halamadrid2
terrance511
izzy
Valkyrja
Perucho21
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where do we go from here? Empty Where do we go from here?

Post by Perucho21 Wed May 13, 2015 9:59 pm

So in the span of one week, we have been eliminated from 2 competitions La Liga and the CL.

I understand that this season has been plagued with injuries to important players, but we simply cannot ignore how badly Carlo treated the team this season, how bad Ramos was in defense and of course Bale having a horrible season around. What do we do with these 3?

What is there to look forward for next season and what will Perez do in the transfer window?

I just hope the first thing we do is at least look at offers for Bale
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Where do we go from here? Empty Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 13, 2015 10:05 pm

our first 11 doesn't need changes, we need depth and rotation.

DDG, Verratti, Danilo, a backup Ronaldo and Benzema, a backup LB(Gaya)

DDG
Carvajal/Danilo Varane Ramos Marcelo
James Modric Kroos Isco
Benzema Ronaldo

GK, Danilo/Carvajal, Pepe, Nacho, Gaya, Verratti, Illarra, Jese, backup striker(a few months ago we were linked to Paco Alcacer...)
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed May 13, 2015 10:07 pm

Valkyrja wrote:our first 11 doesn't need changes, we need depth and rotation.

DDG
James Modric Kroos Isco
Benzema Ronaldo

GK, Danilo/Carvajal, Pepe, Nacho, Gaya, Verratti, Illarra, Jese, backup striker(a few months ago we were linked to Paco Alcacer...)

Relax....... how many new players is that?

Come on now.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed May 13, 2015 10:07 pm

carlo will be gone
ramos will be here till he retired, no point thinking much bout this
iker and bale is the situation we can improve.

any decent coach with a halfbrain, who's going to take the job, the 1st thing they will ask from perez, is the authority on bale and iker issue.

so, no worry, bro, thing can only goes better from this point.

unless.

we spent another 100m on

harry kane.

im off football by that time.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 13, 2015 10:09 pm

izzy wrote:

DDG
James Modric Kroos Isco
Benzema Ronaldo

Relax....... how many new players is that?

Come on now.

5 players, 4 because Danilo is already ours
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 13, 2015 10:16 pm

Imo Bale out ADM in
Iker out DDG in
Coentrao out Gaya/Marcos Alonso in
Illarra/Silva out Veratti in
Back up CF

And we are done. It's not the players that are wrong bar Bale. It is the way Carlo plays them. For example James is best as a RW, instead he plays LCM, Isco plays best as a LW, instead he plays as a RCM. Bale is awful on the right yet he still plays there. Illarra is a CDM, he plays him as a CM. Jese is a LW/Forward he plays him on the right

It's like he plays everyone where they are not comfortable
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed May 13, 2015 11:14 pm

give us Bale if you don't want him anymore.... bounce bounce bounce
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 pm

lol, hala you're requirements are unrealistic; you know florentino perez very well; the man hasn't admitted that the kaka signing was a flop, he never admitted selling makelele or letting del bosque go were mistakes. he will never sell bale nor get di maria back, that would just be him admitting defeat. and its quite impossible to get di maria, its not like he's on loan, that ship sadly has sailed.

we need depth in certain positions, and to learn how to rotate them as well as give these players opportunities. i don't believe this thing of competition being bad for players, in my opinion its a foolish mentality. have proper back ups that you trust and who can also push the starters. signing chicharito when you don't trust him never made sense to me, benzema was used so much to the point he got injured (something that rarely happens), and it was the same story last year, carlo pushed him to the point late in the season he was fatigued. sign a proper co-striker or give jese minutes

and sort out the formation, 4 3 3 wont work, 4 4 2 is also imbalanced; you cannot play 3 attacking midfielders in central midfield and expect the defense to be protected, especially when you have wingers who don't assist the wing-backs on defense, sign a defensive midfielder and keep illara as well, to compete for that position....but seriously I cannot believe ancelotti does Not know all this.

and sort out what you want to do with bale, guys, guys, bale is NOT leaving, florentino won't sell him. so let's take that into account when suggesting formations. florentino didn't sell kaka when psg where actually interested in him, he won't sell bale at this point when most of europe don't even rate him high anymore.....it just is what it is
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 14, 2015 12:43 am

DDG
James Modric Kroos Isco
Benzema Ronaldo

Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral

Honestly, Madrid only need a back up CF, a bit of depth in CM (maybe a proper DM) and a back up LB.

Also, Sign DDG for the lols from Utd.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu May 14, 2015 2:26 am

Kick wrote:

DDG
James Modric Kroos Isco
Benzema Ronaldo

Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral

Honestly, Madrid only need a back up CF, a bit of depth in CM (maybe a proper DM) and a back up LB.

Also, Sign DDG for the lols from Utd.

bale for di maria and de gea
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 14, 2015 2:27 am

Agreed with Kick about the DM issue. I think Madrid really lacks in that area because Kroos is a poor DM and quite ineffective without Modric.

