Winter is Coming
windkick
Donuts
Doc
futbol
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

La Liga: FC Barcelona 3 - Villarreal CF 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga: FC Barcelona 3 - Villarreal CF 2

Post by futbol Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:00 pm

What happened to Barca's defense, fss.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

La Liga: FC Barcelona 3 - Villarreal CF 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga: FC Barcelona 3 - Villarreal CF 2

Post by _LMG_10_ Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Rafinha I think was man of the match.
Messi gave up too many balls, despite producing the first goal and scoring the third.
Suarez was poor in the first half but got more involved in the second half with great passing. I think Neymar should have been subbed not Suarez. Suarez's reaction was justified. Neymar had a very poor game.
I don't what happened to the defending. Villarreal were always dangerous coming forward and I felt they could score at any time. Even when we got the momentum at 3-2, I was still scared shitless.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:08 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:Rafinha I think was man of the match.
Messi gave up too many balls, despite producing the first goal and scoring the third.
Laughing There's always one.

Yeah Messi gave the ball to his team mates too many times. He played the game in a completely different level to others. Rafinha had also fine game.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Harmonica, gifs pls!

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Neymar had a poor game today tbh despite scoring just when we needed it.
Lol, that standard he set for himself.
Could do better next game.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:18 pm

Btw, why was missrez furious? I've seeing others substituted for his sake, even when he had stinkers
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Btw, why was missrez furious? I've seeing others substituted for his sake, even when he had stinkers
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:27 pm

also how could i forget, alba was disgustingly bad...
pique had one brainfart tbh but alba... sheesh.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:30 pm

Bankz wrote:Btw, why was missrez furious? I've seeing others substituted for his sake, even when he had stinkers

Looks frustrated at himself more than anything. Looked to me like the pressure of not scoring is getting to him
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Suarez was poor in the first half but got more involved in the second half with great passing. I think Neymar should have been subbed not Suarez. Suarez's reaction was justified. Neymar had a very poor game.
I don't what happened to the defending. Villarreal were always dangerous coming forward and I felt they could score at any time. Even when we got the momentum at 3-2, I was still scared shitless.

Yea man. As mentioned earlier the front line of Villarreal is really, really dynamic and creative. Honestly think they may give us a harder time than Atletico in the Copa.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdar Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:34 pm

Messi would have 5 assists today if others performed in his level
Suarez became Torres of Chelsea. I think he should play in right wing.His strength is pressing and making U turn tricks. It will work great in wings.He will help Alves too. Messi should be center striker. Its a shame to play such brilliant scorer away from the goal

adamdar
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:28 am

Harmonica wrote:
Laughing There's always one.

Yeah Messi gave the ball to his team mates too many times. He played the game in a completely different level to others. Rafinha had also fine game.

There's always one what?
You need to relax, I'm one of the biggest proponents of Messi there is. All I'm saying is that he wasn't as lethal as he usually is on the ball, especially considering his recent form.
We all know Messi is on another level to his teammates so we set a different standard for him. That's why I nominated Rafinha for man of the match, despite Messi doing more for the team.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:35 am

Hello! I'm back! Now that the rats are finnally fleeing the ship, I am enjoying our Barça again. I'm very optimistic with the season ahead.

Just want to say that those who think Suarez is playing badly don't know anything about football!! Dude is a fantastic player who does almost everything well! Only thing he is missing, is good finishing. He is missing chances a player of his ability shouldn't miss (two more yesterday!). But this also happened to Neymar his first season, and now look at him!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:36 am

His overall contribution isn't bad, he's exactly the player we need. But his finishing isn't the only thing hindering him at the moment, it's his unfamiliarity with Messi, Neymar and tactics overall. He often doesn't know what to do when ball is delivered him in tight spaces, and because he has to think the positions too much, it affects his composure, shots, first touches and so on. Only thing which he needs to improve is familiarity, which will come in time. Like it did with Neymar.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Fußball wrote:
Doc wrote:While they are in fine form, Villareal doesn't actually have the finest record there. Wouldn't be pushovers but I'm pretty sure Barcelona can handle Villareal.

Nice try, dawg. Clubber

The "handle" part would be left to interpretation but it was not only a nice try but a correct one too...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Still wonder how you came to the conclusion that Villarreal doesn't have the finest record in Camp Nou. scratch

1-2 in 07/08
3-3 in 08/09
1-1 in 09/10
Narrow 2-1 in 13/14 (penalty made the difference)

Only 11/12 was a walkover (5-0) but that was the first game of the season and Villarreal didn't look half-arsed at that point of the season.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:10 pm

I didn't mean it like it was absolutely shit stain terrible, just not something I would call "a great record". From what I saw, at home, Barcelona have 8 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses against Villareal scoring 33 to 19. I personally don't find that the finest record in favour of Villareal but if I'm being harsh, then, yeah, sorry.

Still was rather correct about the win though. Barcelona's new manager has really improved things.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:25 pm

free_cat wrote:Hello! I'm back! Now that the rats are finnally fleeing the ship, I am enjoying our Barça again. I'm very optimistic with the season ahead.

Just want to say that those who think Suarez is playing badly don't know anything about football!! Dude is a fantastic player who does almost everything well! Only thing he is missing, is good finishing. He is missing chances a player of his ability shouldn't miss (two more yesterday!). But this also happened to Neymar his first season, and now look at him!
Welcome back Free cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:25 pm

free_cat wrote:Hello! I'm back! Now that the rats are finnally fleeing the ship, I am enjoying our Barça again. I'm very optimistic with the season ahead.

Welcome Back :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:52 pm

I'm watching now (at about the 24th minute mark) and have no idea why you guys were complaining about the defense. So far our defense has been magistral, Suarez is getting into some nice positions and could've scored twice already (Asenjo had a very good save at one point), and Messi is playing some nice passes. Villareal have almost been spectators and  I think Bravo has yet to make a save. Also nice to see Iniesta making runs into the area and generally being more involved in chance creation.

Edit: First goal soon after that. Counter starts as a pass from Neymar to Messi gets intercepted. Mountains of space in the right wing that neither Rafinha or Alves are covering and Vietto takes a poor shot from there in spite of being able to take his time with it. Masche clears it back to Vietto ( :facepalm: ), who passes it to an unmarked JDS ( Alba :facepalm: ) who crosses it. Masche clears this to the opposition AGAIN ( :facepalm: ). Mario strikes to nowhere but it makes it to Cherishev and he finishes it perfectly. Completely against the flow of the game.

Edit 2: 2nd big chance by Villareal, who have really grown into the match, Alves is on the last 10 meters of the pitch, crosses it in, bounces around a few players then Messi, who loses it to a CB. Quick counter ensues. Again through the right wing to Cherishev, who attempts a cross which Pique clears... into the box. Vietto and Masche run for it, Vietto wins but heads it straight into Bravo's hands.

No important brain farts as in the goal but some trends are showing up. When Alba goes really far up the pitch Iniesta stays behind to protect the shape, Rafinha is not doing this when Alves attacks and the team is suffering for it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:46 am

the brainfart was from pique when he gifted them the second goal.

alba also went in alves mode in terms of bad crosses + didn't help much defensively.

rafinha did cover the rb position more towards the end of the game
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:54 am

is this so far the best match from Rafinha ??? i guess so.
Also glad to see Gio with his lighning speed and also did well to cutback rather than shooting that created their 2nd goal.
Our quick reaction  was the key to win the game and deservedly so. Iniesta was far better. he did more than just passing it to Alba, moved on to the space hold the ball until it necessery to pass.
i wonder in how many games this season, Messi and Neymar scored together. I think scoring two forward so frequently is unmatched by any teams in the world at the moment.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Masche clears it back to Vietto ( :facepalm: ), who passes it to an unmarked JDS ( Alba :facepalm: ) who crosses it. Masche clears this to the opposition AGAIN ( :facepalm: ).

It's beyond me how Mascherano is picked as a starting CB by every coach when he is probably the poorest CB we had since Christanval. It is even more astonishing when you see how good he is playing at the moment as DM. He has improved a lot with the ball and his defensive abilities clearly surpass Busquets' when he has two CB that cover him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:38 am

It's because the alternatives are worse or injured.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Fußball wrote:It's because the alternatives are worse or injured.

Bartra is way better than Mascherano and Mathieu marginally better. You can't have an error prone nil in the air CB like Mascherano.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:33 pm

Whether Bartra is better is unknown but certainly doubtful. He had an awful game against bottom team Elche in La Liga with numerous mistakes just 2 weeks ago and got destroyed by pace against Almeria a few months ago. That's 2 of the 4 games he has started in La Liga and they were full of big mistakes, don't remember the other 2 games off the top of my head. He simply doesn't play enough at the highest level, can't rate good games in Copa or against easy opponents against Masche's constant games against toughest opponents and the fact that he doesn't play much under 3 different managers might give a clue about his quality and why he doesn't displace Mascherano. Even aerially Bartra is no security, he lost his marker on the corner kick against Villarreal last season.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next