Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
dostoevsky
Helmer
52 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

UEFA Coefficient development for the next seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: UEFA Coefficient development for the next seasons

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:22 am

S wrote:Absolutely no way Italy is surpassing England next season,not even in 2-3 yrs.

Italy's real target still remains the Bundesliga.

That reality is very tangible next season tbh, there's only a 1.5 diff. between Germany and England. Germany have Fraudsburg, Gladbach, Schalke, Neverkusen and Augsburg. Schalke is in disarray, Gladbach and Augsburg won't cut it, Neverkusen is Neverkusen and Wolfsburg is still a question mark. However, it ultimately depends on Italian teams bettering them.

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

UEFA Coefficient development for the next seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: UEFA Coefficient development for the next seasons

Post by S Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:26 am

Doesnt matter.I dont expect another odd year from PL like this season.
PL's financial might will eventually prevail while the Bundesliga on the other hand are there for the taking provided Italian teams maintain the same level of consistency in the Europa League.
Basically i expect Italy to be stuck with 3 CL spots atleast for another 2-3 yrs.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:40 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
S wrote:Absolutely no way Italy is surpassing England next season,not even in 2-3 yrs.

Italy's real target still remains the Bundesliga.

That reality is very tangible next season tbh, there's only a 1.5 diff. between Germany and England. Germany have Fraudsburg, Gladbach, Schalke, Neverkusen and Augsburg. Schalke is in disarray, Gladbach and Augsburg won't cut it, Neverkusen is Neverkusen and Wolfsburg is still a question mark. However, it ultimately depends on Italian teams bettering them.

Probably but it wont happen as early as next season.

One has to hope to see Bayern choke bad and Juventus to reach final again for that to happen.I'd say its pretty unlikely.
But yeah,i do expect Serie A to surpass bundesliga in the near future.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:48 am

The PL's financial might will only get it so far if it's teams continue to get smashed in the EL, even if it's higher quality teams manage to get deep into the CL. (which, by the way, is still something I hate about the coefficient system)

You've also got a problem in England where the teams that have qualified for the EL genuinely have the money to mount a PL title challenge or at the very least, have the money to get into the top 4 and get themselves a CL place that way. Top 4 in PL is also seen as a more prestigious honour for these clubs' domestic fans than beating Dnipro in some second-rate European competition. The effect of this situation is, bizarrely, to create a disincentive for English clubs to compete in the EL. Added to the mix is that it is arguably somewhat more difficult for these English clubs to get their precious CL spot via EL competition. Not to mention that the EL is a huge drain on their squads - which, again, are potentially vying to win the PL title.

Whereas in Serie A, the likes of Napoli, Lazio, Fiorentina and Samp are more likely to be able to get a CL spot by winning the EL. Even though one of the above might be able to make the top 3 of Serie A once in a while, I can't imagine that this will be the case much longer. Until now the lethargic Milan clubs have been under-performing and I fully expect both of them (yes, even Inter) to re-emerge from the fiery depths of mid-table hell considering that the teams now have serious funds and a whole summer transfer window to do some pillaging.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:58 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Germany have Fraudsburg, Gladbach, Schalke, Neverkusen and Augsburg. Schalke is in disarray, Gladbach and Augsburg won't cut it, Neverkusen is Neverkusen and Wolfsburg is still a question mark.
You know that such disrespect causes bad karma? :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:43 pm

rwo power wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:Germany have Fraudsburg, Gladbach, Schalke, Neverkusen and Augsburg. Schalke is in disarray, Gladbach and Augsburg won't cut it, Neverkusen is Neverkusen and Wolfsburg is still a question mark.
You know that such disrespect causes bad karma? :coffee:

On behalf of Serie A, I would like to articulate my respect for your team the city of Hamburgers. I think that it's a tribute to German discipline and efficiency that in a city which is surely filled to the brim with delicious fast food, the club is able to field a team that doesn't consist entirely of obese players.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Forza wrote:On behalf of Serie A, I would like to articulate my respect for your team the city of Hamburgers. I think that it's a tribute to  German discipline and efficiency that in a city which is surely filled to the brim with delicious fast food, the club is able to field a team that doesn't consist entirely of obese players.
That's because the HSV is sponsored by Kühne, who are known for pickled cucumbers, salad dressings, vinegar, cabbage, vegetables and the like. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:04 pm

BL has a good chance to do well this time

CL -
Bayern Wolfsburg Gladback Leverkusen
EL -
Schalke Augsberg Dortmund

Pretty good if you ask me. These are the best 7 teams & Schalke-Dortmund can go deep into the EL while Augsburg does not have the looser mentality.

Gladbach is a decent team with Favre and have a good midfield and attack provided they replace Kramer & Xhaka.

Wolfsburg have a good team and they are buying guys like Kruse and will further strengthen the team.

Leverkusen also have a decent team and are getting Kramer back to further strengthen.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

UEFA Coefficient development for the next seasons - Page 5 Empty UEFA LEAGUE COEFFICIENT, LIGA WELL AHEAD

Post by breva Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:31 am

La Liga is so far ahead of the other 3 of the top four it really makes one wonder how the EPL is so popular. And, the EPL was so behind La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga last year it doesn't make sense., the popularity that is.
http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:52 am

Didn't realize Portugal is ahead of France lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:44 am

It goes back and forth between 4 and 5. It's that Europa league that kills Ligue 1 because nobody bothers. In Portugal, since the league is far easier, it's feasible for the teams to commit resources to that competition. So our ranking suffers.