Modric is easily Madrid's best player, but he needs a cover. I don't know who Madrid sees as a DM of their calibre but it won't hurt to pursue someone like Witsel, Carvalho or Matuidi/Verratti.

Madrid also need a Benzema cover.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 14, 2015 2:33 am

Hire the Klopp?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 14, 2015 2:36 am

RealGunner wrote:Agreed with Kick about the DM issue. I think Madrid really lacks in that area because Kroos is a poor DM and quite ineffective without Modric.

Modric is easily Madrid's best player, but he needs a cover. I don't know who Madrid sees as a DM of their calibre but it won't hurt to pursue someone like Witsel, Carvalho or Matuidi/Verratti.

Madrid also need a Benzema cover.

I was shocked by the space between the CB's and midfield. I would have be targeting that all game, if I were Juve.

DM cover seems an obvious one for me.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu May 14, 2015 2:54 am

No disrespect to You guys (RG and Kick), but I don't think you are really seeing the problem.

Just inserting a DM wouldn't change things, it would just make things worse, especially with a coward as a coach.

We need a player who would be able to link the midfield and defence and basically play on the half-way line. We have that in Illaramendi, he just is never allowed to play because Carlo is so stubborn on forcing a 4-3-3 and playing Bale.

Carlo believes that playing Bale on the right means that we have a 4 man midfield, which is just crazy because Bale doesn't do ANY of the work required to play that role...... and Carlo knows that, yet he still plays him.

Bale is such an issue and here's why:

- In order to have that solidity in midfield without a DM, you need both wide players in the 4-4-2 to understand when to play inside but also know how to keep the wide shape..... Isco and James were doing that.

- You need a midfield duo that does not invade each others space and can cover for each of the wider midfielders when they advance forward....... Modric and Kroos were doing that.

- Because of this, the CBs and fullbacks now know which players they are covering for and can adequately take up the space left behind by those players and plug those gaps...... Real Madrid WERE doing this.

However, Carlo's insistence on Bale means:

- We are a midfielder short. No need to explain what happens now.

- Isco is not playing. Creativity has been lost immensely, forcing Benzema, Ronaldo and James to come deeper to get the ball and get involved.

- Kroos and Modric now must advance even further forward and leave a HUGE gap between the midfield and defence to try and help out with the lack of creativity.

- As we are playing 4-3-3, Ronaldo and Bale will provide ZERO help to the fullbacks, forcing Kroos and Modric to run out there and leave that huge hole you guys saw in the midfield between defence and midfield.

- When we do get on the ball, we do not retain it for decent spells of possession, resulting in meaningless running round after the ball and the team being stretched.

How one player can destroy an entire system. A DM would be no help if Carlo insists on this madness. That's why Illarra gets no minutes..... he asked to do so damn much that it overwhelms him and you get performances like the one you saw against Sevilla where his confidence is shot.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu May 14, 2015 3:31 am

Jesus izzy ffs cheers, we can't afford bale and cr on the pitch it's too much to cover for, that why the 442 was doing so great, cause cr was isolated to use mainly runs, and everybody else dominates the ball, carlo clearly knows this and still chickened out in all the big games

about illarra spot on, i have been saying that for a while, the only reason he wasn't playing is because there is no pressure on carlo to play him, not because he isn't good enough, isco-james-ramos are not better cm than him, carlo even picked a disinterested khedira ahead of him for no reason, its was so stupid i just can't see why he is avoiding to play him so much, when all the solutions he tried failed, the moment i saw silva i knew he wasn't better than illarra either, carlo was being an ass all the way to the end, ramos as dm alone should get him fired.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 14, 2015 5:08 am

Madrid aren't set up to play a with DM. Kroos is the deep playing mid... we play like an Italian team. The defensive cover in the midfield is supposed to come from the left and right CMs and the wingers. The central CM is there to be the field general. With no winger support on defense, it falls even more to the corner CMs to cover... and add to it, Marcelo can't play defense either.

So the issue isn't solved AT ALL with a DM. You need to get better at fullback on Marcelo's side and you could even get better than Carvajal with Danilo. After that, you need a physical beast to go B2B and cover ground next to Kroos and Modric.

Modric going down was a killer. Isco and James are AMs asked to play B2B and they'll never be great defensively. Isco has been good and James mediocre in their coverage. Modric instead of James or Isco balances it out because he's been stellar covering on his side believe it or not.

If we didn't play with 3 strikers and had a winger get in there with great work rate and cover, it would help too.

The squad and the tactics aren't a good mix right now. But even then, we're a great team... but we could be a dominant one with very little tweaking.

It's already clear that the fullback issue is being addressed with the purchase of Danio and rumors around Gaya and other LBs... there's also a pretty strong feeling that Madrid is going to get into the race for Pogba very shortly. That would take care of almost everything.... except Bale. But if we pull the rest off, Bale may not be much of a problem anymore.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 14, 2015 8:19 am

Clear lack of understanding about tactics in this thread Laughing

GL at it's finest. I'm with Sports on this. I think it's the balance of the team rather than individuals per say.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 14, 2015 9:15 am

I've been thinking about it and promoting Zidane is not a good option. The man loves Bale.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 14, 2015 10:10 am

Is it out of the question to keep Carlo?

