The Franchise
B-Mac
Great Leader Sprucenuce
LeSwagg James
Freeza
21 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:23 pm

Shouldn't have drafted an injured player :coffee:

In all seriousness though it's very dangerous, that type of injury has plagued big guys career, ok he's not you typical plodding big man but he's still not far off 7 ft tall.

In the short term not only do have very little chance of beating Golden State but not qualifying for the playoffs is a very real possibility.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:41 pm

I drafted him expecting he will at the very least be back for the playoffs, all I had to do was get there Laughing

And yes, they may not make the playoffs now. Pelicans aint giving up, Evans is quietly having a great comeback season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:24 pm

What you guys make of Elfrid Payton?

I really like him. Think he's gonna be really solid. Reminds me a bit of Kidd.

He can't shoot at all...... even FTs. But I'll think he'll be very good.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:25 pm

Surely if he can't shoot at all then Rondo is a better comparison lol.

Kidd at least developed into a semi reliable catch and shoot guy.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Well, he's rookie.

I believe he'll develop one like Kidd did and not just ignore it like Rondo. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:53 pm

As long as he has the ball in his hands, he will be okay.

Just like Andre Miller for example.

Its only when the play with other ball dominant players and are forced to spend time standing around and you dont have to guard him, would it become a problem.

I like his size and his game generally. Has to cut down the turnovers and improve the jumper obviously, but as a rookie thats quite normal.

Wiggins, Mirotic..him or Noel probably the third best rookie I can think of this year (i'd side with Noel). Maybe I am forgetting someone IDK.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:18 am

This Bulls and Raptors game has been so weird, Chicago shooting over 60% yet with a minute left it's only just started to slip away from the Raps.

Although it should be said that Raptors were making some ridiculous shots for 3 and a half quarters, Vazquez especially.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:43 am

The Cavs are DESTROYING the Grizz on the road Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:30 am

Messi was at Pacers vs Wizards Laughing Not too bright that lad.

He did see a George Hill gamewinner though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:39 am

Spurs up 71-50 on OKC at half Laughing They are disgusting.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:54 am

Losing to Minnesota... ffs Byron you freaking retarded pos... Seriously... Can't stand this shit anymore, we'll end up losing our pick with these unnecessary wins against direct rivals
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:This Bulls and Raptors game has been so weird, Chicago shooting over 60% yet with a minute left it's only just started to slip away from the Raps.

Although it should be said that Raptors were making some ridiculous shots for 3 and a half quarters, Vazquez especially.

Sadly we've got no shot against the Bulls. We have a better chance at beating Cleveland in the playoffs imo. They are simply the worst matchup problem on all fronts and have slapped us every single time we've played them this year.

These past couple of weeks has shown that the Raptors should consider winning one round a successful year. Although I believe Casey is a decent coach, his play calling in the latter end of games has cost us TOO MANY times. Case in point couple days ago vs Pistons: 10 seconds left, timeout in hand, and we go with the Lou Williams iso we've seen 100 times this year at the end of quarters; Shimmy to the left and try a loooong 3.

His lack of effective offensive playcalling at the end of games has been very poor since he's taken over, and with the talent in our lineup, I think its time for us to take a page out of GSW's playbook and make a coaching change despite making the playoffs.

/rant
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Can't disagree with that at all, I said earlier on that i was skeptical of the Raptors due to a number of reasons.

Mainly because of how ISO heavy the offence is, there's far too much one on one going on in that offence. Bulls and Cavs do it too but when you have the championship level talent like they do they can get away with it to a certain extent.

Not to mention the defense has been HORRIBLE, i think the base is there to improve and be where you want to be but i think a different outlook maybe necessary to achieve it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:38 am

Amar wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:This Bulls and Raptors game has been so weird, Chicago shooting over 60% yet with a minute left it's only just started to slip away from the Raps.

Sadly we've got no shot against the Bulls. We have a better chance at beating Cleveland in the playoffs imo. They are simply the worst matchup problem on all fronts and have slapped us every single time we've played them this year.

