Jay29
El Gunner
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 40 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Hopefully we bring Lollichon from Chelsea as our GK coach, or anyone really.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:06 pm

ffs was glancing through the kits on here (link) and envying clubs with Nike/Adidas as their kit providers

2019 hopefully end of puma for us+new manager obv
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Jens Lehmann in talks about returning to Arsenal as a first-team coach

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/lehmann-in-line-for-arsenal-role-dz3kzxtnq
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:20 am

http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/methode_image/2017/07/16/Varie/Foto%20Gallery/LAPR0533_mediagallery-page.jpg

Is this Ivan gazidis sitting next to conte at Wimbledon Final???
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:16 am

All the criticism for his recent mismanagement apart, the man remains a person whose intellect and articulation are worthy of immense respect.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/03/arsene-wenger-neymar-transfer-arsenal-alexis-sanchez

Makes it so hard to criticize him when I respect him so much. Some cognitive dissonance smh

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:33 pm

A great Per Mertesacker interview here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/18/per-mertesacker-arsenal?CMP=share_btn_tw

I especially liked his views on the academy system:

His own backstory will provide an interesting reference point when it comes to dealing with youngsters. Mertesacker was a late developer on the pitch and before breaking into the first-team at Hannover spent 12 months working in an institute for the mentally ill – an experience he describes as “something to put things into perspective”. Asked whether today’s generation of young players could benefit from a more rounded approach to life, Mertesacker replies: “Whatever is needed to make them as strong as possible when they face adversity, that’s basically the target.

“How can we make them as resilient as possible in situations when they get released or in the best possible position for themselves, like when they go first-team training. How can we get them in the best possible position where they feel good about a Plan B. I want players to think: ‘OK, this has happened now, what is next for me?’ That’s a very big target because what are academies about nowadays? Is it really just to find one or two players? But what happened to the others? I’m very, very interested in that.

“Are those released strong enough to still be in a position where they think: ‘I’m not being a footballer, but I’ve got interests in that and that.’ I think the focus is pretty much on football, football football. And I know that is the priority. And it’s a lot of money involved. But still, how many percent really make it throughout the system? There has to always be a Plan B, I feel. That’s why I kept going with my school – I wasn’t talented. That’s what’s the difficulty – you want to define key talents when they are 12, 13 or 14? When I was that age I was nowhere near. People had given up on me.”

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:04 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:59 pm

Arsenal Lobby - Page 40 DLTd-pRWAAANk7d

Usmanov isn't selling
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:59 am

From a Szczesny interview:

“I think in general, the coaches in Italy are much more tactical, that’s just how the league works,” says Szczęsny. “Whether it was [Luciano] Spalletti at Roma or Max Allegri here, the preparation for the game is different to what I was used to in England. You work on the shape of the team for a particular match all week. At Arsenal you’d just prepare physically for it but here you watch film analysing a specific opponent before the game and afterwards we’ll watch again to see what worked and what didn’t.

“I enjoyed working with some great coaches at Arsenal, Roma and here, but the goalkeeping school in Italy is very different, it’s very technical and pays more attention to the details. It’s really made a difference for me because I started playing at a very young age with Arsenal and as you play you gain experience and that’s how you grow. But, honestly, I couldn’t say from a technical standpoint that I improved in any way from when I became first-choice at Arsenal until the day I left for Roma.

“However, in the two-and-a-half years since I came to Italy, I’ve improved massively which is thanks to the coaches and the way they work. It’s not about improving when you play, it’s every day in training you have to work on every aspect of your game and that’s something I’ve really enjoyed.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/wojciech-szczesny-exclusive-interview-arsenal-smoking-juventus-gianluigi-buffon-retirement-a8002836.html

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:14 pm

I was reading Szczesny article earlier and it's mind blowing how many former players say the same. Our game preparation is beyond joke.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Weird interview considering Mertesacker gave an interview long ago saying we watch the opponent before matches and analyse them.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:14 pm

From what I've heard and read, Arsenal do video analysis now (after Szczesny left, basically) but it's still no where near as in depth as it should be.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:49 pm

Imagine there was a time Wenger was so cocky, he didn't pay attention to the other team before a match. :facepalm:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Wenger is like the stereotypical high school coach who trains the kids to "go out there and have fun", only in real life the ugly fat kid doesn't magically become good after a training montage by just believing in him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm

i believe its now hard to ignore the fact that Spuds are now a tad ahead of us in almost everything on the pitch....be it coach or CB or striker
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:03 pm

It's been quite apparent for a while. It's a good thing they have a stingy owner and that they are a selling club. If they had our resources, they probably would already be PL winners.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

AGM ongoing atm.

Shareholders voted against Sir Chips Keswick continuing as chairman. First time shareholders have voted again re-appointment of chairman ever.

He'll still be re-appointed though as there'll be a poll vote of every shareholder and two people own 97% of the shares Laughing

The same's going to happen with Josh Kroenke in a moment.

It's a pretty symbolic gesture, though. Shows other shareholders aren't happy and won't just accept things as the norm.

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=41715

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40