why riquelme is so underrated in goallegacy?

+33
Doc
Lupi
DuringTheWar
neuro11
Rebaño Sagrado
LeBéninois
zigra
billy_gr
farfan
Cassius
Lord Awesome
titosantill
Hapless_Hans
Unique
The Franchise
Robespierre
Glory
Valkyrja
Kaladin
Deja Vu
Lord Spencer
Socur Toxanarosa
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Donuts
Ganso
futbol
BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
Kick
RealGunner
Freeza
guest_07
37 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

why riquelme is so underrated in goallegacy? - Page 6 Empty Re: why riquelme is so underrated in goallegacy?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 27, 2015 10:54 pm

Freeza wrote:Important trophies won = 0
Uhh... he won 3 libertadores. That is insane.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

why riquelme is so underrated in goallegacy? - Page 6 Empty Re: why riquelme is so underrated in goallegacy?

Post by guest_07 Wed May 27, 2015 10:56 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Freeza wrote:Important trophies won = 0
Uhh... he won 3 libertadores. That is insane.

how to convince non-south american people?

the chance is close to zero (my speculation)

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu May 28, 2015 12:50 am

i just saw "Banega and Bale vs Riquelme" thread but the thread already locked

this is a handicap match, not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbh, what a wonderful idea, creativity at the highest level, first time i seen "vs" thread that include tag team vs 1, lol

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu May 28, 2015 9:55 am

Just playing along here:
Xavi wasn't a key player in 2001
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Seriously I agree with Guest about Riquelme underrated on GL. hmm
Maybe because I know a good number of Riquelme fans who helped me to aprpeciate him
tbh I rate him as one of best players seen as insight into the game and creativeness . Pure class.
Seriously , BC, how many Argentinian trequartistas were of his level in last 15 years ? hmm
Besides his career is not so bad as some think . Best Boca Juniors player ever , hs World Cup was very good , Villareal experience was great, Barcellona .. I said before , when a South American meets Van Gaal...he is done.

Probably his main limit was about the fact you had to build the team around him so as to get his best, even more than the dynamisn probably

"Running, anybody can run, to play football is more complicated " ( J.R.R. )
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 29, 2015 1:11 am

billy_gr wrote:Just playing along here:
Xavi wasn't a key player in 2001

thanks for the enlightenment, billy_gr

his fan should know more than non one

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 29, 2015 1:46 am

Wtf is going on in this thread drunken
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 29, 2015 1:49 am

Guest_07, do you think Riquelme in WC2006 was more important than Messi in 2014?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 29, 2015 3:54 am

RealGunner wrote:Guest_07, do you think Riquelme in WC2006 was more important than Messi in 2014?

it is very subjective, RealGunner

both were look equally important to their team

but i have a strange feeling that when riquelme been subbed, that 2006 team fall like a dominoes, it did not happen once, but 2-3 times before that 2006 wc

& the funny thing, pekerman did not learn on it, lol

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 29, 2015 4:10 am

Robespierre wrote:Seriously I agree with Guest about Riquelme underrated on GL. hmm
Maybe because I know a good number of Riquelme fans who helped me to aprpeciate him
tbh I rate him as one of best players seen as insight into the game and creativeness . Pure class.
Seriously , BC, how many Argentinian trequartistas were of his level in last 15 years ? hmm
Besides his career is not so bad as some think . Best Boca Juniors player ever , hs World Cup was very good , Villareal experience was great, Barcellona .. I said before , when a South American meets Van Gaal...he is done.

Probably his main limit was about the fact you had to build the team around him so as to get his best, even more than the dynamisn probably

"Running, anybody can run, to play football is more complicated " ( J.R.R. )

thanks for the contribution, Robespierre, i appreciate it

talk about quote, let me add some relevant quote:

Jorge Valdano on Riquelme:

"If we have to travel from point A to point B, everyone would take the six-lane highway and get there as quickly as possible. Everyone, except Riquelme. He would would choose the winding mountain road, that takes six hours, but that fills your eyes with scenes of beautiful landscapes"

that is why some love riquelme, some hate him

people that hate him possibly prefer a quick football that leading to the goal

people that love him possibly prefer a calm football, where riquelme shielding the ball & slowly move to the right, to the left, let the teammate move to the best position, & then finally he release his killer pass whether it end up in 1 vs 1, or that ball went straight into the front of the wing player

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri May 29, 2015 1:19 pm

I saw him play at Villareal ( only some games tho.) and a little bit with Argentina during WC ( group stage + Germany ) . I wasn't mature enough to understand his importance on the pitch but I thought he was a class player , very elegant. From what I've seen of him I'd rate someone like Kàkà higher than him despite Riquelme being so class and so talented. Imo He played in an era where n10 like him started to disapear.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Bénin wrote:I saw him play at Villareal ( only some games tho.) and a little bit with Argentina during WC ( group stage + Germany ) . I wasn't mature enough to understand his importance on the pitch but I thought he was a class player , very elegant. From what I've seen of him I'd rate someone like Kàkà higher than him despite Riquelme being so class and so talented. Imo He played in an era where n10 like him started to disapear.

vs park the bus team, riquelme > kaka
(riquelme superb in controlling the match)

vs possession team, kaka > riquelme
(kaka superb in fast counterattack style)

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri May 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Overall Kaka > Riquelme because Kaka won the CL + the league with Milan + another CL final + a WC just to name the main achievements.

I could say Kaka is the one who's a bit underrated or should I say not mentionned enough because of his time at Real and the fact that he's just a great amongst others in Brazil.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Bénin wrote:Overall Kaka > Riquelme because Kaka won the CL + the league with Milan + another CL final + a WC just to name the main achievements.

I could say Kaka is the one who's a bit underrated or should I say not mentionned enough because of his time at Real and the fact that he's just a great amongst others in Brazil.

Is it that hard to won the CL+league with ac milan that had pirlo, seedorf, inzaghi, ronaldo?

Compare that to what riquelme had in villarreal. They only had forlan, sorin, senna, but still managed to go to the CL semifinal

i rated player higher based how scrub his teammates are, not how great his teammates are

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 29, 2015 3:50 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOL
Ronaldo won zero CL titles. Stop embarrassing yourself any further.

You completely disregard the fact that it takes a special quality to make it at a top club. Riquelme had talent, anyone will give you that. But his mentality was poor. He never made it at a top club. He tried and failed. Because he wasn't good enough. Because looking good when you're surrounded by scrubs isn't enough. Because talent isn't enough. Deal with it. Riquelme isn't even close to Kaka.

I'll be back.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 29, 2015 4:03 pm

zigra wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOL

You completely disregard the fact that it takes a special quality to make it at a top club. Riquelme had talent, anyone will give you that. But his mentality was poor. He never made it at a top club. He tried and failed. Because he wasn't good enough. Because looking good when you're surrounded by scrubs isn't enough. Because talent isn't enough. Deal with it. Riquelme isn't even close to Kaka.

I'll be back.

i admit i made mistake there

i'm man enough to admit to my own mistake, unlike majority here

hello, best player in all time for boca juniors

let me show you who had play in boca juniors:
1) Carlos Tevez
2) Walter Samuel
3) Claudio Paul Caniggia
4) Diego Maradona
5) Oscar Ruggeri
6) Hugo Gatti

Last edited by guest_07 on Fri May 29, 2015 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 29, 2015 4:07 pm

I'll be back.

kaka when on peak can be considered one of the best player

but in term of longevity, he suck

when he suck, you can't differentiate between him & china player, that is the fact

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 29, 2015 4:20 pm

zigra is another one that do hit & run tactic

coward, LOL

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 29, 2015 4:22 pm

guest_07 wrote:zigra is another one that do hit & run tactic

coward, LOL

Been thirty minutes.

Maybe had something to do right now.

Maybe he'll be back.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Freeza wrote:

coward, LOL

Been thirty minutes.

Maybe had something to do right now.

Maybe he'll be back.

ok....................i trust you

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 29, 2015 4:28 pm

i fed up with this kind of people

i can't wait

ta ta, see you next time, zigra

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri May 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Go do your thing m8, I'll wait for him.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri May 29, 2015 4:43 pm

guest_07 wrote:

I'll be back.

but in term of longevity, he suckwhen he suck, you can't differentiate between him & china player, that is the fact

Same could be said about Riquelme. Kaka goat mode/prime was 2005-2009 or so : much longer than Riquelme's prime. I agree with you, riquelme was great in SA but imo the Kaka of Real madrid would have been great there too if injury-free imo.
Greats players adapt themselves when surrounded with others greats ones and it looks like Riquelme couldn't. It's also a proof of greatness. Btw Kaka is just an example , I don't want to derail the thread in a Kaka vs Riqui

Why wasn't he selected for WC 2010 btw ? I only found this quote about the subject.
Riquelme has not played for Argentina since Maradona took charge in late 2008 and although he quit the team when the coach criticised aspects of his game in public, the gifted player insisted that was not the sole reason for his self-imposed exile.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 29, 2015 7:40 pm

coward, LOL
I had something to do. I told you I'll be back.

guest_07 wrote:

I'll be back.

i admit i made mistake there

i'm man enough to admit to my own mistake, unlike majority here

hello, best player in all time for boca juniors

let me show you who had play in boca juniors:
1) Carlos Tevez
2) Walter Samuel
3) Claudio Paul Caniggia
4) Diego Maradona
5) Oscar Ruggeri
6) Hugo Gatti
Pls go. He stayed with them for one year and ended his career as a drug addict with them.
That's not enough to be their best ever player? Wow hmm
guest_07 wrote:

I'll be back.

but in term of longevity, he suck

when he suck, you can't differentiate between him & china player, that is the fact
When Riquelme sucks, he sucks. Imo.

Reb, I want to thank you for waiting for me.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri May 29, 2015 8:01 pm

But this thing of " Riquelme to fail in a top team " because of a year under Van Gaal ?  As Falcao and Di Maria this year... all know Van Gaal is never in tune with South American players..
The talent can't be enough if your manager ostracizes you . Even Baggio had similar problems under Lippi,Capello and Sacchi.
And after that year in Barca his experience was great in La Liga.
Then , anyway , I feel his opinion about him is a bit influenced negatively because of that penalty kick missed against Arsenal ... as if he is a coward ... but football history is full of great players to miss decisive penalty kicks anyway
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 29, 2015 8:27 pm

Robespierre wrote:But this thing of " Riquelme to fail in a top team " because of a year under Van Gaal ?  As Falcao and Di Maria this year... all know Van Gaal is never in tune with South American players..
The talent can't be enough if your manager ostracizes you . Even Baggio had similar problems under Lippi,Capello and Sacchi.
And after that year in Barca his experience was great in La Liga.
Then , anyway , I feel his opinion about him is a bit influenced negatively because of that penalty kick missed against Arsenal ... as if he is a coward ... but football history is full of great players to miss decisive penalty kicks anyway

Can't really call it ostracizing if you get 42 games and fail to deliver
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next