McLewis
rwo power
sportsczy
51 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 6 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:36 pm

It's kind of a self-fullfilling prophecy.

When Obama had first won the presidency, it seemed as if the Democrats would do very well in the next few elections, as they led most polls, and he was riding on this huge grassroots campaign, so the Republicans went looking for their own grassroots campaign, they half found, half created the Tea Party movement, which consists of a metric shit-ton of different movements that are socially and fiscally very, very conservative - and once they actually win an election, they'll notice how little they have in common, but more on that later.

There's always people who react to change by championing it's opposite, so the progression of civil liberties and equal rights of course caused a reaction in idiots to propagate the opposite, the Tea Party is the PC version of a Doomsday Cult crossed with the KKK;
They don't like brown people, heathens (everyone not Christian, preferrably protestant, and not Lutheran, because that smells of Old Europe), or taxes. And if you don't like taxes you don't like stuff it's spent on, like health care, or unemployment benefits. The only exception being the military, which is awesome.

- Intermission -
Funnily most Tea Partyers are against the current wars because America should take of America first, yet also bomb Iran
- End of Intermission -

What, in the end, made the Tea Party influential is that they consist of what mostly entailed non-voters who had Libertarian ideas too far out to resonate with Republican main stream, and where therefor a mostly untapped bloc of voters, which the Republicans sought to bring into the fold after they apparently decided they could do without the votes of any minority.

So their candidates inched ever more to the right, probably best illustrated by the insanity of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann, at least one of whom believes witchcraft is real, absorbing those far-right votes; sadly, this made many moderates jump ship and paddle hard towards Democrat-Town, so now the Republicans kind of need the votes of what used to be a fringe group of insane hillbillies frothing at the mouth building fallout shelters in the woods of Kentucky from discarded tin foil.

They're the voting bloc that might tip the scale in the Republicans favor, as long as the republicans refuse to woo minorities. That's basically the jist of it.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:50 pm

McLewis wrote:Everyone on the right falling over themselves to laud Carly Fiorina Laughing

She's as crazy as any of them and this debate once again proved it. There's also the small problem of her not actually having an organized campaign put together as well. Apparently, all of her noteriety is powered specifically by her TV appearances. There is literally nothing else behind that right now so while she is no doubt the darling of the debate, she couldn't be further away from being a true candidate.

Ben Carson is simply too timid for most conservatives I think to take seriously, despite his good polling numbers. Chris Christie is on the other end of that spectrum entirely. I think Rand Paul had a solid debate by it's own standards. John Kasich probably did well too. Not sure about Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio though. I don't think they gained anything from this.

And then there's Trump, who was again exposed for his lack of political knowledge. It won't hurt him much, but I think it's got some of his supporters a little nervous, especially considering he still likes to resort to personal insults when backed in a corner.

Carly Fiorina is getting a lot of attention because the is the first an only republican who has actually knocked trump down a notch. Nobody has been able to touch him so far.

But yeah Carly is just as awful as all of them. But if someone like her can deal blows to Trump, I'd love to see him go against Hillary-sama. She would devour his soul right on stage.

Any Relublican against sanders would be an even better show, but I don't want to set my self up for disappointment waiting to see that one.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:53 pm

And out of all the idiotic things said the other night, I'd have to say Jeb! saying he'd put Margaret Thatcher on the $10 bill was the most offensive of them all.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:14 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:And out of all the idiotic things said the other night, I'd have to say Jeb! saying he'd put Margaret Thatcher on the $10 bill was the most offensive of them all.

He definitely lost the Liverpool and Manchester vote with that one. Very Happy
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:13 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:It's kind of a self-fullfilling prophecy.

When Obama had first won the presidency, it seemed as if the Democrats would do very well in the next few elections, as they led most polls, and he was riding on this huge grassroots campaign, so the Republicans went looking for their own grassroots campaign, they half found, half created the Tea Party movement, which consists of a metric shit-ton of different movements that are socially and fiscally very, very conservative - and once they actually win an election, they'll notice how little they have in common, but more on that later.

