Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Bring Big Andy home.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:33 pm

I'm starting to think Lacazette is not the best option, especially for the few he's going to command.

I wouldn't mind adding a guy like Patrick Herrmann...he'd fit in very nicely with Rodgers' style.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Also the two guys I would think are the most 'realistic' and 'dream' signings for a 'ready-made' midfielder with Gerrard leaving would be Lars Bender or Blaise Matuidi (in that order). I'm not sure how available either of them are, and they'd both command a hefty fee, but I could see Matuidi being convinced if Sakho really settles and PSG fails to win their league or get to the final 4 in the CL.

Bender I think would be the better and easier target, but meh. We'll see...they seem set on Pjanic.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:50 am

If we're in for Pjanic, then Roma's ailing form is good news for us. Should they fail to get in the CL, buying players from them would become a little easier (probably).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:21 am

sorry but Bender will not provide anything new what we do not have. Pjanic can not only play if Hendo is missing/injured but also provides different elements compared to Henderson, Allen and Lucas. If people forget, we already have Can so no Bender pls. The biggest point about Bender is his tackling but for that alone getting a midfielder is unnecessary according to me. Bender does play forward passes but if we have Lucas, Allen, Can and Henderson, I would like to have a different kind of player.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:43 pm

I want Bernd Leno from Bundesliga if we're looking at that market. We still to sign a GK in the summer since Jones' contract is over and Mignolet needs to be kept on his toes. Plus as good as Mig is doing Leno is already as good if not better than him and has world class potential as well. No brainer for me. We have a good relationship with Leverkusen as well.

My realistic list of signings for the summer: Leno, Pjanic, Vietto, Ings

Would be absolutely overjoyed if that happens. Leno and Pjanic would walk in to our starting XI and Vietto most likely would as well if Sturridge's injury woes continue. Ings bosman rotation guy better than Mario-Fabio-Lambo combined for our system.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:24 pm

Leno would be a starter, right? Both Mig & Leno being young wouldn't be an enticing situation for either. So, either Leno wont come or Mig might leave.

I would prefer either a young GK who will be willing to deputize for Mig for couple of seasons or a veteran who wouldn't mind rotation.

Also, with Johnson leaving, Manquillo being average and Flanagan just coming off a long injury; we would definitely add a RWB.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:13 pm

A rumour from one of the British tabloids, so probably not to be taken seriously, but I found it interesting. It goes that we would try to buy Walcott if Sterling refuses a new contract and is sold to Man City. I sort of like the idea, I rate Walcott. He has goals in him and could play CF when Sturridge is injured. He also is not an automatic starter at Arsenal any longer, so might be open to a move.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Apparently Walcott is asking for 100k+ and that's why Arsenal would be willing to let him go. I'd take him on the team if we could figure out why he's injured so often. He has a very nice skillset that would work well with how Rodgers likes to play. Plus he's a scouser :coffee:

Though to be honest I would hope we're aiming a bit higher than Walcott if we sell Sterling -- that'd be a lot of money coming our way I'd imagine. City or Chelsea would probably pay out the nose for him.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:43 pm

It is time to overtake the likes of City, what you all smoking hmm City are in a period where they are just 4 points ahead of us inspite being the champions of last season. They might get a new coach in summer with a squad overhaul so we need to build on the possibility of loss of other rivals so that we cement a consistent top 4 side for years to come. I wont Sterling to City or Chelsea, I am sure other big European clubs will come in for him if he is available.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:20 pm

None of them will offer the money that Chelsea or City will be able to though, I would imagine. I don't think that City will stay ahead of us especially over the next few years where our young players really bloom, but they still have a lot of money. If Sterling is just after money I say send him wherever. He's not so good that I'm afraid to play against him.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:10 pm

doesnt matter a frrack, dont sell him or if you need to sell him, sell him somewhere else.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Let's just hope Sterling renews and we keep him. Walcott is not better than him. I would be disappointed slightly with that sort of swap in our team.