Lille no longer being involved in Europe should help a lot since they have been an absolute disaster for years now regardless of CL or Europa. With PSG, Lyon and Monaco in CL and Marseille, St Etienne and Bordeaux in Europa... should be a good year.

Doesn't really matter anyhow. Unless you're top 3... 4-6 is the same in terms of European spots. Never going to get into top 3 anyhow so it's pretty irrelevant.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:56 am

Yeah not surprised to see Portugsl ahead of France. Europa league for many frenchs clubs is a burden. So after losing Coaches be like '' Now we can fully focus on the league '' .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:29 am

breva wrote:La Liga is so far ahead of the other 3 of the top four it really makes one wonder how the EPL is so popular. And, the EPL was so behind La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga last year it doesn't make sense., the popularity that is.
The PL guys are masters of marketing, that's the reason.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:54 am

rwo power wrote:
breva wrote:La Liga is so far ahead of the other 3 of the top four it really makes one wonder how the EPL is so popular. And, the EPL was so behind La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga last year it doesn't make sense., the popularity that is.

The reason is colonialism, the commonwealth and english language.
But sure, they are better at marketing their product too.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 pm

free_cat wrote:
rwo power wrote:

it kills me to say it but England no longer own most of the free world.eco smile the reason is simple. money. UEFA make so much money from English football.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:08 pm

Unique wrote:
free_cat wrote:
rwo power wrote:

it kills me to say it but England no longer own most of the free world.eco smile  the reason is simple. money. UEFA make so much money from English football.

There's no need to own the world to be much more culturally influencing than other competing countries like Spain or Germany bro. Same way spain doesn't own south america anymore but Spanish league is much more followed there.
I'd recommend you to take some history and sociology courses. eco smile

On the subject, I'm very surprised at how close England, Italy and Germany are. Any of them can surpass the other this next season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:15 pm

free_cat wrote:
Unique wrote:
free_cat wrote:

it kills me to say it but England no longer own most of the free world.eco smile  the reason is simple. money. UEFA make so much money from English football.

There's no need to own the world to be much more culturally influencing than other competing countries like Spain or Germany bro. Same way spain doesn't own south america anymore but Spanish league is much more followed there.
I'd recommend you to take some history and sociology courses. eco smile

On the subject, I'm very surprised at how close England, Italy and Germany are. Any of them can surpass the other this next season.
I was joking about England no longer owning the free world. of course we still own the free world. eco smile but English football is made of money and uefa want it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:26 am

After reading some of the recent posts, I don't think some have observed that the BL has already surpassed the EPL but nos. 2,3 and 4 are very close and positions could easily change for these 3 next year.

The current points for 2,3 and 4 are:

BL 65.463
EPL 63.784
Serie A 60.72

So Italy would be gunning for the EPL, not the BL.

No. 5 Portugal is at 43.915. They won't be challenging the top 4.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:46 am

So if an Italian team finishes 4th next year and Italy is No. 3 on the coeff list, will the team be able to play in the CL the following season?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:52 am

The english lge has allways been the most competitive lge in Europe. Bayern are a better team than chelsea. But the next 3 teams in england are better then the next 3 in germany.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:14 am

@ES Don't think so since it starts counting from the season after that.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:37 am

Thanks RG, couldn't remember if the same happened with Germany in '11 but bummer :/
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:43 am

You could be right though.

let's suppose Serie A gets the 4th spot in uefa league this season. Then from next season, 4 serie A teams should go into CL.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:49 am

Unique wrote:The english lge has allways been the most competitive lge in Europe. Bayern are a better team than chelsea. But the next 3 teams in england are better then the next 3 in germany.

I don't get what "most competitive" means. Does it mean that all the teams are mediocre and compete well against each other? In Europe last year, where the teams are compared to the best in Europe the EPL and the BL were about equal and far below both Spain and Italy. I don't think you can say that the teams in the EPL are better than the teams in the BL, the facts don't support that contention.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:20 pm

breva wrote:
Unique wrote:The english lge has allways been the most competitive lge in Europe. Bayern are a better team than chelsea. But the next 3 teams in england are better then the next 3 in germany.

I don't get what "most competitive" means. Does it mean that all the teams are mediocre and compete well against each other? In Europe last year, where the teams are compared to the best in Europe the EPL and the BL were about equal and far below both Spain and Italy. I don't think you can say that the teams in the EPL are better than the teams in the BL, the facts don't support that contention.
what I mean is right now before the start of the season you just know who will win the Spanish. german and Italian titles. cup upsets happen far more in England than the rest of Europe. the top teams in spain Germany and Italy maybe better than Chelsea. but the lge its self is less predictable.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:46 pm

Happy to see serie A make a statement last year and close down the gap on co-efficients. One - two more years of similar exploits and hopefully we'll see the league bring back the forth CL spot.

Well, in all honesty it'll prob go to one of the Milan scrubs so I'm not actually THAT excited for it.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next