Do we want Cristiano to leave or stay?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you prefer CR to stay or leave the evil?

42% 42% 
[ 5 ]
58% 58% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 12

Do we want Cristiano to leave or stay?

Post by free_cat on Fri May 29, 2015 8:18 am

As every summer, there are rumours that Cristiano may leave Madrid. After supported Ancelotti to stay, just before he got sacked, I think it's the first time that these rumours might have some truth in them. Also, Cristiano is over 30 and if a fat paycheck came around, it wouldn't be impossible that Madrid sold him.

So, as Barça fans, what would we prefer, Cristiano to leave and the Evil to get a huge paycheck to reinvest, or Cristiano to stay some more seasons?

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we want Cristiano to leave or stay?

Post by futbol on Fri May 29, 2015 9:22 am

Leave. Can't wait to see Madrid built around Bale.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri May 29, 2015 10:05 am

I'm unsure tbh. Sure, short term it's better for them if Cristiano stay. But longer term, with the money of the sell they could buy Pogba with no problem, no one could compete. This will fix the broken midfield they had this season and they would have this team for 5 years still:

GK
Danilo - Varane - Ramos - Marcelo
------ Pogba - Modric
James----- Kroos ----- Bale
-----------Benzema

Or any other formation or fitting Isco in for Kroos. It's a very strong team and surely much more solid than this season's, considering their problem has not been offense, but defence....

Ronaldo is bound to decline in the following 2-3 years, although he can be scoring 40 a season till he's 40 with headers and penaldos.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 am

you could rewrite the question : "are we obsessed with Cristiano or not??" Laughing

on a serious note, I beleive he would not want to leave himself. There is simply not a better place for him than madrid at this moment. He may be 30 but still he has the ability to score tons week in week out. And there is no other single competitor for him than Messi at this moment. He would want to stay close by his best competitor...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri May 29, 2015 10:24 am

I'm not really obsessed with Cristiano, just about Madrid.

I'm always drafting maleficent plans to bring them down in my mind the same way I'm always thinking in how to to improve my beloved Barça in order to win 6 trebles in the next 10 years (although in reality I'm absolutely powerless, but that's being a fan is Very Happy).

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri May 29, 2015 10:44 am

Read an article regarding his goals, nearly all of them are now scored with 1 touch. He is scoring easy goals set up by team mates, he can do this for as long as he wants untill he sees real decline (im talking 35+). He has been in physical decline at least the last 2 years, you can just see he doesnt move around as well and he is getting small injuries which he never used to get at this frequency.

Basically im saying the level he showed this year, I believe will remain for another few. I felt he was a tap in merchant in his prime and he is just becoming a bigger and bigger one.

I say this so that you understand my feelings on him and if its positive or negative, you know I have taken it into account. Because honestly I say this without any doubt, it makes no difference to me if he stays or doesnt.

I dont think he is a difference maker in winning or losing titles, I think that if we win its because of us. These last years when we have won leagues and such we have done so by being at a high level and what level Madrid reached rarely mattered. I think our generation of core players is better, when they are put in good physical, tactical and mental conditions...they prove they are better. Doesnt matter what Cristiano does.

Now sure, if we arent good it gives them a chance to win things and like you I always want Madrid to lose, always. So in that sense I think if he goes a team lead by Isco, Benzema, James and Bale isnt ready to win. I look at champions and title winners and feel like they have more maturity than that group. Add Pogba and I feel no different, as talented as he is.

I dont think its quite time fora new wave and when it is, I cant see Cristiano being the only one leaving. It never seems to happen like it, its nearly always a group of players.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri May 29, 2015 10:55 am

Well, I don't think he was a poacher 2 seasons ago, but he surely is now. He scores half his goals from headers and the other half from penaldos nowadays.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr on Fri May 29, 2015 10:56 am

Sell him please.
I am very curious to see how they will compensate for 61 lost goals.
Sure the team may function better, but it will take them time to do it efficiently
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Fri May 29, 2015 1:32 pm

I disagree that he was not injured before. As far as i can remember, he was injured in almost every season be it for a short or long duration. I doubt he has any season since moving to Madrid when he played all games.
Secondly as much as i hate this guy, i dont believe he is a tap in merchant. I dont know whether thats your honest opinion but he had a lot of beautiful goals. He may not have great goals this season though.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri May 29, 2015 1:37 pm

He surely wasn't before... but now? I'm pretty sure more than half of his goals are headers and penalties.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Fri May 29, 2015 1:51 pm

I just have read the article....

43 of 48 goals from inside box
41 of 48 goals from one touch Shocked Shocked Shocked
10 of 48 goals from penalty
12 of 48 goals from header (his record in a season)

how can someone score 41 goals from one touch Rolling Eyes thats also skill

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Fri May 29, 2015 2:01 pm

He's the worst problem to have, luckily I don't have to think about it.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois on Fri May 29, 2015 3:03 pm

I'd like them to sell him. They'll be weaker. The trend now is to bash him and to belittle his insane goal ratio but you don't replace that easily. It's not easy to replace one big star with many others players.

Anyways he won't leave before 3 more years imo.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Fri May 29, 2015 3:55 pm

I would love for him to leave, as I believe they might play better but they will find replacing his goals hard. Bale might actually be able to be a better scorer playing on the left and in a free role, but he is still a dumb player. James, Isco, Kroos, Benz can all score allot, but all are also streaky. And out of that group I think Benz is the only true scorer. They would suffer tremendously as right now teams have to build tactics just around Ronaldo, which would then they wouldn't have too. Also, lets be honest if Ronaldo goes to PSG or any other league other than England, he would likely never got voted for the Ballon D'Or again lol. Couple that in with the fat waiter's defensive tactics, and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up fighting against Valencia and Atletico to finish 2nd, as oppose to battling us to finish 1st.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Fri May 29, 2015 4:54 pm

You guyz are talking like madrid never won anything without CR..lol. everything would be just fine. the question is how they replace him. they ofcourse can make another formidable team without him. Bayern did not need him or Messi to be great.
He scores tons of goals but do you really need tons of goals to win a game. In most cases not.Strong lead matters only against top teams. weak teams surrender easily after a 2 goal lead.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Fri May 29, 2015 4:57 pm

@free_cat wrote:He surely wasn't before... but now? I'm pretty sure more than half of his goals are headers and penalties.

why do you consider headers in the same way as penalties. heading is not a easy skill to develop and his headers goals are really good (few are tap-ins like the one vs. Juventus)

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Fri May 29, 2015 5:20 pm

@free_cat wrote:I'm unsure tbh. Sure, short term it's better for them if Cristiano stay. But longer term, with the money of the sell they could buy Pogba with no problem, no one could compete. This will fix the broken midfield they had this season and they would have this team for 5 years still:

GK
Danilo - Varane - Ramos - Marcelo
------ Pogba - Modric
James----- Kroos ----- Bale
-----------Benzema

Or any other formation or fitting Isco in for Kroos. It's a very strong team and surely much more solid than this season's, considering their problem has not been offense, but defence....

Ronaldo is bound to decline in the following 2-3 years, although he can be scoring 40 a season till he's 40 with headers and penaldos.

And what's Pogba adding to Madrid that they lack? Pogba is an attack-minded player who dribbles, moves up the pitch and takes shots from range. Against Madrid he attempted 2 or 3 backheel flicks and they all resulted in dangerous counterattacks. Using him deeper in a pivot role doesn't fix their defensive issues. It makes them worse. In short: What's the big difference between:

Modric Pogba
Kroos

And:

Modric Kroos
Isco

There is no major benefit. Pogba is not Vieira. He might have the physical tools but like Yaya he is more attack and skill oriented.

Point number 2: Benzema has never in his life proven to be capable of being the main man at this level. Maybe in France but that's hardly relevant anymore what he did there almost 10 years ago for a side like Lyon. He blows hot and cold and misses quite a lot of easy chances. I was rewatching the 2-2 Clasico from 12/13 yesterday (see Messi thread) and Benzema stood out missing 2 absolute sitters, one so bad he didn't even direct the shot at goal. He was totally unmarked and his shot resulted in a throw-in. This season he was amazing for 2 months between September and November where he scored more than half of his total goals this season then blew cold again between December and February where he only scored 3 goals in 2 months etc. He is the perfect complimentary player because he has great linkup skills but it's unlikely Benzema can lead Madrid's line consistently at a world class level from August until June.

