Twoism
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Tue May 19, 2015 6:47 pm

If the development of Gnabry was at a better stage at the moment I would absolutely say no to Sterling, but Serge hasn't come through yet like I hoped he would, and I personally am a fan of Sterling, lol, the guy is only 20 and he has basically played half-hearted for Liverpool this season and arguably has been their best/go to player after Henderson and Coutinho.

If we can get him in a good place and let him focus on his football, and PROTECT HIM FROM THE MEDIA Very Happy I think we can get a good few years out of him if he does happen to have this BS again with us.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Tue May 19, 2015 7:36 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
I would rather give Rosicky +£135k/week, who is twice the player Milner is even now, atleast he'd deserve it for his longetivity.

:bow:

El Gunner wrote:If the development of Gnabry was at a better stage at the moment ....

Injuries to young players ffs :facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 19, 2015 8:00 pm

on being linked with Raheem Sterling…
At the moment we are not in a transfer mode. We want to finish our season well. We have put massive effort in since the start of the season to come back into a potentially good position in the Premier League, and now we need to focus on finishing well. We have put so much effort in that it would be stupid not to finish the job well. The transfer period comes after the FA Cup final.

on whether Arsenal will bid for Sterling…
I do not bid for anybody at the moment. In the summer we will bid for people. At the moment we are not in transfer mode at all.

on whether Arsenal are monitoring Sterling’s situation…
You absolutely want me to say something that I don’t want to say. I don’t like to lie. If I say that I will and I don’t do it, then I have lied.

on Sterling fitting the criteria…
I promise you that you [the reporter] will be my first advisor in the summer to make the transfers.

on James Milner maybe being too old to invest in…
Twenty-nine is not old. As I just told you we are in front of a big game tomorrow and we are not at all focused on that.

on whether he expects Liverpool to resist selling…
They have the right to decide what they want but at the end of the day, in our jobs you need the agreement of the player as well.

on Petr Cech speculation...
There again, I can only repeat what I told you.

on Milner turning down a contract at Man City…
We have a big squad at the moment and it is not especially… we do not need a number of players. Contract talks at the moment are not in my mind at all. What I want is to finish well the season, and after I will make my decisions.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150519/wenger-we-are-not-in-transfer-mode#T8J38HQooEFwlBJB.99
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue May 19, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm sure Wenger is interested in Sterling and wants him but I don't know how practical it is, I seriously doubt Liverpool will do any business with us. Other than that can't imagine Wenger would want to spend the money, or give him the kind of wages he's asking for.

Only thing I can see is Walcott + cash. Only transaction I think that has any sort of chance
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Any chance of a Walcott swap depends on how highly wenger rates Sterling

Walcott is a superior player and proven. But his injury record isn't the best and he always has his meltdowns with contracts. Not to mention he can't get in the team atm.

But at his best he is one of our most threatening players.

If Wenger believes Sterling can develop into a WC player and it's worth doing the swap then I am sure Liverpool will be interested in a swap as well since Walcott will be great in their system.

Price can be met if both parties are willing.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 19, 2015 8:56 pm

Sanchez-Giroud-Ozil is the attacking trio.... then you want Cazorla-Ramsey-DM or defensive B2b. Schneiderlin would be a good one to get.

Sterling isn't necessary. He has even less chance of making the 11 as he's not as good as Walcott... and he can't get into the 11. I'd rather Gnabry get a chance as a wing player and Wenger focus on getting a backup striker. Gignac would be a good one and he's free. He would even push Giroud imo.

I'm a OM homer so keep that in mind Laughing I personally feel that Ayew (who is free also) would be a great bench addition and someone that would bring toughness.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 pm

I am not sure about Gignac or Ayew to be honest - I don't think either will be a big boost to what we have, in the mould of Özil or Alexis. Ideally, that caliber is the only reason we should sign an attacker to supplement what we have. A Reus or someone. Otherwise, I'd rather focus on keeping Walcott and building chemistry and infusing the likes of Ox and Gnarby.

On Theo: his agents are biyatches, but I would rather keep him after we spent all these years developing him. I agree with Wenger that Theo's best years are around the corner. hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 19, 2015 11:45 pm

SZCZESNY SET FOR PREMIER LEAGUE LOAN MOVE TO SOUTHAMPTON - The Express

Arsenal in talks with Cech - Mirror

This sounds realistic tbh. Cech wouldn't want to leave London and will be a first choice at one of the best clubs in the world. He is a WC keeper as well.

Szczesny can play at Southampton, EL and PL and improve further.

Win-Win
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 19, 2015 11:52 pm

if we by any chance signed Gk Of Cech Caliber then surely Szczesny has no Future here and has to be Sold

waiting for him to come good?nah this aint 2012 anymore
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 20, 2015 1:02 am

sportsczy wrote: I personally feel that Ayew (who is free also) would be a great bench addition and someone that would bring toughness.

I like Ayew, I wouldn't mind it but don't see it happening.

The Szczesny loan and Cech buy sounds like a FIFA scenario. Most likely that if we were to sign Cech, Szczesny would be sold. Don't see the point of just loaning him out if we're signing someone to basically say he's not good enough anymore.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 20, 2015 2:44 am

Forget Sterling, not needed and no way we will offer him more than Liverpool.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 22, 2015 10:16 am

Wenger confirms Arsenal have taken up option to extend Rosicky's contract by another year, meaning next year will be his 10th season with the club:

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/05/wenger-rosicky-to-stay-another-year/

Also said: "All our players want to stay here at @Arsenal this summer. I have no concerns at all."

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri May 22, 2015 10:44 am

cheers cheers cheers

Great news! Still a lot to offer on the pitch. Not just "leadership", but acceleration, directness, skill, that killer pass.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 22, 2015 10:45 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Wenger confirms Arsenal have taken up option to extend Rosicky's contract by another year, meaning next year will be his 10th season with the club:

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/05/wenger-rosicky-to-stay-another-year/

Also said: "All our players want to stay here at @Arsenal this summer. I have no concerns at all."

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE HAD IN A MONTH. I AM CRYING TEARS OF JOY RIGHT NOW.

I HOPE HE RETIRES WITH US NEXT SUMMER AND TAKES UP A ROLE IN THE SET UP AFTER THAT.

(Sorry for the caps, I need a few more hours before the excitement fades down).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 22, 2015 10:47 am

Proud

Hope he leads the League Cup team to victory, he deserves something like that because we all know he won't be a starter for us but he has so much class, talent and experience that he brings to our club.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 22, 2015 10:50 am

I HOPE HE WINS THE TREBLE WITH US NEXT YEAR. (CL is unrealisitc).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 22, 2015 10:50 am

BETTER THAN A NEW SIGNING FFS.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 22, 2015 10:51 am

Need my main man UrbanRoots to get the *bleep* in here to celebrate. drinking drinking drinking

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri May 22, 2015 11:25 am

Worth all 59 pages of this thread. Get in lad.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 22, 2015 1:32 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Rosickiy_3
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri May 22, 2015 4:07 pm

lol lets be honest, he should be ahead of wilshere atleast in the pecking order.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Poor Tomas. What a waste of a career.

Who could've known leaving a broken 7th place Dortmund on the brink of insolvency for Arsenal FC effectively meant leaving for a less successful club Sad
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 22, 2015 5:40 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Poor Tomas. What a waste of a career.

Who could've known leaving a broken 7th place Dortmund on the brink of insolvency for Arsenal FC effectively meant leaving for a less successful club Sad

Please go. Both him and Arsenal were very unlucky with injuries for years. No need to waltz in here and troll this happy occasion.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Hope he retires with us.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri May 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Bergkamp is the only player to get a testimonial at the Emirates, right?

Would love to see Rozza get one.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 22, 2015 9:01 pm

Rosicky is my favorite Arsenal player. He's been so since Henry left.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next