junkyard
Pedram
DeletedUser#1
M99
Nishankly
60 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Discussion

Post by rincon Fri 6 Oct - 1:14:02

Romero; Acuna, Otamendi ,Mascherano, Mercado; Biglia, Banega; Papu, Messi, Di Maria; Benedetto

Sampaoli with that extreme hipster choice of playing Benedetto at striker over Icardi, Dybala or Higuain.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Discussion

Post by Luca Fri 6 Oct - 1:16:48

I am deceived.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 6 Oct - 1:37:49

rincon wrote:Romero; Acuna, Otamendi ,Mascherano, Mercado; Biglia, Banega; Papu, Messi, Di Maria; Benedetto

Sampaoli with that extreme hipster choice of playing Benedetto at striker over Icardi, Dybala or Higuain.
If his 30 minutes vs Vzla are anything to judge for Benedetto is smoke and mirrors
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri 6 Oct - 9:21:15

I seriously cannot believe how the other 2 games were on the brink of going in our favor until Ecuador and Colombia screwed it up.

While we are happy with the draw there is huge concern now that Colombia will coming at us with all they got. Yes we have the home crowd but as the qualifiers proved that doesn't mean anything

I cannot believe Messi missed that chance in the opening of the 2nd half. All the pundits in Argentina were right. If Messi was wearing his Barca shirt he would have had a brace

Gallese :bow: to think he recovered from his hand injury and this was his first game back in a month. What a display of goalkeeping. Araujo our young defender from Alianza defended like prime Chumpitaz! Messi could not escape the kid!

If we had players with better experience I think we could've won this. Gareca used the same plan as he used vs ecuador, and it worked but we were missing key players like Cueva and Carrillo that would've enjoyed playing a tired Argentina in the 70th minute
And would've gotten a goal or 2

Seriously, we are all euphoric for the draw, but when Alexis scored and Colombia lost, it turned into nervousness. We have to beat Colombia no matter what and depending on other results we either qualify directly or to the playoff.

The last matches will be very dramatic. 2 will fall while the rest move on. Looking at the fixtures, I'm going to say that it'll be Chile and Paraguay will miss out. Brazil will want to end the qualifiers with a win, and Paraguay although they play ar home they Venezuela who are far from a push over team. Paraguay have struggled at home too. I think Argentina will get the draw at Quito and go above chile in GD. We will see. It's going to be a wild night

Also, congrats to all Germany and England fans on qualifying. Hopefully, Peru will see you there too.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri 6 Oct - 11:04:17

The qualifiers are a real mess right now. This is great going into the last matchday

Brazil 38 (+27 GD) (qualified)
Uruguay 28 (+10 GD) (qualified to playoffs at least)
Chile 26
Colombia 26
Peru 25
Argentina 25
Paraguay 24
Ecuador
Bolivia
Venezuela

Last matchday
Brazil - Chile
Ecuador - Argentina
Paraguay - Venezuela
Peru - Colombia
Uruguay - Bolivia

A loss eliminates Argentina. A draw depends, could get them to play offs or eliminated. A win gets them to play offs or direct depending on other games.

Ecuador has been losing everything lately but they have been hard fought games. Argentina scores less than Venezuela, or anyone else for that matter except Bolivia. They have also only got 1 win away from home (Chile). Very real chance that Argentina don't win this.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 6 Oct - 20:29:26

Wales won :bow:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 6 Oct - 21:34:25

Iceland are some team
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri 6 Oct - 22:07:55

Dat applause when Bernardeschi comes on Proud
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat 7 Oct - 13:19:19

Europe

Already qualified teams: Germany (with Northern Ireland in course for play-off), England, Spain and Belgium.

With two rounds of matches to go, Group A is still pretty open as five points separating four teams. Can France (17) do a 94? They do have an away date with old nemesis Bulgaria (12) while their nearest rival Sweden (16) also has an away game against struggling Netherlands (13).

In Group B, Switzerland (24) just needs to avoid defeat in their remaining games against Hungary and Portugal (21) (away) to qualify.

Serbia (18) losing to already eliminated Austria has made Group D interesting. However, I expect Serbians to win at home against lowly Georgia and qualify while the Wales (17) vs. Ireland (16) game will decide who might get into the play-off.

Poland (22) must avoid defeat against Montenegro (16) who may still harbor hopes of play-off; because Denmark (19), who hosts Romania, has a better head-to-head record.

Slovakia (15) is expected to win at home against Malta; so it’s the Slovenia (14) vs. Scotland (17) games that holds the key to which teams finished behind England in Group F.

I expect Greece (13) will win their remaining games and finish ahead of Bosnia (14) in Group H, but I don’t think that will be enough to make it to the play-off.

