Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
Unique
Art Morte
61 posters

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V6 - Page 23 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V6

Post by Sri Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:16 pm

It could have been the love story of our century.. Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V6 - Page 23 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V6

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:21 am

Costa banned for 3 games.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:45 am

Not that big a deal in all honesty. Hazard, Matic and Terry are the only indispensable players in our team.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 am

I don't think they'll miss him against Villa or Everton, but Man City have been handed a real boost for tomorrow's match.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:32 am

John Carver on Cisse Laughing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8mrWnRCcAAuu-8.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:47 am

Gil wrote:Not that big a deal in all honesty. Hazard, Matic and Terry are the only indispensable players in our team.

Fabregas, he's the only creative CM/AM you have. Watching Ramires, Oscar and Matic try and create is amusing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:53 am

RealGunner wrote:John Carver on Cisse Laughing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8mrWnRCcAAuu-8.jpg

Lol but tbh I'm ignorant to quotes after Pardew, who said moronic things like that on a weekly basis.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:03 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Gil wrote:Not that big a deal in all honesty. Hazard, Matic and Terry are the only indispensable players in our team.

Fabregas, he's the only creative CM/AM you have. Watching Ramires, Oscar and Matic try and create is amusing.

Oscar has 7 assists this season but I get your point. Cesc is crucial against teams that park the bus but Ramires is arguably the better option against a team like City.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:41 am

Ramires is a headless chicken with poor tactical awareness and with none playmaking ability, he's not suited to play in the pivot and he's certainly not a better option than Cesc there. If we play him in a 3man midfield or on the wing fine.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Where the preview at Art
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Finally some Premiership football again!

Hull v Newcastle
Steve Bruce was rumoured to be one of the candidates for the new Castle manager, but Carver fought off that competition like it was nothing. Such a talent he is. Let's see if he can build on his fast-growing reputation and admiration by taking the three points from the KC Stadium.

Crystal Palace v Everton
He's moved from a castle to a palace and seems to be enjoying it: four games, four wins. If Frauberto Martinez keeps a close eye on the genius Pardew in this game as his toffee boys get chewed up and spat out, maybe he'll learn a thing or two.

Liverpool v West Ham
He flopped at Liverpool and is now on course to have his best ever season at 30 at West Ham. How Stewart Downing does it, I do not know. What I do know, however, is that how Andy Carroll puts in terrific performances game after game; he's just so bloody good. However, so is Martin Skrtel, so Big Andy might have to settle for a brace this afternoon. Hopefully that won't keep the Reds from winning, though.

Manchester United v Leicester
How about that 5 - 3, huh? More of the same, please.

Stoke v QPR
Is Harry going to rest some of his players so that they'll be fresh for the deadline day's wheeling and dealing ordeal?

Sunderland v Burnley
Level on points just above the relegation zone with one goal separating them. It doesn't get better than relegation six-pointers.

West Brom v Tottenham
Tony Pulis, work your magic.

Chelsea v Manchester City
If Chelsea win, is it all over?

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:41 pm

We need to win and we should, Hull are absolutely awful.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:52 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Art Morte wrote:Finally some Premiership football again!

Hull v Newcastle
Steve Bruce was rumoured to be one of the candidates for the new Castle manager, but Carver fought off that competition like it was nothing. Such a talent he is. Let's see if he can build on his fast-growing reputation and admiration by taking the three points from the KC Stadium.

Crystal Palace v Everton
He's moved from a castle to a palace and seems to be enjoying it: four games, four wins. If Frauberto Martinez keeps a close eye on the genius Pardew in this game as his toffee boys get chewed up and spat out, maybe he'll learn a thing or two.

Liverpool v West Ham
He flopped at Liverpool and is now on course to have his best ever season at 30 at West Ham. How Stewart Downing does it, I do not know. What I do know, however, is that how Andy Carroll puts in terrific performances game after game; he's just so bloody good. However, so is Martin Skrtel, so Big Andy might have to settle for a brace this afternoon. Hopefully that won't keep the Reds from winning, though.

Manchester United v Leicester
How about that 5 - 3, huh? More of the same, please.

Stoke v QPR
Is Harry going to rest some of his players so that they'll be fresh for the deadline day's wheeling and dealing ordeal?

Sunderland v Burnley
Level on points just above the relegation zone with one goal separating them. It doesn't get better than relegation six-pointers.

West Brom v Tottenham
Tony Pulis, work your magic.

Chelsea v Manchester City
If Chelsea win, is it all over?

Proud

Hull Vs Newcastle will either finish in a draw or a Hull win. Can't see Newcastle win this.

Palace vs Everton is interesting. Palace to win because of Pardew and Sanogo.

Liverpool in great form. But West Ham will score a goal at least. Home win via DQ. wait wat

United will smash Leicester 1-0

Stoke win

Sunderland Vs Burnley is interesting. Draw seems likely but Ings might have something to say

Pulis Vs Spurs hmm

Chelsea favourites.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:
rofl rofl Many a laugh was bellowed that afternoon, thanks to Raheem Shilling and Webb
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Chelsea-City  title
Liverpool - West Ham 4th place trophy
Sunderland- Burnley relegation battle

Crucial matchday.

Well , Costa banned so probably  I am obliged to put  Austin as captain in FPL , I never would hve imagined it at the begininning, it is a nightmare . I've spent time so as to sign the best players in the league for Charlie Austin as captain . Who will explain this to my sons a day ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:10 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:43 pm

El Plastico tomorrow. Chavs to edge it 1-0 in a mind numbingly boring game.

We should be battering Leicester Twisted Evil

Big Sam to take points off Liverpool, please.

WBA to beat Spurs. Pulis effect to carry on.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:26 pm

Era 1 of the Liverpool's galacticos vs Era 2.

Downing and Carroll vs Lallana and Markovic

Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Exclusive Rory Smith meets Andy Carroll, who returns to Anfield today for the first time since the Liverpool manager sold him to West Ham Andy Carroll does not miss a beat. He has been asked to provide an illustration of how he knew, in the summer of 2012, that his Liverpool career was over, to describe precisely what it was that convinced him he and Brendan Rodgers could never work together. Straightaway, he accuses the Liverpool manager of lying.
“With Brendan Rodgers, there was a lot going on,” he says. From experience, it is safe to say that as an interviewee, Carroll does not do artifice and he does not do euphemism. He is markedly calm and casual as he describes his dark, final days at Liverpool. “What he was saying to me and what was actually happening [were different things]. He was telling me one thing to my face, then I’d leave the training ground and he would ring me and tell me a completely different thing.
“He would say: ‘You’re going to play every week, you’re going to play every game up front with [Luis] Suárez’. I’d leave and get home and he would ring me and say: ‘Fulham and West Ham want you and I think it’s best you should go.’ I had just had a conversation with him ten minutes ago. So I would go back and see him and he would say the opposite again.
“It was the same thing round and round and round. On phone calls, it was: ‘I think you should go.’ To my face it was: ‘You’ll start every week’. It was mixed messages. He was messing with my head. I lost respect for him, to be honest.
“Another example: I went to Hearts for the [Europa League qualifier]. I got up there. He said I was starting. I woke up in the morning and he came in and said: ‘I think you’ve got a hamstring problem, you’re not going to start.’ I said my hamstring was fine. He said I’d be on the bench. I got to the ground and I wasn’t even on the bench. I was the only one missing out.
“It was just messing me about. I was angry. I knew it was time to go. I thought I just want to play football. I didn’t need this. Under Brendan I knew I was never going to play, with what he was saying to me. “If he had said straightaway I wasn’t going to play, I’d have said fair enough, you’re a new manager, it’s your decision. You didn’t sign me, fair enough. He did it to a few other players, too, players who are not there now. I didn’t need to speak to anyone about it. I just knew it was a breakdown. If the manager is treating me like this, [I thought] there is no reason for me to be at Liverpool.”
Two and a half years on, Carroll returns to Anfield this afternoon as a West Ham player. Thanks to a combination of injuries and the terms of his initial loan move to Upton Park, it will be the first time he has been back to the club who, in 2011, made him the most expensive English player in history.
The accusations regarding his treatment by Rodgers have not been substantiated by the Northern Irishman. For Carroll, enough water has passed under the bridge for the 26-year-old to recount his dealings with his former manager with no real rancour. There is similarly no trace of bitterness in his voice as he discusses his feelings towards Liverpool as a whole. He is at his happiest now, he says, working under Sam Allardyce for a West Ham team he feels “is only going up”. He is over his injuries. He is allowing his thoughts, just a little, to drift towards further international recognition. Carroll is in a good place. He does not give the impression, particularly, that he would join the modern fad of refraining from celebrating should he score against his former employers, but equally does not seem to have a burning desire for revenge. Returning to Liverpool, he says, is not the emotional drain that going back to Newcastle for the first time was.
“That was tough,” he says. “I grew up there, I had a season ticket there, I supported them for years and still do now. It was hard to hear your own fans getting on your back. I knew I would get some from the Newcastle fans. That was disappointing. I don’t know what I’ve done wrong, but obviously it’s something. There are some emotions with Liverpool, but it is not a team I grew up with. It was just a team I was at for a short time and I have moved on.”
His prime emotion when he thinks back to his time at Anfield, he says, is “more frustration than regret”. It may surprise him that there will be plenty in attendance today who share that view, and not simply because of the chronic shyness in front of goal of Rodgers’ side. Carroll’s debut was a long time in coming. He had signed — on that bizarre night when Fernando Torres went to Chelsea — with an injury, and it was not until early March that he was ready to appear. The intervening weeks had brought about a torrent of bafflement and mirth that the club’s American owners had sanctioned such a vast outlay on such a raw talent.
He first appeared as a substitute during a game against Manchester United. It was the perfect setting, really. Dirk Kuyt had scored a hat-trick but Suárez had been the star, teeing up all three, tormenting the hated enemy. The game was won. The mood was buoyant. Anfield was crowing. Then Carroll, the £35 million man, bounded on to the field. His first involvement was to contest a header from a Pepe Reina goal kick. He won it, emphatically. The sight was cheered as loudly as a goal.
“I can remember coming on and winning my first header,” he says. “The noise all kicked off. But I never really got a grip on being fit. The frustration is that I could not get myself going. I went there injured, I was rushing myself back to be fit because I wanted to play and they were rushing me back, too. That meant I would play one game, then miss two, then play another and so on. Then I’d be out and it was a snowball effect.”
Then, of course, out went Kenny Dalglish — who referred to him, affectionately, as “Big Andy” — and in came Rodgers, very much a Carroll-sceptic. The Northern Irishman’s belief, it seemed, was that his powerhouse centre forward suited only one type of game. He was a target man, a long-ball magnet, a heavyweight in a bantam world. Rodgers decided that his face did not fit.
This is the only point where Carroll, reclining in his seat at West Ham’s training ground, grows agitated. He has heard this accusation too many times and, though he insists that he is “not bothered by other people’s opinions,” it clearly strikes a nerve. Not least, perhaps, because it haunts him even now.
When Sam Allardyce’s side started the season playing quick, incisive football with Diafra Sakho and Enner Valencia up front — thanks to Carroll’s injury — there was a worry around Upton Park that, once the striker returned, all that progress would be lost, that West Ham would revert to a less sophisticated style.
“We play in exactly the same way,” Carroll says. “I know we do, because the training is exactly the same, the way we set up. It is just perception. Because I am tall and win headers, people think the long ball must be back. We have probably hit the same amount of long balls with me up front as with anyone else. It doesn’t annoy me. It is just stupid. It is people not knowing the game.
“It has to be [scoring] a flying header that gives me most pleasure, but I am not just about that. I have a bit of everything: I can defend, I can attack, I’m good on the floor, I’m good in the air. People think if you’re tall and win headers, that’s all you are. That is my strength and you use your strength, but that doesn’t take away from what you can do on the floor. People don’t see that. They only see height.” That, certainly, is all that Rodgers saw. Carroll returns to Anfield this afternoon not angry, not vengeful, but simply determined to open his eyes.

