McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 5 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:31 pm

They will always like it because they hate book readers. The finale of last season was loved by every tv show watcher while every book reader hated it.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 5 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:20 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/33c4iz/spoilers_all_last_nights_election/?sort=confidence

This guy thinks d&d meant to include the long version but they changed their plans after an actor passed away
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:01 pm

RealGunner wrote:What an awful awful representation of Brienne's arc. That was so terrible to watch. Her passage and journey in the book was amazing. Now she is being made like the worst person ever.

Jaqen H'ghar instead of the old man Laughing wtf Laughing Just to please the tv show fans. So pete doesn't exist in the show then? nor the whole oldtown arc?

Jon Snow becoming the commander was an underwhelming scene. No Mormont's crow Sad

I really wish I hadn't read the books. The show is becoming so shit when I compare and it's so hard not to.

They are going to remove every good dialogue just to appease the fans with more of Jamie and Bronn scenes or more of Daenerys trying to act scenes.

That's just the wrong way going into the show imo. GRRM says it very simple yet accurately: "The show is the show and the books are the books".

If you go into the show or into the books with the mindset that you can't view them as their own entity then you are going to be disappointed one way or another. I have come to love the books but I won't allow myself compare one to another because I want to enjoy both of them and I understand the many changes the show has to make as they have many restrictions which GRRM doesn't have.

So while I could complain about plotholes which I know only because I've read the books, I try not to focus on them as much or I will lose the interest. Seriously instead of comparing the show with the books, it would be fair if you compare it with other shows and in that regard it's one of the most complex and interesting shows out there.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It felt rushed, and Aemon deciding at the very end felt very much like Dumbledore's "And 10 points for Gryffindor" moment,

Lmao exactly what I thought. Should have kept the two thirds rule with Sam convincing Mallister and his supporters to vote for Jon instead.

RealGunner wrote:The finale of last season was loved by every tv show

Not really. I know a lot of people who were disappointed especially with D&D "THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE E EVER DONE WE SUBMITTING IT FOR THE EMMYS" Everyone has the same question. Why did Tyrion go to his father's chamber? To say goodbye? To kill him? In the books he does it to ask him about Tysha and then kills him in a moment of rage but in the show why the *bleep* does he go to him?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:11 pm

On the finale of last season *

I asked my little brother and friends if they liked it and every one of them thought it was great .

Not sure what the others told me because i dont' remember right now (will ask them again just for the lulz) , but i remember asking my brother , 'why do you think Tyrion went to Tywin instead of just escaping immediately' ?

After a small pause to think he said : because Tywin is a c*nt and after he shaw Shae he lost it?

I can't answer this myself with confidence , but it kinda does somehow make some sense for show watchers . I then explained the Tysha part to him and he agreed it made much more sense and he liked it more... but he didn't really care in the end, or make him wish they made the scene this way , certainly it didn't make the episode any less awesome for him.  

I've even revealed R+L=J to a friend of mine who was always breaking my balls about Jon's mother. So i told him about the theory and he said "that's it?" , as if it was pretty underwhelming for a mystery . What i am trying to say is , some book things really only matter to us book readers only. Shownlies do not care and they won't care whatever version they get , as long as it stays on this high level , they see a great show and they enjoy it.

I suppose there might be a select few kind of watchers who pay great attention to detail and are thoroughly into the show , maybe them can complain on more than a few things.. but those are extremelly rare cases and nobody is going to give a shit there at the set.

SO yeah , i've come to enjoy the show no matter what , in fact i really look forward to the changes and different arcs they've set on going. Though i must admit , watching the real Mance burn pissed me off a little. But anyway , it still makes me wonder how it will unfold without Mance . I know i've missed this , not knowing almost for certain how it will play out. So far , 2 episodes , i've enjoyed it , minus some things here and there.

Overall , it's beyond me how i've kept myself from watching the leaked episodes already . I literally cannot wait to see each and every one episode . Looking forward to episode 4 which my cousin said has a massive cliffhanger . I kinda wonder if i know it or not.. Like , is it Arya going blind or something else? I've missed this really.

final note , yes the lord commander election was incredibly rushed , but maybe it's because of the dead actor that lead to this . This was pretty not well made , tbh. Watchable , not terrible , but not well made . Wish they had found a better way.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:04 am

@Dante

Some elements of the show are much better represented for entertainment purposes such as the Red Wedding, Oberyn Martell, Tyrion & Bronn etc IMO. For example, IIRC Robb's widow just underwhelmingly disappeared into irrelevance in comparison to her dramatic end in the show.

I read all of the books after Season 4 and that explained so many motives that didn't initially make sense. Since the show writers are aware of how future events unfold, I think they're in a better position to understand what could work better in terms of character inclusion/exclusion so I'd like to keep my faith in them. That said, butchering the role of Brienne (oh God that fight with the Hound) annoys me.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:03 pm

The fight with the Hound was surely one of the better points of the last season?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The fight with the Hound was surely one of the better points of the last season?

The fight itself was good, not going to lie. It's just how stupid some of the decisions and dialogues were.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Yeah , i also think it was one of the best moments of S4. But i get Soul too , what he means . I usually don't mind about the changes and generaly moving away from the books , however i still have my own issues with some , even when it's generally considered a positive addition . Like the scene when Arya went with the Sandor at the Eyrie ?
Ok , it was funny , but imho , it was a total filler.

I mean , such news travel quickly and they travel day and night. Didn't they hear about Lysa's death earlier? Even if i scratch that , having them go there , have a laugh and leave like nothing happened.. was very weird to me , very unwesteros like. Like , hunted Sandor Clegane has hold of the missing Arya Stark and they come at your door , SURELY you would have thought the guards would follow standard procedure ? The Arryns may hold no allegiance to the Iron Throne , but that doesn't mean the guards can decide on their own about such things . By royal degree the Hound is an outlaw and Arya would be major information many would pay heavily to get their hands on . As of now , apparently Littlefinger has YET to learn about this? He knows but doesn't tell Sansa? No indication whatsoever. This coming out of the closet was pretty big , yet there were zero consequences , or anything at all after it. Why , because it was total filler and they did it because it was funny .

The Hound and Arya just go there like casuals , have a laugh , and leave like nothing happened , trying to find their fks on their way back.. mkay . makes sense

This doesn't have to do about a change from the books , it has to do with a change that wasn't well made. Books or not , these 2 where hiding and for more than one a good reason.. idk. i didn't like it , it was funny , but that's about it. It didn't make sense to me. In the books , that never happened because it would be silly. And even if it did , then they would have paid for their stupidity / naivety / lack of caution , one way or another .

However , many people liked it a lot . I just find it weird to accept that just because Lysa died , they would just leave like that. In a few words , they cannot please everyone .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:58 am

The nod was well received. I am a bit surprised. I thought it was way too subtle.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The nod was well received. I am a bit surprised. I thought it was way too subtle.

From Stannis to Jon?

Yeah same. Still like the way they did the scene though
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:25 pm

That scene was really awesome, the only thing missing for me was the decision to hang Janos first, thinking or in TV medium saying "This is wrong" and behead Janos Slynt instead though I guess people got the idea that he was avenging Ned when he swung the sword even after Janos was asking for mercy.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:21 pm

Jon was not really avenging Ned. He was following his values, passer of the sentence should swing the sword. I don't think show watcher even remember Janos betrayed Ned. I loved the scene. Rewatched it twice. The actor of Janos actually made me feel sorry for him on the end.

And man the whitewashing has reached another level. They even stopped Tyrion being a man whore Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Meh whitewashing works in this case, no one wants to see Tyrion rape some slave and it works on context. Especially after Jaime raped Cersei.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:41 pm

It's not about white washing, it's about Tyrion still being too distraught and self loathing about Shae that he is not interested.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:57 am

Jon-Stannis conversations are fantastic so far. The only thing they are staying true to the books with.

Nod was subtle but still very powerful.

I actually thought Jon was avenging Ned. That's the first thing which came to my mind when he hesitated and then remembered something. Obviously it can be played out as he is being honourable as Ned used to be. But Pretty sure inside he wanted revenge badly.

That Sansa arc is terrible. Marrying Ramsay Laughing gtfo Laughing If she doesn't kill him and Roose on the same night then the whole arc is disastrous. Did love the "North remembers" line though.

Not liking Arya's arc either. Seems disjointed. Jaqen H'ghar doesn't suit the role of the kindly man. Also lol at everyone speaking english in the house of white n black.

High Sparrow was fantastic though. Just as I imagined him in the books.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:57 am

What do you guys mean by whitewashing?

Oh and a lot of rumours that they are planning to hand Brienne the opportunity to get revenge by actually killing Stannis in the end.

