Daredevil || Netflix

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Daredevil || Netflix

Post by zigra on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:25 pm

@Blue Barrett wrote:
@zigra wrote:Meh. Started really well but in the end I was glad it was over. Disappointed.

Spoiler:

Lack of a true opponent was my biggest problem. Seemed all over the place without. Realised how much I missed it as soon as we got Fisk back.
Oh and as I just finished it.... did they really have to bring the Punisher in for the final fight if all he did was shooting 2 or 3 random assassins?

Not bad, but not close to season 1 either.

Spoiler:
No "true adversary"? The problem with that line of reasoning is that you(and many others that think like that) think superhero stories ALWAYS have to be about the clearly defined "bad guy" vs the clearly defined "good guy". Yet you're the same people who will complain about "superhero fatigue" with the whole "it's the same thing every time" when they keep doing that.

This season, they've tackled story lines straight out of the comics that deal with ideologies. What's right and what's wrong? How far can you really go to fight crime? What does it take to be a hero? Grey areas and what not. It's the same issue generally being tackled by Batman V Superman and Civil War in the movies this year. You need to appreciate the different approach to storytelling that the writers are bringing to us.

Not to mention they fully introduced The Hand, which we'll deal with at length in the Iron Fist show, presumably, and also in The Defenders show. Again, I think your priorities are misplaced and your expectations are weird.

Yeah no.
Spoiler:

The problem is they DID have an antagonist, just a bad one. That's what I wanted to say, but I wrote this right after finishing the last episode hmm Sure they introduced the hand, but seriously? It's just as m99 said. Generic fodder assassins. And yes maybe that's going to change in the future but right now they were the prime antagonist for this season and they were boring.

The Punisher on the other hand was actually the one thing I did REALLY like. The storyline about him was the least of my problem apart from probably the ending but whatever. In fact I would have liked the season far more if they made it more about the Punisher and gave him more interaction with DD.

@M99 wrote:
@zigra wrote:Meh. Started really well but in the end I was glad it was over. Disappointed.

Spoiler:

Lack of a true opponent was my biggest problem. Seemed all over the place without. Realised how much I missed it as soon as we got Fisk back.
Oh and as I just finished it.... did they really have to bring the Punisher in for the final fight if all he did was shooting 2 or 3 random assassins?

I agree with you, there is a drop in quality in the end. The finale was just such a massive cliche fest SMH.

Spoiler:
The season got weaker once Kingpin disappeared again. Colonel Schnoover being the Blacksmith was oh so convenient, did not like that sideplot at all. And as I said, the finale was full of cliches, that Elektra-Daredevil conversation basically was a spoiler to her fate. I'm glad they did not beat around the bush and straight up showed she would be resurrected though. Best part of the finale was all the setting up of the inevitable Punisher series.

Nobu and the ninjas were useless antagonists. The ninjas were just fodder like the League in Arrow and Nobu showed no personality and we felt no serious threat coming from him at all. They really need to get Bullseye in season 3 to create a serious antagonist other than Fisk.

Completely agree with that.

zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:03 am

The acting between Charlie Cox and Jon Bernthal in episode 3 :bow: :bow: :bow:

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:50 am

Finished the season.

Really hope they give us a Punisher show

Keep that garbage Jessica Jones in the dark

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:24 am

@LeVersacci wrote:Finished the season.

Really hope they give us a Punisher show

Keep that garbage Jessica Jones in the dark

You white male pig imo.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:28 am

@zigra wrote:
@Blue Barrett wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
No "true adversary"? The problem with that line of reasoning is that you(and many others that think like that) think superhero stories ALWAYS have to be about the clearly defined "bad guy" vs the clearly defined "good guy". Yet you're the same people who will complain about "superhero fatigue" with the whole "it's the same thing every time" when they keep doing that.

This season, they've tackled story lines straight out of the comics that deal with ideologies. What's right and what's wrong? How far can you really go to fight crime? What does it take to be a hero? Grey areas and what not. It's the same issue generally being tackled by Batman V Superman and Civil War in the movies this year. You need to appreciate the different approach to storytelling that the writers are bringing to us.

Not to mention they fully introduced The Hand, which we'll deal with at length in the Iron Fist show, presumably, and also in The Defenders show. Again, I think your priorities are misplaced and your expectations are weird.

Yeah no.
Spoiler:

The problem is they DID have an antagonist, just a bad one. That's what I wanted to say, but I wrote this right after finishing the last episode hmm Sure they introduced the hand, but seriously? It's just as m99 said. Generic fodder assassins. And yes maybe that's going to change in the future but right now they were the prime antagonist for this season and they were boring.

No, it was neither bad nor boring. Saying that is saying it as if it's fact. You THINK it was bad/boring. And that's fine. Everyone has opinions. Can't satisfy everyone with everything.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Santos

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:54 am

What was wrong with Jessica Jones lol? It's as good as Daredevil.

