MJ
Raptorgunner
Sina
Chumlum
RealGunner
42 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:24 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Rosicky rofl

Poor Mans Steven N'Zonzi.

It's like some of you didn't watch the 07/08 season.

It's like some of you didn't catch the sense of humor.

It's like some of you still haven't realised that one of the hardest things in life is to distinguish between hipster Mole and banter Mole.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Peccadillo Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:46 am

MJ wrote:+1 Jay.

We could analyze the weakness of any player in this in-form squad, highlight a time it was exploited and then make a case for their being sold on the back of it. It's senseless imo.

Anyway

Something something James Milner, something something would prefer Arsenal move over Liverpool, something something £130,000 per week wages. - the Metro

If Arteta/Flamini/Diaby/Rosicky leave then he could be a useful addition. No transfer fee would alleviate the impact of those wages and if Walcott goes too then we have another player to fill in on the wings.

Just FTR, I never said Mert should be sold..

Jay, agree to disagree... I'm not really looking at one isolated incident though.. I see his lack of pace and sluggishness as a weakness in our defence.. I am not saying we have conceded a load of goals because of him, but we always look penetrable to me and he does expose us a lot at the back. If it wasn't for Kos being a boss, I imagine more goals would have come.

Placing our opinions aside for a moment though.. I imagine we agree that he lacks pace/agility.. and surely the idea is to optimise our squad in every area possible. There are defenders out there who can defend as well as Mert but also don't have a flaw in their game that is so important in modern football.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm

El Gunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
It's like some of you didn't watch the 07/08 season.

It's like some of you still haven't realised that one of the hardest things in life is to distinguish between hipster Mole and banter Mole.

Laughing Fair play.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:09 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Laughing Fair play.

That deserves to be in the Quotes of Goallegacy thread tbh :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:46 pm

I think Milner would be a decent addition to the squad. Proper PL player and his workrate could be useful in the latter part of games. I also don't think its too far fetched of an idea to have Milner as a direct squad replacement for Theo considering we have Gnabry coming through the ranks. He might still be raw, but a move like this would give him more of a shot at first team action.

Also don't see the need to replace Mert whatsoever. He is a VERY experienced defender and would be a solid #3. Bringing in another CB is a must because at this point Gabriel and Chambers are unproven to be starting alongside Koscielny. Buying another CB would really kill Chambers playing time though especially with Bellerin our #2 RB and the fact we will surely be buying a DM this summer.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:04 pm

Sky Sports linking us with £30million move for Aubameyang? scratch
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:42 pm

30M Laughing
not good enough,not needed either
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Won't even take him for 15m lol

Have at least 3-4 better players than him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:26 pm

The biggest flaw in the Mertesacker-replacement-bandwagon is that there are precious few CBs in world football that would be better for us than he is and who we could actually acquire. People cite so called world class CBs like Hummels, who has had a piss poor season; Varane, who would be near-impossible to sign and who hasn't been immaculate this year either; Howedes, who really isn't any better; or some random guy they read was really good from league A, B or C and in all cases use the logic that just because he doesn't play here he must be better than Merteswagger.

Most defenders in the modern game have flaws. Even Kompany is shite these days. Unless we're signing Thiago Silva, there's absolutely no assurance that anyone will come into our team and immediately, unquestionably be a world beater, and the only guys who might be are either unattainable or would cost an absurd transfer fee and offer very slight improvement. Fact is, every top side is looking for CBs right now and none of them can find them. As far as I'm concerned, Koscielny & Mertesacker has proven as strong as any CB pairing in the league and I don't see the point in breaking it up. Solidify the protection in front of them and our defensive lineup is perfectly fine.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:09 am

But seriously. What position do we even splurge at this summer? Imo, we are set on the back line and GK. And I find it hard to believe we'll just stand pat and do nothing. We've gotta spend money somewhere.

So, if we do, where does the money go ? Where's the best investment?
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:32 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:But seriously. What position do we even splurge at this summer? Imo, we are set on the back line and GK. And I find it hard to believe we'll just stand pat and do nothing. We've gotta spend money somewhere.