I can't see that happen in the books because GRRM won't let it but if it happens in the show Laughing I am never watching the show again.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:37 am

Whitewashing means completely whitewashing the shades of grey the characters have to portray them as the good guys instead of the morally grey characters that ASOIAF became so famous and critically acclaimed for.

Tyrion in the books does a lot of dark stuff. His murder of Shae was totally cold blooded and in the show he is forced to killer her in self defense. He has Bronn kill a blackmailer and make his body disappear in a bowl of stew in the books. He rapes a whore after his traumatic experience with Shae and in the show he can't bring himself to have sex. He verbally tortures Jaime after the Tysha revelation but in the show, of course no Tysha. He dreams of raping and killing Cersei while he's traveling in Essos and so far no mention of this in the show.

It's basically the effect of favoritism from the showrunners. They love Tyrion so they want to paint him as a hero. They hate Stannis so they paint his as a villain though fan backlash is making them change that this season (they acknowledged this).

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/28aqvm/spoilers_all_the_effects_of_favoritism_on_how_the/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:21 am

Goddam some *bleep* bitch at work spoiled two things for me in ADWD. Mad

The Cersei balding part and being paraded around Kings Landing and something about Varys backing Dany's cousin for the throne.

God I hate that bitch so much. Wanted to *bleep* smack her upside the head when the she spoiled it for me. That Cersei part was such a huge spoiler for me. I was anticipating to find out what exactly happened with Cersie after she was taken prisoner. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:07 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Goddam some *bleep* bitch at work spoiled two things for me in ADWD. Mad

The Cersei balding part and being paraded around Kings Landing and something about Varys backing Dany's cousin for the throne.

God I hate that bitch so much. Wanted to *bleep* smack her upside the head when the she spoiled it for me. That Cersei part was such a huge spoiler for me. I was anticipating to find out what exactly happened with Cersie after she was taken prisoner. Sad

I'm very sorry for your loss Sad
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 04, 2015 12:21 pm

So this is a pretty major deviation from the books, thoughts?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon May 04, 2015 1:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So this is a pretty major deviation from the books, thoughts?

So many changes I don't know where to begin

1) I have a feeling that Loras got arrested, instead of getting gravely wounded at battle, was mainly done to save money on production costs which sucked. I still think Cersei's storyline will follow the books in terms of everything blowing over

2) Jamie
I really wanted him to have that scene with the Blackfish. The show still haven't shown what happened to Edmure or the Frays which is very frustrating. More than that, I really disliked how Jamie now hates Tyrion instead of having doubts about Cersei whereas in the books, his actions were badass. If the show runners wanted to keep Bronn around for the lulz factor, they could have sent him to with Jamie to the riverlands anyway.

3) Sansa
The inconsistencies in her character are starting to annoy me. When she walked down the stairs with her hair dyed black, she was supposed to be a game changer but yet she remains Littlefinger's pawn. That said, I'm more interested in seeing what she and Ramsay are gonna get up to instead of the fake Arya arc

4) Essos
I don't think Grey Worm & Ser Barristan are dead; perhaps gravely wounded but I think they'll live. I think that they did that scene to build up to Dany's feeling of helplessness and marrying the afro dude

I'm not expecting the show to follow the book entirely nor is it fair for me to make such comparisons and expect certain outcomes. But I do want the show to remain awesome and not just another cliche'd series
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 04, 2015 1:41 pm

The Sand Snakes :facepalm:

Good lawd they were terrible. Anyone else notice this really terrible cut?

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 5 JhxESuW

Lawd have mercy.

Last edited by Jonathan28 on Mon May 04, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 04, 2015 2:34 pm

My fears have become true, the Sandsnakes are just as cheesy as they are in the books. I didn't mind Ellaria getting a more prominent role because I like the actress but I thought she would replace Arianne and not... Darkstar(?)

Dorne didn't have any interesting characters aside from Oberyn so maybe I thought they could improve on that, well I guess I was wrong. Still hoping that show Doran is not as much a dumbass as book Doran and actually has a plan which doesn't get his son killed.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 04, 2015 3:34 pm

*bleep* Hollywood bs once again. Guess Grey Worm was chosen as leader cause he's the only one who knows how to use a weapon while the rest of the super elite tropps are only good at ketting killed by some rich guys with knives. WTF is this shit :facepalm:

Sand Snakes pls go and never come back.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 04, 2015 3:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:Still hoping that Others are not the bad guys and Jon Snow lead the army of others against dictator denaerys

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next