Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
FalcaoPunch
48 posters

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

FIFA 16 Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: FIFA 16 Discussion

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:23 am

CBarca wrote:I agree with you Thimmy. What you say speaks a lot of truth, and this is coming from someone who never got into CoD.

I mean, EA is pretty much a disgusting company and I think we kind of all know that by now. I've grown to (to some extent) like the NBA, and I enjoy playing 2K. Now do I like basketball as much as footy? No...I never will, it will never come close. For that reason I have always played a lot more FIFA (i've only started playing any 2K in the last year and it's not much).

But to be honest, 2K does so many things better. 2k16's Livin Da Dream story is something that EA will never do or dream of, or accomplish for that matter. I don't play enough to properly judge as others might be able to, but the offline modes for 2K seem so incredibly more in depth and satisfying than anything EA has ever done for FIFA.

And that's what I enjoy when I play FIFA. Offline playing with friends, career mode etc, but they've stopped caring about those people.

Every day that passes I lean towards getting PES when my roomie gets a PS4, which should be soon. We'll see if I like it, at least it's something different, and at least I'm not continuing to throw my money at the ever-disappointing EA. That being said, I'll be picking up Battlefront too :facepalm: . Damn you EA.

I'll pick up my own copy of Battlefront soon, as well. I just think it's silly that some people use that game as an example for CoD to follow, as if EA suddenly started a positive trend of caring about what their consumers want Razz Swap Dice's name with Activision on the cover for Battlefront, and I think a massive amount of attention would suddenly be brought to existing flaws in the game. I mean, bring laser guns with no recoil and no distinctive way to tell a handgun apart from a light machine gun (aside from sound effects) to a Call of Duty game, and that alone would cause a hell of an uproar.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:18 am

It's been basically the same game for a few years again now, I'm not surprised people don't spend time with it like with a proper new game.

That said, I enjoy mine and my friend's career mode that we play 1-2 times a month.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:00 pm

CBarca wrote:

Just saw this one too rofl

Speaks to me. Don't currently have a recent game where I'm living (FIFA 14 on PS3). My scrub friend somehow gets a decent record against me (not a winning one of course) on that game for whatever reason. I ended up concluding FIFA 14 is just trash because I'm unbeaten whenever I play him in 15 or 16.

Now if only I could get my 2K skill high enough.

Actually can't stop laughing rofl

This and the other one are just rofl
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:12 pm

Begging konami to put in coop so i can jump the ship in pes17
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:39 pm

I don't understand the criticism of FIFA 16. For years this game has been a dream for abusers who like to ping-pong the ball and use unrealistic methods to play the game. This is no longer the case (although there is still abuse in 1st and 2nd Divisions online).

Just cause you need to unlearn a bad habit doesn't mean there is something wrong with the game itself. There is something wrong with your playing style. I really want people to give this game more time and realise its potential because personally I haven't had more fun with FIFA since FIFA 10.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:47 pm

danyjr wrote:I don't understand the criticism of FIFA 16. For years this game has been a dream for abusers who like to ping-pong the ball and use unrealistic methods to play the game. This is no longer the case (although there is still abuse in 1st and 2nd Divisions online).

Just cause you need to unlearn a bad habit doesn't mean there is something wrong with the game itself. There is something wrong with your playing style. I really want people to give this game more time and realise its potential because personally I haven't had more fun with FIFA since FIFA 10.

They haven't fixed fundamental issues that have been present in the game since the great depression. They claim that their goal is realism, yet the FIFA games have never been particularly realistic, and their attempts at making it so are really half-assed... unless, you count switching off gradually more assist settings as groundbreaking improvements. In fact, their less resourceful rivals are clearly more willing or capable of making their game realistic. Now, excuse me while I send a long-range ground pass to my team mate. Actually, no.. that's not possible in FIFA 16's 5D HD realistic football simulator of the future Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:52 pm

danyjr wrote:I don't understand the criticism of FIFA 16. For years this game has been a dream for abusers who like to ping-pong the ball and use unrealistic methods to play the game. This is no longer the case (although there is still abuse in 1st and 2nd Divisions online).

I agree with you, I think it's the best FIFA I've played. But it still doesn't feel exactly like a new game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Thimmy wrote:They haven't fixed fundamental issues that have been present in the game since the great depression. They claim that their goal is realism, yet the FIFA games have never been particularly realistic, and their attempts at making it so are really half-assed... unless, you count switching off gradually more assist settings as groundbreaking improvements. In fact, their less resourceful rivals are clearly more willing or capable of making their game realistic. Now, excuse me while I send a long-range ground pass to my team mate. Actually, no.. that's not possible in FIFA 16's 5D HD realistic football simulator of the future Very Happy

Could you describe a few of these 'fundamental issues'?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:31 pm

danyjr wrote:
Thimmy wrote:They haven't fixed fundamental issues that have been present in the game since the great depression. They claim that their goal is realism, yet the FIFA games have never been particularly realistic, and their attempts at making it so are really half-assed... unless, you count switching off gradually more assist settings as groundbreaking improvements. In fact, their less resourceful rivals are clearly more willing or capable of making their game realistic. Now, excuse me while I send a long-range ground pass to my team mate. Actually, no.. that's not possible in FIFA 16's 5D HD realistic football simulator of the future Very Happy

Could you describe a few of these 'fundamental issues'?

Off the top of my head - offside calls being called loooong after they've occurred, penalties being conceded because an opposing player ran into a defender that you didn't even control (sometimes this occurs when an opposing player collides and/or fouls your defender), goalkeepers punching the ball out when they easily could've grabbed it, goalkeepers failing to hold onto weak shots and lobbed shots, yet sometimes manage to firmly hold onto powerful, cannon strikes, "gliding" in practically unstoppable runs inside the box, the infamous "momentum" that sometimes lasts throughout a whole game, and often just before a half ends, players not abiding to tactical decisions like, ordering a DM to stay back in defence. I'm sure there are plenty more issues that I just can't think of right now. I rarely play FIFA, these days.

If there's one thing FIFA 16 did well, it's improving goalkeepers... something consumers have been complaining about for a few years now, that was a particularly large issue in FIFA 15.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:49 pm

To be fair I don't disagree with your concerns, apart from the offside calls which I think adds to the realism and the 'momentum'. The penalties are definitely an issue especially as they change the outcome of a game, I think collision detection went a step back with 16 compared to 15. I hope they fix that in the next FIFA.

Goalkeepers, you're also right. I think they are super inconsistent and not realistic at all.

Momentum, I think there is none, at least when I play online. You're sometimes against a better player and sometimes aren't, and fatigue also has an effect on this "momentum".

Tactical decisions, I also agree and I have learned to manually override some decisions my players make. But if you're frustrated about the AI, try playing PES...you'll starting banging your head against the wall Very Happy
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 pm

danyjr wrote:To be fair I don't disagree with your concerns, apart from the offside calls which I think adds to the realism and the 'momentum'.

I get what you're saying, but offsides are called far too late the majority of the time, and it's frustrating to spend valuable stamina and effort chasing the ball long after the offside has occurred. I don't want offsides to be robotically called, the instant they occur, but there's definitely plenty of room for them to be called sooner in most situations. I personally don't think it's realistic when I have time to pass the ball three times and shoot before the linesman decides that there was an offside before I even started the attack.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:34 pm

The demo gameplay was the best version of FIFA ever despite its flaws such as interceptions being op. They then ruined it by making dribbling op again and by putting the arcadey ice skating feeling back.

Anyway it looks like they're nerfing the dribbling in the upcoming patch.

The fourth title update for FIFA 16 is now available for PC. The title update will be available for PS4/XB1 at a later date.

This update includes the following items in FIFA Ultimate Team:
The ability to quickly change price values when listing items on the transfer market.
Adjusted the likelihood of foggy weather during online matches.
Added the ability to search your club items by Nationality.
This update includes the following improvements to gameplay:
Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline.
Improved pass receiver selection.
Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:41 pm

Seems like they fixing the passing a bit after 3 months of worldwide rage lmao

"Sprinting dribbling" rofl Proud

Haven't touched this shit for 2 months lmao don't even miss it.

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:55 pm

don't care

PES are releasing a F2P version of 2016 next week, will be checking that
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:13 pm

"Adjusted the likelihood of foggy weather during online matches."

They need a patch for that???? rofl

it's a 5 minutes job at best. You just decrease the variable ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Firenze wrote:don't care

What does the F2P version even have lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:"Adjusted the likelihood of foggy weather during online matches."

They need a patch for that???? rofl

it's a 5 minutes job at best. You just decrease the variable ffs
probably a shitty if else statement they couldn't figure out without ruining the other type of weather
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firenze wrote:don't care

What does the F2P version even have lol?

exhibition mode with online play and 7 teams

and myclub which is all I care about trying
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:33 pm

If the Myclub version is same as main game then i can see it being good tbh.

To be frank as far as football games go, it's extremely good. It's just i'd rather play Battlefront, Witcher and what ever single player games i haven't touched yet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:35 pm

will be the full version

it's PES version of UT right? I looked into it, seems a lot, lot deeper though, tons of tactical options

obviously they're hoping for microtransactions to make some profit, hopefully it's not nerfed to make it impossible to get good players because I don't plan on paying
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:36 pm

INB4 I'm asking for PSN credit in my xmas cards
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Firenze wrote:will be the full version

it's PES version of UT right? I looked into it, seems a lot, lot deeper though, tons of tactical options

obviously they're hoping for microtransactions to make some profit, hopefully it's not nerfed to make it impossible to get good players because I don't plan on paying

Yeah it's quite different though, you get a manager and you build your team around that managers strength and weaknesses instead of the league or country chemistry like in FIFA.

There's micro transactions obviously, but you don't have to and there's no transfer market thing like in FIFA. You just buy a player and hope you get a good one Laughing That's on purpose though they claim at least that it would imbalance the game mode.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:13 pm

hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:hmm

They improved passing in the last update? I hosted my monthly FIFA tournament last night, and simple 3 yard passes would still occasionally fail to hit the target in terms of angle or power, regardless of my actions. What did they improve? The frequency of randomly programmed, shitty passes? Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:07 am

Anybody else got arrested for the absolute banter that ensued on GL chat and youtube yet?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:22 am

I'm laying low right now

Don't want Cryuff academy to hunt me down hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci