zigra
Harmonica
Winter is Coming
CBarca
windkick
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UEFA Champions League First Leg : City 1 x Barca 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League First Leg : City 1 x Barca 2

Post by neuro11 Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:07 am

I agree if Neymar was benched vs Malaga, many of us would be furious. But now he is highly fatigued and a rest is must. we desparately need him in Classico. we know how much he likes to score vs Madrid Very Happy
Actually we controlled the game very well right after our 2nd goal. but i agree, as someone suggested, that it partly due to the psychological switching off mode that costed us the grip on the game. btw, am i wrong to say that since pep left we are winning comfortably on english soil :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League First Leg : City 1 x Barca 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League First Leg : City 1 x Barca 2

Post by Football Enthusiast Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:03 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Please. If he were benched vs Malaga the press and even some people here would have flipped out and blamed LE completely for the defeat. Neymar should be benched but no one can blame LE for starting him over the weekend.

About your statement of LM being blamed, I don't know why there are always some people who find reasons to degrade/devaluate his success (i.e. not acknowledging his excellence on pitch) even if he is indescribably good in a game; and if he somehow fails to perform up to his standard even for a little bit, these people are like 'LM is not that good as he is thought to be'. I just hope LM will work twice as hard to put on such great performances in the field without making a single mistake that will give no reason to these people to spread hate speech about him.

And I agree that Neymar should be off the pitch for some time as he appears to be a bit exhausted.
Football Enthusiast
Football Enthusiast
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm

If Neymar didnt play vs Malaga, but Suarez and Messi did...I dont think many would criticise Enrique for that decision alone...especially at home.

The last time he was criticised for team selection was when he disrespected La Real at their own ground.

Anyway, I dont think Neymar was especially tired or something like that. He had some good moments (like a pass to Suarez for a 1 v 1) which would make his overall performance look better, but Zab is a very good rightback and it became a mixed bag performance in the end but nothing worth talking about in my opinion.

Of course one certain lunatic here has his agenda and despite Neymar being terrific in most big games, still thinks there is an issue. Anything to not talk about his hero still taking penalties like a Sunday league player I suppose.

Anyway, my opinion on the game is mostly a mix of what CB and Alex said so they save me the trouble writing. Shame indeed Messi missed the penalty, obviously because it would have put the tie pretty much beyond reach but also because he had quite a great game in the general sense.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:19 pm

I don't think I it would have been a big deal had we won, but considering we lost I think it would have been blown completely out of proportion by the fickle Spanish press.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2