These past couple of weeks has shown that the Raptors should consider winning one round a successful year. Although I believe Casey is a decent coach, his play calling in the latter end of games has cost us TOO MANY times. Case in point couple days ago vs Pistons: 10 seconds left, timeout in hand, and we go with the Lou Williams iso we've seen 100 times this year at the end of quarters; Shimmy to the left and try a loooong 3.

His lack of effective offensive playcalling at the end of games has been very poor since he's taken over, and with the talent in our lineup, I think its time for us to take a page out of GSW's playbook and make a coaching change despite making the playoffs.

/rant

You guys have to do a much better job of involving Valančiūnas. Every Raptor game I seen all he ever gets to do is set screen, get offensive rebounds/putbacks and run on the break.

I get doing that to a first or second year player who offence is still coming along, but he is a quality post up player who never gets his number called.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Interesting topic.

Ignoring the two clowns in the video, who are you guys top 10?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Depends Izzy what's the criteria?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Ability to get the best out of your players.
Ability to build a team which plays on both ends of the floor.
Ability to make adjustments.
Post-season success (maybe....?)

Anymore?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Just watched the video.... where the *bleep* is Joerger?!

Absolute joke.

Anyway based on the criteria Izzy mentioned....

1. Popp

2. Carlisle

3. Rivers

4. Thibs

5. Spoelstra

6. Joerger

7. Stotts

8. Vogel

9. Budenholzer

10. Kerr

I wanted to put Spoelstra higher, but rightly or wrongly he'll be judged on the fact he had Lebron, Wade and Bosh. It's something to revisit next season when he has a healthy squad.

To me Vogel and Stotts are interchangeable, you could swap them around and i really wouldn't care. I had to put Kerr and Budenholzer in the top 10 out of respect for what they have done this season, but i don't want to them any higher until i see some post season success.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Just watched the video.... where the *bleep* is Joerger?!

Absolute joke.

Anyway based on the criteria Izzy mentioned....

1. Popp

2. Carlisle

3. Rivers

4. Thibs

5. Spoelstra

6. Joerger

7. Stotts

8. Vogel

9. Budenholzer

10. Kerr

Same list for me.

Spoelstra is a bit odd for me. The Heat were dealing with injuries last year and I saw no adjustments made to get Bosh the ball or any change in the defensive scheme (switching on EVERY P 'n' R, seriously?)

This year, he had to give Bosh the ball by force, but I still see the same poor rotations. Injuries are killing the team, but some of the line-ups he's put out are just weird.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:01 pm

I don't disagree, i guess a part of me just wants to see what he does when the team is healthy next year as they have potential to be very good IMO.

If they don't do well i'll adjust my opinion of him accordingly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Thunder say that Kevin Durant will have season-ending surgery and will be back to basketball activities in 4-6 months.

OKC have no chance in the first round now and more importantly having more than one surgery on the same foot in the same season can't be good long term.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Thunder say that Kevin Durant will have season-ending surgery and will be back to basketball activities in 4-6 months.

OKC have no chance in the first round now and more importantly having more than one surgery on the same foot in the same season can't be good long term.

Matter of time really.

Bill Walton, Yao Ming type problem developing here.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:34 pm

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/b/larry_bird_vs_lebron_james.htm

Basically identical. Shame Bird only played 12 years.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:00 pm

I think Bird's numbers are skewed a bit by the fact he basically played while in a back brace for last few years of his career.

While Lebron has been a picture of health his entire career ( which he deserves massive credit for) so he'll have a much longer career and likely more individual acclaim when he hangs them up.

I personally believe Bird in his prime is the best Small Forward ever and i won't change that opinion. He's the best passing forward ever and he's a much better rebounder and shooter than Lebron plus when it comes to just winning mentality there's very few who can match him in any era and in any position.

Still though Lebron's achievements being as similar as they are deserves massive amounts of respect and admiration.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:31 pm

Fair enough.

I think it comes down to personal preference now.
It's a toss up to me. (Slightly still favor Bird)

LeBron doesn't have anything to prove to me anymore, so now he's just playing for records and longevity.
If the Cavs win the title, cool. Doesn't really change much for me.

P.S. I can not believe how many people still believe the narrative that Kobe is more clutch than LeBron...... stuns me really.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Since when did LeBron become clutch?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next