Cuadrado to Chelsea; Schurrle to Wolfsburg - What does this mean?

+17
Rev
Art Morte
LeBéninois
rwo power
Katy Perry
El Gunner
Robespierre
Casciavit
Unique
RealGunner
Gil
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Rebaño Sagrado
futbol
salmano9
McAgger
Blue Barrett
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cuadrado to Chelsea; Schurrle to Wolfsburg - What does this mean? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cuadrado to Chelsea; Schurrle to Wolfsburg - What does this mean?

Post by Unique Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
MR BOND wrote:I think Chelsea will be lucky to get 15m for schurrle tbh.

We got £23m Laughing

tbh. you did fooking well

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Cuadrado to Chelsea; Schurrle to Wolfsburg - What does this mean? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cuadrado to Chelsea; Schurrle to Wolfsburg - What does this mean?

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:12 pm

I've the first memory about Cuadrado when he debuted with Udinese kit against us . It was Udinese-Inter 2-3 (milestone for our last scudetto)  and he played a great match ,  noone had listened to talk about him before of that match , maybe Mourinho still reminds me.
Anyway after that match Udinese used him always in a wrong way.  He represents still one of few rating errors made by Udinese . they usually overprice their players, it wasn't for Cuadrado.
Then he went in Lecce .At the beginning he showed good things , him and Muriel were the only two players to have tried to save the Lecce from relegation (then Muriel proved  to be a fraud )  , basically he showed good thing when he attackes but he was awful to defend . And the gap among defensive ability - attacking ability increased clearly ..I remind an Inter- Lecce played played before of Christmas day where Yuto Nagatomo destroyed Cuadrado as  fullback at that time, Nagatomo played his best match with Inter kit Laughing , and the only good thing made by Cuadrado was the goal scored by Lecce, made of his progression hmm
So Serse Cosmi , Lecce manager at that time, guessed Cuadrado had to play  in another role indeed , and he changed from fullback to winger. It was the turning at his career . Well , Cosmi is  a manager very average tactically but he has good insight about it. He is the manager who developed Fabio Grosso WC 2006 legend as fullback when I remind he played as N°10 for years in Chieti.
So according Aristotelian syllogism Cosmi is a WC legend.
He was signed by Fiorentina already as winger and he improved further under Montella who developed him completely..
Except this year because he is playing as SS Laughing

I don't think he is worthy of 33 mln but all EPL players overprice the player , City   signed Bony at same price.
 Cuadrado - Schurrle ?
 Two different players, I appreciate Schurrle because he is a player very concrete, but probably atm Chelsea needed more of a player as Cuadrado.
And Schurrle didn't want to stay on bench still for much time , in this football you must consider also the desire of players.
Cuadrado will accepet much easily to stay at bench
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:If he can bring what Willian brings to the table AND add goals to it, it'll be more than enough tbh.

I don't think he can what Willian brings defensively but he's much better from a creative sense and is probably a bigger goal threat.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Glad for Schurrle. Deserves better than the Chelsea bench.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:36 pm

It means that we'll have a player that can have the same impact we have on the left on the right. Unlike Willy, he's a true RW and someone with an actual end product. He's very unpredictable in his play, he's a tremendous dribbler, not there with Messi and Hazard but very close, he always manages to beat his man and create an occasion, he has a good longshot so he's going to be useful against PTB teams. Plus he's faster than anyone we already have so he's going to be deadly on the counter as well.

Should've just paid the whole buy-out clause sooner instead of trying to lower his price. No team in the world sells their best player in january for a discount price, because there's less time to find a replacement and for him to settle in. He would've played against Bradford and we would've progressed. That was stupid from Mou but either way, I'm glad he joined us.

