FIFA 16 Discussion

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Re: FIFA 16 Discussion

Post by danyjr on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:21 am

Of course, I mean compare your radar on FIFA to this image and you'll see the pitch is way smaller than real life.

danyjr
First Team
First Team

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:27 am

Anyone interested in Pro Clubs on PS4 (North America)?

El Messico
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:30 am

Anyway, I quite like the game. Bear in mind though that I just switched to PS4 and also skipped over FIFA 15 (which I thought was the worst FIFA ever).

Messi finally seems to have hit his real level. In previous games, he always felt handicapped because of the game mechanics. I absolutely love no-touch dribbling.

The game is still not immune to standard FIFA BS ofc. From one of my recent online seasons matches:

Buffon was a god in that match. And out of those 7 shots off target, 3 had hit the post. As you probably already guessed by now, I was on a 5 match win streak prior to this game. I can't really bother to argue with anyone who denies the existence of rubber-banding or momentum or automatic changing of game sliders. I honestly think it could not be more obvious at this point. It is by far the worst thing about FIFA. Today I had a game where Messi had an open net after Iniesta's shot was saved and he would literally move one step towards the ball and snap back to his original position (repeatedly) even though I was instructing him constantly to go towards the ball. Not mad about that incident because I still scored, but without a doubt this rubber-banding has caused me immense rage over the years. And before anybody calls me a shit player, I'm a regular Div 1 online seasons league winner (but on PS3 though - and I don't play FUT)

Still a lot of fun though if you only play in short bursts every day, and multiplayer (coop and pro clubs) is even better.

El Messico
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:37 am

Will probably get a PS4 soon as I enjoy the game aswell and it's time to move on to the next generation console.

Played some on the old gen and I can confirm that they finally made Messi playable (mostly thanks to the no-touch dribbling I agree). Also Iniesta is a god in this game and I never liked to use him.

On a side note, I also played the new PES recently and its getting shitty repetitive after some time. Also hate the fact that it's so easy to score right after kickoff with one pass over to the top to your striker... defense just goes bonkers and then 1v1 it's usually a formality. All things considered FIFA shits on PES once again.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:30 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:51 am

Most people would disagree seemingly lol. It's been reviewed much higher across the board and you read things like NeoGAF and reddit and most prefer it.

So it's not like I'm the only one who shares that opinion.

Also don't know what difficulty you play on but that's practically impossible on Superstar.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:47 am

I play on Superstar and it happens every single time. I played with my bro aswell and he'd always do it whenever the game restarts from the center circle. It's so annoying, especially if you don't have WC defenders.

And it's so easy to change positions of your players that some guys I played with had switched to 4-1-5 (yes, you read that right) and literally hoof the ball across the entire pitch every-single-time. It's ridiculously easy to win games without a midfield basically Laughing

Also heard opinions that most goals in FIFA are scored in the same manner and it's really repetitive (and of course that it's not the case with PES). Now, having played both, I call it major BS. It's the other way around in fact.

Thats just my take on it so if you prefer PES don't take it as an assault on you...

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:35 am

Are you playing the full game or the demo? because the demo does play like that i agree, the full game doesn't though.

Also not sure how PES is repetitive tbh, the core strength of the game since the PS2 days has been that most goals a different from the previous one and that each player feels distinctly different which is something FIFA struggles with.

I'm fine with your opinion btw, what i'm not fine with is this thing that i'm the only one that feels that way when it's the highest reviewed football game in ages and the highest PES game since PES 6 and the 4th highest reviewed PS4 game this year ( only beaten by MGS5, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne)

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:54 am

Yep, I'm on the demo. Frankly, I never planned spending a penny on this game, because I simply don't like it. Whenever it's available for free though, I'm happy to try it out.

I don't have any issues with the new FIFA apart from passing, which is a bit off, but you can get used to it after some practice. Still, I hope they bother and will try to fix it. I certainly have more issues with PES.

Would be glad to play a game or two with you guys. Maybe some time when I eventually acquire the console lol

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:48 pm

We all retired from fifa

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Can somebody explain why some of you don't like FIFA this year?

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:28 pm

@danyjr wrote:Can somebody explain why some of you don't like FIFA this year?

All updates for the game are pretty much Ultimate Team updates.
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:08 pm

Updates from FIFA 15 you mean?! Cause there is A LOT that has changed from 15 in my opinion and they've turned the gameplay which was practically a sprint-fest to a slower paced, more football-like game.

In previous FIFAs as soon as I hit division 2 online I start hating the game because of the abuses you're allowed to perform. Now this is not me saying in FIFA 16 there aren't abusers, there are tactical abusers, set-piece, ping-pong "possession" abusers everywhere in Division 1 BUT they are not as effective as they used to be. I've been able to tolerate them so far.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:26 pm

From the little I played of it, they nerfed down passing too much. It's ridiculous that Iniesta, Montolivo etc has passing like Zapata.

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:40 am

@M99 wrote:From the little I played of it, they nerfed down passing too much. It's ridiculous that Iniesta, Montolivo etc has passing like Zapata.

Cesc Fabregas with his 90+ passing stats cannot play a through ball, even with passing assists on.

That is the only thing I dislike about it.

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:38 pm

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Been playing with a championship side on FUT, reasonably cheap players and a very good team, overall (except the GK but I cannot afford Hart yet):

Green
Iorfa Shackell Ounuha Traore
Fer Diame Luongo
Aluko
Abel.H Austin

Sadly, I cannot get a better LB due to the poor LB's in the championship. And before you say anything, Luongo is a boss CM Thumbs up

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:05 pm

@CBarca wrote:
Seen this many times and it still cracks me up rofl
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:07 am

what a flop this game is by FIFA standards

anyone had the urge to go back even once?
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:04 am

Just saw this one too rofl

Speaks to me. Don't currently have a recent game where I'm living (FIFA 14 on PS3). My scrub friend somehow gets a decent record against me (not a winning one of course) on that game for whatever reason. I ended up concluding FIFA 14 is just trash because I'm unbeaten whenever I play him in 15 or 16.

Now if only I could get my 2K skill high enough.

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:45 am

@Firenze wrote:what a flop this game is by FIFA standards

I play the game at least once a month, as I'm the host of a monthly FIFA tournament. But no, I rarely feel like playing the game by myself. Keep in mind that EA is the publisher and developer behind FIFA. Their games aren't flops, unless they sell poorly - and in that respect, FIFA is a success like any other game in the franchise, and there's no reason for them to do anything unless it affects sales, or a competitor that actually poses a threat appears. It may just be my imagination, but people already seem to have forgotten how EA conduct their business. Especially when it comes to games published by EA or Activision, but developed by one of their sub-companies or partners, it seems as if some people forget or ignore who the publisher is.

Rant:
I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront with a colleague for the past couple of days, and I've really been enjoying it. It's a fun and different game from other modern shooters, and I had no complaints before it's shortcomings gradually started creeping up on me. I really don't understand why some people are defending the areas where it comes short. I completely understand why people enjoy the game, I've enjoyed it too, but it's successfully masking the cunning market strategy that people frown upon, yet evidently don't care that much about.

Allegedly, the expensive season pass contains more content than the actual game, which in my personal opinion is lacking in variety and content, regardless of whether one thinks the game is awesome or not - significantly less than the ever unpopular CoD series. I don't consider myself a "CoD fanboy" in the sense that I can't see where their games fail to deliver, and I don't like to draw comparisons between Battlefront/field and Call of Duty, but somehow, this year's Battlefront has managed to turn EA into the morally superior company between them and Activision. And all it took was a refreshingly different setting and the addition of a seperate, well established franchise that imposes nostalgia and brand influence.

I have no doubt that people can come up with explanations and arguments as to why Battlefront is head and heels above the rest, but the same arguments can to some extent be applied to FIFA, Destiny, and the faithful fans of those franchises. With Battlefront, they had a clean slate and branched out from modern shooters just enough for people to appreciate that what it provides is different. If you enjoy the game, then who cares, right? I have no argument against that philosophy, but it tends to entail hypocrisy and I think it's mildly frustrating how little it takes to convert a critical player to a "yes man"... and it might explain why triple A game publishers have so much power over the development process, these days. I'm sorry if this rant offended anyone. If you think I'm just an ignorant, CoD fanboy, conspiracy theorist - just ignore the post and treat me as such Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:25 am

I agree with you Thimmy. What you say speaks a lot of truth, and this is coming from someone who never got into CoD.

I mean, EA is pretty much a disgusting company and I think we kind of all know that by now. I've grown to (to some extent) like the NBA, and I enjoy playing 2K. Now do I like basketball as much as footy? No...I never will, it will never come close. For that reason I have always played a lot more FIFA (i've only started playing any 2K in the last year and it's not much).

But to be honest, 2K does so many things better. 2k16's Livin Da Dream story is something that EA will never do or dream of, or accomplish for that matter. I don't play enough to properly judge as others might be able to, but the offline modes for 2K seem so incredibly more in depth and satisfying than anything EA has ever done for FIFA.

And that's what I enjoy when I play FIFA. Offline playing with friends, career mode etc, but they've stopped caring about those people.

Every day that passes I lean towards getting PES when my roomie gets a PS4, which should be soon. We'll see if I like it, at least it's something different, and at least I'm not continuing to throw my money at the ever-disappointing EA. That being said, I'll be picking up Battlefront too :facepalm: . Damn you EA.

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:15 am

@Firenze wrote:what a flop this game is by FIFA standards

lol i'm done with the series. Haven't played it for months. This is my last fifa purchase.

Only play it when I visit friends or they visit me.
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:23 am

@CBarca wrote:I agree with you Thimmy. What you say speaks a lot of truth, and this is coming from someone who never got into CoD.

I mean, EA is pretty much a disgusting company and I think we kind of all know that by now. I've grown to (to some extent) like the NBA, and I enjoy playing 2K. Now do I like basketball as much as footy? No...I never will, it will never come close. For that reason I have always played a lot more FIFA (i've only started playing any 2K in the last year and it's not much).

But to be honest, 2K does so many things better. 2k16's Livin Da Dream story is something that EA will never do or dream of, or accomplish for that matter. I don't play enough to properly judge as others might be able to, but the offline modes for 2K seem so incredibly more in depth and satisfying than anything EA has ever done for FIFA.

And that's what I enjoy when I play FIFA. Offline playing with friends, career mode etc, but they've stopped caring about those people.

Every day that passes I lean towards getting PES when my roomie gets a PS4, which should be soon. We'll see if I like it, at least it's something different, and at least I'm not continuing to throw my money at the ever-disappointing EA. That being said, I'll be picking up Battlefront too :facepalm: . Damn you EA.

I'll pick up my own copy of Battlefront soon, as well. I just think it's silly that some people use that game as an example for CoD to follow, as if EA suddenly started a positive trend of caring about what their consumers want Razz Swap Dice's name with Activision on the cover for Battlefront, and I think a massive amount of attention would suddenly be brought to existing flaws in the game. I mean, bring laser guns with no recoil and no distinctive way to tell a handgun apart from a light machine gun (aside from sound effects) to a Call of Duty game, and that alone would cause a hell of an uproar.
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next