Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
StrugaRock
RealGunner
36 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Official: Real Madrid sign Danilo - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: Real Madrid sign Danilo

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 am

Carvajal is a surprise for me because he was known as an offensive fullback at Castilla...  his defense was questionable.  Then he spends 1 year in Bundi and becomes the opposite Laughing

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official: Real Madrid sign Danilo - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: Real Madrid sign Danilo

Post by Pip Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:32 am

I remember reading that Carvajal was excellent in Germany. I did not see him play but I recall him being mentioned as one of the best right backs in the Bundesliga for the one season. Maybe someone else can clarify.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:19 am

yeah he was... very good in his one season in Bundi. Still surprised how he turned out. He was being used as a wingback at Castilla before going to Leverkusen.

He's still only 23 years old. Nowhere near a finished product and already pretty good.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:24 am

He was offensively very good in Germany but defensively crap, Lars Bender did a lot of covering for him.

The best RB in Germany was media hype, big lol @ him being better than Lahm and Pizza cheque when Dortmund was actually legit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:36 am

I actually watched quite a few Leverkusen games that year because of Carvajal and he looked good defensively... wasn't crap at all. He wasn't as good or better than Lahm obviously and nobody was saying that in Bundi... but they did say he was likely the second best RB in the league and i agreed with that. P---k of Dortmund was actually pretty meh that season because he was horrible in Euro 2012 and didn't recover well. Carvajal had a good argument.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:00 am

its a good move. on paper we have depth at wing back, but on the pitch we lack it....arbeloa and coentrao are either garbage or always injured. i hear we are also linked with gaya who could be marcelo's back up or competition. as for bale, sportsczy, of course he's going nowhere, that has never been florentino's approach to sell a galactico after only two seasons, and whilst we may not like it, when you invest over a 100 mill in something or someone regardless of a lack of end product at the moment, its hard to drop it cos you would be considered a failure in such an investment...which is why i've always said any formation people want to suggest on this forum should have bale in it, cos right now he has the backing of the president, and when florentino supports a player, he disturbingly goes all out in doing so. our best hope is that he either comes good, or the rotations are done right in the next couple of games as well as next season
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:35 am

I love when Madrid buy so many players that half the team is surplus to requirements. This means they'll be ripe for the picking in the next transfer window.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:33 am

u mean ripe for picking like when we sold di maria for 75 mil? or ozil for 50 mil? we have learnt. come at us Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:05 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:u mean ripe for picking like when we sold di maria for 75 mil? or ozil for 50 mil? we have learnt. come at us Proud

I don't think we'll see a day when Coentrao, Khedira, Illara, etc. go for those sorts of figures. Laughing
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:42 am

halamadrid2 wrote:I am too happy right now. NO BALE FOR OUR NEXT GAME. *bleep* YEES....

is the for real ? banana
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:50 pm

Forza wrote:I love when Madrid buy so many players that half the team is surplus to requirements. This means they'll be ripe for the picking in the next transfer window.

It's not like if Milan will be buying anyway

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Magricos wrote:
Forza wrote:I love when Madrid buy so many players that half the team is surplus to requirements. This means they'll be ripe for the picking in the next transfer window.

It's not like if Milan will be buying anyway

We will be looking for them free transfers in the bargain basement.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:35 pm

danilo actually good size, does he have good aeriel ability ?
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:59 am

People here are say carvajal is average defensively because he got beat by neymar a few times. That has to be the reason because as a fullback he is incredibly solid defensively. Sometimes I wonder if other fans actually watch our games..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by cebolla Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:52 am

it is sad to see most madrid fans want carvajal out but that is understandable considering most of them are not even from spain let alone madrid to actually understand the true values of being a madridista. carvajal is a very decent right back and surprised me a lot since arrival from leverkusen.

danilo is not a bad player but not worth 30 mil esp if you have carvajal. porto are masters of negotiations and they would never sell a player under price. they got more than what danilo is worth.

cebolla
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Steaua Bucuresti

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:51 pm

carvajal is going nowhere. as far as i know, madrid fans, the coaching staff, the board are all impressed with him. signing danilo doesn't equate to benching carvajal. these days, when you are an elite team you need two players at every position if you want to compete on all fronts....two capable players. i'm sure carlo can work out how and when to rotate between both players. what carvajal did or didn't do at leverkusen is irrelevant. what matters is, the guy has had two solid seasons with us thus far, and he still has room for improvement. i haven't heard any madrid fan saying they want him out.....and yes, porto are a very shrewd club, they're even more shrewd than lyon in the mid 2000s
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:07 pm

cebolla wrote:it is sad to see most madrid fans want carvajal out but that is understandable considering most of them are not even from spain let alone madrid to actually understand the true values of being a madridista. carvajal is a very decent right back and surprised me a lot since arrival from leverkusen.

danilo is not a bad player but not worth 30 mil esp if you have carvajal. porto are masters of negotiations and they would never sell a player under price. they got more than what danilo is worth.
being a madridista has nothing to do with being spanish ffs, stp badgering people when even you dont know what you are talking about.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
cebolla wrote:it is sad to see most madrid fans want carvajal out but that is understandable considering most of them are not even from spain let alone madrid to actually understand the true values of being a madridista. carvajal is a very decent right back and surprised me a lot since arrival from leverkusen.

being a madridista has nothing to do with being spanish ffs, stp badgering people when even you dont know what you are talking about.

Says one from not Spain, it would be interesting if we had a RM fan from Spain here his opinion on this.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Obviously, one the things that stuck with me when i looked at how madrid started was how little that supposed "spanish" fiber was what made the club relevant over the years. Madrid from the very beginning was just a club that brought many people from different places together. Our founder was a "catalan", our first greatest player ever was Argentine. His teammates included the likes of Puskas (Hungarian) or Kopa (french). And over the years that has repeated, with International players having incredible influence on the club.

Being a Madridista has nothing to do with being spanish, it's all about having the "right" attitude. Same as the being a Señorio, it's the idea that you need to be a gentleman on the pitch at all times, stick with your ideas, speak your mind and be true to yourself.

I doubt being spanish means any of that. From the very beginning, the ideas on which our club was built was never about where you were born geographically. I dont know why i would need the opinion of some "spanish lad"
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:22 pm

As a Spaniard I can tell one that you DON'T have to be Spanish to understand being a Madridista. Yes Madrileños understand things from a greater perspective in some aspects undoubtedly on 'Madridismo' yet La Liga clubs as especially Real Madrid is not catered exclusively to Madrileños. That is bullshit viewpoint that hasn't existed since the 50s socios.

Guys like Nick, Sports, Hala etc are twice better representative of Madrid fans than most of the Madrid origin clowns I've met and come across.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:22 pm

never got any of madrid jersey, can i still become madridista?

got a membership card thou, la decima half price deal Proud

flipped many burgers to afford that.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:05 pm

abra with his racist pickings of the day Laughing

Ethnicity has NO bearing on how good of a fan you are..

I'm 1/4 Spanish and my spanish side comes from my grandmother where she was expelled from Spain centuries ago. I don't make a fact of it and start calling gonnerjay a fake Sevilla fan because I have more native blood to that region

God narrow minded people make me mad. Go read a book
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:25 am

carvajal is decent defensively, but is pretty meh going forward let be honest here

being a madridista has nothing to do with being spanish, but i will say that the home crowd, does influence the attitude for the foreign fans a lot
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by cebolla Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:48 pm

being from madrid has nothing to do with race. it is growing up with the atmosphere of the streets at every bernabeu night, the noise and botigas at every corner in chamartin. only if you are from mardid or you have been there you know what i am saying. reading wikipedia doesnt make you a madridista.

modern football is unfortunately oversaturated of plastic fans. i see more and more people refrain from supporting their home town club and glory hunting instead. so many empty stadiums in local football clubs. it is quite sad seeing day by day smaller clubs getting bankrupt and disbanded while bigger clubs grow more and more. it will hurt big clubs in the long run because all the talents come from smaller clubs that play 3rd division.

cebolla
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Steaua Bucuresti

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:12 pm

what's the point of transfer windows if clubs can still close deals outside them ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:21 pm

farfan wrote:what's the point of transfer windows if clubs can still close deals outside them ?

The point is that the player can't actually transfer outside of the window.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next