What are his odds on a hattrick art? He doesn't sound happy. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:25 am

Like I said in my preview, Skrtel's going to keep that beast down to a brace.

One thing's for sure, though, both Carroll and Downing will be eager to show it was a mistake letting them go.

Looking at the table, the 3rd, 4th and 5th placed teams all have home games they're the favorites to win, especially ManU and Arsenal. The 4th placed team after this round will have 42 or 43 points. Both us and West Ham could really, really do with the three points to keep pace with the clubs above us. I don't think West Ham are coming to play for a draw, they have nothing to lose, they're already doing better than was expected. The winner of this game will feel like the top-4 charge is very much on, the loser is going to look at the table and think "it's getting away from us".

I cannot wait for this game to start. As long as we don't show signs of fatigue and don't get outsmarted tactically, I'm confident we'll outplay them and claim victory.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:35 am

Red Alert wrote:Era 1 of the Liverpool's galacticos vs Era 2.

Downing and Carroll vs Lallana and Markovic

Proud

FFS Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:39 am

Art Morte wrote:
Looking at the table, the 3rd, 4th and 5th placed teams all have home games they're the favorites to win, especially ManU and Arsenal.

Thanks for that. Now watch us both drop points. Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:45 am

“Their [Wenger/Rodgers/Pellegrini] philosophy is different to ours. Ours is more about who are we playing against. Their philosophy is more ‘we always play this way’ and they won’t change, they carry doing on the same thing. That’s why you can beat them."
Can Fat Sam out-tactic Rodgers? hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:55 am

Red Alert wrote:
“Their [Wenger/Rodgers/Pellegrini] philosophy is different to ours. Ours is more about who are we playing against. Their philosophy is more ‘we always play this way’ and they won’t change, they carry doing on the same thing. That’s why you can beat them."
Can Fat Sam out-tactic Rodgers? hmm

Wenger out-tactic-ed him just a month back. December 28. West Ham 1 - 2 Arsenal. :coffee:
Good job beating us Fat Sam. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:02 am

"can" beat them. Not "will" beat them. He was clearly feeling sorry for your lot on the day. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next