Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan?

+31
rincon
M99
Hapless_Hans
free_cat
BarcaLearning
S
The Franchise
Casciavit
breva
farfan
BarcaJuve
T0tti
dronte
McAgger
windkick
McLewis
nichabr
Vibe
Lord Spencer
titosantill
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Bankz
jibers
dostoevsky
djfawnz
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
Robespierre
Kaladin
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan?

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:39 pm

Allegri deserves a lot of praise especially for tactical flexibility ( Conte had none), rotating players and having the guts to change formations when it most mattered. Plus he always fixes what he sees wrong in the team and learns from every game. His interviews are awesome. Trust me you have to be Juventus fan to see these things. Plus he managed almsot whole season with shitty Pirlo, Off form Vidal, Injured Barzagli and Asamoah.

Pirlo,Vidal and Barzagli are key players for us. And its not easy to just take a team that won 3 scudetti in a row and keep it motivated, you all know examples which failed.

So far 10/10 from me.

If we had Conte our players would be fatigued in December.

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan?

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:06 pm

This thread is in the context of acquitting Allegri from his last season at Milan, not his current tenure.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:28 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:This thread is in the context of acquitting Allegri from his last season at Milan, not his current tenure.

I was referring to other comments Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Let's add "Beat Real Madrid 2-1 at home in the CL semis" to the what has he done list.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 05, 2015 9:43 pm

LOL ANY Manager would have beaten Madrid. He got lucky. I mean Big sam would have pulled this off as well. With Carlton cole replacing Morata.

:coffee:

haters pls respond

Allegri Molenation

--------------------

Seriously, his gameplan was really good. Invited pressure from Madrid while tried to win the ball as high as Juve could. The over the top balls worked really well as Madrid tried to move forward. They really should have scored more than 2 goals.

But Juve did get lucky on few occasions. Think Pirlo was quite hit n miss. Pogba can't come soon enough.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 05, 2015 9:46 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Robespierre wrote:But who chose to sell Andrea Pirlo in place of midfielder destroyers ?

Laughing

Besides I don't see how being average at Juve means he did a great job at Milan, he can win the *bleep* CL at Juve and still don't change the fact he wasn't good at Milan.

Don't see why Milan fans should change their minds because he happens to be doing OK with his new team. It means absolutely nothing.

Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan? - Page 2 Ay29K
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Juve were also unlucky (think mostly Llorente). It evened out imo.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 05, 2015 9:48 pm

He'll never be vindicated as i said but at the end of the day he's doing great for Juve right now and that's all that matters.

Good luck to him, although it doesn't escape the fact he was poor at Milan.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue May 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Is it really that hard to admit he's done well at Juventus, but made many faults at Milan?

Congrats to him, but it doesn't take away the fact he's made some questionable decisions in the past.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 05, 2015 9:59 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:This thread is in the context of acquitting Allegri from his last season at Milan, not his current tenure.

It wasn't really about acquitting him but rather about restoring his reputation after leaving a club in disgrace.

Tbf some of the posts here have opened my eyes about just how bad his 3rd season at Milan was, and about how his previous 2 were not as good as I thought they were.

Still fun to bump though :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 05, 2015 10:16 pm

Well judging both Milan and SexxxLlegri's time after they parted ways, I'd say it was more Milans fault than Allegri's so he's not only vindicated, he is a hero. The hero Milan deserved, not the one it needed right then.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Outclassed Ancelotti over 2 legs Laughing

Where are the haters now?

Great great tactician.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Did a great job, I am on record as one of his biggest fans...but he almost messed this up with his subs.

Pirlo should have came off about 15 minutes earlier than he did.

Pogba was begging to get taken off.

They needed something, anything up front to keep the waves of Madrid attacks off...Llorente came late and had that impact, just by bringing down 3-4 balls. Should have came sooner.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 13, 2015 10:00 pm

The Franchise wrote:Did a great job, I am on record as one of his biggest fans...but he almost messed this up with his subs.

