Goodbye Xavi

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Goodbye Xavi

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Fri May 22, 2015 7:21 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
El Cujo wrote:Sneijder never gets any respect. Clowns.

:coffee:
Maybe because he went into retirement at 26? Laughing

He was unlucky, went to a shitty Real Madrid and got sold when things would start to improve because he was Calderon's purchase. Arrives at Mourinho's Inter, great team, perfect season, probably deserved balon d'oro, Mourinho leaves and he is in a shitty team again for another 3 years. Probably lost the motivation and choose to spend the rest of his career in a pool of Turkish money.

Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Fri May 22, 2015 7:28 pm

He's playing fine in Turkey. Still a very good AM, and comes up big for the Netherlands when they need it (see the Mexico goal).

Respect the Dutch Maestro.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Fri May 22, 2015 7:38 pm

If he and Robben had stayed in place of Di Maria and that German scrub that plays for Arsenal, Real Madrid would have won about 3 CL's during this time.

Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer on Fri May 22, 2015 7:49 pm

@Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
@Lord Spencer wrote:Yes there is.

They are called Xavi, Pirlo, Ineista, Seedorf, among others. Personally, I see Pirlo and Xavi at the top of midfielders in the last 10 years.

You can see them as the best but they're not absolute, there are others at the same level or even superior for a lot of people like Gerrard, Lampard, Ballack, Kaká, Sneijder, Riquelme...

Which is why I said "Personally".

I think there can be a Tier of absolute top midfielders. Not a single "absolute" player though, so you are right there.
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Fri May 22, 2015 7:53 pm

@Lord Spencer wrote:Which is why I said "Personally".

I think there can be a Tier of absolute top midfielders. Not a single "absolute" player though, so you are right there.

Fair enough.

Last edited by Socur Toxanarosa on Fri May 22, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer on Fri May 22, 2015 7:53 pm

@Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
@Freeza wrote:
@Socur Toxanarosa wrote:

You can see them as the best but they're not absolute, there are others at the same level or even superior for a lot of people like Gerrard, Lampard, Ballack, Kaká, Sneijder, Riquelme...

Xavi is def better than all of those come on. Riquelme and Sneijder? That's disrespectful at the least.

You're being the disrespectful one here.

Sneijder deserved the ballon d'oro in 2010 for a lot if not the majority of people, carried Holland to the final of a WC, best player in a CL Champions side (Milito for some, i know). Struggled a lot in his career due to bad teams and later with too much partying.

Riquelme you will probably play down his time with Boca, i don't even care though, he was one the most talented CAM's ever.

Xavi and Pirlo were not really big deals until late in their careers, Xavi was suited for the particular style of Pep's Barcelona and was great because of that. Pirlo while being great never really stood out as the absolute star of Milan and Italy until his Juve's days, if not Milan would not let him go in the first place. I think people overrated them a bit these days.

@Winter is Coming wrote:Gerrard, Lampard, Ballack better then or as good as Xavi? Laughing Kaká, Sneijder, Riquelme were great, but they just weren't on top for as long.

In a team that does not play tiki taka, they're better actually. Yeah, consistency x peak is a good debate.

As a Milan fan who watched Milan at their best days.

Pirlo and Seedorf were the best players in the Milan for most of the 2000s. Kaka was great when he took the game by the scruff of the neck, but most of the work is done by Pirlo and Seedorf. Similarly, Pirlo along with Buffon were the best players in Italy's 2006 campaign, as well as the best players for Italy afterwards.

Similirly, Xavi is one of the major players responsible for Barca's as well as Spain's dominance.
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Fri May 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Pirlo is in a class of his own for me. Easily one of the most enjoyable players to watch play. He is truly a special player.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 on Sat May 23, 2015 12:21 am

@Winter is Coming wrote:Xavi Crying or Very sad

This will be us next season

@Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
@Lord Spencer wrote:Yes there is.

They are called Xavi, Pirlo, Ineista, Seedorf, among others. Personally, I see Pirlo and Xavi at the top of midfielders in the last 10 years.

Gerrard, Lampard, Ballack better then or as good as Xavi? Laughing Kaká, Sneijder, Riquelme were great, but they just weren't on top for as long.

gave superb performance in almost every seasons from 1996-2015 is not long enough to you?

or you underrated the place he played that mostly was a non-europe, are you eurocentric kind of people?
guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat May 23, 2015 12:24 am

Can we please keep this to Xavi's farewell
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 on Sat May 23, 2015 12:29 am

@Freeza wrote:Yeah, not going to bother with this. Xavi has skinned us every year for a decade. Sneijder had one great year. Riquelme was talented but never amounted to what he could've been, talent means shit.

you mean , "never amounted to what he could've been" means:

1) almost brought argentina to semifinal in 2006 world cup till been subbed in 2nd half when argentina still lead by 0-1 vs germany as the host, that goal been assisted by him, several minutes after that germany did not have to worry about marking one of the most dangerous playmaker & then they scored, been the world cup top assister even played till quarterfinal only & everybody talk about zidane & pirlo as the best playmaker

2) almost single handily won the 2007 copa america, been the attacking midfielder, been the top scorer for argentina & second top scorer in the competition, been the best argentina player in the final, > messi + tevez + zanetti + ayala + crespo in the whole competition

3) won the 1997 world cup u-20 as the most important argentina player

4) won the 2008 olympic football gold medal as the most important argentina player

people nowadays, lol
guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 on Sat May 23, 2015 12:31 am

@RealGunner wrote:Can we please keep this to Xavi's farewell

sorry realgunner, i will stop my reply to respect this xavi thread even though i'm not finish yet with clueless posters here, lol
guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Sat May 23, 2015 3:29 am

Ten Cate (ex-assistant): "Xavi has long been underestimated. In 2005, everyone talked about Ronaldinho, but it was more Xavi's season"

Guardiola: "Xavi can watch a 4th division game and tell you the next day: I've seen a fantastic right winger. That's how he loves football."

Guardiola: "There hasn't been one day I didn't see Xavi enjoy. When training was at 11, he was already there playing with the ball at 10:40"

Molenation

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico on Sat May 23, 2015 4:40 am

Molenation

Best midfielder of his generation.

El Messico
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard on Sat May 23, 2015 4:11 pm

Mourinho wrote:He’s one of the best players of the past decade but [leaves] without one of the titles he deserved the most, the Ballon d’Or.

It's so strange to see that one of the best ever midfielders never had won the Ballon d'Or.
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Sat May 23, 2015 4:47 pm

hmm..nice comment from pep. truly believe a soccer lover should be like this...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Sat May 23, 2015 4:51 pm

@guest_07 wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Yeah, not going to bother with this. Xavi has skinned us every year for a decade. Sneijder had one great year. Riquelme was talented but never amounted to what he could've been, talent means shit.

you mean , "never amounted to what he could've been" means:

1) almost brought argentina to semifinal in 2006 world cup till been subbed in 2nd half when argentina still lead by 0-1 vs germany as the host, that goal been assisted by him, several minutes after that germany did not have to worry about marking one of the most dangerous playmaker & then they scored, been the world cup top assister even played till quarterfinal only & everybody talk about zidane & pirlo as the best playmaker

2) almost single handily won the 2007 copa america, been the attacking midfielder, been the top scorer for argentina & second top scorer in the competition, been the best argentina player in the final, > messi + tevez + zanetti + ayala + crespo in the whole competition

3) won the 1997 world cup u-20 as the most important argentina player

4) won the 2008 olympic football gold medal as the most important argentina player

people nowadays, lol

so you are rewriting history just to prove Requelme had been great Rolling Eyes

Last edited by neuro11 on Sat May 23, 2015 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Sat May 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Didn't Brazil's b team win that tournament too Laughing

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RED on Sat May 23, 2015 5:25 pm

One of the all time greats. Fantastic career. Much respect.

I'll always fondly remember the way he wound up RM fans or any other club fans leading up to an important game or after Barca lost.

Xavi's troll game is on another level.

Molenation

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 on Sat May 23, 2015 5:30 pm

i think both of you (neuro11+Rebaño Sagrado) need BIGGER eyeglasses, lol

the key word is ALMOST

"2) almost single handily won the 2007 copa america, been the attacking midfielder, been the top scorer for argentina & second top scorer in the competition, been the best argentina player in the final, > messi + tevez + zanetti + ayala + crespo in the whole competition"

again, LOL
guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat May 23, 2015 5:45 pm

And again, Keep this thread to Xavi's farewell.
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 on Sat May 23, 2015 5:49 pm

@RealGunner wrote:And again, Keep this thread to Xavi's farewell.

sorry for that

if they don't quote just to make fun on me on wrong thing, then i will not add any irrelevant item here
guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat May 23, 2015 5:51 pm

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sat May 23, 2015 6:11 pm

@Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Didn't Brazil's b team win that tournament too Laughing

Robinho was the best player of the tournament rofl

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:19 pm

Just had a tribute event.

Iniesta: "We can't imagine next season to start and you not being there at the first training."

Iniesta: "Thanks, xavi, for always being an example, for always putting the group before yourself. Thanks for all your advice."

Iniesta: "Thank you Xavi, for all those years, for all the talks, about football and other things. Those who know you know you will be back"

Xavi: "I want to thank every member and every fan, I'm very grateful."

Xavi: "The trophies are nothing compared to the laughs I had here and the friends I'm leaving behind."

Xavi: "Thanks to Luis Enrique and Zubi, who convinced me not to leave last summer. I'd have killed myself now if I had left..."

Xavi: "Tito has been my football father and I will always carry him in my heart."

Xavi (remembering Luis Aragones): "Coach, wherever you are, know I will never be able to thank you enough for everything you did for me."

Xavi: "Thanks, mom. If it wasn't for you, I would have left many years ago and we wouldn't be here now."

Xavi confirms that his wife Nuria is pregnant.

Xavi: "I hope this isn't a goodbye, but a see-you-soon. Thanks for everything, Barça."

:bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:14 pm

damn I love this guy
billy_gr
First Team
First Team