There's always people who react to change by championing it's opposite, so the progression of civil liberties and equal rights of course caused a reaction in idiots to propagate the opposite, the Tea Party is the PC version of a Doomsday Cult crossed with the KKK;
They don't like brown people, heathens (everyone not Christian, preferrably protestant, and not Lutheran, because that smells of Old Europe), or taxes. And if you don't like taxes you don't like stuff it's spent on, like health care, or unemployment benefits. The only exception being the military, which is awesome.

- Intermission -
Funnily most Tea Partyers are against the current wars because America should take of America first, yet also bomb Iran
- End of Intermission -

What, in the end, made the Tea Party influential is that they consist of what mostly entailed non-voters who had Libertarian ideas too far out to resonate with Republican main stream, and where therefor a mostly untapped bloc of voters, which the Republicans sought to bring into the fold after they apparently decided they could do without the votes of any minority.

So their candidates inched ever more to the right, probably best illustrated by the insanity of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann, at least one of whom believes witchcraft is real, absorbing those far-right votes; sadly, this made many moderates jump ship and paddle hard towards Democrat-Town, so now the Republicans kind of need the votes of what used to be a fringe group of insane hillbillies frothing at the mouth building fallout shelters in the woods of Kentucky from discarded tin foil.

They're the voting bloc that might tip the scale in the Republicans favor, as long as the republicans refuse to woo minorities. That's basically the jist of it.
OK so if I got it right:

1. Republicans responded to their loss in 2008 election by appealing to the far-right segments of the society
2. That made 'moderate' Republican (voters) uncomfortable and they swang to the Democrats
3. That made Republicans even more dependent on far-right votes
4. That made the Tea Party (presumably a formal/informal platform/forum of far-right) rise from a obscure segments of the society to the guiding force of Republican Party

Have I got it right this far???

Now if my understandings are right, the recent loss of the Democrats can be attributed to:

1. Disenchantment among Democrat voters and a large part of whom might have stayed away from voting
2. Far-right mentality was quite prevalent in USA and those people simply stayed away from voting
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:05 am

Scott Walker dropped out today. Wow, what a downfall. From a former second place in the polls (for some polls) to less than half a percent Laughing Absolutely truly embarrassing, even Spurs couldn't mount a choke job like this. People thought he could win the nomination. I thought he could win rofl

To the man who ruined my beautiful home state and continues to ruin it, I say good riddance. You gave up governing your home state for a chance in the big seat, and have failed miserably. The people here are smarter now, and know you don't care for the people of Wisconsin. The people will look at your abject failure and your support will plummet, and indeed, it already has.

Your time as a governor is now limited. After you're done, pllease get the *bleep* out of Wisconsin.

Literally the best news I've gotten in months. Diego Costa doesn't hold a candle to the scumbag that is Scott Walker
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:24 pm

iftikhar wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:It's kind of a self-fullfilling prophecy.

- Intermission -
- End of Intermission -

OK so if I got it right:

1. Republicans responded to their loss in 2008 election by appealing to the far-right segments of the society
2. That made 'moderate' Republican (voters) uncomfortable and they swang to the Democrats
3. That made Republicans even more dependent on far-right votes
4. That made the Tea Party (presumably a formal/informal platform/forum of far-right) rise from a obscure segments of the society to the guiding force of Republican Party

Have I got it right this far???

Now if my understandings are right, the recent loss of the Democrats can be attributed to:

1. Disenchantment among Democrat voters and a large part of whom might have stayed away from voting
2. Far-right mentality was quite prevalent in USA and those people simply stayed away from voting

Yeah you're mostly right.

In general, congressional elections are nowhere near the draw on voters as presidential elections. There were fears that the democrat base may not appear in the numbers it did in 2008 for the 2012 election, but they definitely did. And they likely will again in 2016. They just don't do it for congressional stuff though as most of the disenchantment is directed squarely at Congress.

As for as the prevalence of the ultra conservative state of mind? Not as prevalent as you think. Still a rather small percentage of the population have that type of ideology just as it's the same with ultra-liberal ideology. Most of the US population are largely moderate who then skew slightly to the left or right while some remain firmly in the center. So while the Tea Party may be powerful when it comes to it's say on congressional seats within the GOP, it still doesn't have the overall power and ability to sway enough of the population to their cause in order to elect an actual Tea Party presidential candidate.

Ted Cruz's poll numbers tell that story quite well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:27 pm

CBarca wrote:Scott Walker dropped out today. Wow, what a downfall. From a former second place in the polls (for some polls) to less than half a percent Laughing Absolutely truly embarrassing, even Spurs couldn't mount a choke job like this. People thought he could win the nomination. I thought he could win rofl

To the man who ruined my beautiful home state and continues to ruin it, I say good riddance. You gave up governing your home state for a chance in the big seat, and have failed miserably. The people here are smarter now, and know you don't care for the people of Wisconsin. The people will look at your abject failure and your support will plummet, and indeed, it already has.

Your time as a governor is now limited. After you're done, pllease get the *bleep* out of Wisconsin.

Literally the best news I've gotten in months. Diego Costa doesn't hold a candle to the scumbag that is Scott Walker

Walker just seemed weird to me. I read an expose on him from a reporter embedded with his campaign and she divulged a lot of stuff that just had me puzzled, but ultimately made sense as to why he's now dropping out. For me, the man was simply too much of a politician at a time when people don't want that. He'd have been a good candidate in the last election perhaps, but even then he didn't really have the clout needed to oust Romney. He's still relatively young though so I don't think this is the last we'll see of him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:21 pm

McLewis wrote:As for as the prevalence of the ultra conservative state of mind? Not as prevalent as you think.
I think TTP is same as the ultra-nationalist, far-right parties in Europe, barely crossing 10% in popular support. But what I meant is, these voters stayed away from previous Elections (2008, 2012) as they didn't view them 'fit' to participate. But now they want to flex their muscle and try to tip the result in their favor.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:41 am

That's exactly it. Plus he's incredibly boring and lacks charisma. In an election with Donald Trump as a candidate, he simply couldn't cope. He didn't have the necessary ability to stand out. His answers in the debates were typical of politicians, and wouldn't have looked out of place in other debates from years past. With these however (which are as much an entertainment show as it is a platform for candidates to unveil policies and win over voters, if not more) he faded into the background and couldn't stand out at all.

I'm glad for it though, his immense failure on the national stage will do no good for him. What a muppet. Don't think I've ever hated a politician more than Scott Walker.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:48 am

Hillary's attempts at seeming human coming along okish.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:10 am

There's nothing wrong with Hilary. Just more right-wing bullshit of how "shes a bad person" but when the actual facts come up, they go into hiding. Those same people would vote for donald trump because he's genuine.

Hilary gets alot of crap for being a woman as well. People don't want to admit it but lets be real here, every politician lies to an extent so why single her out?

Kind of scary how good trump is doing in the polls. It also shows the strong racial prejudices america sadly have against dem dere sand *bleep* and er' wetbacks. It wasn't long ago that we were playing world police killing millions of innocent civilians(and still are) and MLK in Birmingham rallying african americans to protest. We still have too many loonies in this country
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:13 am

RealGunner wrote:Is that serious?

I was kidding lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:03 am

Democratic debate is tonight.

Really interested to see how this goes.

Feel the Bern (:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:42 am

Heard Sanders did quite well.

Will USA really vote for a socialist thought when the time comes?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:Heard Sanders did quite well.

Will USA really vote for a socialist thought when the time comes?

No.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:47 pm

If you give him a free pass past the primaries, he wins by default against any Republican imo.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:54 pm

He will never win the primaries though.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Yep. They are already calling him a communist lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:He will never win the primaries though.

Which is why I phrased my statement the way I did.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Guys, would you share some links where I can read about him???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:01 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421369/bernie-sanders-national-socialism
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:24 pm

oh dear, the national review is still at it.

I had a hard core phase of following US politics for a few years around Obama's first campaign, read all the blogs etc, also these right-wing morons when linked too. I'm happy I don't do it anymore.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:34 pm

I haven't read that article. Didn't know national review were right-wing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:39 pm

NationalReview and Breitbart aren't right-wing, they're far right.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:43 pm

Breitbart is my favourite journal to read :bow:

Milo Yiannopoulos Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite