CBarca
jibers
salmano9
76 posters

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Pogba War - Page 4 Empty Re: The Pogba War

Post by Glory Fri 30 Jan 2015, 08:35

Theres a slight confusion i believe here, are we dealing it in Pound sterling or in Euros ?? Are we all on the same page. Its hard to figure out when its not specified.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 30 Jan 2015, 08:36

Does anyone know the wages he's on at Juventus?
The difference between his 'Juve wages' and his 'wages at club X' pretty much decide how badly he wants to move.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri 30 Jan 2015, 08:38

Bénin wrote:City shoul try to get him.

will be one heck of a painful day if that happens.

hope he is not that cruel.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 30 Jan 2015, 08:47

Thing is, Pogba is not his favorite... it's Marchisio. Then it's Vidal.

Pogba has been the best player in Serie A by far and obviously the best on Juve. He's saving Juve on sheer individual brilliance too.

So can he become the best MF in the world? Everyone is betting on it because he is one of the best in the world today as it is. He's not the best yet... but heck he's playing like it now. His current form is better than both Kroos and Modric at their best and i watch both. If he can maintain it for the rest of the season, i see no reason why he can't claim to be the best.

I thought Matic, Kroos and Modric were much better to start the season. But Pogba has caught up to them amazingly. His last month of play has been nothing sort of astonishing. Every game is a highlight reel.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri 30 Jan 2015, 08:48

@borielete. true, except there has to be some reasonable justification for being one.
@lupi. U do realize his market value could drop by then or afterwards? What if he flops in euro 2016? Trust me, the transfer market is very fickle, sensitive and based on the here and now. Hell, its even more inconsistent than bales form or the stock market.
@valk. My thoughts exactly.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri 30 Jan 2015, 09:13

Better than Modric and Kroos ? No way.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 30 Jan 2015, 09:22

Pogba has been absolutely fantastic and he's only 21, now the problem is this forum is dominated by people who don't watch Serie A (For good reason) so people who barely even know what type of player he is, are dismissing him despite not knowing shit about him.

Now I have always called players out on my team when they're playing bad/shit, I put bias aside. But Pogba really has been one of the best MFs in the World this season, he's playing with some fkn serious class and that is obvious for anybody who actually watches him over a long period of time and not the usual

"I have barely seen this player, I don't watch the league therefore he's massively overrated" Strong logic is strong.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri 30 Jan 2015, 09:25

Valkyrja wrote:Better than Modric and Kroos ? No way.

yes, better than both
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Fri 30 Jan 2015, 11:16

huntsman wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Better than Modric and Kroos ? No way.

yes, better than both

I am a Juventus fan but mmm dunno Modric is incredible to be honest. I do however think Pogba will surpass him as very close as 1-2 seasons only. He is like vieira but with more talent and technical ability. If he works as hard as patrick during his career ( who i rate as the best cdm and two way running midfielder in the last 15 years due to his work rate ) then he will go down as the best in his generation for his position. Imagine vieira with the ability to skill players and score crucial goals neally ever game? well that's what pogba is turning into.I love Patrick more then anyone even the biggest arsenal fans but i think pogba will have him in the future. If i was an oil team forking out 80 mil wouldn't be painful considering some of the players going for 20-30 these days
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Fri 30 Jan 2015, 11:21

Someone clone vieria please and bring that god back. Make him play in a two man central midfield with pogba nothing would get past haha
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 30 Jan 2015, 11:43

The thing is that all these guys have a specialty and also very tangible flaws (whether physical limitations or in their game)... Pogba has his specialties but no flaws. That separates him.

In France, they call him the Ibra of midfielders because he's such a physical freak to go with technique... i think it's an apt comparison.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri 30 Jan 2015, 12:01

This thread is full of extreme views.

"Pogba is the best midfielder in the world" Laughing

"Pogba could go for 200m" Laughing

"Pogba isn't any good because he plays in Serie A" Laughing

"Pogba is the best midfielder in Serie A by far" Laughing

You're all retarded. Seriously.

Why ruin the reputation a legitimately talented player by over-hyping him? He's a great young player and if he is sold he will go for a relatively high transfer fee to take into account his potential growth. He was a starter for France at the WC and won the U-21 World Cup as their captain. However, he still has ways to go in his development and if he was sold tomorrow, it would not be for a world-record fee.

Equally, people who dismiss Pogba because they don't rate Serie A or because he's not already as good as Zidane (has any 21 year old ever been as good as prime Zidane?) are just plain stupid.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 30 Jan 2015, 13:44

salmano9 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Best midfielder on the planet Laughing

What has he done to deserve this acclaim Laughing

He wasn't even that great at the WC and as of right now he's done zilch in the CL, I haven't watched much of Juve this year but last year both Vidal and Pirlo were better.

That is an insult, cuz clearly you do not watch Serie A (anymore). Lol do you know that he is our best midfielder this season, saving our ass almost every game. In the CL, who scored the winner vs olympiacos? He is our key MF ths season lol...

Who said I don't watch Serie A? I said I haven't watched much Juventus.

Who cares if he's been your best midfielder this season? Doesn’t translate to anything and Olympiakos? Lol seriously is that all you got?

Your proving my point exactly, you're crowning him before he's even the king. When he actually proves himself against elite competition then we can have this discussion, until then no.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 30 Jan 2015, 15:10

the overrating of Pogba this season is about the same as watching Bale score long shots and thinking he can be as good as CR and Messi
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri 30 Jan 2015, 15:20

I hope Mehdrid concentrate on this dude and ignore the real deal Verratti.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri 30 Jan 2015, 15:22

There's some definite overhype in here, but at the same time Pogba is legitimately one of the top 5 young players in the world at a pivotal position on the pitch. Hell, you could definitely make an argument for him being amongst the top 5 midfielders in football at this point, and he is still only 21. Considering, as has been mentioned, which players have gone for huge amounts of money 80m is not absurd at all. I can definitely see him going from 70-90m.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri 30 Jan 2015, 15:43

Fußball wrote:I hope Mehdrid concentrate on this dude and ignore the real deal Verratti.