So, if we do, where does the money go ? Where's the best investment?

if talking about we're set then we're set pretty much all positions, with the emerge of Bellerin & resurrection of Nacho, we're quite covered from top to bottom. What we can do is to improve from what we currently have ( to the next level, from decent to good, from good to world class) and cut out deadwood, that means some of fans favorite players, some long term servants need to be gone, as sad as it sounds.

Wenger did excellently last summers with two biggest transfers in the history of the club and the quality and improvement have been shown. That's being said, they're all opportunistic signings and I think that's what Wenger will be looking into again, disgruntled, out of favor world class players.

On top of my head, these following might fall into that category: Cech, Hummels, Gundogan (now with Klopp gone), Sterling, crap load of Madrid players, Pedro, Toulalan (he's old).

Beside that, maybe some surprise youth signings like Chambers or Ox.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Twoism wrote:Wenger did excellently last summers with two biggest transfers in the history of the club and the quality and improvement have been shown. That's being said, they're all opportunistic signings and I think that's what Wenger will be looking into again, disgruntled, out of favor world class players.

On top of my head, these following might fall into that category: Cech, Hummels, Gundogan (now with Klopp gone), Sterling, crap load of Madrid players, Pedro, Toulalan (he's old).

This is really just wishful thinking on my part, but two players who haven't lived up to the initial hype at their current clubs, and whom I really like to watch (despite flaws/shortcomings) are Javier Pastore and Stevan Jovetic. I must admit I still harbor grand, stupid, pointless dreams that they could realize their full potential at Arsenal.

Beside that, maybe some surprise youth signings like Chambers or Ox.

Yeah, I think we will see a few promising 17-18 year olds come in.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Chumlum wrote:
Twoism wrote:Wenger did excellently last summers with two biggest transfers in the history of the club and the quality and improvement have been shown. That's being said, they're all opportunistic signings and I think that's what Wenger will be looking into again, disgruntled, out of favor world class players.

This is really just wishful thinking on my part, but two players who haven't lived up to the initial hype at their current clubs, and whom I really like to watch (despite flaws/shortcomings) are Javier Pastore and Stevan Jovetic. I must admit I still harbor grand, stupid, pointless dreams that they could realize their full potential at Liverpool.

same feeling here also !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:43 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/21/hugo-lloris-tottenham-champions-league?CMP=share_btn_tw

Cheeky bid hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:44 pm

#WelcomeToArsenal

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:07 am

https://twitter.com/BundesligaSpot/status/590638789028085761

Cech+Gündogan In pls
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:47 am

Here's the SportBild bit about Arsenal and Manchester City concrete discussions over Gundogan.
 The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 35 CDLMuffWAAAH87e

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/590759601110458369/photo/1
====================
Arsenal back in for Kondogbia, L'Equipe say transfer will depend on money
http://t.co/HFJC5QWlFW
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:04 am

No thanks. We don't need more midget midfielders.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:30 am

silver wrote:No thanks. We don't need more midget midfielders.

Neither Gundogan nor Kondogbia are midgets hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Gundogan is class but is highly injury-prone. He would therefore fit perfectly here :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:34 am

El Gunner wrote:
silver wrote:No thanks. We don't need more midget midfielders.

Neither Gundogan nor Kondogbia are midgets hmm

Wasn't talking about Kondogbia.

Gundogan is taller than I thought but he's still no Patrick Vieira.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:33 pm

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/done-deal-man-united-agree-purchase-of-midfielder-for-22m-huge-tr

Gutted if true Neutral
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:54 pm

Not better than Ramsey or Wilshere tbh

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Micha Richards (a self proclaimed gooner) is going on bosman this summer. He is only 26 years old. Granted he did not live up to his initial hype, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that he was frozen out by city. I think he would make a decent backup and reclaim back his career with us.

Opinions?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:01 pm

RealGunner wrote:Not better than Ramsey or Wilshere tbh

BS, he is so much better, is an actual complete player.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Ramsey actually is pretty complete himself, though. He's a very good all-rounder - goals, assists, dribbles, tackles, passing, ground covered ...

Still sad if we have to see Gundogan in a Man Utd shirt.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next