Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan?

+31
rincon
M99
Hapless_Hans
free_cat
BarcaLearning
S
The Franchise
Casciavit
breva
farfan
BarcaJuve
T0tti
dronte
McAgger
windkick
McLewis
nichabr
Vibe
Lord Spencer
titosantill
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Bankz
jibers
dostoevsky
djfawnz
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
Robespierre
Kaladin
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan?

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:00 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Robespierre wrote:But who chose to sell Andrea Pirlo in place of midfielder destroyers ?

Laughing

Besides I don't see how being average at Juve means he did a great job at Milan, he can win the *bleep* CL at Juve and still don't change the fact he wasn't good at Milan.

Don't see why Milan fans should change their minds because he happens to be doing OK with his new team. It means absolutely nothing.

Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan? - Page 2 Ay29K

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:06 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Proved right in the end at what? That he is a European genius? That he was served injustice in his sacking? It just seems your support from Allegri stems from his Milan tenure. Whilst he did start on a high note, he gradually went downhill. His tenure with us is littered with mistakes ranging from setting CI precedence over CL to losing to Spurs. Spurs. Crouch knocked us out, let that sink in. I could go on and on about his failures, but let me get back to why he was sacked. 4 wins in 16 games , losing to drawing/losing to relegation fodder and barely putting up a fight against the big teams. The fact of the matter is, he outstayed his welcome, his chapter was over. Seedorf did a brilliant job in the 2nd half of the season for a new coach with no experience at all, 3rd highest team in points during that period with glimpses of possession style football shown against Atleti at home and Juve at home. The fact of the matter is, Allegri had to go, not for the sake of results but for the sake of the team. Now, Allegri very well may progress to the semis, he may very well go to the final, he may very well win the damn thing. But, the fact of the matter is, his time at Milan should've been cut short.

No coach is perfect and Allegri is not without his faults. I am also willing to accept that his third season at Milan was a flop, it certainly was. But I feel that this last season there has tarnished his reputation a bit, letting us forget that for the seasons before that he consistently punched above his weight with a team that was losing stars every transfer period and had to deal with very constrained resources to replace them. Not only that, but I feel that he has also been made into a scapegoat, with some fans at the time arguing that he was the primary reason Milan found themselves in that dilemma rather than 4 years of depleting quality of the squad. Perhaps it's because since I'm not a Milan fan I didn't have to live his mistakes, but it seems to me that on the balance his stay at Milan was very positive and that on a tactical level he is one of the most promising Italian coaches under 50.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:Proved right in the end at what? That he is a European genius? That he was served injustice in his sacking? It just seems your support from Allegri stems from his Milan tenure. Whilst he did start on a high note, he gradually went downhill. His tenure with us is littered with mistakes ranging from setting CI precedence over CL to losing to Spurs. Spurs. Crouch knocked us out, let that sink in. I could go on and on about his failures, but let me get back to why he was sacked. 4 wins in 16 games , losing to drawing/losing to relegation fodder and barely putting up a fight against the big teams. The fact of the matter is, he outstayed his welcome, his chapter was over. Seedorf did a brilliant job in the 2nd half of the season for a new coach with no experience at all, 3rd highest team in points during that period with glimpses of possession style football shown against Atleti at home and Juve at home. The fact of the matter is, Allegri had to go, not for the sake of results but for the sake of the team. Now, Allegri very well may progress to the semis, he may very well go to the final, he may very well win the damn thing. But, the fact of the matter is, his time at Milan should've been cut short.

No coach is perfect and Allegri is not without his faults. I am also willing to accept that his third season at Milan was a flop, it certainly was. But I feel that this last season there has tarnished his reputation a bit, letting us forget that for the seasons before that he consistently punched above his weight with a team that was losing stars every transfer period and had to deal with very constrained resources to replace them. Not only that, but I feel that he has also been made into a scapegoat, with some fans at the time arguing that he was the primary reason Milan found themselves in that dilemma rather than 4 years of depleting quality of the squad. Perhaps it's because since I'm not a Milan fan I didn't have to live his mistakes, but it seems to me that on the balance his stay at Milan was very positive and that on a tactical level he is one of the most promising Italian coaches under 50.

