Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Kick Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:22 am

Honestly think Tevez is the best young CM out there, Anderson a distant second.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:51 am

Eriksen isn't good enough for Barca. Great player for Tottenham, love him, but he's inconsistent yet and too often fails to impact a game significantly. Doesn't help that Tottenham is completely broken as a team though and beyond saving.

Anyway, what do you guys think about Veratti? I think I may have brought this up before.

I'm willing to pay a lot of money for him. The next Xavi. Only got to play one leg against us and I think he was PSG's best player or one of them against us, though the midfield did nothing to help him out, nor the front line. There was also the whole being out of the tie by the second leg thing.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:53 am

No reason why PSG would sell and he has a contract until 2019.

I'd like him at Barca, and maybe we should try to get the player to demand an exit, but I don't think he's a feasible target.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:37 am

Didn't do batshit against us, just a couple of good plays. He was at fault to lose a very dangerous ball at the 5th minute that would have been our 1-0 if the ref didn't whistle an unexistent foul on him. He's good, but not that good.
Got to admit, that Pastore was atrocious in the second leg against us. Truly pathetic. Every time he got the ball, he didn't bother turning his head to see if he was under pressure and just turned, losing the ball 9/10.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Sun May 03, 2015 10:28 pm

With the impending transfer of Pedro, If there is one player I'd like to see brought in, its Reus. Most culés would argue we don't "need" him. But since when did Barca have to operate with the bare minimum. Now that our team is built more around our front 3, bringing in a versatile attacker who can offer tactical variety, and can sustain quality (unlike Pedro) in any difficult event, is imperative.
Given the rigors of a season, there is room for a 4th WC attacker. Reus' versatility allows us to play with all 4 and make it work atleast against the bottom half of the league, and the one between him and Neymar start the big matches. Competition for places is always a good thing, and I don't think Neymar is indispensable to the side, not yet.
At this moment, Pedro is not a capable replacement to MSN, and neither are any of the youngsters (as much as we'd all like to pretend). And both Dybala/Vietto as much as I like the latter, are not yet proven at the top level, and still 've developing to do.
The reason clubs like Bayern 've advantage over others is their strength in depth, Barca's bench is a joke atm. Take out one of MSN, we'd be considerably weaker, take out 2, and we'd be toast against the big sides. Bayern 're inflicted by injuries, and yet can field a formidable side. A club like ours, shouldn't make do with whatever, and look to fortify all positions. So whilst we are in need of WC CM and RB, we'd be well served with a quality attacker who can play all across the frontline, can create as well as score from any position.

He may be expensive, but given the asset he can be to the side, it will be well-spent. But if there is cheaper option who's as versatile, can bring the level of quality that he does, I'm all ears. Remember, Barca must be looking to make the most of messi's prime years, and looking at less than best options is not ideal.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 03, 2015 11:38 pm

I can't see it working out with Reus. Messi plays every game, that's granted; and while both Suarez and Nerman are not quite the dictators that Messi is, capable of sacking the sporting director as well as proclaiming elections after sitting 45 minute on the bench - they too start to sulk whenever taken off as recently demonstrated again by Nerman's gestures. And, of course, Reus too would ask for guarantees regarding playing time before coming here. They could all play together for sure in 4-2-3-1, but, assuming that Luis Enrique will stay, I can't see him tinkering with the formation all the time. Hasn't shown to be that kind of coach. Since the beginning of the season he has maintained the 4-3-3 with little tactical nuances regarding the positioning of the wide forwards but that's about it. And then there is the question mark: What happens with the midfield? If Pogba comes as a € 437M marquee signing, he will play. Busquets-Pogba-Messi will get owned hard even against bottom La Liga teams however. Laughing

I agree with the general sentiment though. A forward is definitely needed. Pedro won't do. Against La Liga fodder for sure, doesn't matter. In big games when Barca is dominating to defend a lead with his workrate to kill off the game also. But in a meaningful game to change the outcome when chasing the scoreline? Or in a big game if one of the front three is injured? No way. I have no clue though who I'd want. Ideally an older CF in the mould of Klose or Aduriz who can give a different dimension alongside a dynamic youngster who can play all front 3 positions I guess. And I agree, I also don't have much faith in the likes of Deulolfeu anymore.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Mon May 04, 2015 12:40 am

