Official Football Manager Thread

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post by StrugaRock on Tue May 28, 2013 9:38 pm

I stared with these damned Spuds this time.

First season won the EPL by one point and Europa League. So far bought Baines, Eriksen, James Rodriguez, Jovetic, Isco and Gundogan. But City and United have been buying all other elite players so it's hard to keep up with them especially City, to whom I lost the EPL on the last match day in which I scored 94 goals compared to city's 78.

One thing I don't really get so far, is that with small teams I win by 1-0 or lose by getting like +20 shots compared to their 4-5 shots. I really need to get a better poacher . But the problem is that Spurs gives me a small budget and a really small wage budget, so it's hard to buy someone expensive. Also I cannot sell the dead weight on my squad.

StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post by TalkingReckless on Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 pm

i never buy big players, my game is based on formations and tactics not players, the only big money i am willing to spend is on youngsters. The first thing i do is sign up the best scouts and get them to track young players.

i think buying players based on tactics rather then names is better.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooner SJ on Tue May 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Legend wrote:i never buy big players, my game is based on formations and tactics not players, the only big money i am willing to spend is on youngsters. The first thing i do is sign up the best scouts and get them to track young players.

I'm similar. When I buy it's always from searching through my knowledge base for players with certain attributes that suit my tactical approach specifically. Most of the time that can be accomplished with players who are quality and £5M or less.

Gooner SJ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooner SJ on Wed May 29, 2013 3:57 am

My word, tried a save with Automatic set for past experience... will not do again. Gonna do a new save as Ray Parlour, got a png and everything made up. Smile

Gooner SJ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 on Wed May 29, 2013 9:33 am

@Gooner SJ wrote:
@juveman17 wrote:8 winless games with Reggina.......... I need some help guys im utter shit at this game

What club are you, tactics, players, etc.?

I haven't played in a while but ill let you know later. I have been able to turn my season around though.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock on Wed May 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Legend wrote:i never buy big players, my game is based on formations and tactics not players, the only big money i am willing to spend is on youngsters. The first thing i do is sign up the best scouts and get them to track young players.

I start to buy youngsters after my 4/5th season, after I establish a tactical and long term plan on my team.

I play more on a direct and short passing, counter-attacking way. I mostly buy players with great passing skills and that are fast, the problem is that Jovetic is no poacher, so I got Lewandowski on a free transfer now, and I will try to sort the scoring problem

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooner SJ on Thu May 30, 2013 4:02 pm

I swear Monreal is so garbage on this game. Evil or Very Mad

In related news: Vermaelen and Koscielny both injured on international duty in the same week. 2 wks and 3 wks out. Squillaci injured in traning, out 2 weeks. drinking

Gooner SJ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless on Thu May 30, 2013 6:00 pm

@StrugaRock wrote:

I start to buy youngsters after my 4/5th season, after I establish a tactical and long term plan on my team.

I play more on a direct and short passing, counter-attacking way. I mostly buy players with great passing skills and that are fast, the problem is that Jovetic is no poacher, so I got Lewandowski on a free transfer now, and I will try to sort the scoring problem

you should buy youngster in your first season and then loan them out until they are 3 or 3 1/2 star.

btw one amazing young striker is Carlos Fierro, by the time he is 20-21 he is scoring 20+ goals for all teams, i bought him in my first season at Ajax and loaned him out for 2 season and by third season he was a starter for my team and scoring 20+ goals a season. He had 3 40+ season at Arsenal for me in his mid-late 20s

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock on Thu May 30, 2013 9:09 pm

what irritates me is that, I got Lewa and Jovetic as strikers, yet Shawcross has the same number of goals as Lewa. Most of my matches are won by set pieces , it's good when you know you can score from corners, Bale gets plenty of assists form those corners, and Vertongen Kaboul and Shawcross get to score alot.

I use my strikers as Poachers yet my wingers end up as squad top scorers. but this 3rd season I haven't lost in my 10 first games.

About Fierro I used to buy him in FM12, he was good, I will have to buy him here.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless on Thu May 30, 2013 9:29 pm

instead of playing them as poachers, play them as deep lying foward that way they will be more involved in the game and get more chances

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:02 am

there some things about this game that unrealistic, for example Wenger spending 60mil+ person season on new players, and half of the new players rot in reserves and get loaned the next year... i am year 15/16 and Wenger just retired after winning 2 Cls and EPL's in a row, during this time he went out and bought Lewa, Shaqri, Fischer, Erikson, Subotic (who was sold a year later and playing just 12 games), Allen, Santon, Griezmann etc..

Then there are players like Theo, Ox etc who only play 5-6 games a season and all subs

ohh and Mou just took over Arsenal and leaving RM

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Legend wrote:instead of playing them as poachers, play them as deep lying foward that way they will be more involved in the game and get more chances

Thanks it worked as a charm. I won a treble, EPL FA Cup and the CL, Jovetic scored 28 goals(CL top scorer also) while Lewandowski 16.

The board announced that they will build a new stadium that will cost 203m pounds.

My formation this season looked like this most of the time:
Lloris
Walker Kaboul Shawcross Baines
Sandro Gundogan
Isco James Rodriguez Bale
Jovetic

I did heavy rotation with Eriksen, Lewandowski, Lennon and Vertongen

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Struggling with this game massively for the first time and I've been playing from since FM 10 . :facepalm: I've never been terrible at this game until now, absolutely nothing goes right for me and I was doing pretty good in the demo 'till I got the new game recently.

I have one save I play and that Is my FC Porto Save. I have 3 formations I play with : a Rigid 4-5-1/4-3-3 , a Balanced 3-4-1-1 ( Supposed to be Napoli-Esque) and another Napoli-esque tactic that is fluid and sort of reminded me of the Cavani-Lavezzi-Hamsik days.

It is now the 28th of September 2012 and I'm 11th in the table with 1 win and 4 losses. :facepalm: The most notable defeats were against Benfica 3-2 away and Sporting 4-0 away :facepalm: :facepalm: .

I understand that I'll lose because I've brought in quite a number of fresh faces and they'll need time to gel and they will misplace passes and so on with the squad but what is really frustrating is that the new players can't even make a 4 yard pass. :facepalm: It is unbelievable how many times I see them make a direct pass to the opposition.

I also can't even motivate my players for some reason. My team talks seem to be terrible because in their body language after I say whatever it is usually said that by the player's name. '' switched off '' Official Football Manager Thread - Page 35 2276801876

Also has anyone have problems in their build up play ? This part enrages me the most; we may be on the break or maybe we are in a good position but what happens? My players get this random urge to shoot from distance when there are much better options around and they don't even have the shoots from distance PPM. I hate longshots and I take them off every player but this still happens. -_- I have a fairly quick striker in Jackson Martinez so I often use the pass into space shout but that barely works. I find it hard to create good chances for Martinez and as a result, he is obviously not scoring.

I just don't know what to do. :facepalm:

Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:36 pm

I had the same problem my first two seasons(with Tottenham), in the first season(even tho I won the EPL and EL) I made a tactic based on counter attacks and short direct passing, but the problem was I didn't had the right players to do that kind of a game.

In the second season I got players that could pass such as Eriksen, Isco and Gundogan but my strikers which I played them as Poachers didn't score many goals(I finished trophyless that season) until Legend here told me to play them as Deep Lying Forwards which worked like a charm, they are scoring for fun now(won a treble in the third season(EPL FA CL).

So the problem is that you have to imply a tactic based on your player's skills, such as mine, of if you have a defensive team you play defensive, or if you have tall strikers you play more with traditional wingers ordering them to cross the ball more often ETC.

About the team talk, it's harder than before to motivate your team from that but depending on the opposition you most likely have to give Assertive or Calm team talks, and if your team isn't doing good, on half time what motivates them is Aggressiveness, it has worked for me so far.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:52 pm

@StrugaRock wrote:I had the same problem my first two seasons(with Tottenham), in the first season(even tho I won the EPL and EL) I made a tactic based on counter attacks and short direct passing, but the problem was I didn't had the right players to do that kind of a game.

In the second season I got players that could pass such as Eriksen, Isco and Gundogan but my strikers which I played them as Poachers didn't score many goals(I finished trophyless that season) until Legend here told me to play them as Deep Lying Forwards which worked like a charm, they are scoring for fun now(won a treble in the third season(EPL FA CL).

So the problem is that you have to imply a tactic based on your player's skills, such as mine, of if you have a defensive team you play defensive, or if you have tall strikers you play more with traditional wingers ordering them to cross the ball more often ETC.

About the team talk, it's harder than before to motivate your team from that but depending on the opposition you most likely have to give Assertive or Calm team talks, and if your team isn't doing good, on half time what motivates them is Aggressiveness, it has worked for me so far.

Honestly thank you, I thought I was doing most of the things you said but I'll have to do a reexamination of my tactics and players. However, I really feel I am mostly playing to my players' strengths though.

And I have been using him as a DLF but he's just not that type of player to me .Also I never use poacher or AF up front alone because it often gets easy for them to get isolated and I don't think these roles are conducive for all-round build up play but the thing is Martinez is the poacher type striker .

I think why he's failing for me in the DLF role is : his hold up play for me isn't that good, his off the ball is average too which means his positional movement won't be as exceptional as I'd like it and he isn't too generous either. Overall his mental stats are sort of poor like anticipation , decision etc. and this is probably why I'm not getting him to be successful.

At the end of the season I'll look to sell him and find a better player I guess.

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 pm

What sucks in this game(it has always been a problem) is when you win during a match the last 15mins are hell for you, there is minute by minute action, and chances for the opposition, but when I'm losing the last 15mins there is not a single shot or a single chance, it's like my team isn't trying to win.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Djcomplain on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 pm

@StrugaRock wrote:What sucks in this game(it has always been a problem) is when you win during a match the last 15mins are hell for you, there is minute by minute action, and chances for the opposition, but when I'm losing the last 15mins there is not a single shot or a single chance, it's like my team isn't trying to win.

so true,,
Djcomplain
Djcomplain
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:43 am

@StrugaRock wrote:What sucks in this game(it has always been a problem) is when you win during a match the last 15mins are hell for you, there is minute by minute action, and chances for the opposition, but when I'm losing the last 15mins there is not a single shot or a single chance, it's like my team isn't trying to win.
Throw all your players in attack and you'll see that changing. 

What I like about this fm13 version is that there is no ultimate or 'the best' tactics you can't just click continue and just that and hammer opponents you can beat anyone and you can get beaten by anyone and I LOVE IT Smile

"I do not want the # 10 kit to be retired. It wouldn’t be right. When I was a child I dreamed of being able to wear it one day, and I would like others to do the same. There must plenty of little kids with the same dream I once had. "
Official Football Manager Thread - Page 35 87fcec3f69fd05ece2387f1454e5e453
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:15 pm

my friends problem Very Happy lmao 

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 35 1015772_10200718116334160_1191729197_o

"I do not want the # 10 kit to be retired. It wouldn’t be right. When I was a child I dreamed of being able to wear it one day, and I would like others to do the same. There must plenty of little kids with the same dream I once had. "
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Get Ruffier and Griezmann if you can, and then get Xabi/Arteta in your 3rd season when they aren't playing much in their team, they last a long time in the game

and raid Sociedad

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:44 am

Butt wrote:btw fm13 crack has been out for a while

Lead me to it pls?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 35 1044554_10200587152900044_1726314330_n

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Devi do you ever want to get the FM12 game going?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:35 pm

@juveman17 wrote:Devi do you ever want to get the FM12 game going?

might as make it fm13 now

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:33 am

Well my first season at Porto finished. In the end I finished second ( lost the league on the last day) , won one cup , got knocked out on penalties in the other cup ( by Sporting) and got to the QF in the CL. ( Knocked out by Man United 4-3 on aggregate)    

Overall, I'm pleased with the standings since in the beginning I was very close to the relegation zone.  Already in the summer of 2013 and PSG have met the release clause in the contract that I gave Moutinho. ( 50 Million US ) It is sad to see him go that early and I regret inserting in the release clause.  I used Moutinho primarily as a BBM who would you guys suggest is a direct and cheaper replacement and a younger replacement for him? Hope there is an heir to him.

Tons of clubs are also interested in James Rodriguez . Should I sell him too? And if so, how much should I sell him for? To be honest, I like James Rodriguez he has tons of potential and he's brilliant but its frustrating to see him take so many trifling long range efforts. Chances are, he won't even unlearn the shoots from distance PPM and that annoys me to the point where I might want to sell him since I love patient build-up and he slightly corrupts it. To be honest , also, he's not the fulcrum of my system so it really wouldn't hurt selling him.  

Also does anyone know a player who is a left conventional winger ( like Valencia) who loves to track back and can still challenge the fullback and get good crosses in the box? ( Preferably for the role of Defensive Winger )

Last question  : How do I influence the quality of the youth intakes??? I realized that my first youth intake was abysmal to say the least. I feel I need to concentrate more on youth, so how would I go about getting better players in the intake???

Thanks.

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:24 pm

^ By asking your club to improve youth facilites.... i rarely get any good youths from my teams somehow all good youths are either in France or SA

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum