Summer 2015 Special: How do we Improve Arsenal?

+23
6unner
Kaladin
Abramovich
Raptorgunner
VendettaRed07
free_cat
Twoism
MJ
Eman
Sina
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Chumlum
urbaNRoots
El Gunner
Jay29
silver
Gyarados Garrincha
Hapless_Hans
Sri
Kwame2u
Kick
Artilleristen
RealGunner
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Summer 2015 Special: How do we Improve Arsenal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer 2015 Special: How do we Improve Arsenal?

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Sadly, Pizarro, who is one of my favourite players ever, isn't physically up to it anymore.

Obviously Wenger would want Martinez, Alaba or Lewandowski, neither of which he's going to get.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Summer 2015 Special: How do we Improve Arsenal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer 2015 Special: How do we Improve Arsenal?

Post by Sri Wed May 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Sadly, Pizarro, who is one of my favourite players ever, isn't physically up to it anymore.

Obviously Wenger would want Martinez, Alaba or Lewandowski, neither of which he's going to get.

Was just about to type that. Özil and Alexis weren't originally from that country. That would rule out all Germans in the Bayern squad. Think this is a more crucial trend than for the player to be an attacking player. We could do with strengthening in defense.

Martinez then. hmm

You guys signing Illaramendi and sending Martinez over? I'll write a memo to Ivan Gazidis to wire the monies one the wages are sorted. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 06, 2015 5:23 pm

Also, Hans implicitly agreed already Proud

Spoiler:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 06, 2015 5:24 pm

30m € + 1 pound.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/javi-martinez/profil/spieler/44017

Sounds good. Cool

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed May 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Javi Martinez, admittedly, has Arsenal DNA. I'm sure Internet Bullshit Artist has confirmed that a bid has been made and there will be a medical in ... wait for it ... 48 hours.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 06, 2015 6:39 pm

99% done.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed May 06, 2015 6:43 pm

If Wenger had ambition we'd get Yann M'Vila, Yoann Gourcuff, and Josip Drmic though tbh.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Y'all still remember the Nikola Zigic rumours :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Nah. Kalou. We need Kalou.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu May 07, 2015 12:00 am

Ideal
Proven Top class Gk that can make difference on big occasions

Better/Different DM
who has positional sense and offers himself in build up and can improve us when we try to progress the ball up the field
atm we rely alot on Girouds back to goal ability and hold up to move the ball up field

thats when you look at elite technical teams,...if we were to get there and compete with them

so that Holder could do more complete job and moving Ramsey back to central role

[and having Coq as alternative when we want more tenacity]
http://www.7amkickoff.com/2015/naveens-tactical-column-verticality-compactness-and-countering-chelseas-parked-bus/

^this bit about Coquelin being non factor in build up is what im referring to
but he is valuable member and not sure Schneiderlin big enough upgrade or difference in style to warrant 20M+ spending

a bit shocked with satisfaction to keep Ramsey in his current wide role
still think we can get more outta of his partnership with Öz when both Central in their best roles
i think Ramsey himself said back then about benefiting from Öz movement in #10 role to create space for him to make late runs rather than Ramsey staying higher up the pitch and even playing off the shoulder which didnt bring as much success for him early on this season

feel like Giroud at his absolute best still sadly may not be good enough to win major honors
Giroud/Wele on the back off Top CF would great

----------*GK--------
Bellerin----Mert---Kos---Nacho
--------*DM------Ramsey----
Jack/Ox-----Özil-----Alexis
------------CF---------------

*Jack/ox depend on what skill sets we want on different occasions

but in reality said it while back that i dont expect any major business by us this summer[just staying opportunistic if some top Quality became available]

in which case would rely and important players like Kos/Rambo/Mesut/Giroud etc to stay fit and play sth like 30 or more league games to have a genuine shot at title
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 08, 2015 4:58 pm

I have Cazorla as a CM for a simple reason, because he is better than Ramsey in the role. While Ramsey even as a wide attacking midfielder can offer the goals and assists without disrupting our build up from midfield.

Maybe it's not ideal but in my opinion the only way to have Cazorla/Ramsey/Özil in the team with some balance... all 3 being essential to our team.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri May 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Javi Martinez would actually be perfect as he was previously a DM so he could fill that role and CB and we'd be pretty damn strong defensively all-around. I'm not holding my breath though.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 08, 2015 8:07 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I have Cazorla as a CM for a simple reason, because he is better than Ramsey in the role. While Ramsey even as a wide attacking midfielder can offer the goals and assists without disrupting our build up from midfield.

Maybe it's not ideal but in my opinion the only way to have Cazorla/Ramsey/Özil in the team with some balance... all 3 being essential to our team.

This is my thinking, as well. On paper, it doesn't look ideal but currently it's the best way of getting the most out of their best attributes:

Ozil plays his best position and doesn't have to do too much defensive work.

Cazorla can make the most use of his ambidexterity and passing ability and be a key influence on games.

Ramsey can still get into goalscoring positions and play the final pass.

All without giving up too much defensively.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Eman wrote:Javi Martinez would actually be perfect as he was previously a DM so he could fill that role and CB and we'd be pretty damn strong defensively all-around. I'm not holding my breath though.

Good. Wouldn't want to see you fainting.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri May 08, 2015 9:31 pm

El Gunner wrote:Y'all still remember the Nikola Zigic rumours :coffee:

I don't like to talk about them. Scary times to be a Gooner.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 08, 2015 9:35 pm

I wish i could have Nikola Zigic rumors tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 08, 2015 10:54 pm

Aww Mole Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat May 09, 2015 11:41 am

For the 1st time since forever I'm calm before transfer window storm, our squad is getting there in term of quality and depth. I have faith in Wenger capability to bring some new blood into the squad. He had Chambers who's decent enough to cover CB but still insisted on Gabriel in winter no less, that assured me.

That's being said, deadwood is still big problem and won't go away anytime soon. There are some players whose contribution stayed at minimum to none, wish we could free up that wages/ spaces.

The problem for me, at least next few years is to how overcome Mou's Chelsea, that's ultimate test. They had best squad and adding new players every year, they're efficient and know how to win. I hate their brand of football but they're that final push. Consistency aside, that's biggest test for Wenger to get net positive points out of those two games.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat May 09, 2015 11:58 am

The last time Mou entered the league, we were entering our decade of austerity.

This time, we are coming out of it. I expect us to be much more up for it, and able to stamp our brand of football on the basis of much better personnel to execute it.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 12, 2015 11:40 am

No one wants to sell Wellbeck? Come on, dude is rubish. I bet you can manage to get some midtable PL club to pay almost what you paid for him.

IMO Arsenal need a GK and a striker the most. Perhaps a winger too.

GK ideal would be Petr Cech. Proven, with still several years still in his belt, and might be gettable now that he's benched.

Striker: why doesn't Arsenal try to get Higuain? Lacazette a good option too.

Of course, getting a DM like Javi Martinez wouldn't hurt, though with his injury worries, Arsenal would be the last place he should go.

Isco might be on the run, and although you don't "need him", if he's available I'd try to sign him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 12, 2015 6:11 pm

Lol Higuain isn't much of an improvement on Giroud.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed May 13, 2015 12:40 am

I haven't given up hope on Welbeck, myself. I'll admit his performances kind of disappointed me overall this season - he lacks two pretty important things, final ball and finishing. But he's still young enough that he should get a second season here. His all-around game aside from those two things is still very good.

If Wenger went in big for someone who essentially booted Welbeck into third choice for the striker role, I'm not saying I'd be angry or anything, but I'd feel kind of bad for the guy.

But that's also why I dislike the stockpiling of relatively expensive players. Too often good players just sit bench and waste away during the years they could be playing well, because they/agents/fans/pundits/etc. think they're "too good" for a mid-table club. Would help leagues if the CL teams didn't constantly pick off every good player after an impressive season or two.

But I digress ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed May 13, 2015 2:41 am

Welbz going nowhere, that MU goal and his "work rate" has made Wengers and certain portion of fans relatively happy. I personally want someone better but if it's him or Podolski, I take him everytime.

Nothing is wrong with Welbz on the bench either, Falcao & RVP were on the bench watching Fellaini the giant trying and succeed in the art of Crouch imitation.

Like I said, a few tweak here and there would really do this team some good. A good experienced GK would be ideal but Wengers might hang on to Chesny & of course a striker but I'm struggling to find anyone available who is better than Giroud.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed May 13, 2015 3:02 am

Welbeck can stay.

He isn't a striker and not the backup to Giroud we brought him into be. He just runs and works. He doesn't even look like he is even thinking about scoring goals whenever he plays, just tries to help out the teams overall play

He's a solid Premier League footballer, who can play out wide, work hard, and doesn't demand to start all the time. We have no need for a Milner or whatever type player with him on the team and that role. Selling him and signing Milner would be the most pointless transfer move ever
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 13, 2015 3:08 am

Nothing wrong with Welbeck, and yes we need a better striker than Giroud.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed May 13, 2015 3:57 am

Giroud needs to be our "Dzeko" if we want to win this league. We really cannot continue to rely on him like we have
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next