TheRedStag
stevieg8
nj
Fahim89
:{Mr.Mustachio!
22 posters

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:49 pm

iftikhar wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Rumors on twitter that 18.5 was accepted for downing.

£!!!

Any add-ons!!!

All cash, no player (Ngog) included!!!

yes, pounds, but past that i have no idea - no details were mentioned. just that an 18.5 million bid was accepted. also not sure how reliable it is.

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
iftikhar wrote:

£!!!

Any add-ons!!!

yes, pounds, but past that i have no idea - no details were mentioned. just that an 18.5 million bid was accepted. also not sure how reliable it is.

i guess it was Empireofthekop or something like that. . .they are pretty random group of fans making up a twitter a/c so i guess not much reliable. .plus if it had any truth in it . .tweets would have gone crazy by now . . Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
iftikhar wrote:

£!!!

Any add-ons!!!

i guess it was Empireofthekop or something like that. . .they are pretty random group of fans making up a twitter a/c so i guess not much reliable. .plus if it had any truth in it . .tweets would have gone crazy by now . . Razz

true, would've expected a lot more action if it was true, but it was from 3-4 different sources. granted they were probably just going off of each other. who knows, i'm just ready for this one to finish up already.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyz Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-agree-downing-fee

Basically Welcome Stu!

Mickeyz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:15 pm

A natural winger at last...god it's been long

welcome Stu....I'm sure you'll do a fine job here

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:01 am

im sure from the beginning Kenny's targets were 100% british.
i would guess his prime choices were:
-Jones
-Baines
-Adam
-Henderson
-Downing
-Wickham

good: a talented core of british players can only be a plus.
lets hope it will translate on the pitch
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:06 am

I dont thin we were/are ever in with a chance of signing Baines
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:09 am

stevieg8 wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
iftikhar wrote:

£!!!

Any add-ons!!!

true, would've expected a lot more action if it was true, but it was from 3-4 different sources. granted they were probably just going off of each other. who knows, i'm just ready for this one to finish up already.

i bite me tongue! hail twitter :O ! !
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:36 am

Sepi wrote:A natural winger at last...god it's been long

welcome Stu....I'm sure you'll do a fine job here

Phew, at last.

When was the last time we had a quality natural winger among our ranks!!!

BTW, £18.5 million all cash seems a bit steep to me. Would have been glad if cash wasn't more than £15 million. Any way, good signing.

Now we need a LB.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:23 am

Downing is ours, nice!

The Guardian is reporting the fee to be £20m, which is a lot, a lot... I don't want to complain, but we are paying generous amounts of cash in our transfers, I'd call it a habbit by now. Better players than Downing are still in 2011 changing clubs in Europe for less than £20m.

But great to see a winger in the team now, things on the pitch starting to look better and better!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:35 am

Art Morte wrote:Downing is ours, nice!

The Guardian is reporting the fee to be £20m, which is a lot, a lot... I don't want to complain, but we are paying generous amounts of cash in our transfers, I'd call it a habbit by now. Better players than Downing are still in 2011 changing clubs in Europe for less than £20m.

But great to see a winger in the team now, things on the pitch starting to look better and better!

Jim Boardman - Liverpool Echo writer on twitter.

Downing, 27 later this month, will now undergo a medical for Liverpool as well as officially discussing personal terms. The fee is believed to be worth up to £20m.

It’s important to note the words “up to” – that price is understood to include a number of add-on clauses containing conditions that need to be met for the fee to reach that value.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:41 am

How many more signings does everyone reckon apart from LB position which is certain to be filled?

I think we will still sign 3 to 4 signings based on players we tried to sign this window.

Left Back
Backup Winger - (wanted Marveaux)
Backup Striker - ( wanted Wickham)
Center Back -(wanted Jones)
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:56 am

BeautifulGame wrote:I dont thin we were/are ever in with a chance of signing Baines
i said: "were his prime choices" (i guessed).
then maybe just like for Wickahm, Jones.. he had to change targets after seeing he couldn't get those ones (for whatever reasons. in Baines case, surely after he saw what price Everton were asking)
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Art Morte wrote:Downing is ours, nice!

I agree. Forget £20, even £18.5 million was rather steep. But given the fact that a quality British winger is a rare species, it was bound to be costly.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 pm

my opinion is frankly that we needed a certain type of player & DC, Kenny & FSG went out to get that player & they got one of the best in the league in that category . .the price . .well let it be a forgotten tag Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:51 am

I guess it's time I stop complaining about the prices. If the board and club think it's wise, then so be it.

