him every game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:30 am

mr-r34 wrote:

Completely disagree, i think Rodgers extended Gerrard's Career. Let's be real he wouldn't be making much top teams in the PL these days yet he has a constant starting role with us, playing him deep has allowed him to still stay with us for a bit loner..

No he didn't.

He should of used him as a rotational player from the start and didn't.

He's played him at every single possible chance to do so.

He didn't necessary "ruin" him but he hasn't managed him well since being at the club.

Playing him deep did the team more harm than good.

You can say he was the best midfielder in the league last year but he wasn't. He was isolated in a role he never played for 20+ years so was put in an awkward position defensively; and was expected to perform. Going forward he was fine, but he wasn't exactly "good" either. Majority of his goals and assists came from set pieces.

Like McAgger said above, he should of been given a lesser role. I have no doubts in my mind that he'd be able to play a game a week without being a burden. But Rodgers plays him 2-3 games a week. He's 34 now. Simply by "extending his career" burnt him out. He's still our highest goal scorer right now... Laughing

Last edited by Red Alert on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:35 am

mr-r34 wrote:

Agreed on the BR extending his part or his more central role within the club.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:52 am

As for his "replacement"; we already have him.

No Delph. No Hughes. No other "next Gerrard" signings. Jordan Henderson. He has the quality, raw passion and determination to do it. He just needs to fix his final ball. Easier than it sounds (I've been saying he needs to address it for a couple of seasons now) but I think it'll be easier for him now. Well, if he'll be given the confidence to be the main man in midfield. Give him a free role, let him roam and let Lucas do the dirty work.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:19 am

mr-r34 wrote:

No, Rodgers shortened Gerrard's LFC career with the decisions he made this season. I don't remember who played Gerrard in that deep-lying role first, Rodgers for LFC and Hodgson for England, but that was the right way to go. Like Hank said:

Nishy wrote:There is nothing wrong with playing him deep.

That should have been kept Gerrard's role. For that role he has the legs and the passing range & vision, even if not optimal defensive awareness, but no one's perfect. Either that role, or then an impact sub role. But this season Rodgers has gone back to playing Gerrard in a midfield pivot and even at CAM. Gerrard has played 90 minutes in all but three of our PL matches and when you add the CL games, Gerrard has been playing three times in less than 10 days, usually in a role he hasn't got the legs to begin with. That's just awful man-management of a player his age.

Gerrard had more to offer to Liverpool than what he's been asked to offer this season. Less minutes and in a more suitable position and I'm confident his performances would have been better and worked towards him staying beyond this season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:31 am

Frank Lampard: 2800 mins-40 games (2013/14)
Francesco Totti: 1107 mins-16 games (2014-15)
David Villa: 3053 mins-47 games (2013-14)
Steven Gerrard: 2131 mins-26 games (2014-15)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:10 pm

People blaming Rodgers now for Gerrard's decline. I've seen everything. You really think that he wasn't under immense pressure to play the club's talisman any time that Gerrard said that he was good to play? It's just as much Gerrard and Liverpool's fault as it is Rodgers' -- in that it's not really anyone's 'fault'. Gerrard is getting older, he suffered some injuries, and he has a lot of pride. He wasn't going to ride the pine here regardless of who the manager was and that was that.

He is moving on and that's really sad, because I'm sure the offer that we gave him had some kind of stipulation that he wasn't going to be an every day player and he isn't ready to give that up yet.

I love the man, but it's the right decision for both parties. The team just looks better when he isn't playing now and there's nothing more to be done about it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:18 pm

^ So you think Gerrard has been correctly used and managed by Rodgers this season?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:38 pm

No, if it were up to me he would be an impact sub. The difference is my job isn't on the line with intense pressure from upper management, supporters and even other players to include him. The whole organization almost puts Gerrard on a pedestal above Liverpool itself. Could Rodgers just ignore all that and bench him, and use him accordingly? Well, he has been lately. That said it's not something so simple as to recognize someone like Gerrard isn't best for the on field product anymore and implementing it.

Why do you think that Gerrard turned down the contract that he was most recently offered? It certainly wouldn't be about money because he has more than enough of that, and he has endorsements, etc. It's almost certainly because they want him to play the role of a sub and a clubhouse leader and I don't think he's ready for that.

At the end of the day Gerrard being here is a tough situation for the team. His passion and pride don't allow him to want to play a bit part on the team, but he just isn't at a level or age anymore where he should be starting every (or most) games for us.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:52 pm

First you say he hasn't been mismanaged by Rodgers, than you say Rodgers hasn't correctly used Stevie. Which is it because you are contradicting yourself?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:26 pm

Where am I contradicting myself? I actually said, nor implied, neither of those things. Don't be daft. I've said the same thing, in different ways, in both posts -- Rodgers is doing the best he can with the situation that both he and Gerrard are currently in.

This ridiculous post is what I was responding to originally. Then my next post had to do with how I personally would be using him this year.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:00 am

El Cujo wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
El Cujo wrote:Last time I checked this is Rodgers' 3rd season (therefore not 3 years later) and we'll likely finish top 4 or top 5 again. Not sure how that's playing for the future, finishing 2nd in the league and on the way to top 4-5 again, considering he took over a midtable club on the brink of administration.

You might want to re read your history book son.

Liverpool were not midtable? I guess 8th is high enough for you. Were they not on the brink of administration in 2010? New owners had literally just come in when he started.

Your shtick is getting old though, I forgot I wasn't going to respond to you anymore.

Only just seen this... rofl

So Rodgers has been here since FSG were in charge?

Somewhere in this book your reading, have we won the PL? Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:58 am

Can i ask, go back to the start of the last season how would you guys use gerrard?

Because if his a benchy that comes on for the last 15-30 mins in an AM or CM role good luck thinking that was ever an option lol.

His our *bleep* captain his probably leaving cause he doesn't want a bench role.

And if you think he has the legs for AM or CM only playing once a week, which most of last year was nearly every game, then your delusional at best.

What other way could Rodgers of gave him as much game time other then that deep role.

Because i'm sure as hell at 32 he wouldn't of accepted being a bench player.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next