McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 13 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Dante Thu May 28, 2015 7:11 pm

wrote too much again didn't i hmm

tl:dr : Faegon theory is full of shit , come at me bros

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 13 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Final episode name and synopsis released, looks like no Battle of Winter this season
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Pls link bru.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 28, 2015 10:17 pm

I just cannot ignore all the evidence on Aegon being a Blackfyre.

He forged a new sign for the yard, a three-headed dragon of black iron that he hung from a wooden post. The beast was so big it had to be made in a dozen pieces, joined with rope and wire. When the wind blew it would clank and clatter, so the inn became known far and wide as the Clanking Dragon."
"Is the dragon sign still there?" asked Podrick.
"No," said Septon Meribald. "When the smith's son was an old man, a bastard son of the fourth Aegon rose up in rebellion against his trueborn brother and took for his sigil a black dragon. These lands belonged to Lord Darry then, and his lordship was fiercely loyal to the king. The sign of the black iron dragon made him wroth, so he cut down the post, hacked the sign to pieces, and cast them into the river. One of the dragon's heads washed up on the Quiet Isle many years later, though by that time it was red with rust."

Yeah right, that is just a random passage. No effin way.

And I read the old ADWD drafts and I agree with people who say GRRM edited it because it was too clear Aegon is a Blackfyre. I'll try to look for it again but there was a lot of exposition of the Blackfyres on the chapter and Tyrion overheard Ilyrio whispering about "the sword" which is obviously the sword Blackfyre which was last seen with Bittersteel. There's also the matter of Golden Company, a small boy's clothes that Tyrion wears in Illyrio's house, young Illyrio's statue description sounding a lot like Aegon, Daenerys's vision on the cloth dragon. Can't ignore all the foreshadowing.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 10:20 pm

zigra wrote:Pls link bru.

http://watchersonthewall.com/final-two-game-of-thrones-episodes-of-the-season-titles-and-synopses-revealed/

The amount of people that think that Mother's Mercy = LSH Laughing My god, it's like this fanbase purposely sets itself up to be disappointed. It's obviously a reference to Cersei's punishment, I think Pope Francis even mentioned the exact phrase on the last episode.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Alright Dante let's boil down your argument. Basically you're saying that:

Varys never said he's a Targ, therefore he's a Blackfyre.

Okay, I agree that's a pretty dumb argument. Next.

The only way for this to work is for Illyrio to play Varys.

I'm confused as to how you reach this conclusion. The entire plan is impossible without Varys. If he were a Targ then Varys would have been the one to swap the childs. Varys would thus completely know whether he's a Targ or not.

But I agree with your first paragraphs:

Dante:

It doesn't matter if he's a Targ or a Blackfyre because there's no way to prove it. What matters is that this ambiguity will be used against him when he invades Westeros. People that will not support him will try to discredit him by calling him a pretender or Blackfyre whereas supporters will claim he is a Targ.

I agree with m99 that he's likelier to be a Blackfyre, but it doesn't really matter, because red or black a dragon is still a dragon.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 28, 2015 11:03 pm

Episode 10 is called Mother's Mercy

AFFC Appendix wrote:LADY STONEHEART, a hooded woman, sometimes called MOTHER MERCY, THE SILENT SISTER, and THE HANGWOMAN,

Oh for *bleep* sake, D&D has to be fcking with us now
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Oh please, not you too M99?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Just imagine if it's lady stoneheart saving Sansa...

Even I will forgive DnD for that fan fiction
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 28, 2015 11:18 pm

I've made my peace with it, she is not coming to the show. They said it and Michelle Fairley being on the set would not have been kept quiet. But the episode name ffs, I refuse to believe it was not intentional. Selyse will probably burn Shireen or Daenerys will do some shit (pun intended).

Also on Aegon, TWOIAF established there were quite a few Targ descendants on Essos through Aegon V/Egg's sisters and also Aerion Brightflame had some bastards. Some people think Aegon might be descended from them but I am rock solid on him being a Blackfyre :coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 11:24 pm

The episode name is a blatant reference to the seven though, not to LSH. I feel like people are graping at straws only to be disappointed, we already went through that with the 10 days of xmas Sad (But the last day is the first day of winter! TWOW must be released then!)

I have been burned too hard to go through this hype cycle again
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 29, 2015 1:05 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
zigra wrote:Pls link bru.

http://watchersonthewall.com/final-two-game-of-thrones-episodes-of-the-season-titles-and-synopses-revealed/

The amount of people that think that Mother's Mercy = LSH Laughing My god, it's like this fanbase purposely sets itself up to be disappointed. It's obviously a reference to Cersei's punishment, I think Pope Francis even mentioned the exact phrase on the last episode.

Thank you.
But couldn't "Stannis marches" be the attack? Why mention it otherwise? I mean if he just keeps marching that's quite.. useless?
Though to be fair I don't really like overly packed episodes and the walk of shame, ides of Olly and Battle of Winterfell all in one episode seem quite a lot.

Btw just imagine Jon and Stannis getting killed in the final episode Laughing only scrubs left.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 29, 2015 1:50 am

That's the way it is in the books, right? Marches implies movement but not fighting. It would make sense and I think D&D said the show wouldn't spoil TWOW. But I think quite a few people would be disappointed that the Battle of Winterfell won't be until S6, everyone is expecting it because the show has conditioned us for a big battle by episode 9.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 29, 2015 2:22 am

Well the books had more characters left like Aegon, Euron (Jaime actually doing something) and of course no one ever believed Jon would stay dead. Would be a bigger surprise than Aegon himself imo hmm
What I actually meant however is that quite a lot of people already complained that the show is killing too many of the interesting characters and if they'd lose both Stannis and Jon at the end of the season plus the political end of Cercei they must feel like "wtf is going on I don't want season 6 filled with Sand Snakes, Dany and Samweis lovestory only" :coffee:

Hope you're right regarding the Battle anyway. Well if we get WOW before season 6 Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 29, 2015 8:25 am

I really don't think Battle of Ice is this season. If it was they would have had it all over the trailers. The big battle of the season will be Hardhome on next episode. And I know exactly what will happen.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 29, 2015 7:50 pm

You know that? Like you really know? Or you think that's what going to happen?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 29, 2015 7:57 pm

I saw someone say that on reddit, I'll put it in a spoiler in case someone doesn't want to know (Dante, sorry for the Bronn spoiler bro)

E8/E9 spoilers here

Spoiler:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 29, 2015 7:59 pm

But at least someone has to die there imo hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Spoiler:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 29, 2015 9:03 pm

"If I could do what Ramsay did to you, I would"

DARTH SANSSA!

I think she's going to run away with Theon and get taken captured by Stannis. Ramsay already set the seeds for this last episode when he mentioned "oh and by the way your half brother is head of the night's watch, oh you didn't know that already?"

It would be interesting to see how Stannis reacts to Theon being there, giving him "King's blood"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Damnnnn didn't realise that

Quite sure Sansa will end up going to the night's watch in the end.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 29, 2015 10:39 pm

Sansa of the current season makes me reconsider my decision to watch it. *ugh*

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 30, 2015 12:48 pm

M99 wrote:I just cannot ignore all the evidence on Aegon being a Blackfyre.

He forged a new sign for the yard, a three-headed dragon of black iron that he hung from a wooden post. The beast was so big it had to be made in a dozen pieces, joined with rope and wire. When the wind blew it would clank and clatter, so the inn became known far and wide as the Clanking Dragon."
"Is the dragon sign still there?" asked Podrick.
"No," said Septon Meribald. "When the smith's son was an old man, a bastard son of the fourth Aegon rose up in rebellion against his trueborn brother and took for his sigil a black dragon. These lands belonged to Lord Darry then, and his lordship was fiercely loyal to the king. The sign of the black iron dragon made him wroth, so he cut down the post, hacked the sign to pieces, and cast them into the river. One of the dragon's heads washed up on the Quiet Isle many years later, though by that time it was red with rust."

Yeah right, that is just a random passage. No effin way.

And I read the old ADWD drafts and I agree with people who say GRRM edited it because it was too clear Aegon is a Blackfyre. I'll try to look for it again but there was a lot of exposition of the Blackfyres on the chapter and Tyrion overheard Ilyrio whispering about "the sword" which is obviously the sword Blackfyre which was last seen with Bittersteel. There's also the matter of Golden Company, a small boy's clothes that Tyrion wears in Illyrio's house, young Illyrio's statue description sounding a lot like Aegon, Daenerys's vision on the cloth dragon. Can't ignore all the foreshadowing.

Random?? Probably not. Foreshadowing ? Maybe , maybe not . Can it not be simply background and lore ?? Not everything in these books that seem vague , mysterious or indirect have to be foreshadowing and actually , there can't be so much of foreshadowing all over the place and there's already too much as it is. I think this is simply some well written lore about a place in Westeros , in a very well writen chapter . I get the connection , i honestly do. But this is more or less clutching at straws , when this is being used as evidence . This is as much evidence as it is background for some place in Westeros . However , maybe that's how it was intented to be. Fair enough . In the end , when this is the best argument the faegon believers have , i must say it's not a very solid case to begin with.

Hmm , but didn't he scrap the Blackfyre stuff/war in the end?? I am not quite sure atm , but i remember reading on reddit the community there had reached a point/found out he scrapped the Blackfyre 'return' and that instead of the dance we got the stuff in Meereen. If there's not going to be a second dance , like a repeat of the original , then i don't see why Aegon must/has to be/should be/is faegon. Maybe it was supposed to be faegon; and then GRRM decided he wasn't , maybe that's why paragraphs like the above point to certain things , but with no real substance anymore? I think it's possible that he had planted some signs here and there to point at it , but if he did scrap the Blackfyre 'return' , then it's all moot today and remain as just lore .

As for the clothes Tyrion wore .. i don't see why this should mean he's a Blackfyre. Like , where's the problem if Aegon lived a while with Illyrio anyway? What does that even prove or suggest?? A Targaryen doesn't leave his clothes behind?? I don't get it , Targaryen or Blackfyre , Varys probably had Aegon stay with Illyrio at some point , i don't see what the clothes have to do with it.

For the statue , hmm , is Illyrio a person of grandeur , someone who climbed the laddah from the bottom to the top and is he or is he not someone who was full of himself for what a great bravos (right?) he used to be?? I don't find it implausible for him to have created a statue of his younger self. But , i will concede one thing. This one does make a good case , in the sense that , if Aegon is a Blackfyre , it kinda makes sense to me that Illyrio would do such a thing for him , make a statue for the Great Blackfyre he believes will finally ascend and take revenge for their House. In the end , looks a lot like Aegon , oh well. That's subjective? Illyrio was young once too , given his looks today , any decent young self of his may 'pass' like Aegon in comparison . It's a statue , of which we chance upon through words. Detailed as it might have been , the connection to Aegon is pretty weak , although again , i do concede Illyrio does strike me as such a person that would do such a thing , if he is/was a Blackfyre.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 30, 2015 12:57 pm

I never heard of GRRM completely scrapping a Blackfyre return storyline. Any link to it?

And about the clothes and the statues, that is theory on how Aegon is Illyrio's son instead of Rhaegar's. The male line of Blackfyres went extinct but Illyrio's wife may have been a Blackfyre descendant. I am still 50-50 on Aegon being a Blackfyre but I am pretty sure he is Illyrio's son.

Also another thing. The Mountain smashed the head of the infant against the wall and his face was a bloody mess. Wow that was such a lucky break for Varys. The baby is killed in such a way that no one will be able to recognize if it were a fake. Yeah that's a pretty big coincidence.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 30, 2015 1:00 pm

M99 wrote:I've made my peace with it, she is not coming to the show. They said it and Michelle Fairley being on the set would not have been kept quiet. But the episode name ffs, I refuse to believe it was not intentional. Selyse will probably burn Shireen or Daenerys will do some shit (pun intended).

Also on Aegon, TWOIAF established there were quite a few Targ descendants on Essos through Aegon V/Egg's sisters and also Aerion Brightflame had some bastards. Some people think Aegon might be descended from them but I am rock solid on him being a Blackfyre :coffee:

yeah ive given up on LS myself .

I think the one descended from one of them , is Varys , and not Aegon. Which is why i believe The Mad King brought him to Westeros close to him and why i think he's pro Targaryen today with Aegon. He's descended from Targaryens . Think about it . Of all people , the Mad King brings a stranger from Essos to do such a vital job for him and trust him with very very serious matters . It doesn't make sense , at all . But if he knew Varys was descended from Targaryens?? Gain an ally out of nowhere?? That does makes sense.

Last edited by Dante on Sat May 30, 2015 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 30, 2015 1:11 pm

M99 wrote:I never heard of GRRM completely scrapping a Blackfyre return storyline. Any link to it?

And about the clothes and the statues, that is theory on how Aegon is Illyrio's son instead of Rhaegar's. The male line of Blackfyres went extinct but Illyrio's wife may have been a Blackfyre descendant. I am still 50-50 on Aegon being a Blackfyre but I am pretty sure he is Illyrio's son.

Also another thing. The Mountain smashed the head of the infant against the wall and his face was a bloody mess. Wow that was such a lucky break for Varys. The baby is killed in such a way that no one will be able to recognize if it were a fake. Yeah that's a pretty big coincidence.

This isn't from GRRM . It's what i read from reddit and i agree with it. With a few words , it had something to do with the act 1 , act 2 and act 3 of the entire storyline , something like that. And where it all seemed the Blackfyres would be , we have the Meereen battle . Many thought the Blackfyres have been scrapped because of it , because simply there might not be room and time for it anymore.

Yes , i know the theory. I think it's more complicated to make Aegon be Illyrion's son than Rhaegar's , but that's just me.

As for what you say on Varys . Can't that work for either of us , for our argument?? You say that's convinient for him , i say that's how it happened anyway. I don't see where the problem is . Varys can smuggle anything in and out of King's Landing and especially in and out of the Red Keep. Where's the issue if he sacrificed one of his birds for the prince?? He would never think twice tbh , especially if he was told to by Rhaegar .

I think Varys knew full well of Rhaegar's plan to dethrone his father and Varys believed in him to become a great king. I think this is why Varys adviced the Mad King not to open the gates to Tywin , so when Rhaegar returned , the Targaryens would still have the Throne and Rhaegar could realise his plans.

It all went to shiit , so maybe that's why Varys did what he did , to realise Rhaegar's vision/plans for the Kingdom and reinstall a king that could make it happen. All of this is much simpler of a theory than make a case of Blackfyres and Illyrio in it , don't you think ?

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next