I would be veyr happy if we got someone like Griezmann, Griezmann, or maybe Girezmann to replace him though.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:12 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:It is time to overtake the likes of City, what you all smoking hmm City are in a period where they are just 4 points ahead of us inspite being the champions of last season. They might get a new coach in summer with a squad overhaul so we need to build on the possibility of loss of other rivals so that we cement a consistent top 4 side for years to come. I wont Sterling to City or Chelsea, I am sure other big European clubs will come in for him if he is available.

Sterling doesn't seem to me the kind of guy who would move abroad. I'm sure he'll stay in England, but whether that's at Liverpool or not, I don't know. I don't want to lose him, but I rather sell him than pay him anything over 100k per week.

Walcott is a little different, but he can score goals. We have enough creativity in the team, it's time to get goals. If we were to lose Sterling, I'd be very happy to replace him with Walcott.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:33 am

1. Walcott IS better than Sterling right now. It's not even a debate. He does everything Sterling can do, and has a much better end product. The only concerns is his injury dilemmas. Which probably comes down to Arsenal's lack of physios / being idiots.

2. Sterling will be better than Walcott. I have no doubts about it.

3. If Walcott is a scouser so is Thierry Henry.

4. Why not sign Walcott and give Sterling a new contract? Walcott is the calibre of player you want us signing, over the likes of Markovic and Lallana...

5. Letting Sterling go to City / Chelsea because "he's not good". Wtf has this forum become. rofl

6. Letting Sterling go would be more stupid than letting Suarez go. Letting Raheem goes just shows we've become a selling club. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:20 am

Somewhere there's a limit how much you can pay in wages to a 20-year-old.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:17 am

Red Alert wrote:1. Walcott IS better than Sterling right now. It's not even a debate. He does everything Sterling can do, and has a much better end product. The only concerns is his injury dilemmas. Which probably comes down to Arsenal's lack of physios / being idiots.

2. Sterling will be better than Walcott. I have no doubts about it.

3. If Walcott is a scouser so is Thierry Henry.

4. Why not sign Walcott and give Sterling a new contract? Walcott is the calibre of player you want us signing, over the likes of Markovic and Lallana...

5. Letting Sterling go to City / Chelsea because "he's not good". Wtf has this forum become. rofl

6. Letting Sterling go would be more stupid than letting Suarez go. Letting Raheem goes just shows we've become a selling club. :facepalm:

Yeah i don't get the sell sterling crap, we can get a good 10 years from the bloke, would be silly.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Well it comes down to I don't care if we sell a player that cares more about money as a 20 year old than he does about playing for Liverpool. So yeah if he's sulking and being unreasonable waiting for a richer team to offer then I don't care if he's sold. He will give us money that allows us to sign a similar calibre of player for much cheaper and who actually wants to play here.

Not to mention we have guys like Coutinho, Ibe, Markovic, Origi, Ojo, Wilson, etc. coming up and it's the deepest position on our roster. There are lots of young very talented players out there that we could buy to replace him likely at half the fee.

If that makes us a selling club so be it. Rodgers has shown he can work with that and keep us competing for top 4 anyway. So it won't last long and soon we'll attract players that want to stay. Ultimately I want players that actually want to play for our team. We're ****ing Liverpool.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Well it comes down to I don't care if we sell a player that cares more about money as a 20 year old than he does about playing for Liverpool. So yeah if he's sulking and being unreasonable waiting for a richer team to offer then I don't care if he's sold.
Agreed Thumbs up

Also, I'm beginning to wonder how far he can actually progress with this sort of attitude. I want Raheem to stay and have great career with us. But he needs to change his attitude for his sake alone.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:15 pm

Come home, Raheem Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Come home, Raheem Proud

gtfo !!
Is Dortmund treasury not enough for you !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:56 pm

I think everyone is pissed at the situation that Sterling is toying with us, or rather his agent. I also feel frustrated but I think we should leave it at this point and see it at the end of the season once again. But I think as a club it is our responsibility to brain wash him and make sure that he signs a deal. I dont think you guys are able to see the bigger picture. We should at no cost sell him. We need consistency in the first XI so we can build up on what we would achieve in this season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:28 am

He has 2 years left on his contract and has said he's waiting until the end of the season before he signs a new contract.