I also rate Verratti and Thiago higher than him. But the latter is at Bayern and the former isn't a 'galactico'. Not like Thiago is one either Laughing . Knowing Uncle Flo he'll go for Pogba this summer or the next. He'll probably be Modric's long term replacement.

Comparing him to Vieira, probably the best midfielder of the PL era is a bit of a stretch. The latter could be one at one point of the match the best AM and at another point the best DM. His presence was fantastic. I see Pogba as more of a Yaya, but possibly better.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri 30 Jan 2015, 16:25

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Theres a slight confusion i believe here, are we dealing it in Pound sterling or in Euros ?? Are we all on the same page. Its hard to figure out when its not specified.

In Euros of course Smile It will be insane if it was in pounds lol
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri 30 Jan 2015, 16:33

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
salmano9 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Best midfielder on the planet Laughing

What has he done to deserve this acclaim Laughing

He wasn't even that great at the WC and as of right now he's done zilch in the CL, I haven't watched much of Juve this year but last year both Vidal and Pirlo were better.

That is an insult, cuz clearly you do not watch Serie A (anymore). Lol do you know that he is our best midfielder this season, saving our ass almost every game. In the CL, who scored the winner vs olympiacos? He is our key MF ths season lol...

Who said I don't watch Serie A? I said I haven't watched much Juventus.

Who cares if he's been your best midfielder this season? Doesn’t translate to anything and Olympiakos? Lol seriously is that all you got?

Your proving my point exactly, you're crowning him before he's even the king. When he actually proves himself against elite competition then we can have this discussion, until then no.

Obviously, you don't watch him play and that is why you don't rate him high.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri 30 Jan 2015, 23:14

Bankz wrote:@borielete. true, except there has to be some reasonable justification for being one.
@lupi. U do realize his market value could drop by then or afterwards? What if he flops in euro 2016? Trust me, the transfer market is very fickle, sensitive and based on the here and now. Hell, its even more inconsistent than bales form or the stock market.
@valk. My thoughts exactly.

With so many club being injected by cash from Sponsors to Arab owners and etc. I cant see how the market is going to slow down. Its fundamental in Marketing, need/want/demand. I am not saying he is the best midfielder in the world but he is up there there aren't many who reached the same level in his age at the current market.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat 31 Jan 2015, 02:52

I would accept lavezzi,cavani and veratti in a trade for pogba if they want a tini bit of money psq can have it.

lavezzi-tevez
  cavani  

now thats what i call an attack

As a Juve fan I am not convinced by Berardi, i no he has an amazing goal scoring record for someone as young as him but he just seems like a meh player. hopefully I'm wrong as for ZAZA he deserves a club like lazio,sampdoria, fiorentina not juventus
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 03:24

marottalad wrote:I would accept lavezzi,cavani and veratti in a trade for pogba if they want a tini bit of money psq can have it.

lavezzi-tevez
  cavani  

As a Juve fan I am not convinced by Berardi, i no he has an amazing goal scoring record for someone as young as him but he just seems like a meh player. hopefully I'm wrong as for ZAZA he deserves a club like lazio,sampdoria, fiorentina not juventus

Lol, meh, I wouldn't want Cavani and Lavezzi, cuz they are not good for the long run. we need an isco, firmino, Dybala... Someone for the future. A new Ibra? Sad
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat 31 Jan 2015, 04:22

salmano9 wrote:
marottalad wrote:I would accept lavezzi,cavani and veratti in a trade for pogba if they want a tini bit of money psq can have it.

lavezzi-tevez
  cavani  

Lol, meh, I wouldn't want Cavani and Lavezzi, cuz they are not good for the long run. we need an isco, firmino, Dybala... Someone for the future. A new Ibra? Sad

That's why we have coman and morata on the bench champ:) for the future.

I just don't think we can secure even promising players like firmino isco or dybala so the swaps mentioned is the best we can hope for as a juve fan.. i want to be proven wrong of course.

I actually think we will get Jackson Martinez... now he is quality. He has been linked with a move to juve, he said he wants to play in serie a and we can offer him a league title and champions league football every year. He is already convinced. As for the rest of the squad we have absolutely no idea what's going to happen because without selling pogba we won't be bringing in many players as we have to pay for a lot of co ownerships and installment fees, but if we sell pogba we will have heaps of coin or we can swap him for players. We could end up as a team on chelsea,psg's level or we will end up like dortmund and tottenham.

At the moment i rate us somewhere in the middle to tottenham and psg level

The money is there... adidas deal next years cl qualification plus if we sell pogba we should have no excuses to at least get someone like jackson martinez in
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Insoucious Sun 08 Feb 2015, 13:23

Raiola gave an interview to a French TV show, the journalist asked him if Pogba would beat Cristiano Ronaldo transfer record, he answered "Yes". I think he would leave for 95/100M€
Insoucious
Insoucious
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 08 Feb 2015, 13:31

Raiola is starting the marketing and PR campaign for Pogba for this summer... the last time he talked to french reporters was before Matuidi's extension and Ibra's extension before that.  It's pretty standard.  Just doing his job.  The more money a club pays for Pogba, the more money Raiola makes.  His fee is a % of the transfer fee and wages.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun 08 Feb 2015, 15:50

I would really spend those Pogba money on Koke and Quintero + LB, Sell Llorente and get another striker.

------------Vidal-----Marchisio----Koke---
--------------------Quintero--------------
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down