Similar with Bale. It's only conjecture that Bale just needs to be the main man and he'll magically deliver. His best scoring season is 21 goals in 33 games where he was the absolute focal point of Spurs, taking shots from everywhere. It's hardly THAT impressive. Harry Kane has scored the same amount in less games.

Now don't get me wrong. You don't necessarily need Ronaldo to compete. Atletico have proven this and Madrid have more talent than Atletico even without Ronaldo. But he certainly makes life a lot easier. Especially in La Liga. I think in a handful of Cup competitions Ronaldo would be less of a loss. But in La Liga losing someone who is capable of scoring 50+ goals in a season (if he stayed injury and suspension free he could have easily reached that) would require Madrid to learn how to grind out results like 1-0 or 2-1 à la Atleti from time to time. I don't think Madrid's Galactico "superstars" have it in them. Maybe in a few selected Cup games like Copa del Rey final last season. But not on a consistent basis.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu on Fri May 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Replacing Ronaldo with any other player would be a massive downgrade for RM, so, yes, I'd prefer to see him leave.

Més que un club
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Fri May 29, 2015 7:34 pm

the biggest effect madrid will have with him leaving is convincing the media that real madrid is better off without him.
everytime they'll lose they will say ronaldo shouldn't of left blah blah blah

so with him leaving, i do think madrid will have problems on and off the field.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri May 29, 2015 10:41 pm

@neuro11 wrote:I just have read the article....

43 of 48 goals from inside box
41 of 48 goals from one touch Shocked Shocked Shocked
10 of 48 goals from penalty
12 of 48 goals from header (his record in a season)

how can someone score 41 goals from one touch Rolling Eyes thats also skill

One touch inside the box...what do you think those are? My friend, just look at the goals?

These are tap ins, pens and shots goalies should save...obviously there are some fine goals in there, but this in the least impressive season of scoring this many goals you can surely think of.

As for injuries..I dunno what you talking about honestly. He has tendinitis which is chronic and giving him more and more problems, his body is most certainly breaking down slowly.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Fri May 29, 2015 11:42 pm

God, that dude has the most annoying goal celebrations I've ever seen.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 on Sat May 30, 2015 9:44 am

He wants to leave but records and ballon dor ...
l think with him Madrid will never play as a team.they just kick the ball forward and run after it. I will not talk about barcelona or bayern but even a.madrid plays football better than madrid

If he accepted poacher role then it will be fine. but he walks all over the pitch and does nothing great as a playmaker or winger. Its a big minus to have CR as a playmaker or winger in that team he just doesnt deliver anything. CR should accept poacher role and stand there and stop complaining if bale scores. Then they have chance to be a great team.

But this will never happen and madrid will continue to be a funny team

ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat May 30, 2015 9:50 am

Yesss, leave. And build the team around kick & run Bale. Pls.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle on Sat May 30, 2015 5:14 pm

I'm not a Cristiano hater even though I find his shenanigans tragicomic. Nor do I emotionally invest myself in loathing Barca's arch-rival.

For one, I don't think Madrid need to sell any of their assets to invest in others. If they want to pick up an emerging talent, they'll do so regardless. Secondly, for all his decline and flaws he's still RM's biggest goal scoring threat, and a match winner.

Having the second best player who's also a global brand is not a bad thing for the league he belongs. I wish to see LL dominate in terms of quality and star value, and continue to boast top 5 players. The Messi-CR rivalry, even if much of it is media driven has propelled their legacy and benefited their respective teams.
CR departure would mean the league losing the added appeal, marketability, undeniable quality and an eccentric character.

À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Sun May 31, 2015 7:39 am

@À bout de souffle wrote:I'm not a Cristiano hater even though I find his shenanigans tragicomic. Nor do I emotionally invest myself in loathing Barca's arch-rival.

For one, I don't think Madrid need to sell any of their assets to invest in others. If they want to pick up an emerging talent, they'll do so regardless. Secondly, for all his decline and flaws he's still RM's biggest goal scoring threat, and a match winner.

Having the second best player who's also a global brand is not a bad thing for the league he belongs. I wish to see LL dominate in terms of quality and star value, and continue to boast top 5 players. The Messi-CR rivalry, even if much of it is media driven has propelled their legacy and benefited their respective teams.
CR departure would mean the league losing the added appeal, marketability, undeniable quality and an eccentric character.

not much for R. Madrid though...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next