Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Has Allegri been vindicated for his last season at Milan?

Post by Casciavit on Wed May 13, 2015 10:00 pm

ugh

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Wed May 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Pure sex from sexllegri

Absolutely adore him
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed May 13, 2015 10:15 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:Did a great job, I am on record as one of his biggest fans...but he almost messed this up with his subs.

Pirlo should have came off about 15 minutes earlier than he did.

Pogba was begging to get taken off.

They needed something, anything up front to keep the waves of Madrid attacks off...Llorente came late and had that impact, just by bringing down 3-4 balls. Should have came sooner.

Yea agreed there. Was asking for Sturaro/Pereyra to come on for Pirlo even in the first half because I thought he had quite a poor match overall. His passing was hit n miss most of the time.

Not a big fan of Llorente but he did well late on.

Wonder if he sticks with the same team in the final

This really wasnt the game for Pirlo I think. He looked slow in all areas, he even seemed to take half a second longer to make the pass.

They startling line up was good imo, but when the game changed I felt he was lucky Madrid didnt score before he made the changes.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer on Wed May 13, 2015 10:15 pm

@The Franchise wrote:Did a great job, I am on record as one of his biggest fans...but he almost messed this up with his subs.

They needed something, anything up front to keep the waves of Madrid attacks off...Llorente came late and had that impact, just by bringing down 3-4 balls. Should have came sooner.

If Pirlo was subbed 15 minutes before he was subbed, the attack that ended with the goal wouldn't have been initiated.
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed May 13, 2015 10:27 pm

@Lord Spencer wrote:

If Pirlo was subbed 15 minutes before he was subbed, the attack that ended with the goal wouldn't have been initiated.

Or maybe someone else does that, or does something else. I didnt say take Pirlo off for a traffic cone.

In any event, he should have come off earlier...when exactly is something to think about, but defiantly earlier than he did.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Thu May 14, 2015 8:46 am

@Tomwin Lannister wrote:I am pleasantly surprised at Allegri's willingness to mix things up. Unlike Conte who had one idea, executed it almost perfectly but it was one god damn idea nonetheless.

We WILL play 3-5-2 we WILL grind out results and we WILL soak up pressure without a counter attacking threat.

Now go get 'em boys.

I never followed Juve closely, so can I ask what exactly is this idea? And so in the end Conte left due to what reasons?

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Thu May 14, 2015 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu May 14, 2015 8:47 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Us Allegri suppporters (and by "us" I really mean "me" since I can't recall anyone else defending his Milan haydays) have been proved right in the end Proud

Arqui and I also defended him.
He had a rubbish team towards the end.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu May 14, 2015 9:15 am

@The Franchise wrote:
@Lord Spencer wrote:

Or maybe someone else does that, or does something else. I didnt say take Pirlo off for a traffic cone.

In any event, he should have come off earlier...when exactly is something to think about, but defiantly earlier than he did.

I thought Pirlo was much better 2nd half than 1st half though.

The main thing that I find interesting though is - right after half time, for a short while Real were all over Juve and looked the better team in a way they hadn't all 1st half.
I remember thinking 'oh dear Juve hasn't come out of the dressing room'.

Then, around 50m, Real just stopped playing meaningful attacks. They gave away 3-4 completely unnecessary balls in a row simply by just hoofing it from deep towards Buffon without anyone there, very odd and without pressure.
In that moment they forfeited their momentum and gave the game away I think, as suddenly Juve was back in.

I thought that was very strange - maybe they thought 'wait a minute why are we rushing forward like this, we're going through as it stands'. Had they continued I think they'd had a second goal soon.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu May 04, 2017 2:18 pm

Is there any doubt left?

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Thu May 04, 2017 2:39 pm

@Casciavit wrote:Is it really that hard to admit he's done well at Juventus, but made many faults at Milan?

Congrats to him, but it doesn't take away the fact he's made some questionable decisions in the past.