Iceland (19) should beat lowly Kosovo at home and qualify from Group I. Ukraine (17) must beat Croatia (17) at home to make it to the play-off.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat 7 Oct - 19:36:21

Sweden winning 7-0..just looked at standings, Netherlands all but out now?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 7 Oct - 19:55:36

What an exhibition ffs :bow: our gd is now +19 Laughing safe to say we are guaranteed at least a play off spot. Hopefully Bulgaria can do us a favour tonight. Need France to draw at least

When will other coaches/players learn not to underestimate/disrespect us before a game

Before the game the Dutch coach said: Sweden won't beat Luxemburg by 8-0, what kind of question is that?

Hate to say it but we just beat Luxemburg 8-0 knobhead
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat 7 Oct - 20:49:58

Matuidi fantastic goal Molenation

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 7 Oct - 21:18:01

Getting excited about beating Luxemburg Laughing

'exhibition' Laughing

Get a grip ffs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 7 Oct - 21:45:37

Please gtfo kindly. Luxemburg held WC final hopefuls to a goalless draw

We made a mockery of Neuer too fyi :coffee:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 7 Oct - 22:13:47

And yet again, Ronaldo comes to the rescue for Portugal. Something a talisman should be doing for their team anyways.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 7 Oct - 22:16:07

Just a curiosity ... but how got Peru 25 points ( same points than Argentina Shocked ) ...? Perhaps it's my problem because I don't follow football as in past, but well, I know 0 players lol
Congrats though
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 7 Oct - 22:16:39

It's unreal how Croatia is going to bottle it.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 7 Oct - 22:47:07

Iwobi sending Nigeria through to the World Cup single handedly

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun 8 Oct - 9:59:00

Robespierre wrote:Just a curiosity ... but how got Peru 25 points ( same points than Argentina Shocked ) ...? Perhaps it's my problem because I don't follow football as in past, but well, I know 0 players lol
Congrats though

A grace from God and a great run of form. The grace being that Bolivia fielded an ineligible player against Peru, and FIFA awarded the win to Peru (Bolivia had actually won that game 2-0). Funny enough it technically ended the bad losing streak we had playing away, I say funny because the next match Peru played after FIFA awarded the points Peru legitimately won their first away game against Paraguay 4-1. Since then, Peru has only once against Brazil at home. Peru took the opportunity and didn't take it for granted. They've won 14 points out of a possible 21 so far. Plus we should add that Ecuador, Chile and Argentina 3 teams that were early on considered to qualify, have choked badly. Ecuador are eliminated and it's possible both Argentina and Chile are both eliminated too

But all credit should be given to Gareca. Not only are we getting results we are doing so with great football. The Uruguay game was the grand showcase on how amazing our offense is. Defense still needs work however.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 8 Oct - 10:35:31

i think it might have been better if England didn't make it to the world cup tbh. we have no chance of winning it and the Russian thugs will just go out looking for the England fans to start trouble with and the press will blame it all on England like they always do
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun 8 Oct - 12:54:18

Unique wrote:i think it might have been better if England didn't make it to the world cup tbh. we have no chance of winning it and the Russian thugs will just go out looking for the England fans to start trouble with and the press will blame it all on England like they always do

True lmao, your post reminded me of an article in the Guardian a while back about 'Russian hooligan groups warning of 100% guaranteed violence for England fans'. Clubber pale

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 8 Oct - 14:18:26

Myesyats wrote:
Unique wrote:i think it might have been better if England didn't make it to the world cup tbh. we have no chance of winning it and the Russian thugs will just go out looking for the England fans to start trouble with and the press will blame it all on England like they always do

True lmao, your post reminded me of an article in the Guardian a while back about 'Russian hooligan groups warning of 100% guaranteed violence for England fans'.  Clubber  pale

the thing is the Russian fans think they are going to war with the English hooligans from the past but the truth is the police and fa have done so much to stop the trouble makers from going to games that most of the England fans now are not out looking for trouble.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 8 Oct - 17:24:15

Egypt vs Congo in an hour and a half, if Egypt win, they qualify for the WC. Sisi (president of Egypt) is attending. Every Egyptian on the planet is tuning in.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun 8 Oct - 17:54:57

Unique wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

True lmao, your post reminded me of an article in the Guardian a while back about 'Russian hooligan groups warning of 100% guaranteed violence for England fans'.  Clubber  pale

the thing is the Russian fans think they are going to war with the English hooligans from the past but the truth is the police and fa have done so much to stop the trouble makers from going to games that most of the England fans now are not out looking for trouble.

When did this evolution of British fans occur? It sure wasn't evident just two years ago in France!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun 8 Oct - 19:20:48

futbol_bill wrote:
Unique wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

When did this evolution of British fans occur? It sure wasn't evident just two years ago in France!
tell me the last time you saw trouble at a England home game or trouble at champions lge games that are played in England. when england fans out number other fans by 100 to 1 and could easy smash the granny out of them you don't see a single bit of trouble. when a few 100 england fans go to france and are out numbered by the Russians you see trouble. it don't take an IQ of 150 to see whats going on.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 8 Oct - 19:55:50

Germany team vs Azerbaijan:
Leno - Mustafi, Süle, Wagner, Stindl, Müller (C), Can, Kimmich, Goretzka, Brandt, Sané. #GERAZE
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next