On another note, I can't wait for the season to start and help me get back into my usual routine. I've been rather busy since my move to the States and have had no time to follow the transfer season the last couple of weeks.

I still notice we haven't really been linked to many left backs. With the LW sort of sorted, it's time to move our focus to that position. Honestly, I'd take anyone who is better than Insua and Konchesky and anyone with an injury record better than Aurelios.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:16 am

THe fees have been rather ridiculous. Its a little scary to think that we could be bled for transfer fees on known targets in a similar fashion to Real Madrid and Man City (obviously to a lesser extent as LFC is not richer than some moderately sized nations). However, the large fees do not seem do be dissuading future transfers. We spent a large amount of money in the winter window, bought Hendo for nearly 20 early in the transfer season and still bought Downing at the inflated price of 20 mil (ish). As long as the board is spending intelligently and strategically, I'm fine with it.

As for a lb, I would like to see the links to Cissokho start up again. Oh, and what happened to the links to any CBs? Gary Cahill just dropped off the map for the last month or so. Wasn't he supposed to be a main target for several clubs?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:28 am

donttreadonred wrote:THe fees have been rather ridiculous. Its a little scary to think that we could be bled for transfer fees on known targets in a similar fashion to Real Madrid and Man City (obviously to a lesser extent as LFC is not richer than some moderately sized nations). However, the large fees do not seem do be dissuading future transfers. We spent a large amount of money in the winter window, bought Hendo for nearly 20 early in the transfer season and still bought Downing at the inflated price of 20 mil (ish). As long as the board is spending intelligently and strategically, I'm fine with it.

As for a lb, I would like to see the links to Cissokho start up again. Oh, and what happened to the links to any CBs? Gary Cahill just dropped off the map for the last month or so. Wasn't he supposed to be a main target for several clubs?

The prices in the winter window were understandable to an extent. And considering the price we got for Torres, I can understand why the owners were willing to drop that much of money.

We know English players are severely marked up unfortunately. However, we need to start getting rid of the deadwood at the club and try to recoup at least some of the money and cut these guys off our wage list. It's ridiculous seeing how much some of these no talent guys are earning.

I generally trust FSG to do the right things from a business sense, but until their end game is realized, I doubt people like you and me are going to understand some of their decisions.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:36 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/agent-poulsen-staying-put

F****** HELL Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:51 am

How many purchases will we make in the remaining transfer period! It's still 6-7 weeks till the closure and do you suppose there will be more than one (LB) purchase!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:01 am

Downing spells the end of our Large scale transfers as the rest will only be on a certain LB at a moderate price as although I still feel we are covered well enough with Johnson and Insua.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:19 am

iftikhar wrote:How many purchases will we make in the remaining transfer period! It's still 6-7 weeks till the closure and do you suppose there will be more than one (LB) purchase!

i believe there would be three more including the LB . .a CB & a backup young striker!

Arquitecto wrote:Downing spells the end of our Large scale transfers as the rest will only be on a certain LB at a moderate price as although I still feel we are covered well enough with Johnson and Insua.

now that raises the question of the 'marque' signing DC was talking about near about the beginning of the transfer window. . so would Downing be our marque signing?? or have we have rested our hopes for that this window?? there remains the question!

anyhow i won't mind if we decide to wait till Jan or next summer when with our improved position we would have more appeal for the World Class players. . Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:38 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7037735,00.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Coventry miss out on Pacheco on Loan.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:59 am

Arquitecto wrote:Downing spells the end of our Large scale transfers as the rest will only be on a certain LB at a moderate price as although I still feel we are covered well enough with Johnson and Insua.

Please no. For once I want to see a proper team with quality players in right positions.

Let Glen be the RB. For contingencies, he along with Insua, Aurelio can fill-in but we need a quality LB for starting XI.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:32 pm

KopSource:
"Cissokho Edges Closer to Liverpool Move"
http://www.kopsource.com/cissokho-edges-closer-to-liverpool-move/

this is beginning to take some time really...and how frustrating it is to not know whats happening..
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Hopefully Arsenal don't pip us. He is young, french, talented & cheap; OMG it's Wenger written all over him.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next