windkick
The Franchise
44 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by windkick Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:28 am

That is a serious shit list...

Aside from Ilkay the rest are wtf.....I mean why do they think Turan is a midfielder all of a sudden? Dude plays on the wings and thugs it up. And Iborra?! Wasn't even the 2nd best midfielder for Sevilla last season, Banega and that Kywoaisdfodjfjadfad guy were FAR better.

Jesus christ I hope the new board steps in and and tells Lucho he will work with whoever they sign for him and he is gonna like it or he can take his monkey act back to Celta.

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:30 am

Even Ilkay is an injury ridden question mark at this point in time lmao
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:33 am

À bout de souffle wrote:
Fußball wrote:Arda would make no sense. He'd cost at least € 30M. That's not a fee you pay for a backup player which he'd inevitably be. He wouldn't have much playing time ahead of Neymar, the only position Arda could play in the front 3 as Messi is unbenchable, so he'd mostly rotate with Iniesta and Rakitic who are both much better than him. With Pogba also coming next summer apparently it would make even less sense to have Arda in the squad.

You know at first I was upset over the Arda rumors but after giving some thought, it's starting to make sense to me. Very Happy

For one, € 30M for a player of his quality isn't that outlandish when you consider mediocre players go for the same/more these days. Surely a club of Barca's stature should be able to afford a quality and experienced back-up, and you don't get those on the cheap these days. Besides, I don't get why fans fret over transfer figures when the club in question is a football goliath and not a Granada. Razz

We've been lucky the past season in terms of injuries, the drop in quality from MSN ---> Pedro or Raki-Ini --->Raf/Rob is a significant one. A player that can bridge that difference is not optional but imperative in times when the stakes are high, esp when we can no longer summon the services of a certain Xavi.  

When I look at Arda the player, I'm looking @ top notch associative play, dribbling and work rate. He's not a classic CM in the mold of Xavi, but I tend to think his introduction in latter half of games where we need more control, can have similar effect in the sense his ball retention and passing under pressure can help slow down play and gain more influence on the game. I think he's intelligent enough to play centrally.
Up top, he may not score as much as Ney, but he'll inevitably create more space for our other forwards, and is more likely to make a incisive layoff. I tend to think Messi would score more having him amongst his supporting cast. And ofc, he's an option @ RW as well, if when Lucho want/need to shake things up.
In MF, he'll compete and rotate with both Ini/Raki, allowing them to remain fresh for the more important games, but also provide a starting option. I have to say I don't agree with your claim of Raki being the much better one. I'd like to know why you think that way. Arda's offensive skills trumps Raki, and his defensive stats are almost similar, whilst his aerial stats are reasonably good for a player of his size. The only aspect where I can say Raki is def. better is long range shooting. The others I'd give Arda the edge. What's funny is both are 60/70 mins player, perfect to rotate them. I actually think Arda can give Raki a run for his money in Lucho's system.

In short, Arda's signings has more merits than it seems on the surface. I'm actually getting excited about having another top class dribbler in our side not called messi/iniesta. Laughing

As for Pogba's impending arrival, I think we can accommodate him given Iniesta's decline and the no. of games on offer. Samper to back-up Busi until he surpasses him whilst the rest of our boys (apart from Munir/Grimaldo)are just not good enough for Barca's ambitions. The sooner we accept it, the better.

Don't know if you've noticed that Arda has scored the brutal figure of 4 goals in his last season and only 13 in his 130 appearences in the league. He just can't play forward for us. Poor man's iniesta with better defensive abilities.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:34 am

windkick wrote:Jesus christ I hope the new board steps in and and tells Lucho he will work with whoever they sign for him and he is gonna like it or he can take his monkey act back to Celta.  

Sorry mate but, :facepalm:. I'm sure the coach knows best who will fit in his project and it's the best if he has the freedom to pick. Where's the sense in buying somebody without even discussing it with the coach and let him worry about what to do with the signing. Makes no sense whatsoever. Just fcking believe in a treble winning coach, I'm sure he knows what he's doing even though you may have no idea what he's up to. Just like everyone bashed him for the heavy rotations at the beginning of the season and it turned out to be vital in the business part of the season when we had everyone fit and, for example, Bayern was injury ridden.