Fußball wrote:I can't see it working out with Reus. Messi plays every game, that's granted; and while both Suarez and Nerman are not quite the dictators that Messi is, capable of sacking the sporting director as well as proclaiming elections after sitting 45 minute on the bench - they too start to sulk whenever taken off as recently demonstrated again by Nerman's gestures. And, of course, Reus too would ask for guarantees regarding playing time before coming here. They could all play together for sure in 4-2-3-1, but, assuming that Luis Enrique will stay, I can't see him tinkering with the formation all the time. Hasn't shown to be that kind of coach. Since the beginning of the season he has maintained the 4-3-3 with little tactical nuances regarding the positioning of the wide forwards but that's about it. And then there is the question mark: What happens with the midfield? If Pogba comes as a € 437M marquee signing, he will play. Busquets-Pogba-Messi will get owned hard even against bottom La Liga teams however. Laughing

I agree with the general sentiment though. A forward is definitely needed. Pedro won't do. Against La Liga fodder for sure, doesn't matter. In big games when Barca is dominating to defend a lead with his workrate to kill off the game also. But in a meaningful game to change the outcome when chasing the scoreline? Or in a big game if one of the front three is injured? No way. I have no clue though who I'd want. Ideally an older CF in the mould of Klose or Aduriz who can give a different dimension alongside a dynamic youngster who can play all front 3 positions I guess. And I agree, I also don't have much faith in the likes of Deulolfeu anymore.

There's the small matter of successive CA assignments  (bar Suarez this summer) to consider. Lucho/new manager will 've to rotate heavily to ensure the vital part of our team doesn't burn out. Ofc, Lucho hasn't shown to tinker formation, but then he's only had Pedro as the other option. If he had the quality that Reus brings, he may be more receptive to the idea. He's worth taking that risk, but with him we'd be well covered in attack in the big games. At this moment, Barca is just too reliant on messi for creativity, and someone like Reus can alleviate that.
Madrid 've made the 4-pronged attack work, mobility always makes the impossible possible. We even pulled off playing Mr. concrete boots as a forward. Laughing
Reus is unattainable this summer for obv reasons, or perhaps in winter, even. But 2016,  he should be priority (unless you want madrid to replace Bale with a superior player). I've heard of De bruyne as an option to Reus in the catalan media, but I 've barely seen him play, so can't comment. He's owned by Wolfs, so he wouldn't come cheap either.

Last edited by À bout de souffle on Mon May 04, 2015 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon May 04, 2015 12:42 am

We need two forwards in our bench next season.

one that can play the wings, and one that can play in the center.

from the looks of things, with pedro being out and our transfer ban.. we'll bring deulofeu and one of munir/sandro

after that.. we should sell the one that doesn't work for us (either both or one)
then we should look for a vietto sort of player, a young player who is willing to accept the bench role for us, but will still play minutes.

we've been extremely lucky this season with injuries.. or i should say lack of.

as for reus, he's already said he doesn't want to play the bench role, and specifically said he doesn't know what role he would have in barca with msn here.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicious Culé Mon May 04, 2015 2:34 am

Deulofeu has been a massive disappointment for me. Really backed him and wanted him to do well and while his stats are decent for Sevilla, he has mostly been mediocre. Shit decision making, selfish, lethargic and what not.

Munir needs time, playing time with the B Team, but unfortunately that is a wreck right now with Adama also not going anywhere right now and doing the same trick all the time. Everything seem to be going in the wrong direction.

I doubt Reus will come, especially to sit on the bench and I don't know much about Dybala either, but Vietto is an interesting option which even the Dictator will approve right away lel.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No reason why PSG would sell and he has a contract until 2019.

I'd like him at Barca, and maybe we should try to get the player to demand an exit, but I don't think he's a feasible target.

I think the Qatari royals and their lapdog Nasser would rather let Verratti rot on the bench than sell him to us. The current board has burned all the bridges with their mindless pursuits of Thiago Silva and Marquinhos. They seem to be building for the future and Marco Verratti is a big part of it. Even if they do agree to sell him then I can see Real Madrid getting him unless the next board(hopefully) rebuild the relationship with PSG.

Verratti is not available. Nor Koke, most likely. Looks like Pogba will be our next midfield signing unless he moves in Summer.

We could consider Gundogan, but he's yet to get back in any sort of old form although he has showed moments of old brilliance. I'd take him for 20-25m though.
Vicious Culé
Vicious Culé
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 04, 2015 8:47 am

We don't need Reus and furthermore, he doens't match our style. If we need something, is a midfielder and a RB.

A CB to replace Mathieu and Mascherano too, if we don't trust Bartra.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 04, 2015 8:50 am

4-2-3-1 with Gundogan and Busquets in the pivot and Reus-Neymar-Messi behind Suarez
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 04, 2015 9:28 am

Valkyrja wrote:4-2-3-1 with Gundogan and Busquets in the pivot and Reus-Neymar-Messi behind Suarez

I think that's way too offensive and wouldn't work at all. Stars overload.

IMO, we should get Vietto, a solid and reliable CM (maybe Gundogan) and a RB (Darmian?).

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon May 04, 2015 10:04 am

It’s sad we are discussing transfers when we won’t be able to actually bring anyone this summer.
In any case if it was up to me I’d go for a CB (Laporte?), RB (no idea who – could be the Dortmound guy?) and a CM (I’d love Verati but doubtful).
Since however we won’t be able to register anyone, let’s bring Dani Suarez back and try Sandr/Munir a little bit.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon May 04, 2015 10:30 am

Dont think we can recall Dani back for another year as per rakitic deal ( fairly sure anyway).

Man no idea what happened to Pedro, use to trust him in every big game we played in and he would deliver aswell.... now cant buy a goal these days Sad
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 04, 2015 11:14 am

Wont repeat the same thing about Reus.

I dont agree with donuts saying we need 2 forwards. I agree with him that we could use a secondary wing player and a secondary center forward but why sign 2 players when we could find a forward who can do both jobs? Lacazette for example.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 04, 2015 11:37 am

MaraVilla wrote:Dont think we can recall Dani back for another year as per rakitic deal ( fairly sure anyway).

Man no idea what happened to Pedro, use to trust him in every big game we played in and he would deliver aswell.... now cant buy a goal these days Sad

Mmmmm, perhaps because he doesn't play?
He's looking very sharp the few minutes he gets.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Mon May 04, 2015 5:03 pm

free_cat wrote:We don't need Reus and furthermore, he doens't match our style. If we need something, is a midfielder and a RB.

What style are you alluding to? The one that both Neymar and Rakitić play, whose strengths lie in verticality? Reus is unarguably the more well-rounded player. And I don't know how any one can say he doesn't match our style, given our style has evolved.

Anyway, Barca's must be the only fan-base on the planet that would pass up on Reus if he's available, because we don't "need" him. I mean we don't "need" half the squad. Why not just do away with them. Laughing
I'm not going to reiterate the merits of having a world class 4th attacker who brings versatility. But if ppl think having unproven quantity is a better option for Barca, then Ok.
But there is no such thing as star overload for a club that competes at all levels. Yeh, you do need the less flashy, low-profile, hardworking players to restore balance. But for a club like Barca bringing in another elite attacker wouldn't be a surplus, not at all.
I remember ppl writing off the prospect of a BBCJ attack, but they 've made it work even without a proper DM. And that strength in depth for them has come in good stead in times of injury crisis, same as with Bayern.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Reus is going to be happy sitting on the bench in big matches and coming on for 20 minutes here and there?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Mon May 04, 2015 5:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Reus is going to be happy sitting on the bench in big matches and coming on for 20 minutes here and there?