I respectfully disagree, the only season where Allegri 'punched above his weight' was the 2012/13 season in which he scrapped up 3rd with a torn squad. However, his 2nd season (2011/12), was one of the biggest botch-ups in a title race i've ever seen. He lost to a Juventus side that drew more times than than a Yu Gi Oh game. Not to mention his decision to play TS (who just came back from injury) in a CI game rather than the upcoming fixture against Barca (The one we drew 0-0). Additionally, his initial season saw him receive Ibra, Robinho and KPB. Couple that with Mourinho's departure from Inter and Rafa's arrival then Rafa's departure and Leo's arrival. No one truly challenged us, except Inter during the last couple of matchdays thanks to a Palermo loss with Ibra suspended (Shocker). Nobody fully faults him for the crap 2013/14 season, however he shares a lot of the portion of the blame.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
Robespierre wrote:But who chose to sell Andrea Pirlo in place of midfielder destroyers ?

Laughing

Besides I don't see how being average at Juve means he did a great job at Milan, he can win the *bleep* CL at Juve and still don't change the fact he wasn't good at Milan.

Don't see why Milan fans should change their minds because he happens to be doing OK with his new team. It means absolutely nothing.

THIS.....fans think football or anything for that matter is always black and white, there is a grey area. did the guy fail at milan? yes, he made some poor decisions in the final run, it wasn't solely his fault, it also had to do with management, but the fact that milan are still crap doesn't exonerate him. Just means he wasn't the only reason for their failure. and success at juve counts for little in comparison to the milan scenario, they have won like 3 straight seria a titles before him and established dominance in the league prior to......now if he went there and failed there, after there recent success, one can point to his general management skills and question it....all doesn't change the fact he messed up at milan
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:56 am

If I am to rate Allegri's entire stint at Milan, I would give him a C+.

He did well to win his first season in Milan, but he did so with Carlo's player's giving their final stand as well as with Ibra. In his second season, we saw his decision regarding Pirlo biting in the ass, and I truley believe we wouldn't be in this situations had we won the scudetto twice in a row.

As for his final two season, he did well to recover after a disastrous first half to get us CL. But undid all his good work in the last season.

In the CL, I think he played the Barca matches well, but generally flopped. Especially as I think Milan were a better team than Spurs when we got dumped by them.

As for team building, I put the blame squarely in the backroom staff's shoulder's there.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Vibestradamus never got off the Allegri train :coffee:

He's one of those managers who need to be paired with a great sporting director in order to build the team,otherwise you'll end up with a bunch of average players that might overachieve in a mid table club but get exposed on higher level.

At Milan,he stumbled upon Nesta,Silva and Ibrahimovic,at Juve he stubled upon Pogba,Vidal and Tevez.Once he gets the tools,he knows how to work with them.But someone else needs to buy the right tools.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:24 pm

I had theory that Allegri didn't care the last season he was at Milan because of the constant disrespect he got from Berlusconi in particular and just didn't try....other seasons he was great minus a few decisions here and there.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:11 pm

I still maintain that virtually any coach worth his footballing salt could've done what Allegri's done so far. He walked into a team already constructed to win titles. His only challenge has been keeping them motivated and he's done that with ease.

Allegri should be judged next season when he actually starts molding this squad into his own image, tactics and priniciples.

If it's not broke, don't fix it....Allegri knows this and adhered to it. Simple as that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:37 pm

I agree with McLewis
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:55 pm

So do I

Even if they get to the CL semis they would have had one of the easiest paths to get there in a very long time.

All they needed was to get ahead of Malmo and Olympiakos to qualify from the group Laughing

And then face the worst Dortmund side in half a decade. And now Monaco in the quarters who, by many, were considered the easiest draw for the quarters.

I think Conte would have been able to do the same thing and get them to where they are today.

Allegri deserves praise of course, can't just completely take all the credit away from him but this Juve side are too good and it wouldn't matter who is in charge as long as they have a brain they could do well.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:41 pm

We shouldn't be speaking about the results here solely. Allegri was capable of changing formations and rotating players almost perfectly, which was nowhere to be seen last year. His tactical movements are well above Conte's standards, and this hugely contributed to our great fitness level for the spring (you could see against Dortmund, while in Serie A it was mostly just resting and grinding out results).