What exactly has changed from this?

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Thu May 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Only people who don't rate him now are some thick headed Milan fans who still believe he was mainly responsible for their demise in his tenure. Like they are too stubborn to admit they were horribly wrong.

Top 2 coach of all time in Juventus history if he wins the treble this year for me.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Thu May 04, 2017 2:54 pm

I love Max but top 2 is too much for me. Lippi and Trappatoni are there.

IF we make the final and make the CL then he start to get in the conversation. Then he, for me, he would have to renew and stay for a long time.

He does remind me a lot Lippi. Love it.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu May 04, 2017 2:55 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Lippi: 'I see myself in Allegri'

http://www.football-italia.net/64320/lippi-i-see-myself-allegri

@Rincon

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu May 04, 2017 2:57 pm

@M99 wrote:
@Casciavit wrote:Is it really that hard to admit he's done well at Juventus, but made many faults at Milan?

Congrats to him, but it doesn't take away the fact he's made some questionable decisions in the past.

I respect you trying but everyone is just going to ignore this to further their agenda.

Hell they already are Laughing

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Thu May 04, 2017 3:00 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Lippi: 'I see myself in Allegri'

http://www.football-italia.net/64320/lippi-i-see-myself-allegri

@Rincon

Lippi Proud

Exactly what I was thinking.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Thu May 04, 2017 3:04 pm

@M99 wrote:

Similar to the Higuain debacle, nothing has changed. Milan fans remember his time at Milan (duh) and recall the wrongs he did while Jjuve fans wanna move on and tell people how much he has improved or whatever.

Just replace Allegri with Higuain and Milan with Madrid and you have a similar discussion.

I told you so
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Thu May 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Arq is gonna come here and spin this around regarding Allegri and Milan

I'm sorry Arq but this is a civil war with Milan fans, and you're on the wrong side

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca on Thu May 04, 2017 3:15 pm

ES wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Us Allegri suppporters (and by "us" I really mean "me" since I can't recall anyone else defending his Milan haydays) have been proved right in the end Proud

Proved right in the end at what? That he is a European genius? That he was served injustice in his sacking? It just seems your support from Allegri stems from his Milan tenure. Whilst he did start on a high note, he gradually went downhill. His tenure with us is littered with mistakes ranging from setting CI precedence over CL to losing to Spurs. Spurs. Crouch knocked us out, let that sink in. I could go on and on about his failures, but let me get back to why he was sacked. 4 wins in 16 games , losing to drawing/losing to relegation fodder and barely putting up a fight against the big teams. The fact of the matter is, he outstayed his welcome, his chapter was over. Seedorf did a brilliant job in the 2nd half of the season for a new coach with no experience at all, 3rd highest team in points during that period with glimpses of possession style football shown against Atleti at home and Juve at home. The fact of the matter is, Allegri had to go, not for the sake of results but for the sake of the team. Now, Allegri very well may progress to the semis, he may very well go to the final, he may very well win the damn thing. But, the fact of the matter is, his time at Milan should've been cut short.

You shittin me?
How is it not going to go downhill? He lost the best CB and CF in the world, with no replacement, because Berlusconi let his daughters vagina make business decisions. Instead of getting a much needed 45 mil for Pato, they ended up having to sell Ibra and Thiago Silva the next year.
plus lost a player like Seedorf AND lost the gratest playmaker in cub history, his fault, but still no replacement.
He's not Jesus.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Thu May 04, 2017 3:16 pm

@rincon wrote:I love Max but top 2 is too much for me. Lippi and Trappatoni are there.

IF we make the final and make the CL then he start to get in the conversation. Then he, for me, he would have to renew and stay for a long time.

Did you read my post correctly?

IF he wins the treble, he is comfortably in the conversation among all time great coaches of Juventus. Forget cl, no coach has won domestic double for 3 years in a row. Winning CL along with that would simply cement his position with Trap and Lippi.
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Thu May 04, 2017 3:24 pm

@FilthyLuca wrote:
ES wrote:

Proved right in the end at what? That he is a European genius? That he was served injustice in his sacking? It just seems your support from Allegri stems from his Milan tenure. Whilst he did start on a high note, he gradually went downhill. His tenure with us is littered with mistakes ranging from setting CI precedence over CL to losing to Spurs. Spurs. Crouch knocked us out, let that sink in. I could go on and on about his failures, but let me get back to why he was sacked. 4 wins in 16 games , losing to drawing/losing to relegation fodder and barely putting up a fight against the big teams. The fact of the matter is, he outstayed his welcome, his chapter was over. Seedorf did a brilliant job in the 2nd half of the season for a new coach with no experience at all, 3rd highest team in points during that period with glimpses of possession style football shown against Atleti at home and Juve at home. The fact of the matter is, Allegri had to go, not for the sake of results but for the sake of the team. Now, Allegri very well may progress to the semis, he may very well go to the final, he may very well win the damn thing. But, the fact of the matter is, his time at Milan should've been cut short.

You shittin me?
How is it not going to go downhill? He lost the best CB and CF in the world, with no replacement, because Berlusconi let his daughters vagina make business decisions. Instead of getting a much needed 45 mil for Pato, they ended up having to sell Ibra and Thiago Silva the next year.
plus lost a player like Seedorf AND lost the gratest playmaker in cub history, his fault, but still no replacement.
He's not Jesus.

His second season was filled with countless mistakes, the fact of the matter is Juve shouldn't have won that scudetto, disallowed goal aside. He's done a terrible job that season. The season after we were subject to ver generous ref decisions if i do say so myself, the one after was a complete shitshow. I don't know what you're trying to get, but i 've seen this line of argument before, losing Silva and Ibra doesn't excuse him from retarded stuff like playing Urby as ST/AM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Thu May 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Hate this narrative that if anyone is doing good now he never did anything wrong in past. People learn from their mistakes and grow.
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca on Thu May 04, 2017 3:41 pm

My point is that team got gutted to shit. Ive seen very few sports teams lose that much talent so fast, and the replacements were garbage or head cases.

Not sure how fair it is to point to individual decisions and judge his season on them. I could do the same for conte and his horrible man management and substitutions, or him insisting Peluso is CL quality. He sure made a lot of f$cked up decisions when he was here.

You need talent to win, and Milans best player was Jeremy Menez.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Thu May 04, 2017 3:51 pm

@S wrote:
@rincon wrote:I love Max but top 2 is too much for me. Lippi and Trappatoni are there.

Did you read my post correctly?

IF he wins the treble, he is comfortably in the conversation among all time great coaches of Juventus. Forget cl, no coach has won domestic double for 3 years in a row. Winning CL along with that would simply cement his position with Trap and Lippi.

Yes I know, if wins the trebble. Thats fine, I was just giving my opinion too. Its just that for me it would take more longevity than these 3 wonderful years. Trapp coached us for some 13 seasons and Lippi for me is the Juve GOAT.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Thu May 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Allegri has never managed Jeremy Menez

Kindly be quiet if you don't know what you're talking about

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Thu May 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Sacking Allegri was not the worst mistake made by Berlusconi at the time. That could have been ok given the circumstances. It was the awful squad rejuvenation plus replacing him with Seedorf and then Inzaghi
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca on Thu May 04, 2017 4:05 pm

ES wrote:Allegri has never managed Jeremy Menez

Kindly be quiet if you don't know what you're talking about

Oh Ok, well in that case everything i said was wrong.

my bad Bro, just insert which every mediocre nobody ass player Milan had at the time thats no longer there. the team was garbage, plain and simple. And 2 years later (or whatever) theyre still trash.
Thats not Allegris fault.

Last edited by FilthyLuca on Thu May 04, 2017 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next