Arda's signing makes sense if Lucho intends to roll on with those crazy rotations. MSN was fit all season long but you don't know what can happen in the future. Arda is a quality sub at either wing.

Also, according to SPORT, the new president will have last say on the transfer of Turan. Wink

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Managing committee has decided not to sign deal on transfer of Atletico player Arda Turan (28). They leave decision for next president [ser]

In your face, Fart.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:05 pm

linetty wrote:
windkick wrote:Jesus christ I hope the new board steps in and and tells Lucho he will work with whoever they sign for him and he is gonna like it or he can take his monkey act back to Celta.  

Sorry mate but, :facepalm:. I'm sure the coach knows best who will fit in his project and it's the best if he has the freedom to pick. Where's the sense in buying somebody without even discussing it with the coach and let him worry about what to do with the signing. Makes no sense whatsoever. Just fcking believe in a treble winning coach, I'm sure he knows what he's doing even though you may have no idea what he's up to. Just like everyone bashed him for the heavy rotations at the beginning of the season and it turned out to be vital in the business part of the season when we had everyone fit and, for example, Bayern was injury ridden.

Arda's signing makes sense if Lucho intends to roll on with those crazy rotations. MSN was fit all season long but you don't know what can happen in the future. Arda is a quality sub at either wing.

Also, according to SPORT, the new president will have last say on the transfer of Turan. Wink

I was just talking shit, how about you relax Smile

I absolutely want the manager to be involved with the sporting director and president regarding all transfers. However this deal seems pretty ridiculous, and if judging by the IBORRA as the top candidate per Lucho's list to replace XAVI then yes....I absolutely do not want Lucho having final say on our transfers as that's just a really crappy list. Iborra wasn't even a regular starter for Sevilla, how is he going to come over here to us all of a sudden? And Arda is an injury prone, close to 30 player who is also a hot head and doesn't score or contribute allot to attack. It would be like having an extremely hot headed Mascherano coming off the bench to run around the flanks. How is that going to help us be creative and win games? How about when he doesn't get allot of playing time, how do we know he isn't going to be calm and positive about it like say Mascerano? And for 35/40M you better believe he isn't being offered a bench role...so does that mean we are going to bench Rakitic for him? I mean seriously wtf is that? Turan to me, is a guy that probably Lucho can relate to from his playing days, his loud and over the top personality on the pitch, but that is not the type of character that this Barcelona team is built around or has needed since it's success started.
So does that mean Lucho's vision of his perfect team is a midfield of Iborra and Turan over Iniesta and Rakitic? is that the type of team we have to look forward too under Lucho's transfer expertise? I mean for that price tag and age, why not just use that on a different player or just give Rafinha a shot to prove himself the first half of the season? We have a transfer ban anyway, so Rafinha will be our super sub regardless until January when Adra and Vidal are available.. And we still have Masia guys that can fill the back up roles if needed in emergency.

Now of course, I am not saying I know more than Lucho, it is his team. But you must also remember that the team Lucho won the UCL with is not a team he built, but inherited from the old manager/Zubi/the Board. So if going forward we are to expect Iborras and Turans for huge fees linked to us...then as stated I would rather he be involved but not have final say on transfers and let the board whom talk to scouts etc decide.
And that rotation policy thing I don't believe was a master stroke of genius from Lucho; he blatantly was trying to show his great hand at giving everyone playing time and also showing his authority over the senior players that they aren't guaranteed starts. What happened? We gradually started to lose/get draws and we all agreed he was making really bone head subs/starts when things got tough and he didn't seem to budge. Then Messi/Neymar got mad at him...and he stopped rotating and we started winning almost every single game after. That to me, is not a sign that he had a plan to keep the starters fresh for the 2nd half as much as it was him being hard headed and wanting to show his authority and it back fired on him....which worked out great for us.

Ugh, I obviously have my jimmies rustled over this transfer LOL No
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:37 pm

Mate, you are REALLY reading too much into it. Also, I'm not sure why you refuse to give Lucho more credit for the treble. Rotating is not easy and still with making tough decision to bench key players week in week out he ended up having the biggest win percentage in history hmm He went too far with benching both Neymar and Messi at the same time but you learn from mistakes, don't you? Again, his rotating may have looked crazy at times (as I said everyone was bashing him for that) but he completely knew what he was doing and from bashing him we moved to worshipping him.

Also, you don't know if this signings list is true. MD reported earlier today that Lucho basically asked to sign 2 players this summer: Aleix Vidal and Arda Turan. There's nothing about Ibbora or Parejo (probably just bollocks).

The only thing I'm concerned about are his performances against Madrid. In the first game we were totally outplayed and in the second we won only because their players were burned out and ours were fresh (again, thanks to his rotations). I hope he sorts them out because IMO they're the only team that could trash us.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:44 pm

Someone like Iborra would actually make sense. You know, a cheap-ish, low profile, La Liga experienced depth signing who would be backup for the starting pair Rakitic-Iniesta. What the hell are we going to do with € 35M+ Arda once Pogba comes next season? Pogba, Arda, Iniesta, Rakitic, Rafinha is way too much, even if Iniesta declines.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Alex Song (27) has agreed personal terms with West Ham and is now awaiting a medical. A fee is yet to be agreed with Barcelona. [daily mail]

So the managing comitee can't buy but they can sell? I have no idea what's going on there tbh.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:56 pm

i don't blame them though we should sell song for anything at this point lmao
the guy openly said he doesn't want to be here and his value goes lower and lower as the years go by
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Fußball wrote:Someone like Iborra would actually make sense. You know, a cheap-ish, low profile, La Liga experienced depth signing who would be backup for the starting pair Rakitic-Iniesta. What the hell are we going to do with € 35M+ Arda once Pogba comes next season? Pogba, Arda, Iniesta, Rakitic, Rafinha is way too much, even if Iniesta declines.

You want a back-up to Iniesta-Raki who's a poor passer of the ball, and even worse under pressure. A injury to Iniesta and a MF of Raki-Iborra starting a crunch game next season. Laughing

The Arda hate is REAL.

People don't want Arda, and yet can't come up with a better solution.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:52 pm

Laporta in radio SER: "Braida's and Soler's meeting with Juve's directors was a catastrophe. They embarrased themselves"

"Turan is a smoke screen to cover for the Pogba failure"

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:54 pm

*bleep* yea Laporta
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Shots fired. Laughing
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Bartomeu says that Pogba isn't mature enough to come to Barcelona and that Luis Enrique wants another player. Laughing

Half a year chasing Pogba for nothing and now he acts like they were never interested. What a pos Laughing

Laporta will destroy him Molenation

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Who are these fodder players? Iborra and Turan Laughing

I should double check im not in the transfer rumour thread for Swansea or Sporting Braga.

My man talking about Arda runs off the ball? In 10 years time I personally will still have more pace than Arda Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:08 pm

Can understand the Iborra point, not every player you buy has to be a star, you need your Keitas, Pedros and Adrianos as to make it to the end of the season fit and without squad disharmony.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Turan would be another Hleb. They are basically the same players.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:56 pm

migeru ‏@migerucb 3 min.
Barça are offering €20m for Gerson according to reports in Brazil. Meanwhile, Rafinha's contract expires next summer and no one cares

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:58 pm

LMAO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:Who are these fodder players? Iborra and Turan Laughing

I should double check im not in the transfer rumour thread for Swansea or Sporting Braga.

My man talking about Arda runs off the ball? In 10 years time I personally will still have more pace than Arda Laughing

Arda a fodder player? C'mon now.

Since when is pace such a requisite to be a Barca player? Such reasoning is what I expect from a premface, who values pace over everything, and then brandishes him a shit player if he doesn't have it.
Arda's pace is comparable to Iniesta and Raki. And last I checked they are both doing fine. But if there was a piece of play that broke down because of Arda's lack of pace I'd like to be reminded of it.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Can understand the Iborra point, not every player you buy has to be a star, you need your Keitas, Pedros and Adrianos as to make it to the end of the season fit and without squad disharmony.

Yeh, there's nothing wrong with having low-profile guys. But when your first-choice back-up is very a limited one, then there's a prob. We have already seen the drop in quality when the Pedro's and Adriano's need to fill in. And we've seen Barca as a whole suffers. And don't compare Keita to Iborra, the former was actually a capable Mf and good passer. Even then, we had the prime Xavi/Iniesta beside him to compensate any drop off in quality. In case of an injury situation, I don't think a declining Iniesta/Rakitic can make up for shortcomings of a player like Iborra.
I thought Barca should be making the most of Messi's prime years. From hereon, every season counts, and a capable MF reinforcement for next season is necessary. Iborra's not that.

So far I've only read half-arsed attempts at a counter-argument.
You guys must up your game, because so far the lone woman is winning the battle here.. :coffee:
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:11 pm

À bout de souffle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Who are these fodder players? Iborra and Turan Laughing

Arda a fodder player? C'mon now.

Since when is pace such a requisite to be a Barca player? Such reasoning is what I expect from a premface, who values pace over everything, and then brandishes him a shit player if he doesn't have it.
Arda's pace is comparable to Iniesta and Raki. And last I checked they are both doing fine. But if there was a piece of play that broke down because of Arda's lack of pace I'd like to be reminded of it.

Fodder is an exaggeration. But if he played for an Europa League team, he wouldnt look out of place nor would he seem to good for that level.

If he played for a midtable team in the PL or La Liga, he wouldnt seem too good for the team either.

He is quite an ordinary player who just gives his all.

Pace is a pre-requiste for any player in the game you want to play as a forward against the best defenders in the world. Its nothing to do with premface or whatever, you just need to be realistic...if you play with Barcelona and Messi, Iniesta and co, you want to be able to reach the passes they make behind the defence.

Rakitic and Iniesta? Imagine them playing in the forwad line..oh yeah, we already seen that for 2 or 3 years and it didnt work.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 pm

I think that's unfair Dani, his technique and skill level isn't ordinary. He's a very good player IMO and one of Atleti's better players.

I do think he's not what Barca need and already expressed that but i don't believe he's ordinary or Europa League standard.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:20 pm

I dont think he is one of their better players any more, 2 seasons ago I would agree, but today no. They have moved on and they are fielding players with beter all around abilities.

Like I said previously, in the most important games he sometimes doesnt start and even if he does, is one of the first to be subbed.

I think the difference between Europa level and CL isnt that different, so it shouldnt be taken as an insult.

I can name some Europa players who I 100% think are better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Fair enough, i have made it clear i don't watch La Liga anymore much so my opinion is based on what i saw when i did.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:30 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Fodder is an exaggeration. But if he played for an Europa League team, he wouldnt look out of place nor would he seem to good for that level.

If he played for a midtable team in the PL or La Liga, he wouldnt seem too good for the team either.

He is quite an ordinary player who just gives his all.

Pace is a pre-requiste for any player in the game you want to play as a forward against the best defenders in the world. Its nothing to do with premface or whatever, you just need to be realistic...if you play with Barcelona and Messi, Iniesta and co, you want to be able to reach the passes they make behind the defence.

Rakitic and Iniesta? Imagine them playing in the forwad line..oh yeah, we already seen that for 2 or 3 years and it didnt work.

You don't rate his dribbling, his ability to protect the ball under pressure, and his passing? Are all those traits ordinary?
On that note, name me your top 3 La Liga dribblers not from Barca/RM.

Again the pace argument, Iniesta didn't fail as a forward because of his lack of pace, but his lack of finishing. Yes, he did abandon his position from time to time (Iniesta LW dynamic as futbol calls it), but when he held his position, he went past players and found himself one-one with the keeper several times only to be let down by his poor finishing. Besides, when facing a bunker defense for 90, pace is of l'il factor. There you need the ability to beat your man.
Secondly, Arda's not just a forward but would also be a MF option for us.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next