Lex
Freeza
Valkyrja
69 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Bale for Sale - Page 8 Empty Re: Bale for Sale

Post by Freeza Tue May 21, 2019 12:33 pm

I think we need to bite the bullet and agree to some sort of severance package that compensates Bale for the salary he'll lose for a new team.

He's not gonna play anymore, he's got a contract. Would be ideal for our club and the player to move on, but it's not fair to force Bale to continue sitting on the bench when we gave him the contract. I'm sure there's a fair deal to be made and his insistence on returning is just a negotiation tactic.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 21, 2019 9:23 pm

That has to be the nicest thing you ever wrote about Bale @Freeza
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2019 9:45 pm

Someone hijacked Freeza's account...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 pm

Still think Man United will end up signing him. Would be best for everyone involved tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue May 21, 2019 10:06 pm

British media still believe Bale is a top 5 player maybe even as far as being 3rd best in the world behind Messi and Ronaldo. So I'm sure hes bound for the premier league..just need a sucker
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Tue May 21, 2019 10:08 pm

the fact that, usually but not always, when Bale plays for Wales, he looks much more confident and plays so much better due to being the leader of the team and the team literally built around him, and let's not forget he got his mediocre Wales team to semi finals of Euro 2018.

Therefore, anyone seeing that he can definitely be revived, should invest in him, and teams like United and Arsenal or Bayern will definitely upgrade by buying him.
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 21, 2019 11:36 pm

he had the same opportunity to be the leader here. its not like cristiano's on the team, but he gets injured and goes on sabbatical. his agent hasn't helped his relationship with the coach either. remember when zidane came, for a whole year and a half he trumpeted the idea that unless there's an injury or suspension, bbc will always play. the fall out imo started in the clasico we lost 3-2.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue May 21, 2019 11:44 pm

NeganIsco wrote:the fact that, usually but not always, when Bale plays for Wales, he looks much more confident and plays so much better due to being the leader of the team and the team literally built around him, and let's not forget he got his mediocre Wales team to semi finals of Euro 2018.

Therefore, anyone seeing that he can definitely be revived, should invest in him, and teams like United and Arsenal or Bayern will definitely upgrade by buying him.

Well he is their best player and Wales play to his strengths I believe. In Madrid he doesn't have a good personal relationship with teammates, which maybe has to do with language barriers that Bale himself refuses to fix.

Bale has been given chances to be the main man here and it didnt work out. With Ronaldo out our other attackers had the opportunity to step up take responsibility. Other than Benzema, they all flopped.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 22, 2019 2:07 am

language barrier is no excuse. its football, you don't need to say one word to let people know when you want the ball. beckham was already averaging more assists for us in his first few months, and couldn't speak a lick of spanish. one of these days, i'll give my full take on how the bale situation broke, the genesis of it . and ofcourse a large chunk of that would involve injuries
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 22, 2019 9:26 am

Oh, I disagree Tito. Bale has not only refused to learn the language he hasn’t adapted to the culture, teamates, nothing. He’s mostly silent in the dressing room, keeps to himself, misses team functions, goes out golfing by himself. Basically that english attitude of ‘speak to me in my language’ entitlement.

He has been doing this for 5 years! When he had is chance this year to star, he flopped miserably. The whole burden of this year was placed on him and Benz primarily and initially they both flopped. At least Benz picked himself up, dusted off the rust and did his part. Sure rest of team did badly as well, but it was these two that were expected to carry the load.

Think of it, Bale supposedly a top 5 player expected to take over most of Ronaldo’s contributions ended up behind Asensio, Lucas, Isco, even Brahim on a very bad Real Madrid!

His refusal to adapt to Spain isn’t the reason why he has faded so badly, but his lack of leadership sure is a result of his isolation adoption!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 22, 2019 9:29 am

And your comparison to Beckham is wrong. Beckham integrated very well to Spanish. Plus he is an extrovert, easily getting along with his teammates etc. While Bale is an extreme introvert. Different animals entirely.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 22, 2019 10:12 am

futbol_bill wrote:Oh, I disagree Tito. Bale has not only refused to learn the language he hasn’t adapted to the culture, teamates, nothing. He’s mostly silent in the dressing room, keeps to himself, misses team functions, goes out golfing by himself. Basically that english attitude of ‘speak to me in my language’ entitlement.

He has been doing this for 5 years! When he had is chance this year to star, he flopped miserably. The whole burden of this year was placed on him and Benz primarily and initially they both flopped. At least Benz picked himself up, dusted off the rust and did his part. Sure rest of team did badly as well, but it was these two that were expected to carry the load.

Think of it, Bale supposedly a top 5 player expected to take over most of Ronaldo’s contributions ended up behind Asensio, Lucas, Isco, even Brahim on a very bad Real Madrid!

His refusal to adapt to Spain isn’t the reason why he has faded so badly, but his lack of leadership sure is a result of his isolation adoption!
futbol_bill wrote:Oh, I disagree Tito. Bale has not only refused to learn the language he hasn’t adapted to the culture, teamates, nothing. He’s mostly silent in the dressing room, keeps to himself, misses team functions, goes out golfing by himself. Basically that english attitude of ‘speak to me in my language’ entitlement.

bale is welsh not english you twat. if your gonna shoot somebody down for being ignorant be careful of ricochets.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 22, 2019 10:17 am

I was referring to all English’ speaking, you twat!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 22, 2019 10:22 am

futbol_bill wrote:I was referring to all English’ speaking, you twat!
you said. Basically that english attitude of ‘speak to me in my language’ entitlement. i know what you meant pedro. now stop being a twat.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 22, 2019 10:38 am

Just as you refer to all latinos as Spanish, we refer to English speaking world as English, you twat. God you are super sensitive! Maybe be just stay in the general section!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 22, 2019 10:52 am

futbol_bill wrote:Just as you refer to all latinos as Spanish, we refer to English speaking world as English, you twat. God you are super sensitive! Maybe be just stay in the general section!
i think you are a bit confused pedro.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 22, 2019 11:45 am

Doc wrote:That has to be the nicest thing you ever wrote about Bale @Freeza

I could never hate on the world's highest paid amateur golfer
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 22, 2019 12:38 pm

@bill, i said beckham in the first few months. i put a time line on it, i didn't say he couldn't speak for his whole time here. but in the first few months his impact was already big on the pitch, and maybe he could say yes and no in spanish, but i'm sure it must have taken more than 2-3 months for him to learn

i never have bought into the language argument, i think that's just used as added ammo because his form has been garbage and he's always injured. plus if the man doesn't want to go out at midnight, maybe it rubs his teams the wrong way, but he's an adult and not the captain, so its his prerogative

me, i simply stick with his football; his football has been awful and so too the injuries. if he was beasting and giving us 3 points in games that matter, nobody would care about him not speaking spanish
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 22, 2019 2:36 pm

You talked about leadership! To be able to lead, you have to be able to communicate! Being introverted, isolated and unable to communicate with your teammates without a translator doesn’t make for any opportunities to lead.

And btw he has missed many team functions that weren’t late at night. Seems they were during golf hours!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 22, 2019 2:46 pm

It's like Biden beating up Trump behind the high school gym in here Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 22, 2019 3:17 pm

unreal racism in this thread tbh. just because hes not a called pedro dont have a year long sun tan and refuses to eat paella 3 times a day everyone hates him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed May 22, 2019 3:28 pm

"Racism"? You do realize that you're both white, right?

This has nothing to do with racism. This is just Bill voicing his discontent and frustration with a player who was bought for a small country's GDP and delivered close to nothing in recent years.

He was certainly wrong with his English attitude comment, and you were equally wrong for resorting to name-calling. Both of you could've handled the situation a little better.

With that being said, Bale sucks.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Agreed, Bale sucks and I need Bayern to take him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 22, 2019 4:03 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:"Racism"? You do realize that you're both white, right?

This has nothing to do with racism. This is just Bill voicing his discontent and frustration with a player who was bought for a small country's GDP and delivered close to nothing in recent years.

He was certainly wrong with his English attitude comment, and you were equally wrong for resorting to name-calling. Both of you could've handled the situation a little better.

With that being said, Bale sucks.
dude im just joking Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed May 22, 2019 4:33 pm

Benzema and Ben Arfa publically hated each other, but they still found a way to tear teams up in Lyon.

It's just that Bale is only as useful as his namesake

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 22, 2019 5:19 pm

titosantill wrote:@bill, i said beckham in the first few months. i put a time line on it, i didn't say he couldn't speak for his whole time here. but in the first few months his impact was already big on the pitch, and maybe he could say yes and no in spanish, but i'm sure it must have taken more than 2-3 months for him to learn

i never have bought into the language argument, i think that's just used as added ammo because his form has been garbage and he's always injured. plus if the man doesn't want to go out at midnight, maybe it rubs his teams the wrong way, but he's an adult and not the captain, so its his prerogative

me, i simply stick with his football; his football has been awful and so too the injuries. if he was beasting and giving us 3 points in games that matter, nobody would care about him not speaking spanish

Tito, I know this is off topic, but I want to explain what the club does re language. The moment a foreign language speaking player arrives, he is assigned an interpreter and is put in Spanish classes, usually one on one. Some adapt very quickly like the Italians, Portuguese and Brazilians. For others it takes time,but the interpretations help ease the way particularly with coaches and teammates. We’ve seen Germans and Dutch players be very fluent in only weeks, for example Kroos. And some like Zidane actually speak like a native. But it’s always English speaking that have a difficult time, although I’ve never seen anyone as bad as Bale. My experience outside of futbol, is English speaking people struggle with any foreign language. I can’t explain it other than because English is usually adopted as the common language aka this forum, they seem to have this entitlement attitude.

So back to your post, Beckham was indeed getting help when he so early on was communicating with teammates.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next