Really can't imagine you doing much better with anyone else just like that.
I could see Klopp flopping hard, if that's what you're thinking.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu May 14, 2015 2:25 pm

couple of things come to mind directly.

1- Hire klopp, we need a new system, a new motivation, a philosophy.

2- Get rid of bale and casillas. no need for casillas even in bench, will cause more problems there.

3- We need to inject more youth talents, the top talents, like a new lb, gaya or Abdul Rahman Baba.

4- We need a young striker instead of chica, the best young striker other then morata that comes to mind is embolo, he even seems madrid style of player, pace, technique etc or even try one of dozens new belgium strikers.

5- We need another winger in our side, may be try anderson or some other talented dude.

6- Replacement keeper should be someone great and permanent, de gea or courtois.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu May 14, 2015 2:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Is it out of the question to keep Carlo?

Yes, it is out of the question.

Have you seen how he used this squad? Have you seen the idiocy this guy oozes?

Instead of going with what works, he goes with what doesn't work, it hopes that it might work, knowing it WON'T work!!

I can't stand him.

His "reason" for subbing of Benzema early? He just came back from injury.
But this same *bleep* *bleep* played Bale for 86 mins in the 1st leg when he just came back from injury.

I *bleep* hate him.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by maxyz Thu May 14, 2015 8:32 pm

Bale is our biggest problem and Casillas is our 2nd one. Our defence is set with Danilo-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo. Getting Gaya would be great since Marcelo doesn't have any competition but it's unlikely to happen. Selling Bale and using some of our own cash to bring in Hazard and De Gea would be great. I wouldn't mind keeping Benz but some reports say that we're looking to sell him while he's at his peak transfer value and he isn't getting any younger (27). If we do sell him I think his best replacement is Lacazette. So :
Out:Casillas, Arbeloa, Coentrao if we get another LB, Khedira, Illara if we recall Casemiro or get somebody better , Bale.
In: De Gea, Danilo, Gaya or some other LB like Kurzawa, Hazard, Lacazette if we sell Benzema, back-up striker.  Like I said, biggest problems are Bale, Casillas and the depth of our squad. While Modrić is injured, I feel that our bench is pretty much useless, we need more sub players.
Where do we go from here? C697e803b1aed757eba92f6e04e88623
maxyz
maxyz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 15, 2015 12:23 am

Kurzawa is not good enough for Madrid... in fact, he's not good enough for NT period right now which is why he's not getting called up.

Also, Lacazette was good (not great) when he had to share the striking duties with Gomis (who is unselfish)... He only became a top striker when he was on top alone. I don't see how he's going to play well with both Ronaldo and Bale running into his space and taking his balls.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri May 15, 2015 12:46 am

maxyz wrote:Bale is our biggest problem and Casillas is our 2nd one. Our defence is set with Danilo-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo. Getting Gaya would be great since Marcelo doesn't have any competition but it's unlikely to happen. Selling Bale and using some of our own cash to bring in Hazard and De Gea would be great. I wouldn't mind keeping Benz but some reports say that we're looking to sell him while he's at his peak transfer value and he isn't getting any younger (27). If we do sell him I think his best replacement is Lacazette. So :
Out:Casillas, Arbeloa, Coentrao if we get another LB, Khedira, Illara if we recall Casemiro or get somebody better , Bale.
In: De Gea, Danilo, Gaya or some other LB like Kurzawa, Hazard, Lacazette if we sell Benzema, back-up striker.  Like I said, biggest problems are Bale, Casillas and the depth of our squad. While Modrić is injured, I feel that our bench is pretty much useless, we need more sub players.
]

27 is too old for a striker now? sit down kid Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 15, 2015 3:26 pm

izzy wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Is it out of the question to keep Carlo?

Yes, it is out of the question.

Have you seen how he used this squad? Have you seen the idiocy this guy oozes?

Instead of going with what works, he goes with what doesn't work, it hopes that it might work, knowing it WON'T work!!

I can't stand him.

His "reason" for subbing of Benzema early? He just came back from injury.
But this same *bleep* *bleep* played Bale for 86 mins in the 1st leg when he just came back from injury.

I *bleep* hate him.

And I think you're going ridiculously, embarassingly over the top here.
You "hate" Ancelotti? The guy "oozes idiocy"?
Are you *bleep* kidding me? Who do you think you are?
You should be ashamed.

In case the memo hasn't reached you, no team has won back to back CL titles. It just doesn't happen.
You went out in the semis, and it was a close fight.

I thought you played well. Some star players maybe let you down to an extent (Ronaldo), but then that's what happens.

It's Carlo's second year. He won CL and cup in his first.
From your last season midfield, you had not a single player available - Di Maria sold, Alonso sold, Modric injured.

Not to mention Carlo is the most lovable coach out there, so even if you want him out, to 'hate him'.. Jesus.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum