McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 40 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Mon May 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Yeah show Dany is fire immune. Won't be surprised at all if they retcon Jon to be immune to fire too.

Also this episode further convinced me that the Pink Letter is true in the books. Chronologically ADWD is off and Martin said some chapters in TWOW are actually before the ending chapters of ADWD. Stannis will crush the Freys but Roose is not an idiot, he has a plan and Stannis will die.

I also think that Jon was supposed to go to Hardhome in ADWD but GRRM ran out of time. He wanted the book to end with Jon dying so he cancelled the trip and sped up the Pink Letter.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 40 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 16, 2016 6:41 pm

I always believed the Pink Letter was written by Ramsay, it was surprising for me to see so many people not believing it. Maybe some of the information in the letter was not true, maybe he was deceived but he definitely wrote that letter.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 16, 2016 10:17 pm

You plebs, Stannis is going to crush Winterfell.

Though even in that case the letter could be written by Ramsay. But still it doesn't make sense to judge from the show (:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 16, 2016 10:19 pm

I still think the Pink Letter is by Mance Rayder. The North is going to be so different in the books...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 16, 2016 10:45 pm

To be fair good arguments can be made for various people as the author of the letter.. and you can even add that people sometimes get played so not only could the letter be a fake from Stannis or a fake from Mance or truly from Ramsay, but it could also be from Ramsay relying on false information (and of course some other less likely options).

The North storyline will obviously be extremely different. I mean it already IS. Sansa is in the Vale. Jon decided himself to go to Winterfell and he did it while he was still LC. Winterfell is full of traitors. Stannis is actually in a decent position. Mel is at CB and Shireen is alive.

The thing is book and show might get to the same result in the north but it's just as likely they don't. Because they don't have to. Maybe they decided they don't need Stannis and could give Jon (+Sansa?) more to do. It happens all the time in movies and shows that several characters from the original source are put into one, even when they have the full source material avaivable.
Less characters means more screentime for the remaining characters and it's obvious they want to focus more on the actual main and most high profile sidecharacters of the story (Dany/Jon/Bran, Tyrion, Arya, (Cercei)) imo.

I do expect WoW to be pretty bloody, but I don't think he'll cut many PoV-characters as he doesn't want to add any new ones.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 16, 2016 10:57 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I still think the Pink Letter is by Mance Rayder. The North is going to be so different in the books...

What is the motive for Mance Rayder to do this?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 16, 2016 11:51 pm

To bring his wildling army southward without having to go back personally, although I'll admit that's weak. It's just that the way the letter is written (calling him things like "black crows" which are wildling specific) it points to him most of all.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 18, 2016 7:01 am

Remember when I said the show is not that interested in having grey characters so Varys is not killing Kevan and Pycelle? Yeah now I'm convinced Qyburn will do it in the show under orders of Cersei. That little birds scene told me that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 18, 2016 5:40 pm

M99 wrote:Remember when I said the show is not that interested in having grey characters so Varys is not killing Kevan and Pycelle? Yeah now I'm convinced Qyburn will do it in the show under orders of Cersei. That little birds scene told me that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen. Varys apparently leaves Meereen at some point in the season though so he may do it himself.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed May 18, 2016 6:31 pm

always was looking forward to the aegon storyline and the gold company stuff but I guess there's 0 hope for that happening in the show now

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 18, 2016 6:42 pm

No chance. Specially since they killed Doran and he was going to support Aegon's conquest.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 19, 2016 9:36 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4k261b/spoilers_everything_the_forbidden_tomb_in_the/

TLDR: After taking Winterfell Jon will visit the crypts (in the show likely to bury Rickon, who Ned has already made a crypt for as for all his children), he will tour a part of the crypts that collapsed, fix it and find his own crypt ready for him reading "Here lies Jon Snow, son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaeghar Targaryen". The show will then cut to the ToJ flashback scene.

Thoughts? I could see the show going this way,  but not the books

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu May 19, 2016 10:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Seems like an interesting read. Should save it up to read it at work tomorrow (:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 19, 2016 10:31 pm

ffs added a TLDR
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 20, 2016 1:06 pm

I expected the ToJ sooner to be honest but as Bran is already going somewhere else in the next episode they might save it for the end of the season.
So I just read the tldr but it seems plausible for the show. Dunno about the books but the crypts are there for at least some reason I think.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 20, 2016 2:46 pm

It kinda feels cheap to tease the ToJ scene in episode 3 and then wait until episode 10 to reveal it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 20, 2016 5:08 pm

Synopsis for E6:

Spoiler:

Synopsis for E7:

Spoiler:

So hyped for E7 banana

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=39498
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40