Arsenal Lobby

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Hopefully we bring Lollichon from Chelsea as our GK coach, or anyone really.

urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:06 pm

ffs was glancing through the kits on here (link) and envying clubs with Nike/Adidas as their kit providers

2019 hopefully end of puma for us+new manager obv

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Jens Lehmann in talks about returning to Arsenal as a first-team coach

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/lehmann-in-line-for-arsenal-role-dz3kzxtnq
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:20 am

Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:16 am

All the criticism for his recent mismanagement apart, the man remains a person whose intellect and articulation are worthy of immense respect.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/03/arsene-wenger-neymar-transfer-arsenal-alexis-sanchez

Makes it so hard to criticize him when I respect him so much. Some cognitive dissonance smh
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:33 pm

A great Per Mertesacker interview here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/18/per-mertesacker-arsenal?CMP=share_btn_tw

I especially liked his views on the academy system:

His own backstory will provide an interesting reference point when it comes to dealing with youngsters. Mertesacker was a late developer on the pitch and before breaking into the first-team at Hannover spent 12 months working in an institute for the mentally ill – an experience he describes as “something to put things into perspective”. Asked whether today’s generation of young players could benefit from a more rounded approach to life, Mertesacker replies: “Whatever is needed to make them as strong as possible when they face adversity, that’s basically the target.

“How can we make them as resilient as possible in situations when they get released or in the best possible position for themselves, like when they go first-team training. How can we get them in the best possible position where they feel good about a Plan B. I want players to think: ‘OK, this has happened now, what is next for me?’ That’s a very big target because what are academies about nowadays? Is it really just to find one or two players? But what happened to the others? I’m very, very interested in that.

“Are those released strong enough to still be in a position where they think: ‘I’m not being a footballer, but I’ve got interests in that and that.’ I think the focus is pretty much on football, football football. And I know that is the priority. And it’s a lot of money involved. But still, how many percent really make it throughout the system? There has to always be a Plan B, I feel. That’s why I kept going with my school – I wasn’t talented. That’s what’s the difficulty – you want to define key talents when they are 12, 13 or 14? When I was that age I was nowhere near. People had given up on me.”
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:04 pm

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:59 pm

Usmanov isn't selling
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:59 am

From a Szczesny interview:

“I think in general, the coaches in Italy are much more tactical, that’s just how the league works,” says Szczęsny. “Whether it was [Luciano] Spalletti at Roma or Max Allegri here, the preparation for the game is different to what I was used to in England. You work on the shape of the team for a particular match all week. At Arsenal you’d just prepare physically for it but here you watch film analysing a specific opponent before the game and afterwards we’ll watch again to see what worked and what didn’t.

“I enjoyed working with some great coaches at Arsenal, Roma and here, but the goalkeeping school in Italy is very different, it’s very technical and pays more attention to the details. It’s really made a difference for me because I started playing at a very young age with Arsenal and as you play you gain experience and that’s how you grow. But, honestly, I couldn’t say from a technical standpoint that I improved in any way from when I became first-choice at Arsenal until the day I left for Roma.

“However, in the two-and-a-half years since I came to Italy, I’ve improved massively which is thanks to the coaches and the way they work. It’s not about improving when you play, it’s every day in training you have to work on every aspect of your game and that’s something I’ve really enjoyed.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/wojciech-szczesny-exclusive-interview-arsenal-smoking-juventus-gianluigi-buffon-retirement-a8002836.html
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:14 pm

I was reading Szczesny article earlier and it's mind blowing how many former players say the same. Our game preparation is beyond joke.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Weird interview considering Mertesacker gave an interview long ago saying we watch the opponent before matches and analyse them.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:14 pm

From what I've heard and read, Arsenal do video analysis now (after Szczesny left, basically) but it's still no where near as in depth as it should be.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:49 pm

Imagine there was a time Wenger was so cocky, he didn't pay attention to the other team before a match. :facepalm:

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Wenger is like the stereotypical high school coach who trains the kids to "go out there and have fun", only in real life the ugly fat kid doesn't magically become good after a training montage by just believing in him.
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm

i believe its now hard to ignore the fact that Spuds are now a tad ahead of us in almost everything on the pitch....be it coach or CB or striker

Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:03 pm

It's been quite apparent for a while. It's a good thing they have a stingy owner and that they are a selling club. If they had our resources, they probably would already be PL winners.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

AGM ongoing atm.