I seriously doubt Conte would have been able to get this far. Fatigue would have killed us already, and come on, we didn't have a harder group last year in CL either, and still crashed out with shameful performances..

Not to mention we are plagued by injuries this year, unlike the last 3 years, and still performing well when we have to.

I'm not saying he has done an extraordinary job (I think we can surely evaluate at the end of the season) but he definitely exceeded the expectations (at least mine).

Also it will be a huge job to mentally prepare the team for the quarters. We haven't been in the semis for a loooong time, great pressure on our shoulders. Not to mention Allegri has to make sure the team does not underestimate Monaco, as Arsenal did. It IS a huge challenge.

Last edited by dronte on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by T0tti Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Conte failed to qualify from a group of Galatasaray and Copenhagen last year..

as for Allegri, the only time Ibra failed to win the league was under him in his last year at Milan Very Happy
T0tti
T0tti
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:07 am

Lippi: 'I see myself in Allegri'

http://www.football-italia.net/64320/lippi-i-see-myself-allegri
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaJuve Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:39 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Us Allegri suppporters (and by "us" I really mean "me" since I can't recall anyone else defending his Milan haydays) have been proved right in the end Proud

he's an underrated manager. He doesn't have the media charm of a Klopp or the attention-grabbing nature of Mourinho

BarcaJuve
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:54 pm

BarcaJuve wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Us Allegri suppporters (and by "us" I really mean "me" since I can't recall anyone else defending his Milan haydays) have been proved right in the end Proud

he's an underrated manager. He doesn't have the media charm of a Klopp or the attention-grabbing nature of Mourinho

he also doesn't have the accomplishments that warrant putting him in the same category as the guys you just mentioned .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:21 pm

I am pleasantly surprised at Allegri's willingness to mix things up. Unlike Conte who had one idea, executed it almost perfectly but it was one god damn idea nonetheless.

We WILL play 3-5-2 we WILL grind out results and we WILL soak up pressure without a counter attacking threat.

Now go get 'em boys.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 pm

I think that if you compare his performance with Milan to the performance of the managers that came after him at Milan, he is either a genius comparatively, or the managers that came after were/are absolute morons.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:51 pm

You mean Seedorf, the guy who spontaneously quit playing in Brazil and flew to Italy to coach Milan without a coaching license, and Pippo who had a year and a half experience at Primavera?

No yardsticks for me here, at least not in Seedorf's case, you can make an argument for Pippo but he still had a better start to our season and was in a better state than when Allegri left, since we were hovering around 13-11th at that time.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:39 pm

Allegri deserves a lot of praise especially for tactical flexibility ( Conte had none), rotating players and having the guts to change formations when it most mattered. Plus he always fixes what he sees wrong in the team and learns from every game. His interviews are awesome. Trust me you have to be Juventus fan to see these things. Plus he managed almsot whole season with shitty Pirlo, Off form Vidal, Injured Barzagli and Asamoah.

Pirlo,Vidal and Barzagli are key players for us. And its not easy to just take a team that won 3 scudetti in a row and keep it motivated, you all know examples which failed.

So far 10/10 from me.

If we had Conte our players would be fatigued in December.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:06 pm

This thread is in the context of acquitting Allegri from his last season at Milan, not his current tenure.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:28 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:This thread is in the context of acquitting Allegri from his last season at Milan, not his current tenure.

I was referring to other comments Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Let's add "Beat Real Madrid 2-1 at home in the CL semis" to the what has he done list.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 05, 2015 9:43 pm

LOL ANY Manager would have beaten Madrid. He got lucky. I mean Big sam would have pulled this off as well. With Carlton cole replacing Morata.

:coffee:

haters pls respond

Allegri Molenation

--------------------

Seriously, his gameplan was really good. Invited pressure from Madrid while tried to win the ball as high as Juve could. The over the top balls worked really well as Madrid tried to move forward. They really should have scored more than 2 goals.

But Juve did get lucky on few occasions. Think Pirlo was quite hit n miss. Pogba can't come soon enough.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 05, 2015 9:46 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:

Laughing

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Juve were also unlucky (think mostly Llorente). It evened out imo.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 05, 2015 9:48 pm

He'll never be vindicated as i said but at the end of the day he's doing great for Juve right now and that's all that matters.

Good luck to him, although it doesn't escape the fact he was poor at Milan.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next