Yes, he will be. He's a Barca fan. Very Happy

On a serious note, I think an astute manager can integrate them all even against the big opponents. Defensively he's sound. If Busi is paired with a technically adept bulldog a la Verratti, I say hell yes.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Well I would say no, that 2 man midfield with 2 forwards each side wont protect the back 4 well enough. No manager can make magic, none of the 4 have the defensive awareness to succeed in those positions.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon May 04, 2015 5:34 pm

À bout de souffle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Yes, he will be. He's a Barca fan. Very Happy

On a serious note, I think an astute manager can integrate them all even against the big opponents. Defensively he's sound. If Busi is paired with a technically adept bulldog a la Verratti, I say hell yes.

I agree with you that we need another world class attacker.We have been extremely extremely lucky this season with regards to injuries.We have had no major injuries this season. Lightning doesnt strike twice.We definitely need another option.
However,I am undecided whether Reus is that optional.I dont think he is an elite player.I think he is more suited to a counter attacking game and may not shine as much in a more pro active setup.He may prove me wrong but I just dont think he is that good.
The player I really want in attack is Hazard.There is zero chance of getting him but he is special.
Other than him,dani mentioned Lacazette.So maybe him.I also like Vietto.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 04, 2015 5:42 pm

I would like to make it clear I havent seen Lacazette this season, even though this is the one he has really took off my opinion is not based on this season. It is based on what I have seen from him in other years combined with the fact he clearly has a knack for goals.

The young player I saw previously was excellent on the wing and down the middle.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 04, 2015 5:58 pm

4-2-3-1 is a fairly standard formation. Without the ball we are already often 4-4-2 as it is if my eyes aren't deceiving me.

Neymar-Iniesta-Busquets-Rakitic

Or:

Iniesta-Busquets-Rakitic-Messi/Suarez

Depending if Messi is on the flank or in the middle when the ball is lost.

Like here:

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 3 Barcelona-asymmetrisch-gegen-den-Ball

(keep in mind Mascherano was in midfield here instead of Busi).

So we have Rakitic as a RM, Mascherano and Iniesta in the middle and Neymar tucked inside infront of the back 4 with Messi and Suarez upfront.

What's so different if the 2nd line without the ball would be:

Neymar-Busquets-Verratti-Reus

?

Only problem I have is that Busquets and Verratti, despite being a bulldog, would be too unphysical and lightweight to play in a midfield 2. Despite Lucho adding an element of directness to the team I don't think he really wants to play one more forward and change to 4-2-3-1 for good and make the team even more direct.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 04, 2015 6:14 pm

That is just one simple static picture with no reflection on the complicated decisions they would have to make.

Even in that picture there I can see a potential issue and I have no idea how that play turns out in reality. If the ball is played inside to Modric, Iniesta has to decide to pressure him or stay with Cristiano. If he stays, Modric has time on the ball to choose a pass, our defence line has to go back or a ball over the top to Bale is a real possibility. If the defence line fails its a 1 v 1, if it suceeds than it means more time without the ball.
If Iniesta is late to come out then Modric can play directly to Cristiano between the lines, the place you least want the ball other than your net. If Iniesta stays where he is (probably the best choice) untill Mascherano shuffles back across then Neymar has to make a decision, to block the angle of the pass to Bale. Can he do that? Does he understand how to position himself defensively to stop that? If he does, then the ball goes out to the right back, Neymar closes him down and our midfield have to shuffle across all over again. This is if we defend well mind you. And all this defending has to be done over and over again, one bad decision of when to move to or from a position and its a potential goal.

And this if with the assumption they are already in the correct position. Rakitic in attack rarely gets ahead of the ball, he can get back into position easily and do the defensive process. What about Reus? Reus will get ahead of the ball, Reus will dribble into the box, he will try and make a difference...which means he often wont be in this position before the ball is transitioned. And Rakitic is a defensively astute player, he understands how to position himself and makes good defensive choices, what about Reus? Reus may try hard, but trying hard will never make up for a bad decision. I see this all the time when Suarez is defending the right flank, he tries hard but he doesnt always understand how to position himself to stop the passes the opponants wants to make...forwards very rarely do.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next