Shareholders voted against Sir Chips Keswick continuing as chairman. First time shareholders have voted again re-appointment of chairman ever.

He'll still be re-appointed though as there'll be a poll vote of every shareholder and two people own 97% of the shares Laughing

The same's going to happen with Josh Kroenke in a moment.

It's a pretty symbolic gesture, though. Shows other shareholders aren't happy and won't just accept things as the norm.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:34 pm

These guys (including Arsene and Gazidis) have no shame. It’s clear the majority of fans and shareholders want them out of this club and yet they keep giving raises to themselves despite massive failures. Pretty disgusting.
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Interesting to note that Usmanov also voted for Sir Chips and Josh Kroenke to remain at the club.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:19 pm

Footnotes from the meeting:

- Wenger gave another really good speech. Asked fans to back the team. Closed with: "No matter what happens one day I will always love this club forever and be an eternal fan."

- Gazidis: "We aren't where want to be but we're not standing still." Bigged up "unprecedented investment" in squad and in facilities off the pitch.

- Gazidis confirmed Wenger still has final decision on transfers, but is being supported by data analysts, scouts, directors, etc.

- Gazidis asked about Wenger's contract. Said no date on any future negotiations because he didn't want to invite pressure. Decision was made because "Wenger has the experience to win more trophies". Said succession is discussed but won't be public info.

- Gazidis defended Alexis/Ozil contract decisions. Also rubbished claims that club wanted to sell Mustafi. "Many agendas at play, many stories in windows that drives opinion and narratives. Difficult to hear fact through the noise."

- Claimed Arsenal were overperforming relative to transfer spend. Laughed at.

- No Champions League not an issue due to TV money.

- No comment made on Puma sponsorship.

- Floor opened up for general questions.

- Sir Chips. Lol.

- Sir Chips claimed Arsenal have a diverse boardroom. Laughed at.

- Asked if the board will change its makeup at all. His reponse: "Thank you for your statement, madam." Booed.

- Asked why Kroenke wouldn't speak: “Not on the agenda. Read the Daily Telegraph today and you’ll find out.” More boos.

- Ended meeting abruptly amid anger and booing. Fled straight away. Wenger stayed behind for pictures and autographs.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:33 pm

Keswick is such an arrogant cnt wouldn’t mind if someone sniped him.
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Shame how these old farts holding Arsenal hostage. :facepalm:

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:40 pm

I know Wenger has to shoulder a ton of blame for the way things have been handled the past decade, but I'm much more terrified of the board and what its "leadership" holds for Arsenal's future. Wenger, whatever his faults and missteps, has talent and sincerity. When the dust settles and he's moved on, his status in Arsenal's history will be secure. The rest? Not so sure.
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Fwiw, Gazidis also stayed behind at the end to talk to people and whatnot. He gets plenty of stick but I don't he's as bad as some make him out.

Kroenke didn't speak as usual but he technically doesn't have to. The chairman speaks for him at these events. It just shows the extent of Kroenke's apathy that he lets an arrogant, out of touch guy like Chips Keswick speak on his behalf and treat long-standing shareholders like shit on his shoe.

Also, next time Usmanov tries to portray himself as a saviour, remember that he voted Josh Kroenke and Keswick back on the board.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Arsenal in 'advanced talks' to bring in German transfer genius Sven Mislintat from Borussia Dortmund - report
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top