McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 2 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:35 pm

wat

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 2 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:08 am

So I started ADWD today. Only two chapters in so far (Prologue + Tyrion)

I should say it's very very good to have Tyrion POV chapters again.

The Prologue seemed quite meh. I had no idea who the guy was until I finished the chapter and even then seemed like a character that was pointless. Well now at least we know he's died his true death and unless OneEye (the wolf he wargs into after his death) becomes significant in this series I see no point in the prologue. One important piece of information was that John Snow is apparently also a warg (skinchanger).

"He had known what Snow was the moment he saw that great white direwolf stalking silent at his side. One skinchanger can always sense another."

As far as the Tyrion chapter :bow: So far I've guessed everything correctly. I knew they were headed for Pentos and Illyrio would be the guy Varys would have him sail to. And I knew it would be Daenarys the topic of discussion. One thing that I'm still wondering about is where Varys had gone. I had it in my head that he would be together with Tryion in the voyage and at Illyrio's manse. I would say the thing that took me aback the most in this chapter is that Tyrion mentioned twice about killing or seeing Jaime dead. I don't want there to be any sort of animosity between the two. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:11 pm

Get in there man Proud

Keep us updated brah, I want to see your reaction when certain stuff happens.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Sansa in the cryps of winterfell:

https://i.imgur.com/Am2NLPV.jpg

Arryn soldiers entering Winterfell (you can see Bolton banners in the background)

https://i.imgur.com/4tyUFdm.jpg

2 possibilities:

A. Sansa becomes the new Jeyne Pool and marries Ramsay (unlikely, they already showed Jeyne Pool)

B. House Arryn becomes the new House Manderly, Littlefinger: "The norf remembers". Does Sansa need to marry Harry the Heir for this?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:11 pm

They are so going to ruin the book for us :facepalm:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:36 am

Wtf is this. Have they gone completely mad? affraid

edit: There's a lot more than that. Spoilerwarning though: https://imgur.com/a/dMJhX
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:53 pm

There's no chance of Sansa taking Jeyne Poole's role after getting back in power last season but yeah she will take Manderlys/Mances role in destroying them internally in some way. I personally think fArya will be played by Emma Maguire who has been cast as "Winterfell Worker"

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 2 Emma-Maguire

She looks like Arya and is willing to play nude scenes according to her CV. Ramsay is going to get really nasty.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:46 pm

Chapter 3 - Dany

Not much to say on this one as it was exactly similar to the one they showed in seasion 4 on GoT with Dany sitting on the throne and listening to people's petitons and complaints.

Too many new Meereenes characters with super difficult names to remember Laughing

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Feel jealous of Don't Call Me Skahaz mo Kandaq. His waiting game for TWOW will be much shorter than ours.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:42 pm

In the long run a few years more don't really make a difference imo :coffee:

Crying or Very sad
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:44 pm

http://grrm.livejournal.com/412882.html

GRRM implying he might be done by July-November ffs. Can you feel the hype?!
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Is that including editing time? Winter 2015 seems possible, and it's in line with how long people expect it to take him. Definitely hope it's out before S6 (April 2016).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Chapter 4 - Jon

Lord Snow Proud Loved the chapter. Should be a goat scene between Stannis/Melisandre and Jon in the show.

Seems like Jon hasn't figured out he's a warg yet but the wolf dreams are happening more often now.

I wonder what Melisandre was getting at when she was walking Jon back to his solar about him needed her help in the future. I'm not sure if she was foreshadowing something there or not.

Dat last line by Melisandre "then you know nothing, Jon Snow: Molenation
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:09 am

Jon knows he's a warg since ACoK, that dream can be better explained later after you've read some other chapters.

Yeah look out for that, Melisandre has taken great interest in Jon.

Btw this chapter is so good:

Spoiler:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:30 pm

GRRM released a new chapter today, it's from Alayne's POV

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Wonder if it is because of the show hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:19 pm

Could be... I believe some lines from the chapter will be used and the teasing/sassy Sansa will come out in S5. And I think it enforces the theory that Sansa or rather Alayne will marry Ramsay in S5. Ugh.

That chapter made me see again how much I want TWoW Mad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:09 pm

How does it reinforce the Ramsay marriage? Harold the Heir is already in the show. I think it's likelier that some of those scenes will be used for the TV series.

First Sansa chapter in 10 years rofl
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Westeros Football League (American)

Some of those are actually rather good hmm

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:25 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How does it reinforce the Ramsay marriage? Harold the Heir is already in the show. I think it's likelier that some of those scenes will be used for the TV series.

First Sansa chapter in 10 years rofl

Wait what? Source?

And I quite enjoyed that chapter. Shadrich the Mad Mouse totally knows Alayne is Sansa. Ffs TWOW will be amazing.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:39 pm

I want it.
NOW
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:40 pm

M99 wrote:Wait what? Source?

And I quite enjoyed that chapter. Shadrich the Mad Mouse totally knows Alayne is Sansa. Ffs TWOW will be amazing.
Isn't he? I seem to recall Littlefinger explaining the Vale line of succession in the show, or am I making this up?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:42 pm

McLewis wrote:Westeros Football League (American)

Some of those are actually rather good hmm

This has only served to remind me how much I dislike Handegg designs Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:24 pm

Nah BC he was never mentioned in the show and has not been cast.

George R.R. Martin determined to finish new 'Thrones' book by 2016

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/03/george-rr-martin-winds-date

One more year guys.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:55 pm

"In one intriguing new wrinkle, Martin says he just came up with a big, revealing twist on a long-time character that he never previously considered. “This is going to drive your readers crazy,” he teases, “but I love it. I’m still weighing whether to go that direction or not. It’s a great twist. It’s easy to do things that are shocking or unexpected, but they have to grow out of characters. They have to grow out of situations. Otherwise, it’s just being shocking for being shocking. But this is something that seems very organic and natural, and I could see how it would happen. And with the various three, four characters involved… it all makes sense. But it’s nothing I’ve ever thought of before. And it’s nothing they can do in the show, because the show has already—on this particular character—made a couple decisions that will preclude it, where in my case I have not made those decisions.” "

Like this very much tbh Thumbs up

zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:12 pm

There's a redditor who's received screeners for the first 4 episodes of S5 and is doing a Q&A.

Some mindblowing stuff for book readers who despise the showm Laughing

"Olly, fetch me the sword" instead of "Edd, fetch me a block" rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next