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:33 am

Hope Foggy dies soon. Pisses me off greatly. Most punchable face I've ever seen.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:36 am

finished the first season

unreal show

jk, it was pretty decent though, fisk was a compelling character, props to the actor (his cardio skills are on point for a slob) was not a fan of karen or foggy in the slightest

still lukewarm on daredevil himself and i stand by my comment on how the fight choreography while good is hardly up there with the best i've seen on TV

enjoyed it more than majority of superhero movies i've seen, but hoping the punisher delivers, worried with (presumably) the lack of kingpin to keep the show interesting in S2

Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:51 am

@Blue Barrett wrote:No, it was neither bad nor boring. Saying that is saying it as if it's fact. You THINK it was bad/boring. And that's fine. Everyone has opinions. Can't satisfy everyone with everything.

Oh come on now you don't always have to say "I think it was boring" or "in my oppinion it's bad". It's obvious it's just an oppinion if we're talking about something that cannot even be a fact.

Especially rich coming from someone who said "Yet you're the same people who will complain about "superhero fatigue" with the whole "it's the same thing every time" when they keep doing that." as if it was a fact.

So please let's put that to bed, no need to argue over technicalities hmm
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:36 am

@Freeza wrote:Hope Foggy dies soon. Pisses me off greatly. Most punchable face I've ever seen.
Didn't like him in the beginning but he & Karen grew on me.

Only supporting cast I hated was that big lawyer hoe

Whereas in JJ I hated everyone except Luke and Trish to a degree.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Considering this show is supposedly in the same universe as the MCU, some characters sure have problems believing in ninjas rofl

Probably my biggest problem with comic book shows atm. People not believing in things that doesn't seem that outrageous.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Nice to see they're going the Arrow route. Getting that Karen storyline all the time.

Useless female characters getting all the screen time. Rather watch Claire or Elektra. But we get that chick...

Also hope the Punisher show happens. But please for the love of god don't give him another shit side character

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:23 pm

I don't mind Karen at all.

Felicity on the other hand made me retire from Arrow.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:29 pm

@LeVersacci wrote:I don't mind Karen at all.

Felicity on the other hand made me retire from Arrow.

same.

Although she's starting to grow a bit annoying gradually from what I've seen so far.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:32 pm

the punisher
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:54 pm

I don't mind Karen either. But Elektra scenes over her anyday tbh.

@Firenze wrote:finished the first season

unreal show

jk, it was pretty decent though, fisk was a compelling character, props to the actor (his cardio skills are on point for a slob) was not a fan of karen or foggy in the slightest

still lukewarm on daredevil himself and i stand by my comment on how the fight choreography while good is hardly up there with the best i've seen on TV

enjoyed it more than majority of superhero movies i've seen, but hoping the punisher delivers, worried with (presumably) the lack of kingpin to keep the show interesting in S2

@Firenze wrote:the punisher

DAT feel when I am going to be the last one to finish the show in here.

Kingpin was amazing but Punisher is even better IMO.
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Karen is useless. I swear she's had the most screen time since episode 4. Almost completely lost me. I find myself browsing the web when she's on

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:10 pm

loved punisher since the spiderman cartoons in the late 90s

remember watching some movies with the actor from the mist that were goat too

shane from TWD is GOAT though, needs his own series or movies
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:11 pm

He was made to be the Punisher. Won't look out of place in MCU movies when he does show up at some point.

Unlike some of the Arrow fanboys who thinks Arrow characters should be in DC universe rofl

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:17 pm

@RealGunner wrote:He was made to be the Punisher. Won't look out of place in MCU movies when he does show up at some point.

Unlike some of the Arrow fanboys who thinks Arrow characters should be in DC universe rofl

Wanna bet he doesn't show up or even gets mentioned in an MCU movie?

He's already killed more people than died in Age of Ultron after 1 episode.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:18 pm

agreed with freeza

imagine him in the MCU rofl

i assume netflix have the rights anyway? they better do something with him ffs
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Marvel are sponsoring it. They own the rights for DD, Punisher, Elektra etc.

I don't think these characters will ever be shown as big in MCU. However I do think they might make cameos at some point. If they are making future spiderman films for example then Kingpin is bound to make an appearance and spiderman and DD have teamed up quite a lot in the past so there is that too.

It won't happen anytime soon but maybe around infinity wars part 2.
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:29 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Marvel are sponsoring it. They own the rights for DD, Punisher, Elektra etc.

I don't think these characters will ever be shown as big in MCU. However I do think they might make cameos at some point. If they are making future spiderman films for example then Kingpin is bound to make an appearance and spiderman and DD have teamed up quite a lot in the past so there is that too.

It won't happen anytime soon but maybe around infinity wars part 2.

Meh. Doubt they're ever gonna show up. Marvel owns the rights, but it'll stay separate. Kingpin ain't bound to be in a Spider-Man movie. The last thing Spider-Man lacks is villains.

Pretty sure Feige even confirmed they won't cross over. They aren't even produced by the same people. Pearlmutter runs TV from what I understand and Feige is head of films, and they hate each other. They haven't even mentioned Coulson being alive yet Laughing

Separate is also better. Publishers killings is a major plot inconsistency with Marvels films.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:33 pm

Also has there even been a single MCU reference this season? That isn't the framed article.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:12 pm

Finished it. First 4 or 5 episodes were absolutely amazing. Then it dropped off. Punisher was amazing throughout,
Spoiler:
but he basically disappeared not even halfway through.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:38 am

elektra stuff is a snoozefest ffs
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down