They needed something, anything up front to keep the waves of Madrid attacks off...Llorente came late and had that impact, just by bringing down 3-4 balls. Should have came sooner.

Yea agreed there. Was asking for Sturaro/Pereyra to come on for Pirlo even in the first half because I thought he had quite a poor match overall. His passing was hit n miss most of the time.

Not a big fan of Llorente but he did well late on.

Wonder if he sticks with the same team in the final
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 13, 2015 10:00 pm

ugh
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Pure sex from sexllegri

Absolutely adore him
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 13, 2015 10:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Did a great job, I am on record as one of his biggest fans...but he almost messed this up with his subs.

Yea agreed there. Was asking for Sturaro/Pereyra to come on for Pirlo even in the first half because I thought he had quite a poor match overall. His passing was hit n miss most of the time.

Not a big fan of Llorente but he did well late on.

Wonder if he sticks with the same team in the final

This really wasnt the game for Pirlo I think. He looked slow in all areas, he even seemed to take half a second longer to make the pass.

They startling line up was good imo, but when the game changed I felt he was lucky Madrid didnt score before he made the changes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed May 13, 2015 10:15 pm

If Pirlo was subbed 15 minutes before he was subbed, the attack that ended with the goal wouldn't have been initiated.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:

If Pirlo was subbed 15 minutes before he was subbed, the attack that ended with the goal wouldn't have been initiated.

Or maybe someone else does that, or does something else. I didnt say take Pirlo off for a traffic cone.

In any event, he should have come off earlier...when exactly is something to think about, but defiantly earlier than he did.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 14, 2015 8:46 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I am pleasantly surprised at Allegri's willingness to mix things up. Unlike Conte who had one idea, executed it almost perfectly but it was one god damn idea nonetheless.

We WILL play 3-5-2 we WILL grind out results and we WILL soak up pressure without a counter attacking threat.

Now go get 'em boys.

I never followed Juve closely, so can I ask what exactly is this idea? And so in the end Conte left due to what reasons?

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Thu May 14, 2015 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 14, 2015 8:47 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Us Allegri suppporters (and by "us" I really mean "me" since I can't recall anyone else defending his Milan haydays) have been proved right in the end Proud

Arqui and I also defended him.
He had a rubbish team towards the end.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 14, 2015 9:15 am

The Franchise wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Or maybe someone else does that, or does something else. I didnt say take Pirlo off for a traffic cone.

In any event, he should have come off earlier...when exactly is something to think about, but defiantly earlier than he did.

I thought Pirlo was much better 2nd half than 1st half though.

The main thing that I find interesting though is - right after half time, for a short while Real were all over Juve and looked the better team in a way they hadn't all 1st half.
I remember thinking 'oh dear Juve hasn't come out of the dressing room'.

Then, around 50m, Real just stopped playing meaningful attacks. They gave away 3-4 completely unnecessary balls in a row simply by just hoofing it from deep towards Buffon without anyone there, very odd and without pressure.
In that moment they forfeited their momentum and gave the game away I think, as suddenly Juve was back in.

I thought that was very strange - maybe they thought 'wait a minute why are we rushing forward like this, we're going through as it stands'. Had they continued I think they'd had a second goal soon.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 04, 2017 2:18 pm

Is there any doubt left?

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Casciavit wrote:Is it really that hard to admit he's done well at Juventus, but made many faults at Milan?

Congrats to him, but it doesn't take away the fact he's made some questionable decisions in the past.

What exactly has changed from this?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Only people who don't rate him now are some thick headed Milan fans who still believe he was mainly responsible for their demise in his tenure. Like they are too stubborn to admit they were horribly wrong.

Top 2 coach of all time in Juventus history if he wins the treble this year for me.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 04, 2017 2:54 pm

I love Max but top 2 is too much for me. Lippi and Trappatoni are there.

IF we make the final and make the CL then he start to get in the conversation. Then he, for me, he would have to renew and stay for a long time.

He does remind me a lot Lippi. Love it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next