Post by Nishankly on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:23 pm

He cant and he wont.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Besiktas

Post by Art Morte on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:24 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Glad that Henderson got his captain lesson so early. I am sure Gerrard and people will have chat with him. Not Hendos mistake that Balo asked him too but he should have made a form decision and not argue about it. Anyways, Balotelli, as I had mentioned in the other thread, Balotelli should take penalties and free kicks from the next season.

Someone on TIA is saying that Gerrard said on TV after the game that penalties were Henderson's to take... Okay, so we don't really know how good Henderson is with penalties, but I think the vast majority of us fans wanted Mario to take it. A little unnecessary of Gerrard to comment publicly on the penalty decision.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:27 pm

yeah that was bad from Gerrard. Gerrard was not pleased at alll and he mentioned Balo as something and commented further. Gerrrad pls...

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:28 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:just imagine, if Balo takes the ball off from Gerrard Laughing

Now now let's not get ahead of ourselves Shocked Shocked
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:29 pm

Man do you guys even understand or respect the armband FFS, like i said Balo all day if i chose, but it's not my choice. It's Between Rodgers and the captain. If hendo wants it he takes it, the responsibility is on his shoulders.

First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Gerrard is well within his right to comment, if balo did that to Gerrard i would personally go to England and sack balo.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Henderson said after the match that he was also confident about the penalty but Mario asked for it and he said Balo had already experience of taking penalties so he decided that he would give it to Balo. Well if that is what happened and then all is good imo.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:40 pm

That's not what happened, Hendo is just pushing it under the rug.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:40 pm

@mr-r34 wrote:Man do you guys even understand or respect the armband FFS, like i said Balo all day if i chose, but it's not my choice. It's Between Rodgers and the captain. If hendo wants it he takes it, the responsibility is on his shoulders.

Yeah, it's not great that Balotelli took it against the captain's will, but on the other hand it would have been the wrong decision to have Henderson take penalties before Balotelli. Would Henderson be our penalty taker if he wasn't the captain? Without Gerrard on the pitch. I don't think so.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:43 pm

Who gives a *bleep*, it was Hendo's decision to make not Balo's.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:49 pm

Personally I'm happier this way, that the initial decision of Henderson taking penalties was overruled in a tight spot.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:49 pm

Just because Henderson is captain, it doesn't mean he has to be on corners/freekicks/penalties. It doesn't mean he has to be Gerrard.

Balo is among then eat penalty takers n the world...he should take them if Stevie is not playing, end of. Really disappointing stuff, hope they solve it. Gerrard's commentary on TV was awful too, just made it a lot worse.

Good result, and credit to Balo for the 3rd great cameo in a row in a week.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:51 pm

@mr-r34 wrote:Who gives a *bleep*, it was Hendo's decision to make not Balo's.

Liverpool's result >> Henderson's ego.

What is Hendo's track record at Penalties for him to be on it? He is shocking at shooting from distance and striking cleanly and his set pieces are very average. On what basis is he a designated penalty taker ?

Mario taking the penalty from Hendo enhanced our chances of winning the game and won us the game. It benefited Liverpool. As fans, that's the most important thing. The club. It's bigger than any player.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:54 pm

So is Henderson bad at penalties or something? I don't really care either way but Balo is starting to piss me off despite supporting him initially. At least Henderson played it down I think Gerrard was really stupid with his comments. That just hurts more than anything how could he think that would be ok to say?

Anyway regardless of whether or not you think Hendo would take them normally he is the captain and it is his choice. Period.

Decent result need another good effort in the return. Also ffs Ibe is beasting. What a talent.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:55 pm

Not gonna waste my time on the discussion anymore, it's just a difference of opinion, but untill hendo took it and missed you can then proceed to rag on him. We got 3 points and confirmation that balo has no respect for the armband.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Yeah I was watching Stevie's comments live and it was horrible. Should have just brushed it under the rug.

Anyways by this time next week all will be forgotten.

Rodgers will do the right thing, which is talk to the players and forget about the incident and everyone will shake hands and be merry with each other again.

The media will only talk about if we give them fuel. For example, if Mario gets dropped from the 18 man squad for the weekend all of a sudden out of nowhere then the media will have a field day and Rodgers would just show how big of an idiot he is.

But that will not happen, I'm sure.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:56 pm

MotM easily Ibe followed by Hendo and I thought Allen was very tidy as well though Moreno had a few stand out moments.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:02 pm

Hendo was among our worst player ^ ...is it the captain armband disease that whoever wears it wants to be Mr.Hollywood and do everything by themselves ??

Unreal the stick Balo is getting. He changed the game and was comfortably our best player from Ibe. Had the courage to take a peno at Kop-end in a crucial and tight European tie. Cool as cucumber under pressure. Henderson isn't, yet.

It's called Captain, not dictator.

Not all captains take penalties. Kompany doesn't take them for City, Rooney doesn't take them for Man U (when RVP is playing), Terry doesn't take them for Chelsea and etc.

I hope one of them posts something on Instagram, ending this BS.....glossing over a very important European tie in a tough game and yet another brilliant showing by Balotelli who looks like a completely different player now.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:05 pm

Using defenders as a Example FML sepi. Let's see anyone try take the ball from rooney's hands when rvp is off.

Hendo was avg at best today, defo Ibe motm.

Besides his kick balo was solid, Ibe was our match winner.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Your insta post is up, Balo saying hendo let him take the peno, lol, yeah right mate.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Anyone that thinks Hendo didn't play well didn't watch. He looked like one of the only ones who cared. He was easily our most involved player and was trying to push the game forward the whole time while still pressing more than anyone and being defensively strong. His final ball definitely needs work though.

Balo looking good doesn't mean he supercedes the captain. And the thing is IF Kompany wanted to take a pen he would because his team respects that he is captain. Period. Get off the shit it turned out fine but Balotelli caused a stir that didn't need be and Gerrard stoked it.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Ibe was clearly motm. I thought Skrtel was out second best player. And Sakho closely after him. They didn't put a foot wrong. Same with Mignolet.

Can didn't have the best of games.

Nothing spectacular from Allen but he was tidy, better than before.

Hendo was doing good until he started forcing it in the second half then everything went south for him after that.

Coutinho had a night to forget. Besiktas didn't allow him a second of breathing space and when he did get any sort of room he made some wrong decisions.

Lallana was better than Phil, good in the first half, but that miss :facepalm:  Pressed well but didn't impose himself more than that. His miss is the thing we'll remember the most from this tie if we don't get past these *bleep*.

Mario was fantastic when he came :bow: Did everything well. I though he should have even taken the freekick right at the death as he would have higher chance of scoring that but knew if he did that Hendo would go ballistic.

Sturridge was woeful. Night to forget. Very selfish. Lallana could've tapped it in the first half if Studge just passed it to him instead of taking the shot form the byline.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:48 pm

And for some context, Henderson has previously only taken one penalty in his career, which was in a shootout at Sunderland - a penalty that he missed.

Balotelli has scored 27 from 29.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:01 am

You forgot the context of that happening over 6 years ago when he was only 18, that agenda.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:05 am

1 thing i want to say is how cool as ice is balo these days though, he hardly gives anything away.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next