Schuerrle was going to be sold anyway at the end of the season when we would have brought Thorgan and is an inferior player than Cuadrado, so I don't feel bad about his sale.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:15 am

Katy Perry wrote:Schuerrle was going to be sold anyway at the end of the season when we would have brought Thorgan and is an inferior player than Cuadrado, so I don't feel bad about his sale.
In his last interview yesterday, Max Eberl sounded very confident of being able to buy Thorgan Hazard permantly, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:40 am

Another Contreao-like transfer. Cuadradk is a player I enjoy watching but 33 millions for him when you have Willian already is a bit too much. It might turn out like the Marcelo/Contreao situation. Cuadrado is not a goalscorer so I wouldn't expect that from him but under Mourinho he might improve. His pace is great but this is PL , even Navas is struggling atm. He's not a great dribbler is tight space but he always tries something and he's unpredictable.
Imo , He's not what I'd call a Mourinho-player.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:52 am

Only seen him at the World Cup, but he looked good there, someone who can make things happen with the ball, whether it's dribbling or passing.

Like it's been said, most likely going to replace Willian (who could now become the next Schurrle and this time next year we can have a thread about Willian being sold and Remy leaving on loan because Mourinho rotates so little), meaning Chelsea will have someone at RW who contributes more in attack than Willian.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:48 am

Always imagined him at RWB. Someone who can defend yet shouldn't be the last line of defence, especially when facing stronger opposition.

The transfer fee is humongous though. Does he deserve to be a 30m+ player considering he has 6 goals and 4 assists this season as a SS/RW ? I know stats aren't everything but he IS an attacker...
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sumon_blue Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:26 am

We have more flexibility with Cuadrado.
we can use 3-5-2 ( if needed )
---------Thiba--------
--Ivanovic--Terry--Cahill--
Willian--Cesc--Matic--Oscar--Cuadrado
---------Hazard--Costa------

Best dribbler of Italy and best dribbler of England is in same team. banana
Cuadrado to Chelsea; Schurrle to Wolfsburg - What does this mean? - Page 2 2543
sumon_blue
sumon_blue
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:28 pm

Chelsea are close to finalising a £23.3m deal to sign Fiorentina's 26-year-old winger Juan Cuadrado.
The Colombian has already agreed personal terms with the Premier League leaders and the clubs are concluding the final details of the move.
The total fee, with add-ons, could eventually be £26.8m - a figure that matches Cuadrado's release clause at the Italian club.

Cuadrado's imminent arrival also means Chelsea's 24-year-old German forward Andre Schurrle is now almost certain to leave Stamford Bridge before Monday's transfer deadline.
German club Wolfsburg have opened discussions on a potential £22m deal.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31053727

Pretty much balancing the books as Schurrle wanted to leave for first team and Cuadrado is in the same bracket as Schurrle albeit different styles of play.

Chelsea have become a lot better in the market in the last couple of years. pale
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:11 pm

It's ridiculous how Chelsea keep getting top money for players they're not keen to keep anyway Mad
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:26 pm

£23m is pretty good tbh. Was reading it would be 40m or something.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:36 am

sumon_blue wrote:We have more flexibility with Cuadrado.
we can use 3-5-2 ( if needed )
---------Thiba--------
--Ivanovic--Terry--Cahill--
Willian--Cesc--Matic--Oscar--Cuadrado
---------Hazard--Costa------

Best dribbler of Italy and best dribbler of England is in same team. banana
Cuadrado to Chelsea; Schurrle to Wolfsburg - What does this mean? - Page 2 2543

Cahill in a 3-5-2...are you kidding me? Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:01 pm

is it me or Cuadrado is being ostracized hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:07 pm

I anticipate him being loaned out to Italy before the transfer window shuts.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Pedro is available.

Just saying. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:41 pm

If Mourinho is as bad of person as some people think he would have made Cuadrado play today.

He is really protecting that flop. Too skinny to even warm the bench for Oscar the way Mata use to.

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:55 pm

If he spoke Portuguese then i am sure Mourinho would play him :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:02 pm

EL Patron wrote:If he spoke Portuguese then i am sure Mourinho would play him :coffee:

If you speak Spanish then you can speak portuguese Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:05 am

EL Patron wrote:If he spoke Portuguese then i am sure Mourinho would play him :coffee:

Clearly that did not help Flipe Luis, him and Azpi should have been our FBs.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next