Relax.

Henderson is the bigger worry...

El Cujo wrote:Well it comes down to I don't care if we sell a player that cares more about money as a 20 year old than he does about playing for Liverpool. So yeah if he's sulking and being unreasonable waiting for a richer team to offer then I don't care if he's sold. He will give us money that allows us to sign a similar calibre of player for much cheaper and who actually wants to play here.

Not to mention we have guys like Coutinho, Ibe, Markovic, Origi, Ojo, Wilson, etc. coming up and it's the deepest position on our roster. There are lots of young very talented players out there that we could buy to replace him likely at half the fee.

If that makes us a selling club so be it. Rodgers has shown he can work with that and keep us competing for top 4 anyway. So it won't last long and soon we'll attract players that want to stay. Ultimately I want players that actually want to play for our team. We're ****ing Liverpool.

🤣I can't. Seriously. What the *bleep*.

The part in red. The f*****ing irony.

We're supposed to compete for the title, and actually fight for silverware... we are *bleep* Liverpool, am I right?

The part in blue, youth youth youth. This argument always pisses me off. The amount of times we've had "youth" and failed to use them/develop them all in the last 5 years just defeats your argument. It's not going to change. History will continue to repeat itself. Arsenal is the best example of this. We've followed their path. The worst part is, they were doing it to balance their books paying off the Emirates, we're doing it because we're just f*cking stupid in the market / deluded that every player is the "next big thing".

Coutinho and most likely Ibe are the only ones on that list that will make it. And even then, we'll probably sell them in the future because they want to win silverware later on in their careers too, so we'll probably replace with the next big thing / sign 7 players for 1-2 of those 7 players to make it for the cycle to continue on.

"If that makes us a selling club so be it". rofl

And where has Sterling ever said he doesn't want to be here? A couple months of ago you were calling him the best young player in the world, and now he's "shit" because he's refused to do contracts until the end of the season. Didn't your crush do the same thing? rofl

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9216876/brendan-rodgers-in-no-rush-to-talk-about-a-new-contract-at-liverpool

And selling him would mean selling him for a low fee, and then replacing him with an inferior player with a very large fee. You know, because "we're *bleep* Liverpool". bounce
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:29 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I think everyone is pissed at the situation that Sterling is toying with us, or rather his agent. I also feel frustrated but I think we should leave it at this point and see it at the end of the season once again. But I think as a club it is our responsibility to brain wash him and make sure that he signs a deal. I dont think you guys are able to see the bigger picture. We should at no cost sell him. We need consistency in the first XI so we can build up on what we would achieve in this season.

This is Sterling's fault?

I'm sure Raheem's to blame for the likes of Henderson, Gerrard and co not signing new contracts too.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:46 am

Red Alert wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I think everyone is pissed at the situation that Sterling is toying with us, or rather his agent. I also feel frustrated but I think we should leave it at this point and see it at the end of the season once again. But I think as a club it is our responsibility to brain wash him and make sure that he signs a deal. I dont think you guys are able to see the bigger picture. We should at no cost sell him. We need consistency in the first XI so we can build up on what we would achieve in this season.

This is Sterling's fault?

I'm sure Raheem's to blame for the likes of Henderson, Gerrard and co not signing new contracts too.

what is my post and what is your reply...lol

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:31 am

Yeah I don't think anyone thinks that Sterling is "shit", nor have I changed my opinion on how good he is relative to his age bracket.

My opinion is based purely on speculation about what is going on. We don't know what the specifics are. If he re-signs and wants to play here that would make me happiest of any potential outcomes. If he doesn't want to play here, and is just looking for money, I don't care if he's sold. It's that simple.

You try to drag drama into every situation on this board, and most of what you say is completely made up or ridiculous.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next